Resident Evil 1-3, Degeneration Steelbooks $7.88 at Wal-Mart YMMV?

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Saw all four RE steelbooks in my wal-mart in the $7.88 bin. Just a heads up for you steelbook collectors.

One of my CAG buddies also confirmed this at their Wal-Mart as well. So hopefully it isn't YMMV.

These had been gone at my wal-mart for a while so guess it is just leftover stock maybe?

Hmmm was unaware of an Afterlife steelbook. I would get it for 7.88, however I'd prefer to have the 3D version.

This is just my experience but the ones that are still left in circulation at Walmart are beat to hell. I got my collection about 8 months ago and was able to find 8 good copies (2 sets). I was going to buy more when I saw them again a few weeks ago (not sure why they disappeared and then returned) every single one was beat to hell and most sounded as if the discs were loose.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is just my experience but the ones that are still left in circulation at Walmart are beat to hell. I got my collection about 8 months ago and was able to find 8 good copies (2 sets). I was going to buy more when I saw them again a few weeks ago (not sure why they disappeared and then returned) every single one was beat to hell and most sounded as if the discs were loose.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that good copies are still around. I found mint copies of 3 of the 4 movies. For Degeneration, I found a mint case but the disc is loose. Haven't opened it up yet to assess the damage.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I can confirm that good copies are still around. I found mint copies of 3 of the 4 movies. For Degeneration, I found a mint case but the disc is loose. Haven't opened it up yet to assess the damage.[/QUOTE]

Same as the ones I found 3 were mint and Degeneration was loose disk, I opened mine and it was perfectly fine not a scratch on it.

Was about to make a post about this, as I just picked up RE1 tonight...Had seen Degeneration about a week ago in the bin. Still there, but didn't see RE1 till tonight. I may check a few others later on

[quote name='Psychonik']I have seen Advent Children many times in the bargain bin so I was meh on that. I did pick up all 4 RE's. I don't think my Wal-Mart ever even got the steelbooks when they were first released. A lot of them were dinged up and I dug through the bin for like 30 minutes, which was nerve racking because I didn't want to miss Game of Thrones.[/QUOTE]

Advent Children is an amazing experience on bluray, though! I grabbed it full price when I finally got a PS3 because I couldn't stand to wait. For $7.88 it's nearly criminal not to get it! (And I am in no way a FF fanboy. If anything, I'm quite the opposite.)

[quote name='Grammar Police']I have access to an Afterlife Steelbook that I'd be willing to sell if someone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Is it sealed? If so how much shipped?

[quote name='Twizz']Is it sealed? If so how much shipped?[/QUOTE]

No, it's not actually sealed. It is in great shape I believe. I'll have to inspect it heavily tomorrow but I'd wager it's in excellent shape because he's a collector.

I got a bunch of PMs about it right after I posted that, so I have no idea what I'd be willing to take. I do have to buy it from somebody, but he's been looking to get rid of it recently.

The sealed prices on ebay are like $30 and then shipping and Amazon's cheapest used is $55, so I won't be asking anywhere near those.

[quote name='Grammar Police']No, it's not actually sealed. It is in great shape I believe. I'll have to inspect it heavily tomorrow but I'd wager it's in excellent shape because he's a collector.

I got a bunch of PMs about it right after I posted that, so I have no idea what I'd be willing to take. I do have to buy it from somebody, but he's been looking to get rid of it recently.

The sealed prices on ebay are like $30 and then shipping and Amazon's cheapest used is $55, so I won't be asking anywhere near those.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, yea I have no issue with it being opened. I didn't see any post so I rushed my reply lol. Fair enough though, go with those who messaged you first.

Thanks anyways though.

Only one person threw an offer initially. The rest were just "how much?" questions. It's gonna cost me a little to buy it, so I only wanna make a little to make it worth it for me. I'm definitely not trying to rip anybody off here. I know it's a harder one to get, so I figured I'd mention it.

Darn it, was going to pick up a couple extra sets for people on here and guess what? The darn local Wal-Mart pulled the display...where the heck did they all go...was really wanting a Advent Children in there as well...I know for fact they had at least 3 more sets of these.

[quote name='kobra90']Can anyone pick up an extra set of these?[/QUOTE]

Checked last night, but no-go. I managed a set for myself last week, and I know there were more in there. TBH, the ones that I left last week were 'imperfect'.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Checked last night, but no-go. I managed a set for myself last week, and I know there were more in there. TBH, the ones that I left last week were 'imperfect'.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it nonetheless.

I didn't see anything wrong with the case whatsoever today. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow since I couldn't earlier.

Back
photo3.jpg

Both sides, but upside down. Wouldn't let me flip it.
photo1.jpg

Front
photo2.jpg

[quote name='Grammar Police']I didn't see anything wrong with the case whatsoever today. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow since I couldn't earlier.

Back
photo3.jpg

Both sides, but upside down. Wouldn't let me flip it.
photo1.jpg

Front
photo2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

63.99.........good lord

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']63.99.........good lord[/QUOTE]

It just went up from $28.99. It averages the used prices on Ebay and Amazon. I won't be paying the $63.99, don't worry.

[quote name='Grammar Police']All my messages got deleted I guess. My bad. Was just trying to help people that wanted it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing kept happening to me. Sent the op a message but never responded.

[quote name='kobra90']Same thing kept happening to me. Sent the op a message but never responded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I specifically said I'm not gonna try to rip anybody off. I was gonna sell it for what I paid and shipping just to complete somebody's collection. I've still got pictures. I'm just gonna list it in my trade list.

