Red Dead Redemption: Collector's/Promotional Items For Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I know there was an extensive thread before and after RDR's release on people looking for the limited run of RDR playing cards that were being given out at select retailers.

Obviously, Rockstar has another huge hit on its hands and I suspect is looking to make a few extra bucks. That being said, it looks like they are offering up all available promotional items plus a few collector's goodies for RDR via an official store.

Check it out here: http://rockstarwarehouse.stores.yahoo.net/rdrliedfrco.html

Notable Items:

Playing Cards & Dice - $10

rockstarwarehouse_2108_15231127

DELUXE (not sure what the difference is) Playing Cards - $10

rockstarwarehouse_2108_14720114

Dynamite Candle - $15
rockstarwarehouse_2108_10871321

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool but shipping somewhat kills it, as it quickly rises to $30 for 2 packs of cards (granted on deluxe with hard case) and dice ... but still very tempting nonetheless.

From the info section of the page:

Please note that a $1.50 handling charge will be added to the shipping costs and that there is a $20 minimum for all orders.

Ruahrc

Wish I had extra money around, would of bought some of this stuff knowing that I love RDR. They want a shirt for 20 bucks with shipping and tax which almost comes out to be 28 dollars for NY. I'm not paying 28 dollars for a shirt, I've never spent 28 dollars on a shirt in my life lol.

I ordered the Collectors Edition Package #2 for $20 and it came out to $28 and change after shipping and tax. It's not too bad if you really want that stuff. I thought the dynamite looked cool so I ordered it. :)

Just keep in mind the cards, dice and shirts were being given out at launch events for free and soap is ... well soap. If people are going to order, I would say the real collectible stuff is the deluxe card set and possibly the candle, though I'm not sure how much value a candle can really gain.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']$20 bucks just for some cards and small plastic items? lame[/QUOTE]

What else you goona do with that 20 buy a value meal and gas

Best Buy and Walmart received the Playing Cards (for both midnight launches and in-store purchases).

I believe everything else, candle - t-shirts - soap - etc., was given away at select few Gamestops via Rockstar selection.

[quote name='findthedeal24']You guys do realize there are tons of decks of the RDR playing cards for sale on eBay, right? Many have an opening bid of $1.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I'd check eBay if you're looking to snag a cheap pair of the standard playing cards.

I'd really like to know what makes the Deluxe version so "deluxe" besides the sleeve.

Honestly, this is a deal for those who love collecting gaming related items. I'd say with the shipping minimum, you'd be better off going with one of the collections.

I think both collections + shipping and tax was like $42 for me...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'd really like to know what makes the Deluxe version so "deluxe" besides the sleeve.[/QUOTE]

From the looks of it, it looks like it is the sleeve. Other than that, the cards in the pictures look identical.

I'm an idiot so I was going to buy some of this stuff, but thanks to rockstar having a minimum purchase (WTF, are you kidding?) I didn't order anything and saved money.

These are actually pretty cool lookin cards.. a little flimsy, but the style is the same from the game. The difference between the 'deluxe' pack is basically just the way the box opens up, it seems to have a sleeve that slides out of the box instead of just a flip open lid.

I got these free from WalMart when my friend picked up Red Dead the other night, the kid gave him a pack and I asked for one and he just tossed an extra pack on the table. thnx WalMart guy.

Cool cards, but I'm still glad I pre-ordered becuz the golden guns are nice too.

Anybody know if the cards themselves are good quality? If they are high quality cards like a bicycle or something, I might be convinced to order. I like the artwork/styling on the cards. The $20 order minimum is a huge turnoff though.

BTW the deluxe cards' case says "clothbound" which you can kind of tell from the picture. I'm thinking like a hardbound book cloth type material.

Ruahrc

I really want the stick of dyno! It comes to almost $30 shipped to NY for me. I am so close to hitting the submit order button. Is the stick of dyno really nice prop to stick near my gaming area? If it looks tacky then i would pass. The cards are sweet but not just worth getting for that.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Anybody know if the cards themselves are good quality? If they are high quality cards like a bicycle or something, I might be convinced to order. I like the artwork/styling on the cards. The $20 order minimum is a huge turnoff though.

BTW the deluxe cards' case says "clothbound" which you can kind of tell from the picture. I'm thinking like a hardbound book cloth type material.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Actually they are fairly good quality, however a little bit flimsier than bicycle. They are worth a buy though if you like the artwork. I have used them a few times and they look awesome.

Minimum order is $20, lowest shipping option is roughly $9.50. I'd love to pick a few of those things up, but that's robbery. Fail.

[quote name='Guerrilla']owest shipping option is roughly $9.50. I'd love to pick a few of those things up, but that's robbery.

Fail.[/QUOTE]

Mine was $6 for an order of both Collections...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Mine was $6 for an order of both Collections...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have no idea why they're charging me so much. It's cool stuff and worth the posting though. Just wish it was more reasonable...

If any of you guys are looking for the cards, just hit up the RDR pre-order bonus trade thread and post what you have to offer if you're looking for a pack.

So how many people actually diving in on this? I hate to not pull the trigger then later i find them for insane prices and want them bad. I will never pay $200 like that ebayer did that was crazy! I would not even pay $40. The $30 shipped with tax is a bit expensive for the collection of everything. If i had photos of someone in hand and not a company photo shots i could make up my mind. :>

Thanks for the linkage.

I got suckered. I got the dynamite, deluxe playing cards with dice and the soap.

