Resident Evil 4 (PS2) $39.99 at EB w/ $10 rebate B&M only

aoLat

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and didn't see anything. It's a great deal for a great game. Anyone who hasn't played this yet, buy it NOW! :D

I got this today w/o even knowing about it. The bitch of it is...the rebate requires that you send in the rebate, receipt, and UPC from box. Well, I have the Premium Edition and it would be pretty hard to cut out a UPS from an aluminum case. Is there any other way around this?

[quote name='saetia']I got this today w/o even knowing about it. The bitch of it is...the rebate requires that you send in the rebate, receipt, and UPC from box. Well, I have the Premium Edition and it would be pretty hard to cut out a UPS from an aluminum case. Is there any other way around this?[/QUOTE]

Did they even offer the rebate with the premium version? I noticed the lady who got the regular re4 right before I got the premium was told about the rebate by the store clerk, but no word was mentioned to me when I got my copy. I didn't even bother to look at the receipt though, I'll have to do that when I get home today I guess.

If they require the UPC though that is pretty stupid since there isn't any easy way to get it off the tin (not like I'd mar it for $10 anyway, the box is part of the reason I paid extra in the first place). Usually when they require the UPC code I just use the sticker that peels off the top of the case and send them that, but even that isn't on the premium edition for some reason.

[quote name='lunkhead']Did they even offer the rebate with the premium version? I noticed the lady who got the regular re4 right before I got the premium was told about the rebate by the store clerk, but no word was mentioned to me when I got my copy. I didn't even bother to look at the receipt though, I'll have to do that when I get home today I guess.

If they require the UPC though that is pretty stupid since there isn't any easy way to get it off the tin (not like I'd mar it for $10 anyway, the box is part of the reason I paid extra in the first place). Usually when they require the UPC code I just use the sticker that peels off the top of the case and send them that, but even that isn't on the premium edition for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said. It printed out as soon as the transaction was completed, so it is definately applicable. I am going to call EB and ask if a photocopy of the UPC will suffice because I am not busting out a can opener.

Yeah it's really cool looking. The tin casing is really neat, and I totally think a $10 extra purchase is justified.

I played all the way through RE4 on the GC, and am playing it now on the PS2. The new version is surprisingly well-done. It doesn't look QUITE as good, and the load times are indeed longer, but the gameplay's all there.

Even though I played through the Cube version three times, I picked up the Premium Edition today at FYE using some of my horde of store credit there... didn't want to touch my EB credit, which is going towards a free 360 launch ;)

So, will EB send a $10 coupon code to my e-mail address or through the mail? Also, how long do they usually take? Everyone here says that EB is really bad with rebates.

[quote name='mkelehan']...am playing it now on the PS2. The new version is surprisingly well-done.[/QUOTE]

I too am playing through it now on PS2, and I must say that it's amazing what a developer can accomplish when they actually take the time and effort port a game right. RE4 has no right to look and play this well on PS2 as a dumbed-down port. Unless you played the GCN And PS2 versions back-to-back, you'd probably be hard-pressed to tell a real difference between the two.

The rebate form is also in the latest EB flyer (the one w/ Gun on the cover). I read the fine print on that form, and it says "Mail this completed form along with original sales receipt to..". No mention of a UPC symbol at all. I think I may go pick up the CE today if it will end up being $40. ;)

[quote name='saetia']Yeah, like I said. It printed out as soon as the transaction was completed, so it is definately applicable. I am going to call EB and ask if a photocopy of the UPC will suffice because I am not busting out a can opener.[/QUOTE]

Strange I didn't recieve any rebate form with my purchase just a plain old receipt :cry:. I wonder if I should go back and ask them about it.

I picked up the regular edition yesterday. The guy thought the special edition wasnt included but I didnt care because I didnt want that one.

Does anyone know if you have to cut out the UPC or can you photocopy it? I dont want to cut it out, in case I want to trade it in.

If you guys want to take a chance, just send the rebate form in w/ the receipt. I've done around 3 EBGames rebates in the past, and got all three w/o cutting the UPC out. These were all for purchases through their website though, so I'm not 100% it will work w/ a B&M-related rebate.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I picked up the regular edition yesterday. The guy thought the special edition wasnt included but I didnt care because I didnt want that one.

Does anyone know if you have to cut out the UPC or can you photocopy it? I dont want to cut it out, in case I want to trade it in.[/QUOTE]

I think sending in the sticker that comes off the top of the case intact works also if you want to send that in, it is just another copy of the upc thats unique to the case after all.

[quote name='lunkhead']I think sending in the sticker that comes off the top of the case intact works also if you want to send that in, it is just another copy of the upc thats unique to the case after all.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about RE4, but many new PS2 games don't come with that top sticker anymore.

bread's done
Back