Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops or which ones you've grabbed to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Furthermore, I would like to thank our Wiki editors HeatDolphin and Rocko for updating the Wiki. Great job.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trading Clearinghouse(old one, locked now):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

Guide Lists(master drop lists and recent drops):

Master Drop List(by store, alphabetically):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28master_lists%29

Recent Guide Drops(by date,also check the second post in this thread):
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Category:Strategy_Guides_%28recent_drops%29

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50515&highlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167157

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
BookPool
CircuitCity
Gamestop
Overstock
StrategyGuides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinavere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n00bie']I got alot at my Best Buy today:

Fable II LE x6 (looks like 3 might be claimed)
Assassin's Creed x4 (one may be claimed)
Soul Calibur IV LE x6
360 Achievements Guide x4
Dragon Quest IV x4
Too Human x4
Super Mario Galaxy Hardcover x2 (looks like both may be claimed)
Twilight Princess Hardcover x2
Fire Emblem x4
Civilization Revolution x2 (1 may be claimed)
Hellboy x1 (may be claimed)
Final Fantasy IV x4 (1 may be claimed)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 x3
Final Fantasy Tactic WOTL x2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core x2
Tales of Vesperia x5 (2 may be claimed)
Via Pinata TIP x5
WoW Beastiary x4
WoW BC x2
[/quote]

Wow.. I was so pumped up after seeing your haul that I rushed to my local Best Buy with the pennied list. Unfortunately, they did not have any of them, and I walked out empty handed probably in large part due to HOARDERS like yourself.:bomb: Oh well, guess its my fault too for being so late to the party but....

Fable LE x 6 ?!
Tales of Vesperia x 5 ?!
SC LE x 6 ?!

Any know if there will be deals on the Street Fighter IV guide?

If BB has a bundle (Game and Guide) on 2/17 I might pull the trigger and get it. If not I will wait till SF IV drops in price.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Wow.. I was so pumped up after seeing your haul that I rushed to my local Best Buy with the pennied list. Unfortunately, they did not have any of them, and I walked out empty handed probably in large part due to HOARDERS like yourself.:bomb: Oh well, guess its my fault too for being so late to the party but....

Fable LE x 6 ?!
Tales of Vesperia x 5 ?!
SC LE x 6 ?![/QUOTE]

Lol. I got them to trade. I'm so sure we went to the same Best Buy. I left a ton of guides at my Best Buy. Keep the name calling to yourself.

Oh and if it makes you feel better, I actually got 7 Fable LE's and 7 SC LE's. My friend wanted a couple.

[quote name='lawdood']Better yet, why don't you list them where they belong...in the TRADING forum.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'll keep them here for now, so you can refer to them when you feel like being sarcastic.

[quote name='Josef']You're talking about penny guides here, not some video game system or rare game. With low feedback you should at least ship at the same time as the person trading with you.[/QUOTE]

Just the way I am. Nobody is forcing you to deal with me. I should have kept my mouth shut about the guides. I am already being called a hoarder and someone is trying to make me look stupid for posting what I have in this thread.

[quote name='n00bie']Lol. I got them to trade. I'm so sure we went to the same Best Buy. I left a ton of guides at my Best Buy. Keep the name calling to yourself.

Oh and if it makes you feel better, I actually got 7 Fable LE's and 7 SC LE's. My friend wanted a couple.[/quote]

You're just a greedy hoarder. If the shoe fits, wear it. Look in the mirror and say to yourself slowly, "I am a greedy hoarder" :booty:"DE" "NILE" ain't just a river in Egypt !

[quote name='n00bie'][quote name='lawdood']Better yet, why don't you list them where they belong...in the TRADING forum.[/quote]Nah, I'll keep them here for now, so you can refer to them when you feel like being sarcastic.[/quote]

You make no sense on this one ! Sarcastic ?! You really are a "Noobie".

FROM THE OP :

[quote name='n00bie']Just the way I am. Nobody is forcing you to deal with me. I should have kept my mouth shut about the guides. I am already being called a hoarder and someone is trying to make me look stupid for posting what I have in this thread.[/quote]

LOL.. You don't seem to need any help on that one ace. :D Step down off your high horse and take your guide trades and other BOASTING over to the guide trade forum where it belongs. Also, you could have just told us what guides you scored and not how many, eh ? And don't post so many dang times in a row, it makes you look more stupid.;) And you want people to ship you their guides first too boot ?! bahahaha...Good luck with that one.

I'm enjoying this thread tonight. So I'll stick in my 2 cents.

