Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

The site has updated again. I have 9 successful now, but there are still some pending. I wonder when they'll actually start giving out the credit? Hopefully soon...

Holy cow. That Brandon guy has 149 successful. I bet Sony is happy they put in the 10 referral limit on the rewards.

[quote name='quesog']Holy cow. That Brandon guy has 149 successful. I bet Sony is happy they put in the 10 referral limit on the rewards.[/QUOTE]

Wow that guy must've been campaigning for referrals, and that's not even counting his denied refs. I wish he could spread the wealth, the dude has a huge gap between 1st and 2nd place.

[quote name='whoknows']I have 1 successful now and no other changes.

At least they finally updated something for me.[/QUOTE]

Was that me

I have 9 more Pending from different people, but I also got +1 more Success-Closed :)

Up to $80 PSN Credit and $40 Sony Store credit. Will probably buy Bioshock Infinite once this is done. Great program, crappy wait time for our rewards though.

[quote name='mike568']Has anyone that registered their Vita get their PSN credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I don't think that anyone will get anything until they resolve all of the "Successful - Pending" referrals. Could be another week or two, I'm guessing.

I got something in the mail about this today so I signed up for it and tried using the referral codes here but all of them said "The code you entered is not valid." Here's my referral code if anybody uses it Thanks.

[quote name='OneCoolPerson']I got something in the mail about this today so I signed up for it and tried using the referral codes here but all of them said "The code you entered is not valid." Here's my referral code if anybody uses it Thanks.

13812005[/QUOTE]Just used yours with my newly purchased vita

Contestants will be judged based on the number of friends/family members who (i) purchase a PS Vita and (ii) register the purchase at psvita.amplifinity.com prior to 5/10/2013 (6:00pm ET)

"You must claim your Sony Rewards points by 6/30/2013"

WTF!

Didn't this program end already, and everyone that participated (including myself) are now just waiting for our referrals to become either verified as authentic (successful-complete) or denied? Strange that a few peope here are getting new emails for signing up now.....maybe there's another wave of referral-giving now?

[quote name='OneCoolPerson']I got something in the mail about this today so I signed up for it and tried using the referral codes here but all of them said "The code you entered is not valid." Here's my referral code if anybody uses it Thanks.

13812005[/QUOTE]

So I just used your code to register my Vita, although it's a launch system so there's no guarantee it'll work. Interesting too that when I entered your code the name "Brandon Arrington" appeared on the page....you're not the "Brandon" leading the Referral Leaderboards with 149 Successful Referrals, are you? ;)

Also, I noticed that the instructions for registering your Vitas have changed a bit....here's a snapshot of the page: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3885348/Capture.PNG

Seems that Sony/uRefer has become smarter about how to correctly accept submissions, hoping to make the process of authenticating referrals go more smoothly. As for me, I'm still waiting on a few referrals I received back in February.

Today marks the 6 week mark from the end of the (original) promotion where we were supposed to receive our rewards. May send them an email later to try and get the ball rolling a little faster.

[quote name='Link2999']Today marks the 6 week mark from the end of the (original) promotion where we were supposed to receive our rewards. May send them an email later to try and get the ball rolling a little faster.[/QUOTE]

I sent them an email twice about the promotion (with a link to it) weeks ago, askin' how to get the points transfered to my Sony Rewards account and when I'd get the money in my PSN account.

Both times, the idiots linked me to the official PlayStation site as if they had no idea what I was talkin' about. SMH.

To those with "Success-Closed" referrals, you might want to check your Sony Rewards account. Three of my completed referrals went through with the Sony Rewards portion of the reward (1000 points per referral, so $10), image attached:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3885348/Capture2.PNG

I haven't gotten the $20 PSN card/code for each completed referral yet, but this is at least a good sign that things are finally rolling again. I still have a few referrals still in "Success-Pending" status as well, so hopefully Sony/uRefer will complete authenticating our referrals soon too.

My 9 "Success - Closed" went through to the Sony Rewards as well. I still have about 45 "Success - Pending", so at least one of them should be valid and give me the 10th "Closed".

Nothing yet for PSN credit, though.

