Red Hulk an Xbox 360 Exclusive at Gamestop

banodyne

CAGiversary!
For The Incredible Hulk movie based game, Gamestop announced that Red Hulk will be an exclusive playable character only for the Xbox 360 if you pre-order the game from them. (Red Hulk's the new bad guy in current Hulk comics.) Check out the article for details.

Do you think this will be an open code that everyone will share on the net, or a unique 5x5 code, or a limited run disc?

The GS/EB website makes it sound like its on the disk already. "the Red Hulk is immediately available for use"

GameStop Exclusive Xbox 360 Version Featuring the Red Hulk!

Comic book fans know that the mysterious Red Hulk has recently been smashing up the Marvel Universe – and only GameStop has your chance to play as him in The Incredible Hulk!
Available in GameStop’s exclusive Xbox 360 version, the Red Hulk is immediately available for use (unlike other hidden playable characters, artwork and movies that must be unlocked through gameplay). Rather than simply change the color of the game’s green Hulk in-game model, developer Edge of Reality has created an entirely new in-game model for Red Hulk, with facial features and hair all straight from the pages of Marvel’s latest comics.
And he’s only available at GameStop!
  • Relentless Devastation. Unleashing the Hulk’s anger generates Rage points that increase his incredible power.
  • Complete Destruction. Everything in the environment can be used as a weapon.
  • Open World. Players have total freedom to play any way they want as they move and fight effortlessly throughout the massive city.

I hope its a code. I don't want to have to pre-order the game to get the character since I am going to be waiting on the game until I see a review or two.

Most likely a code just like Lego Star Wars complete Saga which I bought from Gamestop at full price to get the so called "exclusive" R2-Q5 which I found out after paying full price at Gamestop that it was JUST a unlockable code !!!!!!! and not part of the game discs that Gamestop was selling !!

I am figuring Red Hulk will be the same way ! Gamestop already tricked me once ! No more !

As far as waiting for the reviews for this game, My kids and I have both the other hulk games and they are a blast ! From the trailers on this one, looks like more of the same except better graphics and more crushing power and destruction ! lol..

Definitely going to get it unlike the other Sega/Marvel superhero game Ironman which I heard stinks.(game that is, movie supposedly is awesome!)

Xfactor

I remember this happening for Fantastic Four, don't remember if it was for the first or second game. Target supposedly had 2 extra levels that were exclusive to their store. I called the company, I think it was Activision, and they verified that the levels were made for the Target copies. I didn't buy the game to find out for sure cuz when I bought Mario Golf for the GameCube, it said on the cover there was a Target exclusive course or something which ended being unlockable on other retail copies. The exclusive course was a contest, if I remember correctly. Very misleading.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Most likely a code just like Lego Star Wars complete Saga which I bought from Gamestop at full price to get the so called "exclusive" R2-Q5 which I found out after paying full price at Gamestop that it was JUST a unlockable code !!!!!!! and not part of the game discs that Gamestop was selling !![/quote]
Was that a unique code, one use only, or was it one that anyone could enter?

It really isnt hard to make it DLC. Games like Lost Odyseey has DLC as preoder bonus. Monster Maddness has store exclusive DLC.

[quote name='Darth Mallrat']Awesome that Red Hulk will be in the game though. I'm loving that story so far.[/quote]

Wow, I believe you are the only person I have ever heard say that.

[quote name='joshnorm']Wow, I believe you are the only person I have ever heard say that.[/quote]
I agree...A-Bomb? Really?

[quote name='banodyne']Was that a unique code, one use only, or was it one that anyone could enter?[/quote]

It was a NON UNIQUE code that ANYONE could enter and NOT ONE USE ONLY. I was totally fooled thinking that ONLY the Gamestop version of the game had the EVIL R2 and ONLY the Gamestop version had force grapple leap for jedis AND also blaster characters.

I later found it was posted all over the web on cheat sites. Buyer beware.

Xfactor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Excerpt below from the web)

Picked up the Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga yesterday at Best Buy. Pretty fun game so far, only have played a few of the chapters in story mode and free for all mode.

In the cantina there is an area for entering in codes to get "things", which could be items characters, hints, etc. In the manual it states that you won't find them in the game but will have to search for them elsewhere. So with a bit of google'n I found a few codes.

Some of the codes are for the xbox or playstation previous versions of the games but the sites I culled this info from didn't explicitly state that they would or would not work for the wii version. Also the codes dont mess with achievements, you still have to purchase the character from the cantina after it is unlocked. The codes just makes them available to purchase. I've included the "store exclusive" codes as well.