Since BB pulled guides from most of the stores and most people did not get what they wanted,
perhaps the rest of us should clean out our own BB so other CAGS can get a crack at what they want.
It seems very likely to me that BB is going to eventually pull all these guides from every store very soon.
I spent $40 shipping 8 boxes of guides this week, so I ain't making money off this stuff.
But perhaps those that did grab a bunch of guides should post thier trades in the proper thread.

[quote name='n00bie']Well someone shipped before and trusted me, so I ask the same. Sorry, just the way I am. Been burned way too many times before. I understand if you'd rather not deal with me.[/quote]

Which is precisely why you should understand if some people won't want to ship first to someone with 1 feedback. I never said I wouldn't want to deal with you but if I did I'd certainly expect you to ship first, at least at this point in time. Also, if someone with a lot of feedback (say, like me:)) asked you to send first you should be fine. The percentage of scammers here is very low. More traders on CAG mean a deeper trading pool which is good for everyone. You just have to pay your dues at first, so to speak, to get established.

Yes, that's why I love CAG so much. It's a very honest place.

Oh, and yeah, shipping guides is expensive. I just shipped out 5 today and it cost just under $30.

Given the stories, I would have a hard time with complaining about hoarders on the majority of guide drops.... in all honesty.... most of our guide drop stories involve being denied, guides being pulled and trashed, guides being purchased in small numbers then pulled and trashed after the first transaction, or hoarding. I'd much rather see a CAG get it than more people being denied or having the guides pulled and trashed.

[quote name='Xfactor4']You're just a greedy hoarder. If the shoe fits, wear it. Look in the mirror and say to yourself slowly, "I am a greedy hoarder" :booty:"DE" "NILE" ain't just a river in Egypt !

You make no sense on this one ! Sarcastic ?! You really are a "Noobie".

FROM THE OP :

LOL.. You don't seem to need any help on that one ace. :D Step down off your high horse and take your guide trades and other BOASTING over to the guide trade forum where it belongs. Also, you could have just told us what guides you scored and not how many, eh ? And don't post so many dang times in a row, it makes you look more stupid.;) And you want people to ship you their guides first too boot ?! bahahaha...Good luck with that one.[/QUOTE]

Wow could you be any more of a douche? There were tons of people that have posted their finds here. I posted the number so people would know how many I had for trade. I don't trade guides alot, so I'm not familiar with trading forums. If you had used any of the bran cells you have left, you'd have noticed I said "PM me for trades." I only posted what I wanted to make it easier.

FYI, a couple people have offered to ship first.

You don't have any intention of trading with me, so STFU and stop wasting my time.

How am I boasting? Because I said I was surprised at what I got? Forget what I said, please keep posting. I havent laughed this hard in weeks.

[quote name='gordojones88']I'm enjoying this thread tonight. So I'll stick in my 2 cents.

Since BB pulled guides from most of the stores and most people did not get what they wanted,
perhaps the rest of us should clean out our own BB so other CAGS can get a crack at what they want.
It seems very likely to me that BB is going to eventually pull all these guides from every store very soon.
I spent $40 shipping 8 boxes of guides this week, so I ain't making money off this stuff.
But perhaps those that did grab a bunch of guides should post thier trades in the proper thread.

On the front page it states a Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii guide was pennied.
But it does not say it was a LE or hardcover, is it?
Why does noobie say he got 2 Z:TP hardcover guides today.
What color is the front cover?[/QUOTE]

It's blue I believe.

[quote name='neocisco']Which is precisely why you should understand if some people won't want to ship first to someone with 1 feedback. I never said I wouldn't want to deal with you but if I did I'd certainly expect you to ship first, at least at this point in time. Also, if someone with a lot of feedback (say, like me:)) asked you to send first you should be fine. The percentage of scammers here is very low. More traders on CAG mean a deeper trading pool which is good for everyone. You just have to pay your dues at first, so to speak, to get established.[/QUOTE]

If they don't want to ship first, we don't have to do business. No harm, no foul.

[quote name='dyeknom']Given the stories, I would have a hard time with complaining about hoarders on the majority of guide drops.... in all honesty.... most of our guide drop stories involve being denied, guides being pulled and trashed, guides being purchased in small numbers then pulled and trashed after the first transaction, or hoarding. I'd much rather see a CAG get it than more people being denied or having the guides pulled and trashed.[/QUOTE]

That's the reason why I posted. If I hoarded the guides it was to trade them, not to eBay them.

I guess I made a mistake, the blue one is the Zelda PH guide. They have the same design, only they are blue and brown apparently.

Sorry about the confusion.

Oh and sorry about all the posts, just answering questions.

...use the edit button. No need to post five times.