Pricing was little odd though. Cost me just as much to buy both collector sets to get what I wanted and have doubles of the soap and a extra pack of regular playing cards as it was for me to get a collectors pack and the deluxe cards with no dice. Atleast the stuff wasnt to outrageously priced.

All in all 42 bucks after shipping and Ill give my best friend my extra soap and regular playing cards as a surprise.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']So how many people actually diving in on this? I hate to not pull the trigger then later i find them for insane prices and want them bad. I will never pay $200 like that ebayer did that was crazy! I would not even pay $40. The $30 shipped with tax is a bit expensive for the collection of everything. If i had photos of someone in hand and not a company photo shots i could make up my mind. :>[/QUOTE]

Well I just ordered mine 3 day select. If you want send me a PM as a placeholder reminder and when I get the stuff Ill take a few pics for you and pm you the links to them on my photobucket page.

I was excited to see this thread earlier in the day, but after reading the replies and realizing the minimum order, I'm a little hesitant. I'll probably end up buying something tomorrow though :)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Mine was $6 for an order of both Collections...[/QUOTE]

Mine was around $10. I bought the collection 1 and the TNT candle, I'm into video game merch and this stuff seemed pretty cool. Kinda pricey, but who cares if it's something I want, and can put on display in my room. I was gonna buy the cards on ebay, but they were stlll ending at around $15-20, so this beats that.

i ended up getting the collector's pack 1 and a set of deluxe cards. the dynamite candle looks cool, but its "lifesize." It would take up too much room on my game shelf. Not the mention the wax will attract dust over time.

[quote name='gargus']Thanks for the linkage.

I got suckered. I got the dynamite, deluxe playing cards with dice and the soap.

Pricing was little odd though. Cost me just as much to buy both collector sets to get what I wanted and have doubles of the soap and a extra pack of regular playing cards as it was for me to get a collectors pack and the deluxe cards with no dice. Atleast the stuff wasnt to outrageously priced.

All in all 42 bucks after shipping and Ill give my best friend my extra soap and regular playing cards as a surprise.

Well I just ordered mine 3 day select. If you want send me a PM as a placeholder reminder and when I get the stuff Ill take a few pics for you and pm you the links to them on my photobucket page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks i will send a pm now.

I thought the dynomite was plastic but it is a candle? Wow now it makes me less want it now. The fact they attract dust over time will make it not last long enough for the price. The cards and dice i would want but min $20. If i get the candle i would most likely use it as a candle. :) I bet it looks cool burning! That would be something cool when people are over.

I ordered the deluxe cards and the extra card deck w/ dice. $27.00 shipped. Worth it for me, I love the game and this stuff is just darn cool.

Rockstar could have easily stuck all this stuff in a RDR collector's edition and I believe more people would have jumped on it. Personally, I think it's too much for mediocre items, especially perishable items like candles and soap.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Thanks i will send a pm now.

I thought the dynomite was plastic but it is a candle? Wow now it makes me less want it now. The fact they attract dust over time will make it not last long enough for the price. The cards and dice i would want but min $20. If i get the candle i would most likely use it as a candle. :) I bet it looks cool burning! That would be something cool when people are over.[/QUOTE]
What would be even funnier would be if you managed to remove the normal wick and wrap a fireworks fuse around it so it looks like a real block of TNT with the fuse when its burning.:D

I'm still annoyed by all of the stories on Kotaku and other sites of various Gamestop stores getting buttloads of all of these items in to give away at the midnight launches but that it was only at really specific stores.

Oh well. I have like 3 packs of the cards that I managed to get from Wally World, so I'm happy since none of this other stuff really looked worth it to me.

[quote name='arcane93']From the looks of it, it looks like it is the sleeve. Other than that, the cards in the pictures look identical.[/QUOTE]
It's one badass sleeve. It's better than getting two dice with a rockstar logo on them. I'm tempted to get the deluxe set with two replacement decks in case some cards were stolen or lost, but I don't want to pay thirty dollars for three decks of cards.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What would be even funnier would be if you managed to remove the normal wick and wrap a fireworks fuse around it so it looks like a real block of TNT with the fuse when its burning.:D

I'm still annoyed by all of the stories on Kotaku and other sites of various Gamestop stores getting buttloads of all of these items in to give away at the midnight launches but that it was only at really specific stores.

Oh well. I have like 3 packs of the cards that I managed to get from Wally World, so I'm happy since none of this other stuff really looked worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

That would rock! I would light that thing and post a video on youtube. :lol: You can maybe redo it again and again.

I went to gamestop cause i heard about the freebie stuff and they only had drinks and stuff. They told me a week before they were doing it at mine but did not. I was going to buy a 2nd copy if i had to for the swag. I would return one later since i only needed one. I wish i went with wally i heard they gave some away at a farther location.

[quote name='ookesseloo']plastic dynamite? that'd be cool if i was 7 and had some extra money from mowing my parent's yard.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I think the dynamite is a candle and thus is made of wax.:razz:

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Anyone else get an email saying it's on backorder?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got an email as well saying my order is backorder but that they are getting more stock in sometime this month or next. I ordered a few days after the stuff went live so I guess they had a lot of orders the first couple of days.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Rockstar could have easily stuck all this stuff in a RDR collector's edition and I believe more people would have jumped on it. Personally, I think it's too much for mediocre items, especially perishable items like candles and soap.[/QUOTE]

thank you for finally mentioning this... other than the dice and cards.. these items are eventually going to disappear if anyone actually enjoys them for their intended use. I don't know... I like the items for what they are and I'm a huge fan of the game, but again... a little too pricey to bite on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back