[quote name='nabor605']To those with "Success-Closed" referrals, you might want to check your Sony Rewards account. Three of my completed referrals went through with the Sony Rewards portion of the reward (1000 points per referral, so $10), image attached:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3885348/Capture2.PNG

I haven't gotten the $20 PSN card/code for each completed referral yet, but this is at least a good sign that things are finally rolling again. I still have a few referrals still in "Success-Pending" status as well, so hopefully Sony/uRefer will complete authenticating our referrals soon too.[/QUOTE]

this is great news! 5000 added to my rewards account and psn $$$ should hopefully be soon.

[quote name='SackManBoy']this is great news! 5000 added to my rewards account and psn $$$ should hopefully be soon.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the heads up i also got my reward points

They gave me my 4000pts that they counted. Too bad I needed 6000 for what I wanted. At least if a sale goes on or something I can jump on it. Hopefully the remaining points and PSN credit aren't far behind.

sweet i have 8000 points so far, i hope i can get 2 more successful referrals. Im still waiting on the psn money like the rest of you though

I got my 5000 points too. Can't claim any PSN+ or PSN cards though without having a Playstation card. Is it worth it to sign up for the Playstation card?

[quote name='StrikeZero']I got my 5000 points too. Can't claim any PSN+ or PSN cards though without having a Playstation card. Is it worth it to sign up for the Playstation card?[/QUOTE]

I signed up for one last summer, there is a deal that gives you a bonus 5000 Sony Rewards points for a $50 PSN card when you sign up for one right now too. Basically, using your Playstation card on PSN purchases gives you 10% cash back as Sony Rewards points, 3% on phone bills, and 1% in everything else. Every month I pay close to $200 for my Internet and cell phone bills, so I get about $6 in SR points every month. That, plus registering DVDs and Blurays and doing the Wheel of Fortune daily puzzles lets me redeem PSN or SEN codes fairly regularly for some nice PSN wallet funding. This past month I jumped on the "spend $50 get $10 back" deal by funding my PSN wallet largely with SR redeemed codes. I only had to spend about $30 on my credit card (so $3 earned back there).

[quote name='TheJLC']I got my 4k points but I need to pay $6 for shipping?[/QUOTE]

Fortunately if you buy a PSN or SEN credit code, you'll just receive a code via email, so no shipping required :)

[quote name='finsfan0210']Straight from their FAQ's

Is there a charge for shipping? Shipping is included for most catalog items; however, it's generally not included for Deals & Steals items. Certain exceptions apply. For more details, see our Terms & Conditions.[/QUOTE]

Yup. But everything I want requires that $6 shipping charge, despite me having enough points... Oh well, I didn't really want to use my card.

Yup, just got $80 worth of PSN. I really hope I get my remaining rewards though.

Already bought Guacamelee and was going to buy BL2 Bundle, but changed my mind at the last minute. Already have 360 and PC copies.

[quote name='mike568']How did you get the codes from Sony?[/QUOTE]

Email, they sent them in a single email, $20 increments. Spoke with someone I referred and she got hers too.

I gotta say, I really had written off actually getting this so when it showed up today in my email it was a pleasant surprise.

I received two emails today....both with $20 psn codes for registering my Vita.
I only remember registering once (only have one Vita)...but I'll take $40!

NICE!!!!!

[quote name='StrikeZero']Yup got $120 worth of PSN codes! Also, the Sony Rewards points will expire by 6/30/2013. It stated that in the email.[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything stating there is a 6/30/13 expiration date.

I only see "Voucher code expires 7/10/13".

I was under the impression you had to enter the code by 7/10...but the funds will still be in there past the 7/10 date.

[quote name='yedgee']I don't see anything stating there is a 6/30/13 expiration date.

I only see "Voucher code expires 7/10/13".

I was under the impression you had to enter the code by 7/10...but the funds will still be in there past the 7/10 date.[/QUOTE]

If you received Sony Rewards points then under that section where it tells you how many points you have. The date is right under "Claim Your Rewards".

I only received a 12 digit psn code to add to my wallet. I don't think that's the same as Sony Rewards points...but not exactly sure.
So I'm assuming there's no expiration date on my funds.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']I'm assuming my referal didnt go through for link sigggh[/QUOTE]

One of them didn't but 2 are still Pending. Just have to wait it out unfortunately :(

Just received my $80 in PSN spacebux. Thanks to my friends and the two others who (I'm assuming) clicked my referral!

Edit: I'm still seeing some newer (Feburary+, the rest are from January) referrals that report "Success - Pending". Does this mean that they haven't been verified yet and there may be additional points pending (that would be ridiculously awesome)?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back