Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='seanr1221']Is there anyway to fast travel outside of setting up camp?[/QUOTE]

Stage coaches maybe? Haven't tried em yet but I thought that was why they have em everywhere

yeah stage coaches can fast travel to locations you've already visited

speaking of stage coaches, riding one with a friend in free roam and simultaneously shooting each horse in the head is maybe the most hilarious thing ever

Has anyone successfully found a treasure. I got a map last night that looked obvious by the Hanging Rock but spent 45 minutes wandering around without any success... are they just treasure boxes that I am looking for? I like that its not obvious, but 45 minutes was a lot of running in circles.

Yeah, I found that one, at least I think it was that one. It was actually at the big rock with the tree on it (Hanging Rock), between a couple of smaller rocks at the base.
It's not a chest that is out it the open, it's covered by a pile of smaller rocks, to make it blend in a little.

[quote name='seanr1221']Can anyone answer my question about if you die?[/QUOTE]

My experience has been if you die out in the wild, you return to the nearest safe house and have to re-do anything you were doing.
I was going after a bounty, and got killed. I restarted on MacFarlane Ranch and had to go back to the bounty's location and start over.

If you die on a mission, there is usually a quick save that you restart from, not a safe house.

:/ that's what I thought. I wish it was like GTA where they just send you to a doctor/safehouse and everything you've done is saved.

[quote name='jughead']On the mission where you get the lasso and they leave you out in the field of cacti to break the stallion? I had no problem with the weak horses but this thing is giving me trouble.

Do the regular horses just require you to use left and right on the left stick for balance? L,R,U,D for the stallions? If so; I'm gonna need someone to come over to my house after work and beat this shit for me.[/QUOTE]

I just used left and right and did it the first time. Wasn't anymore trouble than the ones from the previous mission.

Only thing that really bugs me about the game so far is holding the A button while riding to maintain speed. Horses don't have gas pedals or require you to squeeze them to keep going. Holding A just makes it a pain in the ass to aim from horseback.

[quote name='youbastards']Yeah, I found that one, at least I think it was that one. It was actually at the big rock with the tree on it (Hanging Rock), between a couple of smaller rocks at the base.
It's not a chest that is out it the open, it's covered by a pile of smaller rocks, to make it blend in a little.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... thanx. I guess I was too far away.. the sketch made it seem like it was across the trail in this identically oriented grouping... oh well.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I just used left and right and did it the first time. Wasn't anymore trouble than the ones from the previous mission.

Only thing that really bugs me about the game so far is holding the A button while riding to maintain speed. Horses don't have gas pedals or require you to squeeze them to keep going. Holding A just makes it a pain in the ass to aim from horseback.[/QUOTE]

I agree, once the horse is at the speed you want, you should only have to push the "accelerate" or "decelerate" buttons to adjust the speed...

[quote name='whiptcracker']I just used left and right and did it the first time. Wasn't anymore trouble than the ones from the previous mission.

Only thing that really bugs me about the game so far is holding the A button while riding to maintain speed. Horses don't have gas pedals or require you to squeeze them to keep going. Holding A just makes it a pain in the ass to aim from horseback.[/QUOTE]

100% agreed. most times i find myself accidentally stopping when taking aim on horseback and that usually ends up getting me killed. how fast the horse moves should have been related to how far you push the thumbstick forward imo

I'm going to have to go with my horse being a badass. I quit last night, so hopefully a new breed will be randomly generated this evening.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think lassoing a damn horse could be so much fun. I can't wait to start bounties now. I'm dragging everything I can get my hands on into town for the hell of it.

[quote name='Temidien']So I know several people have already asked about this but I'd like a little more info from those who have pulled it off:

In the Bonnie mission where she has you wrangle a horse, how exactly are you guys balancing with the right stick? When Marston leans left I push the stick right and hold it there (sometimes moving to center position a little in case the horse bucks left) and reverse as soon as I see Marston switch sides. After several hours of this, I'm still having no luck.

Is there a specific "flicking" motion you guys have used or do you just hold the stick in each direction (in before "that's what she said")? Does leaning forward or back have any effect?

From what I understand reading here (and my own experiences) the different breeds/colors vary in difficulty to wrangle. I've tried them all but which is the easiest to balance on?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]You mean that you are using the left stick (not right which is what you stated) to balance right? Otherwise, we have found your problem.