I'm thinking about heading out to another Best Buy tomorrow to look for Fable, but I think I may be a little late on it still being in stock.

[quote name='n00bie']Man, I had 14 PM's from people wanting to trade guides, lol. Most of you want either Fable II or Mario Galaxy.

I need lists or links to lists so I can figure out what to trade for. Also, I hope none of you mind, but I'd rather have you ship first. I have done only one trade here but it was a good one. A couple of you offered to ship first right away, so thanks for that.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I wanted, and I'll list them here:

Spore LE (pretty much all of you offered this, lol)
Mass Effect LE (preferred, but Reg will be fine)
Call of Duty 4
Bioshock
Dead Rising
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Rock Band
Lego SW/Indy/Batman
Orange Box
Midnight Club LA[/quote]

First off, as many others have said, the chances of someone else shipping first aren't very good and with the attitude that's oozing from each of your posts, I'd be shocked if you didn't at least get a temp ban for this sort of behavior.

Also, trade lists/requests belong IN THE TRADE THREAD or at the least the discussion thread.

Plus, at least two of those guides you listed to trade for are considered a hot property(Lego Star Wars, Dead Rising), so chances are you won't find someone willing to give those up.

^^ Wow, I just looked up Lego Star Wars and Dead Rising on eBay and I'm shocked at how much they're worth. Why is the complete saga guide worth $80.00+? Did that get pennied? Anyone who hoarded those are lucky SOBs.

Also, to contribute to all the hoarding talk on the site, who cares if someone hoards as long as they share them with other CAGs. There is a guy in my area who cleaned out two Best Buys and got around 250 guides. He is a lurker on these boards and doesn't trade them. That is the kind of hoarding we should look down upon. In the future, I'm grabbing what I can, when I can, with no regards to the morality of hoarding. The way I figure it, if I don't hoard, someone else will and they'll be less willing to share with others.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Yes, that's why I love CAG so much. It's a very honest place.

Oh, and yeah, shipping guides is expensive. I just shipped out 5 today and it cost just under $30.[/quote]

Did you ship through media mail? It usually won't cost more than $4.00 a book, even if they weigh a ton. I've sold loads of textbooks online and shipping on them is rarely over $4.00.

[quote name='Doomstink']^^ Wow, I just looked up Lego Star Wars and Dead Rising on eBay and I'm shocked at how much they're worth. Why is the complete saga guide worth $71.00? Did that get pennied? Anyone who hoarded those are lucky SOBs.

Did you ship through media mail? It usually won't cost more than $4.00 a book, even if they weigh a ton. I've sold loads of textbooks online and shipping on them is rarely over $4.00.[/quote]

If you include the price of the envelope/small box, and you're shipping large guides or several at a time, you can easily reach that $30.00 mark on 5 trades.

[quote name='Doomstink']^^ Wow, I just looked up Lego Star Wars and Dead Rising on eBay and I'm shocked at how much they're worth. Why is the complete saga guide worth $80.00+? Did that get pennied? Anyone who hoarded those are lucky SOBs.[/quote]

Ugh, I sold one of the Lego Star Wars guides like 4 months ago to a fellow CAG for $6.50 shipped. Not to mention the other two I traded.

haha i hid about 7 of the guides i wanted ( didnt want to be hoardy) behind the aly and aj guitars on last saturday and i just went yesterday night before closing and they were still there. not to mention the chill employee saying, "pretty sweet deal huh?"

It was a good day.

[quote name='rkrocks123']There must be no CAGs in Grand Rapids. I just got back from Best Buy, and they hadn't pulled any of the guides. I picked up a few Sunday, and somehow nearly all of them were still there today - even though most of them were MARKED as a penny.[/quote]

A. Which Best Buy... I just got back into town from school for the weekend and I know that the Alpine one was cleaned up.

B. Which you be willing to sell any or trade any in person?

[quote name='c.gibbits']haha i hid about 7 of the guides i wanted ( didnt want to be hoardy) behind the aly and aj guitars on last saturday and i just went yesterday night before closing and they were still there. not to mention the chill employee saying, "pretty sweet deal huh?"

It was a good day.[/quote]

I LOL'D at this... I understand what you meant to say was that you only bought 7 to not be hoardy, but at first reading it was a lot more like you hid them to not be hoardy.

[quote name='dragonjud']If you include the price of the envelope/small box, and you're shipping large guides or several at a time, you can easily reach that $30.00 mark on 5 trades.[/quote]

Yeah, I could see it hitting $30.00 pretty easily depending on the packaging used (or how many guides there were per trade), but I wanted to make sure that he had shipped out via media mail. My post office tries to keep quiet about media mail, it isn't on any of the signs with shipping methods and the post office workers won't suggest it unless I request it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had no idea it existed. Like I said, though, I've shipped out a six pound text book via media mail and it only cost around $4.00.

