Red Faction: Guerrilla - Gen. Discussion & Info

I played the demo quickly before coming to work today. Very smooth, very fun. I just need to get the control scheme down and I should be fine. I've got it queued up in my GameFly for now.

wish they had maybe another map instead of radial .. but still good stuff. the fleetfoot pack on that map is just ridiculous. ramping a ledge / timing a jump and landing on someone while meleeing with a sledge just looks so effing tight.,

im not doggin on this game but why has the geo-mod been obsoleted/inferiored to just a pathetic building destroyer.

the "first" one (which was on a last gen console) had the ability to destroy the ground "dirt"

Also having two maps was nice too, having just one might of ruined the demo a bit (replaying it over and over). The game is SUPER smooth no slow down what-so-ever no matter what you're doing and the whole Mars atmosphere is great too.

felt like 3 maps.

the demo was pretty smooth and watching things blow up/fall over was fun. I am not liking the sledgehammer at all though. a guy should not be able to kill me with one hammer blow FROM EIGHT human feet away

That sounds like lag, I've never been killed that far back with a hammer. Speaking of hammers what's the difference between the two in the multiplayer demo besides cosmetics?

This game is definitely addictive and insanely fun. I loved the terrain deformation of the first two but I can't say I miss it. I'm still having fun planting det packs on key structure spots then watching it crumble from up in the air with my jetpack. Taking out a wall or tower with a sniper set up top is awesome too.

Oh wow, hadn't noticed a multiplayer demo. Going to check it out now, thought it was only singleplayer.

Apparently reviewers are liking the crap out of this game: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/redfactionguerrilla

EDIT: After having gone through 2 rounds of the game, I can't say I enjoyed it that much. Singleplayer seemed a lot more fun, I was hoping the cover system would have worked well in multiplayer but it's very run-and-gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't even interested in this game based on the beta from months ago, but this new demo is something else. You guys need to definitely give it a go.

why does there appear to be little buzz going for this game? its coming out in a week.

Because it has the unfortunate luck to be the open world game coming out between Infamous and Prototype.

[quote name='help1']Is the multiplayer demo significantly better than the beta?[/QUOTE]

I'd say yes, give it a try. There's a lot more weapons and backpacks, but only one mode and a handful of maps. It also seems a lot smoother and less buggy.

Still 50/50 about picking it up on release this Friday, just I reckon it'll go down in price fairly quickly after release.

I really like the distructable environment, but the weapons in the demo sucked. Will there be a lot of other weapons to use?

Saw RF:Guerilla at the store today on my way to get inFAMOUS. I had fun with the demo...but in that silly kinda kids with action figures way. Especially riding in the robot. Swinging those arms like windmill blades.

im in the second area. its fun, though i die a lot. the destructible buildings take the firefights in a cool direction. i find myself thinking differently in firefights knowing i can make my own doors and destroy cover.

I played a little single player and multipayer last night with no prior experience to the demo or previous Red Faction games (I added it to my Gamefly queue based on reviews and buzz). The multiplayer was neat. I'm not sure how well it will hold up over time, but it seems like it will be worth playing for awhile. I loved the single player. It's unique enough to retain my interest and they absolutely nailed the ambient music. I don't know exactly why, but I actually felt like I was on Mars. It was weird how emotionally I was invested in the environment without being able to identify the reason.

I'm great at the multiplayer. It just my teammates seem to suck, which gets annoying.

Single player is alright.

I've been having fun with the multiplayer, except for the fact that nobody seems to talk in the game (which is surprising on the 360).

If anyone is up for some destruction tonight, send me a friend request and we can set up a party.

Yeah, multiplayer is a little disappointing, as well as the single player campaign.
It's fun, but I expected more I guess.

I have been so tempted to buy this right now because I love the MP Demo .. but I feel it will drop sooner than later, so that helps me justify not running out to get it right this moment.

.. that, and I'm brokkkkke.