[quote name='faceturd']Has anyone successfully found a treasure. I got a map last night that looked obvious by the Hanging Rock but spent 45 minutes wandering around without any success... are they just treasure boxes that I am looking for? I like that its not obvious, but 45 minutes was a lot of running in circles.[/QUOTE]

I've found a few. Once you've got a general idea of where the spot is, you can just run around until the on-screen guide appears and tells you to press Y to investigate. None have been in chests so far.

[quote name='seanr1221']Is there a trick to horse shoes? It's not easy..[/QUOTE]

Watch your speed when pulling the thumbstick back and forward. If you go too fast, you'll mess up your horizontal aim.

[quote name='jughead']I'm going to have to go with my horse being a badass. I quit last night, so hopefully a new breed will be randomly generated this evening.[/QUOTE]

Considering I've had my horse stuck in a saloon, seen animal AI run in circles, and some other unusual glitches I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some glitch making the horse an untamable bastard. Hope quiting and going back fixes that.

One of the things that impresses me the most about the game is the random side stuff. Having a side mission turn into another side missions with options on how to complete it was great. I'm more interested in doing that stuff at the moment than playing another badass who for some reason has to do a bunch of chores for other people.

this autosave sucks ass. i help a guy and cleared an area. it autosaved. i died ten minutes later. i reloaded. and the guy i help.. needed my help.. plus the game loads your autosave i know this becuase i accidentally saved my wanted level autosave over MY save which had no bounty

i think im glitched right now. i cant save. i cant change outfits. i cant even ride a horse. and i cant get into any building (its daytime) i want to get some tobacco and i want to play some poker but the doors wont open (yet the icons are there)

[quote name='jdawgg76']You mean that you are using the left stick (not right which is what you stated) to balance right? Otherwise, we have found your problem.[/QUOTE]
lol, yeah, I've been getting my left/right confused all day :D

[quote name='jdawgg76']You mean that you are using the left stick (not right which is what you stated) to balance right? Otherwise, we have found your problem.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that was my problem! I went home at lunch, redid the mission, and bagged that stallion. I did the first part last night with the left stick and somehow, in my ride to Armadillo, totally forgot which stick to use.

I promptly jumped off a cliff with my new stallion shortly after. :wall:

[quote name='jughead']yup, that was my problem! I went home at lunch, redid the mission, and bagged that stallion. I did the first part last night with the left stick and somehow, in my ride to armadillo, totally forgot which stick to use.

I promptly jumped off a cliff with my new stallion shortly after. :wall:[/quote]

dead.

Damn filter. It was supposed to say DEAD.

I'm going to turn this game on in a minute, does anyone want to try and get the posse achievement and possibly some other free roam ones today as well? Send me a message!

Just got my GS $10 coupon for ordering this.. they really do last a while!

Order value must be at least $10. Excludes consoles. Any unused portion will be forfeited. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 4/28/20013.

[quote name='jughead']Yup, that was my problem! I went home at lunch, redid the mission, and bagged that stallion. I did the first part last night with the left stick and somehow, in my ride to Armadillo, totally forgot which stick to use.

I promptly jumped off a cliff with my new stallion shortly after. :wall:[/QUOTE]

lol I did the same thing. The game won't let you jump off cliffs when you're on a horse, but I was just trying to fast travel using the camp thing, but I dismounted near a cliff and my stallion fell off and I slid down right behind it >_>

Also ran into a weird glitch where a guy on a horse was stuck inside the ground with just he and the horses head sticking out, galloping as fast as it could but not really going anywhere.

Then I died trying to follow the tutorial for a duel. I hit LT like it said but then got shot and died while reading the next part.

[quote name='bs000']The game won't let you jump off cliffs when you're on a horse...[/QUOTE]

I died trying to swim too... Stirrups are heavy.

