Resident Evil 5 $79.99 and $53.99 at NewEgg FREE SHIPPING

All guys bitching about crushed boxes and missing stuff, hell I just want to play the game! I might have it by next Friday if I'm lucky, I'm sorry I did not do Buy.com. Eggsaver sucks!

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up. I think i'll order from Amazon for an extra 10 bucks. I rented a copy on gamefly and it should be in the mail tommorow. I plan on just keeping a collector's edition of the game sealed. I hate it when morons dont put valuable things in boxes. Like when I bought a complete/mint copy of Dragon Warrior IV and the moron sent it in an envelope (thankfully it wasn't damaged)

[quote name='naitaimutgwai']damn, did anyone get one that was not damaged? exchanging sounds annoying and they don't take refunds right?[/QUOTE]

I just got mine 5 minutes ago thanks to UPS and its nicely packaged in a newegg cardboard box. Very happy with my order switch from DD.

I just requested for an RMA using LiveChat. Supposedly, you can return an item if it was damaged due to improper packing... and they're covering the return shipping I guess.

But they asked for 3 days for the RMA.

[quote name='Vinny']Here's mine...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img063.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img064.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img066.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img067.jpg

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. First the USPS loses 11 fucking guides that I was supposed to receive and now this. And to add to all of this, I have finals this week along with 2 papers.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Dude, that totally sucks! I feel so lucky to have mine come in mint condition. Sorry man. This is how mine came in.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5515/photoief.jpg

[quote name='lamuh13']was your order shipped with UPS Ground?
or something else?

I just ordered mine with UPS Ground and I'm worried now.[/QUOTE]I ordered mine with UPS ground shipping, and it's all bent up as well. :(

[quote name='lamuh13']was your order shipped with UPS Ground?
or something else?

I just ordered mine with UPS Ground and I'm worried now.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was UPS Ground which fortunately came in two days. I'm glad I ordered it when I did. I didn't think I was going to get it today but I'm impressed that it did. I'm now a fan of NewEgg.

[quote name='tightclaws']Damn at least you guys got the game, are any of you enjoying the game? Not one word about the game its all about the box LOL.[/quote]

It's a fun game.

I ordered mine on the 11th, it shipped out on the 12th, and I received today (13th). :)

My box was shipped in a box so it didn't suffer too much damage. Just a couple of corners were scrunched in a lil so it wasn't too bad.

I will never choose eggsaver again mine is still not at post. Ordered Wednesday shipped Thurs, still enroute to post which means DHL don't work weekends so it might get to post Monday or tues I might have it by next Friday if I'm lucky totally unimpressed with Eggsaver now, I will have to rethink using Newegg.

even some of the boxes at local stores will get damaged too... yeah, I agree, as long as the steelbook is perfect, then there's some satisfaction...

Gamestop did this with SF4 CE and newegg too. Dumb people didn't know that it'll get crash? Or do they assume that we don't care about the box? Mine is beat up too fucktard.

Overall, the shipping is pretty fast from CA to NY, in 3 days.

PS3 CE is now up to $89.99 and the 360 is still $79.99.

I ordered a PS3 CE yesterday for $77.99 and cancelled my Deep Discount pre-order. It has already shipped, and I hope it arrives in good condition. I hate messing with returns. Hopefully with all of the damaged ones being returned, whoever is packing them in envelopes will be told to start using boxes.

[quote name='ob1ob']PS3 CE is now up to $89.99 and the 360 is still $79.99.

I ordered a PS3 CE yesterday for $77.99 and cancelled my Deep Discount pre-order. It has already shipped, and I hope it arrives in good condition. I hate messing with returns. Hopefully with all of the damaged ones being returned, whoever is packing them in envelopes will be told to start using boxes.[/quote]

I think only California orders are being shipped in a box, it is probably cheaper for Newegg to send out of state orders in a bubble mailer.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I think only California orders are being shipped in a box, it is probably cheaper for Newegg to send out of state orders in a bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

I live in Massachusetts and mine was shipped in a box. My copy was shipped from NJ.

[quote name='MajorMaxim']I live in Massachusetts and mine was shipped in a box. My copy was shipped from NJ.[/quote]

Interesting... I live in Georgia and mine wash shipped from CA. I think Newegg also has a facility in TN, and I think it would have been cheaper to ship from NJ or TN than CA.

[quote name='Vinny']Here's mine...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img063.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img064.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img066.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/img067.jpg

This is absolutely fucking ridiculous. First the USPS loses 11 fucking guides that I was supposed to receive and now this. And to add to all of this, I have finals this week along with 2 papers.:bomb:[/quote]

Damn! It looks like Ace Ventura himself delivered yours.

[quote name='wowzors']Ummm. just got mine and it does NOT have the metal necklace......[/quote]

Aw man, that sucks! You should let Capcom know... I bet they be willing to send you another one...