So with out further ado here is a start of the codes for Lego Star Wars The complete Saga:

Exclusive Store Codes
EVILR2 = r2-q5 droid (game stop exclusive code)
CLZ738 = Force Grapple Leap (game stop exclusive code)
HUT845 = Imperial Shuttle (toy r us exclusive code)
PMN576 = General Grevious (toy r us exclusive code)
HHY697 = Boss Nass (target exclusive code)
INT729 = Tie Interceptor (target exclusive code)
QRN714 = Captain Tarpals (best buy exclusive code)
AAB123 = Droid Tri-Fighter (best buy exclusive code)
GIJ989 - IG-88 (fry's electronics exclusive code)
BRJ437 - Disguise (fry's electronics exclusive code)

[quote name='joshnorm']Wow, I believe you are the only person I have ever heard say that.[/quote]

omg really? Like no way. You're such a clever one. Do you feel cool on the interweb now? Try harder, scrub.

[quote name='Darth Mallrat']omg really? Like no way. You're such a clever one. Do you feel cool on the interweb now? Try harder, scrub.[/QUOTE]

That's not much of a retort, dude. He said nothing unclever - he just pointed out that the storyline is [apparently] unpopular.

Uh, is this just a palette swap ala Mortal Kombat?

I can see it now, "Buy Mortal Kombat at Gamestop for exclusive Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, and Rain characters!"

[quote name='eastx']That's not much of a retort, dude. He said nothing unclever - he just pointed out that the storyline is [apparently] unpopular.[/quote]

Sounded like sarcasm to me. I don't live on the internet like some people, so I don't know the exact statistics, but most people I know or have talked to like it. If he wasn't then my bad, but why do you care anyway, are you his boyfriend?

red hulk is it? smells like a gimmick to me. unless this character has an extra set of moves or unique control scheme, this isn't likely to be much more than a throw in costume or skin.

BTW looking at a few screens from the game as well as the publishers description, didn't they make this game already for the original xbox?

edit: the game was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and this looks eerily similar with the exception of an apparent graphical overhaul. from what i remember, that gameplay was ok as there was nothing strikingly wrong with it IMO. though it did get repetitive after a few levels and there were too many pointless side missions that had nothing to do with the plot and detracted from the fun. too many of these open world superheroe games share this mark (in particular the spiderman series come to mind)

The Army of Two GS exclusive code was unique and one time use. I made the mistake of not pre-ordering it there because I also thought it was going to be non-unique and just a generic code.

Luckily, I called them and asked if they had extras and the person who answered was very nice and she gave me a code over the phone.

[quote name='latinsword']BTW looking at a few screens from the game as well as the publishers description, didn't they make this game already for the original xbox?[/quote]
Which would be fine with me since The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was one of my favorite comic book based games. I actually spoke with one of the game's producers and they said that's what they were aiming for - a spiritual successor to that game.

My only problem with side quests in games like this is that I prefer they have some sort of little story to it. Like instead of just asking how fast Hulk can reach the top of a building why not say there was a jumper or kitten or something that needed saving.

[quote name='2Fast']So... he's the Hulk, but red![/quote]
"Rather than simply change the color of the game’s green Hulk in-game model, developer Edge of Reality has created an entirely new in-game model for Red Hulk, with facial features and hair all straight from the pages of Marvel’s latest comics."

In the comic, he's smart, uses a gun and is a commie who misses the old U.S.S.R. days. Red Hulk, get it? Oh that Jeph Loeb. He's such a witty writer.

Gamestop website seems to say that Sega developed a whole new in game model for the red hulk and not just a color swap ?!

Available in GameStop’s exclusive Xbox 360 version, the Red Hulk is immediately available for use (unlike other hidden playable characters, artwork and movies that must be unlocked through gameplay). Rather than simply change the color of the game’s green Hulk in-game model, developer Edge of Reality has created an entirely new in-game model for Red Hulk, with facial features and hair all straight from the pages of Marvel’s latest comics.

Hmmmm ?!?!?!? Code or not code ? That is the question... The term 'immediately available' seems to make me think other people will be able to unlock red hulk through progress in the game or with a cheat code.

Xfactor

There are photos of the Red Hulk on the 360 game's product page. The character model looks clearly different from the neck up, but the same from the neck down.