I sincerely hope they plan to balance out most of the weapons in MP. It seems like any modified pistol of any sort will guarantee easy kills from almost any range. I've lost count of how many times I've lost mid and close range gunfights with shotguns or had kids rush me down with revolvers WHILE I'm registering hits with rifles at a distance only to trade deaths at best. Mad annoying. I hate feeling forced into using one type of weapon or having to camp because of it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I sincerely hope they plan to balance out most of the weapons in MP. It seems like any modified pistol of any sort will guarantee easy kills from almost any range. I've lost count of how many times I've lost mid and close range gunfights with shotguns or had kids rush me down with revolvers WHILE I'm registering hits with rifles at a distance only to trade deaths at best. Mad annoying. I hate feeling forced into using one type of weapon or having to camp because of it.[/QUOTE]

so true, made me smh a lot yesterday
also the camping people do is insane, but multiplayer is fun so far :D

[quote name='Scorch']Just got my GS $10 coupon for ordering this.. they really do last a while![/QUOTE]

Yup, pretty much forever, assuming they honor the 20013 year.

Unfortunately, the coupons mostly suck with all the restrictions. At best, I'm hoping there will be some decent $10 games that I can get for free + $3 shipping (recently Afro Samurai and Spiderman: Friend or Foe were on special for that price).

Just got my lasso and my first bounty. Bounty missions are definitely the toughest missions so far in the game especially if you want to bring the bounty back alive.

I went to the hideout, killed 4 of the thugs and shot the bounty in the legs. I then lassoed him and hog tied him up and put him on the back of my horse. Once this happen his posse of 4-5 come up behind me and I had to run for cover where I had to kill all of them. I then get him on the back of my horse again and start riding into town. Once I am on the outskirts of Armadillo a couple of more of his posse get right behind me and are shooting at me. Once I am the town border, they run away. 160 bucks for a days work.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are the Rockstar code redemption servers and Social Club servers working yet?[/QUOTE]
I know that Social Club is running now.

I have a question for anyone who has gotten the Bollard Twins Outfit too. I've gotten all the scraps except for scrap 1 which says to search Thieves' Landing. I have searched all over the town and can't seem to find it.

[quote name='Sigma']I know that Social Club is running now.

I have a question for anyone who has gotten the Bollard Twins Outfit too. I've gotten all the scraps except for scrap 1 which says to search Thieves' Landing. I have searched all over the town and can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]
It's on the top floor of one of the buildings that is in the shipping yard which is right at the beginning of the Thieves' Landing area. You have to open a chest to get it.

[quote name='wwe101']anyway to make the slo mo last longer? it seems like it always only last 10 seconds for me[/QUOTE]

Get headshots, use the chewing tobacco and snake oil.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are the Rockstar code redemption servers and Social Club servers working yet?[/QUOTE]

I was able to successfully redeem my Golden Guns code last night at around 10PM PST.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I sincerely hope they plan to balance out most of the weapons in MP. It seems like any modified pistol of any sort will guarantee easy kills from almost any range. I've lost count of how many times I've lost mid and close range gunfights with shotguns or had kids rush me down with revolvers WHILE I'm registering hits with rifles at a distance only to trade deaths at best. Mad annoying. I hate feeling forced into using one type of weapon or having to camp because of it.[/QUOTE]

Srsly, most of the pistols and the semi-auto shotgun fucking destroy.

bounty missions are so easy. kill 4 guys. lasso last guy.. take him back and shoot people who come near.

the hard missions are those damn random help ones, "oh sure lady I'll help you from those wolfs. oops. i shot you instead."

The hardest random "mission" I've had was trying to save a guy from two mountain lions. As soon as I realized just how much shotgun shells it took on horseback to kill one of them I let the other eat in peace but still got 50+ honor for it. You couldn't pay me enough to get within three feet of one let alone a pack again without Dead Eye meter. I'm just thankful they were more concerned with killing him than attacking me for hammering them from behind in the first place.

The random missions are great. I just had a woman off the road with a broken carriage asking me for help. I get off my horse and get raided by a bunch of thugs because it was a setup.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.'] I'm just thankful they were more concerned with killing him than attacking me for hammering them from behind in the first place.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Saved my game. Accidentally loaded it back up. Game sets me out in the wilderness and I see my first skunk. Chase after it for 3 seconds and I get bite by a rattlesnake. I never found the skunk but I skinned the bastard that bit me. So 5 seconds after loading the game back up I found my first skunk and my first rattlesnake.

I've encountered two people being attacked by wolves and I haven't been able to save either. 5 finger fillet isn't bad until you get to the last guy. I'm sure I'll get it with more practice.

Has anyone unlocked the other avatar items? I got the sombrero but that's it.

bread's done
Back