[quote name='Doomstink']^^ Wow, I just looked up Lego Star Wars and Dead Rising on eBay and I'm shocked at how much they're worth. Why is the complete saga guide worth $80.00+? Did that get pennied? Anyone who hoarded those are lucky SOBs. [/quote]

Okay, I just listed my Lego Star Wars for $1,000,000,000 on Ebay. So it must now be worth that much right? Quick everybody go sell theirs too. On half.com where there is no time limit, you just list the price, the prices range from $1 to $100. Nobody and I mean Nobody is going to pay that much. Except little Jimmy playing on the computer with his Mom's credit card.

[quote name='Doomstink']Did you ship through media mail? It usually won't cost more than $4.00 a book, even if they weigh a ton. I've sold loads of textbooks online and shipping on them is rarely over $4.00.[/quote]

My boxes had at least 3-6 guides in each one. I cannot find bubble mailers or boxes for less than a $1. And delivery confirmation is now $.75 for media mail.

[quote name='gordojones88']Okay, I just listed my Lego Star Wars for $1,000,000,000 on Ebay. So it must now be worth that much right? Quick everybody go sell theirs too. On half.com where there is no time limit, you just list the price, the prices range from $1 to $100. Nobody and I mean Nobody is going to pay that much. Except little Jimmy playing on the computer with his Mom's credit card.[/quote]

Um, I think people will pay that much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-STAR-WARS-Complete-Saga-Guide-PS3-Xbox-360-Wi_W0QQitemZ330304269490QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item330304269490&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-STAR-WARS-Complete-Saga-Guide-PS3-Xbox-360-Wii_W0QQitemZ130283239339QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item130283239339&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-STAR-WARS-Complete-Saga-Guide-PS3-Xbox-360-Wii_W0QQitemZ270334319258QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item270334319258&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Some strategy guides become really sought after and sell for $100+.....

EDIT - Oh, and delivery confirmation is only $.18 when you print your shipping label through paypal. You can ship 10 pounds for less than $6, including DC#, so $30 for 5 trades seems a bit much. It helps to bulk order your boxes and mailers, so they're only like $.30-$.50 each.

[quote name='Rave Child']Um, I think people will pay that much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-STAR-WARS-Complete-Saga-Guide-PS3-Xbox-360-Wii_W0QQitemZ130283239339QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item130283239339&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Some strategy guides become really sought after and sell for $100+...[/quote]

I just pooped in my pants a little bit.
Those actually sold for $70.00+?
Maybe this is how the mob launders money?
I guess people think anything with Star Wars is collectible.
So there's a chance I may make One Billion Dollars today. (may sure you say that in your head right)

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Speaking of rare guides, Shadow Hearts Covenant has to be one of the hardest to find guides for the PS2.[/quote]

Sick part is, I practically gave this and many other RPG guides away before I learned about how some of them spike in value after a year or two due to being out of print and long pennied at many stores and I'm even more pissed at myself for selling off the 400 or so guides I had laying around for a couple of years for $100-150 or so.

I'm sure there were a few good ones in there, but I was just sick of seeing them stagnate and collect dust.

This is why I'm holding onto 90-95% of my RPG guides from my TL and I regularly check their values on Ebay, but shit that I have a million of I'll easily give up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sick part is, I practically gave this and many other RPG guides away before I learned about how some of them spike in value after a year or two due to being out of print and long pennied at many stores and I'm even more pissed at myself for selling off the 400 or so guides I had laying around for a couple of years for $100-150 or so.

I'm sure there were a few good ones in there, but I was just sick of seeing them stagnate and collect dust.

This is why I'm holding onto 90-95% of my RPG guides from my TL and I regularly check their values on Ebay, but shit that I have a million of I'll easily give up.[/QUOTE]

Not all RPG guides are rare. Phantom hourglass drop pretty low since so many people are selling them. If you have like 10+ copies it is a good hint it is not going to be rare

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Is the final fantasy XII hard cover guide pennied at GS? Mine has a few, I dont see it on the website.[/quote]

They still have shitloads of them at my local stores, so I'm going to say NO.