There's so much amazing "fail!"/win in this game..

Watched a friend play it earlier today. He goes and takes out a streetlight's support, only to have the streetlight crashing down on top of him and he dies.

In a building, taking out supports, I hear the metal start to creak. I run towards the door. A steel beam falls down and hits me on the head, knocking me down, but it doesn't kill me.. unfortunately, the building falling on top of me before I could get up did the trick.

Ha, and I blew up two ends of a pipe that was over a road and the pipe fell down and blocked traffic.. until one crazy miner sped his truck through it.

I can't wait for some crazy YouTube videos to pop up.

Just rented the game tonight and just have been ignoring the story and playing around with bringing buildings down. The best thing is when something happens that you didn't anticipate. Like maybe some gas canisters were next to some explosives you set and then boom all hell breaks loose. Love the destructibility in it and can't wait to get some more time to play.

I did get a chance to play some multiplayer but had mixed opinions. No real strategy just running around smacking each other for the most part. Maybe with more xp and familiarity with the maps things will be a little more fun?

I got my Amazon preorder bonus today which turned out to be just an in-game code that, from what I understand, I can't even use unless I start a new game. I had figured that the Golden Hammer would be DLC. Kinda silly that this preorder bonus is just something anyone that goes to gamefaqs.com can get.

I got the figure guy from best buy, only I cant figure out how to get it. I am assuming that they will mail it when it shows up that I purchased it but I saw on the site it takes 4-6 weeks to ship, wtf

This game is awesome. It has its moments of frustration due to wonky bugs though. I died from a piece of debris falling on me before.

I havent touched any of the ores yet because it would be hard to keep track of them. I found like 31 in Parker so far, no idea how many are actually in there though.

in the same game where one man can smash walls with nothing but a hammer, a piece of debris shouldnt kill me in one hit

I'm playing this game every night on the xbox and want to play some multiplayer with a group of people. No one on my friends list has this. gt: karmafeed

The buildings/debris have never killed me in one hit. They just knock me down, and if multiple things continue to hit me, then my power drains accordingly.
I never died from one small hit or debris in the game and I have had multiple buildings fall on me. :p

My motherboard died...
Someone crashed into my car...
The plumbing is backing up again...

But I got RF:G for $36 off Amazon mother fuckers!

Add me. Let's smash some shit!

This game was unbelievable. I had played the single-player demo so I just jumped into multiplayer when I had started it up.

It was full of action, the backpacks make it very unique, and the feeling when you smash a guy with a hammer...priceless :D. This was worth 60 dollars, but getting it for 39.99 through newegg 2 weeks after launch makes it one of my best deals of the year

[quote name='segaplayer']This game was unbelievable. I had played the single-player demo so I just jumped into multiplayer when I had started it up.

It was full of action, the backpacks make it very unique, and the feeling when you smash a guy with a hammer...priceless :D. This was worth 60 dollars, but getting it for 39.99 through newegg 2 weeks after launch makes it one of my best deals of the year[/QUOTE]
Yeah man. Add me on XBL. It's Hammah time.

This game is very good. I played the beta way back, and wasn't extremely impressed. It didn't feel like any of the other Red Faction games, because it isn't anything like them. But after having intensively played campaign mode in the retail version, I feel that this game is just as good as the original Red Faction. The multiplayer seems to be almost the same as the beta, except with more weapons/maps obviously. I think that the graphics are better too, but I don't have a means to directly compare the two.

Anyways, I paid $80 for two copies of this game (one for friend and one for myself), and I feel that it was money well spent. While I don't consider this game to be GOTY material, it certainly is a candidate for being the the game of the summer. Plus it can be had for ~$40, so it is worth the price of admission.

I got this game over the weekend in the B2G1 and I am enjoying it so far. I was a huge fan of the first two titles for PS2 and was a little bit wary of the series's switch to 3rd person but it does work quite well.

bread's done
Back