Resident Evil 2 for Gamecube RARE?

Santorum X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey guys is RE 2 for the GC rare or something because I saw 3 today, new for $29.99 each. I remember a discussion on how both RE 2 and 3 were rare or something.

Used to be, before Capcom decided to release a small batch here and there during the past month to gauge market response (perhaps to release a collected edition of RE2+3) or just cash in on the "rare" status.

[quote name='Santorum X']Hey guys is RE 2 for the GC rare or something because I saw 3 today, new for $29.99 each. I remember a discussion on how both RE 2 and 3 were rare or something.[/QUOTE]

Mind telling us where you found it? (assuming you got what you needed already)

[quote name='nwaugh']Mind telling us where you found it? (assuming you got what you needed already)[/QUOTE]

It was down at Fry's (in Renton, WA) where I waited about an hour for the workers to bring out SC CT from the back.

[quote name='Scorch']There's some here at Rhino for $29.99 as well. It was reprinted and is quite common now.[/QUOTE]

How can you tell the difference between the reprint and the original?

[quote name='Santorum X']How can you tell the difference between the reprint and the original?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly it's not a reprint, rather a sudden find of original prints that were lost or misplaced or something along those lines. If that's true, then there'd be no difference obviously.

This game really needed a reprint given the ridiculous prices on the online auction sites. Now if we can just get a few other publishers to reprint some more old favorites. . .

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']This game really needed a reprint given the ridiculous prices on the online auction sites. Now if we can just get a few other publishers to reprint some more old favorites. . .[/QUOTE]

*cough suikoden 2 cough*

i mean, i have my near mint copy on my shelf...but it would be nice for some of the others that havent had the chance to play it or dont have the money to pay 80+ on ebay for a mint copy

At this point, I'm not really sure whether RE2 is still rare. At one point or another it was pretty difficult to find and could have been considered rare, but either recently Capcom either made a small reprinting or out of no where retailers have found a hidden wherehouse full of them. It could also very well be that Capcom reprinted RE2 and gave it out to small retailers to see how well they would sell and if it would be worth reprinting more of them for an RE2 and 3 combo pack similiar to the RE 1+2 "Pure Evil" pack.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']At this point, I'm not really sure whether RE2 is still rare. At one point or another it was pretty difficult to find and could have been considered rare, but either recently Capcom either made a small reprinting or out of no where retailers have found a hidden wherehouse full of them. It could also very well be that Capcom reprinted RE2 and gave it out to small retailers to see how well they would sell and if it would be worth reprinting more of them for an RE2 and 3 combo pack similiar to the RE 1+2 "Pure Evil" pack.[/QUOTE]

A little birdy might have told me that Capcom was considering a new run of both 2 and 3 in the near future but hasn't officially made a decision yet. This little birdy may have been an official representative from Capcom that responded to an e-mailed question. I can't remember the exact details because there may have been a scary confidentiality agreement at the bottom of the e-mail that the birdy may have sent me.

"*cough suikoden 2 cough*"

I would like to see valkyrie profile reprint in there, but for some reason I don't think that will ever happen

[quote name='nwaugh']A little birdy might have told me that Capcom was considering a new run of both 2 and 3 in the near future but hasn't officially made a decision yet. This little birdy may have been an official representative from Capcom that responded to an e-mailed question. I can't remember the exact details because there may have been a scary confidentiality agreement at the bottom of the e-mail that the birdy may have sent me.[/QUOTE]

I own a bird. Name's Mickey. He talks a lot too...

there was no reprint, gamequestdirect had an large overstock during a warehouse cleaning, and sold them on their site and in bulk to other online retailers (such as myself). a reprint would have to have a seperate copyright date of 2004 or 2005 on them and none of these copies do. with the market saturated the game has decreased in value, but that may change again once all these copies get into individual peoples hands. resident evil 3? thats a whole other story.................

so what is the average going price for 2, or at least 3 now?

I have two put aside for a customer who called me tonight asking me to hold them (i mean, a used copy of 2 and a copy of 3, both boxs and booklets in good shape, I was amazed they lasted two days). I have no desire to horde them and suddenly they 'won't be there' in the morning, since i'm happy with the first and fourth and have spent too much money on games lately anyway~

I just really wanna be able to tell the guy when he comes to pick them up how good of a deal he got =P

~

oh well, guess nobody knew off hand, but he still was quite happy (and understadably) this morning. yeehaw. :razz:

bread's done
Back