[quote name='62t']Not all RPG guides are rare. Phantom hourglass drop pretty low since so many people are selling them. If you have like 10+ copies it is a good hint it is not going to be rare[/quote]

Well Zelda is not a traditional RPG its more Action Adventure and plus its a Nintendo game so them always flood the market with games and guides and it takes a long time for them to go up in value.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Speaking of rare guides, Shadow Hearts Covenant has to be one of the hardest to find guides for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, my friend recently landed me this guide for a buck. He happened to stumble on the yard sale of the century where a woman was unloading her complete guide collection at a buck a piece. The thing was, they were all sought after RPG guides (even going back to the PS1 era). My friend got me Shadow Hearts Covenant and From the New World, Xenogears, Tales of Symphonia, all the Fire Emblem guides, Grandia 2, Alundra, Ico, Parasite Eve 2, and a bunch of others. For himself he got guides for Suikoden 2, SMT: Nocturne, and Tales of the Abyss to name a few. It was an epic find for guide collectors.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Speaking of rare guides, Shadow Hearts Covenant has to be one of the hardest to find guides for the PS2.[/quote]

I found five of those brand new last year at a flea market mall in Raleigh. I got all of them for $10.00 total and sold them for $29.99 each (total profit $140.00). Have they gone up in price? I hope not... it'll make me feel stupid if they did.

EDIT: Just checked eBay and stores have them listed for as much as $131.00, but completed listings have them pinned at $25.99 so I don't feel stupid.

[quote name='Josef'] My friend got me Shadow Hearts Covenant and From the New World, Xenogears, Tales of Symphonia, all the Fire Emblem guides, Grandia 2, Alundra, Ico, Parasite Eve 2, and a bunch of others. It was an epic find for guide collectors.[/quote]

I thought they did not release a guide for Grandia 2... Ah well, either way, that haul was epic indeed.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I thought they did not release a guide for Grandia 2... Ah well, either way, that haul was epic indeed.[/QUOTE]

It was a Versus Books guide, probably for the Dreamcast version (if not, then it's for the PS2 version).

[quote name='Josef']It was a Versus Books guide, probably for the Dreamcast version (if not, then it's for the PS2 version).[/quote]

Ah yes, it was for the PS2 version. I remember trying to find a strategy guide for the DC version when it was first released and sadly found out the guide was canceled.

Great game by the way ;).

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Is the final fantasy XII hard cover guide pennied at GS? Mine has a few, I dont see it on the website.[/quote]

No, it isn't. I had it scanned like a week ago, and my store that always tosses penny guides still had it on Monday.

So instead of the responsible mod explaining why my posts were deleted in response to my question they just delete my post with the question. If I posted something wrong (which I didn't) then do the appropriate thing and tell me why it was wrong, not just delete it and run away. If this person wants to be a mod then that carries responsibility and a minimal level of maturity which isn't being displayed by these actions. That's fine, though, I can play this game all day. I'll just keep posting my query until I get a proper response.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I thought they did not release a guide for Grandia 2... Ah well, either way, that haul was epic indeed.[/quote]

There is a guide, saw it at a vintage shop priced at $35.

[quote name='supaet']someone might want to change the first post

all the le/bundle are 24.99 at bb

checked spore madden and warhammer[/QUOTE]

Weird. I found a bunch of guides this afternoon. Spore LE rang up as full price, but Mass Effect LE still rang up as a penny (along with Lost Odyssey and Sonic Chronicles). Didn't find Fable II LE, though :cry:

How useful do these guides end up being anyways? Not for profit, but for their actual purpose, a guide.

And no good on BB drop for all of RI. I think they cleared them all.

[quote name='angsto2']Went to 2 Best Buys in Minnesota; Roseville had pulled everything but Blaine still had Fracture, Spore, and Bad Company. None of them rung up for a penny. Fracture and Bad Company were $14.99 instead of the $19.99 marked Price and the Spore Limited Edition was $24.95 instead of $34.95 but not a penny. Looks like the jig is up around here.[/QUOTE]

Just came back from Best Buy #420 in Virginia Beach. Fracture and Bad Company were 14.99 also. Star Wars Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duel and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway were back to regular price. However, I did pick up Mass Effect, Tales of Vesperia, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, and Too Human for a penny. They had a ton of Mass Effects, but not in Limited Edition.

Woo Hoo! Finally dropped by a BB I rarely go to but always pass going to work and found a few. Picked out 1 of each:
SoulCaliber 4 LE
Too Human
Sonic Chronicles
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Pokedex
Mass Effect
Ass Creed
Final Fantasy 4

Wario Shake It! was still full price.... I forgot the list and tried to get Gears 2 LE at BB... it came out to $29.99 before I realized it was only at GS... lol....

I decided to drop by since I wasn't terribly sleepy yet from working 12am - 10am.... (and they were open, I never drive by when they're open so I usually just pass it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back