Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare $19.99 @ Amazon (Xbox 360 ONLY)

[quote name='TheBomb69']Why would I get this instead of paying 800 points for Zombies? I'm dumb so be gentle.[/QUOTE]
You can't sell DLC?

[quote name='TheBomb69']Why would I get this instead of paying 800 points for Zombies? I'm dumb so be gentle.[/QUOTE]

It includes all the DLC from Red Dead. Undead Nightmare and the other 2 DLC, altogether are 2400 MS Points.

So is Undead Nightmare a separate thing from RDR, or does the disc for RDR need to be inside the xbox when playing? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but I read another post yesterday that made it sound like Undead Nightmare was a stand-alone thing, kind of like EFLC is to GTAIV.

[quote name='wafflepacman']So is Undead Nightmare a separate thing from RDR, or does the disc for RDR need to be inside the xbox when playing? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but I read another post yesterday that made it sound like Undead Nightmare was a stand-alone thing, kind of like EFLC is to GTAIV.[/QUOTE]

You don't need RDR if you buy the disc. You do need RDR if you buy the DLC on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

also, this is a stand alone game, meaning, and correct me if i'm wrong, but you do not need the original red dead redemption game to play it.

Is the DLC stand alone? if it is, somebody please tell me, i will download it now.

I believe this disc gives you access to the Undead Nightmare single player DLC, and the full suite of multiplayer from the disc (free-roam and gametypes) along with any multiplayer DLC that has been released that added to free-roam and the co-op modes.

What this lacks is the single player from the regulare release of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']You don't need RDR if you buy the disc. You do need RDR if you buy the DLC on the Xbox Live Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, in for one. Thanks for answering :)

[quote name='ryanhaggan']also, this is a stand alone game, meaning, and correct me if i'm wrong, but you do not need the original red dead redemption game to play it.

Is the DLC stand alone? if it is, somebody please tell me, i will download it now.[/QUOTE]

DLC requires the regular release of RDR. This is basically Undead Nightmare + the full Multiplayer experience.

[quote name='kellte2']I believe this disc gives you access to the Undead Nightmare single player DLC, and the full suite of multiplayer from the disc (free-roam and gametypes) along with any multiplayer DLC that has been released that added to free-roam and the co-op modes.

What this lacks is the single player from the regulare release of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. The only single player aspect on the Undead Nightmare disc is Undead Nightmare. But, it does take place across the entire world of RDR. The other 2 DLC content that it includes new local multiplayer, and online multiplayer add ons. Hope that answered your question.

That's nice that Amazon PM'd for 360...but I hope they PM PS3 as well as Best Buy has it for $19.99 for both. Not to mention you can use a coupon for an extra 10% off.

Come on Amazon...show your loyal PS3 customers some love!

To answer most people's question, again, lol.

Undead Nightmare Disc = Don't Need RDR Disc

Undead Nightmare DLC from Marketplace = Need RDR Disc

I dont have red dead redemption but i am planning on buying it. is this a good deal to buy in bestbuy? or is it better if i just download it as a DLC? are there other DLC that come with this or a pack of all of them put together?
and where is the 10% BB coupon mentioned above if you dont mind sharing.
thank you.

[quote name='blkjckss']I just sent them a link to it and they price matched it that fast.[/QUOTE]

I submitted a request for the PS3 version, for a price match.

Hopefully we'll see it drop :)

[quote name='Robb']To be delivered Wednesday! And I used my Black Ops pre-order bonus, so it was free!![/QUOTE]
Damn. I had used my BO credit on a set of X41's when they were on sale for $41.99. 1 of the best purchases I have ever made. I love those things.

[quote name='Robb']To be delivered Wednesday! And I used my Black Ops pre-order bonus, so it was free!![/QUOTE]

If you think this game is free, you should remember you paid $60 (retail price) for Black Ops.

[quote name='thresherhorn']I submitted a request for the PS3 version, for a price match.

Hopefully we'll see it drop :)[/QUOTE]

:applause:I hope so also.

I read through both pages, and some of the responses aren't that clear.....so I get this is a standalone disc, which means you dont need to the original Red Dead redemption in order to play. My understanding is this disc will allow you to play the complete Undead dlc (single player and multiplayer)? as well as the entire Mutliplayer component from the original red dead via the other dlc? So basically the only difference of buying red dead itself with all the dlc from xbox live would be the single player campaign/achievements?

[quote name='youenvy']^^^^

%10 coupon link

got it from token-in the best buy red dead topic- http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=278589[/QUOTE]

thank you.

Does anybody know if this is a deal worth getting if i donw own red dead redemption but i am planing on buying it? will this be available for DLC for cheaper and more DL content? or does this expansion have every single download content?