So it's more of a "Mileena:Kitana" conversion than "Sub-Zero:Scorpion" one.

360 only, though. Huh.

Hell Yeah! The Red Hulk is pretty cool. But the I want to know, who is he????? I know Rick Jones has something to do with it. He may be the new Abomination or the Red Hulk.

From the email I got, it does make it seem like its an in-game no code:
61924513dm9.png

First off, I'm amazed, given the apparent emphasis on the graphics, that there is a Wii version.

Second, Bowser.

'Nuff said.

[quote name='LeafPanda']It would be cool, if the Wii and PS3 also got other hulks.[/QUOTE]

No, what would be cool is if game developers did not offer exclusive fucking things that are disc-based.

The way I read this, only the 360 version *that you buy at GS* has this - not as a code, but on the disc. IOW, any other store you buy the 360 version at will NOT have it. It will be, in effect, a different disc.

That's a horrible thing and a lousy precedent.

"was elusive when asked about downloadable characters for the upcoming videogame based on The Incredible Hulk movie "

" Red Huk character immediately, something that other players will not be able to experience, "

It almost seems as though he will be available for DL later on, probably similar to the Limited Edition version of Spiderman 3 and the New Goblin. It was a unique DL code and then later on they made it DLC

Either way that game was one I was going to wait to hit the clearance bin, but heres to hoping its just a general code everyone can use.

Ultimate Destruction was an awesome game. But I'm not buying any movie based game without reading a couple of reviews first or playing a demo.

I vividly recall a similar promotion for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 360, where you got the "exclusive" Silver Surfer character only if you pre-ordered from Gamestop. Of course it was a cheat code writtten on a cardboard card they gave you at launch. Usable on any disc from any store and of course you can unlock him without a code too.

This reeks of that.

[quote name='yukafls']Hell Yeah! The Red Hulk is pretty cool. But the I want to know, who is he????? I know Rick Jones has something to do with it. He may be the new Abomination or the Red Hulk.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the red Hulk is Rick and called himself A-Bomb or something o.o

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I thought that the red Hulk is Rick and called himself A-Bomb or something o.o[/quote]

Well in Red Hulk #3, when the Red Hulk was gonna kill Bruce B., it showed someone walking up behind the Red Hulk and then turned into the Abomination. So, Its pretty much up in the air but my bets is the R Hulk is not Rick Jones.

[quote name='Bavgate']Rick Jones is the new Abomination, aka A-Bomb. The Red Hulk is anyone's guess. Could be Doc Samson, but I doubt it.[/quote]

Yeah, I knew it:D

Gamestop's add mentions nothing about having to preorder the game to get the code. It seems to me that the Red Hulk is on the Disks made for Gamestop exclusively. Just a guess though.

WWH > Red Hulk.

I love how Marvel pretends that WWH never happened. Why is New York not in ruins? Why did Banner get out so easily after that stunt? Both weak and lame.

[quote name='Theduck']Gamestop's add mentions nothing about having to preorder the game to get the code. It seems to me that the Red Hulk is on the Disks made for Gamestop exclusively. Just a guess though.

WWH > Red Hulk.

I love how Marvel pretends that WWH never happened. Why is New York not in ruins? Why did Banner get out so easily after that stunt? Both weak and lame.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with that.

[quote name='yukafls']Yeah, I agree with that.[/QUOTE]

Double agree on the WWH hulk thing. For someone who followed Planet Hulk then the dissapointing WWH (story wise, the fights were great) its sad how it is ignored. I would have thought they would have made the Skrulls attack while earth was distracted cleaning up WWH and the new alien bug population. But hey, who cares about continuity at marvel. *Grumble Grumble* Brand New Day *Grumble Grumble*

On a game note, it will be a code, you don't model a new face for one company and then burn a tiny quantity of discs for one retailer.

Now if this game is anywhere as good as Ultimate Destruction I am so buying it. UD was great.

[quote name='Theduck']Gamestop's add mentions nothing about having to preorder the game to get the code. It seems to me that the Red Hulk is on the Disks made for Gamestop exclusively. Just a guess though.

WWH > Red Hulk.

I love how Marvel pretends that WWH never happened. Why is New York not in ruins? Why did Banner get out so easily after that stunt? Both weak and lame.[/quote]
Well, Marvel has lots of events/side stories and in the end there are just not real.

meh, too hard to tell if this is unique or not. i'm gonna pass cuz i dont have high hopes for this game.

bread's done
Back