I'll check my Wal-Mart around 10pm EST tonight to see if they have any steelbooks. I doubt they do, as I never remember seeing them.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Yeah, I specifically said I'm not gonna try to rip anybody off. I was gonna sell it for what I paid and shipping just to complete somebody's collection. I've still got pictures. I'm just gonna list it in my trade list.

I'll check my Wal-Mart around 10pm EST tonight to see if they have any steelbooks. I doubt they do, as I never remember seeing them.[/QUOTE]

I missed your post. Hey, if you find an Afterlife at Wal-Mart for $20 or under please grab me one. We can set up an offer later.

I will check back here later.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Yeah, I specifically said I'm not gonna try to rip anybody off. I was gonna sell it for what I paid and shipping just to complete somebody's collection. I've still got pictures. I'm just gonna list it in my trade list.

I'll check my Wal-Mart around 10pm EST tonight to see if they have any steelbooks. I doubt they do, as I never remember seeing them.[/QUOTE]

I asked if someone saw more than one set, that I'd gladly pay for it.

Wait. Do you have afterlife? I would gladly pay for it. If so pm me, I'll send you the money today

My Walmart still has all the movies except Degeneration, which I got the last copy of. The whole display was on a pallet and had been moved from where I saw it before.
If anyone wants some of the movies, I would be happy to go back and check for them.
If you are in Georgia, I can tell you the store if you want to go yourself.

Thanks for making this topic! I was able to find all of them at my Walmart, and all but Apocalypse were mint. Corner was dinged a bit on Apocalypse, but I'm still glad to have it.

For those who bought Resident Evil Extinction, was the disc inside loose? went to two separate Wal*Marts, both had wobbly copies, snagged one anyways, just in case they vanished.

[quote name='chatgirl4']For those who bought Resident Evil Extinction, was the disc inside loose? went to two separate Wal*Marts, both had wobbly copies, snagged one anyways, just in case they vanished.[/QUOTE]

Nope, my Degeneration had a loose disc though.

[quote name='chatgirl4']For those who bought Resident Evil Extinction, was the disc inside loose? went to two separate Wal*Marts, both had wobbly copies, snagged one anyways, just in case they vanished.[/QUOTE]

Most of the RE steelbooks I found (Apocalypse, Extinction and Degeneration) had loose discs inside. I'm keeping a loose-disc Extinction for my collection (best-looking from the outside), as I've read a few posts about Blu-rays being extremely scratch-resistant and that RE floater discs have looked like-new. I'll post an update when I open mine.

Also, most of the RE steelbooks I found were badly dented or damaged in some way, very few looked good.

In my experience loose discs rarely have an significant damage. Have had a few movies and game I order arrive that way. I may have to go pick up FFVII. I'm not a FF fanboy either, but I hear it's one of the best CGI movies available right up there with Appleseed Ex Machina.

The same WM which previously only carried Apocalypse, Extinction and Degeneration had stocked the first RE steelbook within the last week, and this new stock was in much better shape than the others. If you're still looking for these, keep checking your local WMs, they may still show up on the floor.

[quote name='ITDEFX']holy shit I found a bunch of them at my local walmart! anyone need any?

PM!![/QUOTE]

PM sent :)

find Resident Evil Degeneration Steelbook at one of my walmarts they only one but not Resident Evil 1-3,Afterlife Steelbooks

FYI found the first 3 as well as degeneration today in excellent condition. I didn't see afterlife (not for lack of trying) but don't feel too badly about that, just ordered it on 3D bluray during the gohastings sale! Thanks OP :)

[quote name='logicmeme']FYI found the first 3 as well as degeneration today in excellent condition. I didn't see afterlife (not for lack of trying) but don't feel too badly about that, just ordered it on 3D bluray during the gohastings sale! Thanks OP :)[/QUOTE]

Afterlife isn't a part of this sale. I think it went out of print and/or sold out, while WM had a ton of these others left so they just discounted them to move them. It took 2 different STL stores since I dawdled on getting them, but I have the whole set now.

Does anyone have the upc for all the movies? My walmarts are not that great in keeping everything organized . thanks

Well, i went to two walmarts today. The first suprised me because I had given up and at the last moment of disappointment, i saw RE: extinction. It gave me the extra boost to look for the other ones, ended up finding a second RE: extinction , RE: apocolypse and RE: degeneration. Got all three and left the second RE: extinction. Don't think i was thorough enough to check if there was more since I was running out of time to look. So went to the second walmart later this evening and actually emptied out the bin into a cart (or buggie where ever your location) and no luck. Still have one more to go to so hopefully i can get the other two there. Kinda doubt it so wish me luck.

Anyone have the UPC for all movies? Can someone post a tracker?

I was at Walmart last night and looked all over the department. I did see a bin of $7.88 movies, but no Resident Evil at all :(

This was at the Germantown, Maryland location.

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone have the UPC for all movies? Can someone post a tracker?

I was at Walmart last night and looked all over the department. I did see a bin of $7.88 movies, but no Resident Evil at all :(

This was at the Germantown, Maryland location.[/QUOTE]

Check the bin carefully. I was at the Arbutus, MD Walmart last night and managed to get the steelbooks for the 3 live action movies. The first and third movies had 2nd copies in the bin but that was it. Now I just gotta find Degeneration.

bread's done
Back