[quote name='jdb230']I read through both pages, and some of the responses aren't that clear.....so I get this is a standalone disc, which means you dont need to the original Red Dead redemption in order to play. My understanding is this disc will allow you to play the complete Undead dlc (single player and multiplayer)? as well as the entire Mutliplayer component from the original red dead via the other dlc? So basically the only difference of buying red dead itself with all the dlc from xbox live would be the single player campaign/achievements?[/QUOTE]
http://support.rockstargames.com/help/rockstar_games/rdr_un_discversion
Question

Do I need the original Red Dead Redemption game to play the retail disc version of Undead Nightmare? What content is included on this disc? Can I play with/against my friends who own the disc version of Red Dead Redemption?

Answer

The disc version of Undead Nightmare is a stand-alone game and can be played without owning the original Red Dead Redemption disc. It includes the following content:
  • Undead Nightmare Pack (Single Player campaign and multiplayer modes)
  • Liars and Cheats Pack
  • Legends and Killers Pack
  • Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack
  • All Multiplayer Free Roam modes to date
Players with the Undead Nightmare disc can play with players who own the original Red Dead Redemption disc, as well as with other players on Undead Nightmare.

If and only if the DLC pack came with the original game... I myself who did not even play the original would buy this. Can anyone confirm that the original story is not in this $20 cd?

it's very obvious that the ORIGINAL RDR is not included in the disc for Undead Nightmare.

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']If and only if the DLC pack came with the original game... I myself who did not even play the original would buy this. Can anyone confirm that the original story is not in this $20 cd?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']That's nice that Amazon PM'd for 360...but I hope they PM PS3 as well as Best Buy has it for $19.99 for both. Not to mention you can use a coupon for an extra 10% off.

Come on Amazon...show your loyal PS3 customers some love![/QUOTE]

That 10% off coupon would get cancelled out with sales tax.

[quote name='aj slick']That 10% off coupon would get cancelled out with sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Yes...which would then leave a person still paying just under $20 for the PS3 version, which is a lot better than Amazon's current $29.92.

Ok, so if I'm not really interested in the multiplayer should I even consider this or just download the single player expansion? Also, will this be the definitive collection of DLC or are there more planned?

Since Amazon is turning their back on this deal for PS3, I went to Best Buy and got it cheaper anyways while I was out this afternoon. I thought the single player of RDR was all sorts of dull, but this Undead SP looks pretty fun. I'm sure I can play it for a couple of weeks and sell it for at least what I paid for it.....sweet.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Since Amazon is turning their back on this deal for PS3, I went to Best Buy and got it cheaper anyways while I was out this afternoon. I thought the single player of RDR was all sorts of dull, but this Undead SP looks pretty fun. I'm sure I can play it for a couple of weeks and sell it for at least what I paid for it.....sweet.[/QUOTE]

Same here, gave up too...and guess what?

Right after deciding to go to Best Buy instead, I thought to myself, "Don't I have BB gift cards somewhere?"

And I did...$165 worth of BB gift cards I stashed away last year to save that I almost forgot about. lol

I also noticed that BB has MOH for $34.99, so I canceled my MOH and R&C: CiT order on Amazon...no point spending $50 cash out of my own pocket. Don't know if I'll still get MOH...kind of reluctant really after watching quite a few videos after I had placed my order. Thankfully Amazon took too long to ship...which was good for me. :)

Off to Best Buy I go...

Almost jumped on this, then realized that only the Undead Nightmare pack is a single-player experience. As my husband doesn't play multiplayer on this game, it would be silly for me to buy this and not buy the 800 point Undead Nightmare DLC.

[quote name='Dwapook']Do I get anything special in regular RDR singleplayer if I get the DLC instead of the stand alone disc?[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957922-red-dead-redemption/57278591

According to the link above, some commenters are mentioning the retail version of UN does not allow you to take the new weapons back into RDR's campaign, while the dlc version of UN does grant you that ability.

Not sure how big of a deal that is to anyone here. Just thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Almost jumped on this, then realized that only the Undead Nightmare pack is a single-player experience. As my husband doesn't play multiplayer on this game, it would be silly for me to buy this and not buy the 800 point Undead Nightmare DLC.[/QUOTE]

your husband has the disc of original red dead right? For the 800pt dlc you'll need the original disc to play it. Just making sure.

[quote name='fenixrisingxl']http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957922-red-dead-redemption/57278591

According to the link above, some commenters are mentioning the retail version of UN does not allow you to take the new weapons back into RDR's campaign, while the dlc version of UN does grant you that ability.

Not sure how big of a deal that is to anyone here. Just thought I'd mention it.[/QUOTE]I hope that Rockstar has a patch coming to fix that issue. Seems like a rather big oversight in this situation.

Think I might just pick this up as I have no big interest in RDR. Does anyone know if this game is counted as a whole separate game for achievements or just counted as Red Dead itself?

bread's done
Back