Also, I know the boxes can come crushed. Even some of the boxes at GameStop were dented and had crease marks from the shrink wrapping. It's really difficult to find a perfect box, so I don't care much about it, I just use it to store my other games in it. Of course they weren't crushed like the one from the post with the images, that was just painful to have seen... damn. I got my SFIVCE and the manual had a minor crease on the manual on the last page. It must have been from the assembly line in some factory where they load the papers into some stapling machine or something like that. It doesn't bug me, I can always switch it out with a reg. edition. It's really the cover art and the "Collector's Edition" label at the top that I'm after which I just found out recently about myself as to why I really wanted it.

Mine was shipped from TN.

If a bunch are being returned for bad packing, I would think that this would nullify the cheaper cost to ship in a bubble mailer vs a box.

ZackScott's appears to be in good condition, and he is in OKC. I assume his was mailed in a box unless he was just very fortunate to not have it crushed in a bubble mailer.

Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow grrrrrrrrr its in the state POST who knows how long they will pass it around my area before I get it.

got mine the 13th, and it arrived fine, i feel better now. i live in chicago and it came packed fine in a box so it wasn't crushed at all. and i just realized a few people had fine boxes like zackscott so newegg isnt all bad =o) o, and the game so far, im just eh, im more curious about the story since ive played all of them w/the exception of the shooters

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Damn! It looks like Ace Ventura himself delivered yours.[/QUOTE]

Pfft... I wish. If that was the case, at least I could get his autograph and eBay that shit for like ten bucks and feel a bit better.

But at least Newegg is refunding me and taking care of the return shipping (I think, at least they said they would).

I don't think this is really Newegg's fault, this is more or less bad judgment of the people who packed these things. Newegg has never shipped anything to me in a bubble mailer. But it might be because this was free shipping... so they shipped as cheaply as possible.

[quote name='Vinny']Pfft... I wish. If that was the case, at least I could get his autograph and eBay that shit for like ten bucks and feel a bit better.

But at least Newegg is refunding me and taking care of the return shipping (I think, at least they said they would).

I don't think this is really Newegg's fault, this is more or less bad judgment of the people who packed these things. Newegg has never shipped anything to me in a bubble mailer. But it might be because this was free shipping... so they shipped as cheaply as possible.[/quote]

Heh, I chose free shipping but it was mailed in a box. Of course it didn't really have that far to go either.
Still though, it might be cheaper to mail it in a bubble mailer but in your case, it definitely was more expensive for them.

normally they'd ship it out via a box but they probably either have some noob working in their shipping department or they ran out of boxes...either way, someone is getting their @$$ handed to them for that. I used to do B2B with them and they HATE it when stuff like this happens just for the fact that now they might lose some business AND they have to eat it on the cost for shipping it out and any replacement.

[quote name='lamuh13']anyone in Texas got their RE5CE from Newegg?
and how was the shipping condition?[/quote]

Mine is suppose to be delivered to today. Accorrding to the tracking information its been around the area since Saturday and says it still isnt out for delivery. Man what gives..

I got mine today, in bubble rap not smashed but maybe because its not the special edition crammed into a bubble rap?
I mean it seems to me there is no way they could fit the CE in a bubble rap mailer. glad I just bought the regular edition, I don't need all that crap is it really worth anything ever?

Mine from NewEgg was in a box, but I ordered two. I'm not sure where it shipped from. I did order one from Best Buy though that was in an envelope and crushed.

Basically, I got paranoid since the SFIV Collector's Edition for PS3 sold out. It got backordered from Buy.com and GameCrazy got my preorder wrong (they gave me regular edition) so I ordered RE5 from different sources just to be sure I got it. Now I'll be returning the Best Buy shipment since they were crushed.

Alrighty well I got my CE package for ps3. Came in a sealed newegg box and yet the CE box was smashed pretty bad and in couple of corners. Lame- o well thats fine. Im just happy as hell I get to play this game now!

Wow...even though mine hasn't even shipped yet (got my order in late), I'm starting to feel better that I ordered this from DeepDiscount. I've always had good experiences with Newegg, but this seems to be a pretty widespread problem. I've NEVER received anything from DD that was not in a box (even a single DVD). Now the question is whether you guys get your replacements before I get my original order, haha. Timeliness is not exactly DD's forte.

Just got mine today and it was in good shape (came in a box), and it was shipped from CA. What I noticed is that the box is the type that the manufacturer ships the games is, since it still has a return address for Capcom as well as various orange colored "Release Date" stickers. I worked for CC back in the day and this is the same type of box that new release games and movies came shipped in. I also noticed that on the outside of the box it states QTY: 4, so they originally came 4 CE to a box. I'm guessing that since they're just re-using the boxes, you basically have a 1/4 chance at getting it shipped in a box instead of a bubble mailer. Also, the box's return address says ABS Computers, which is based in CA. From what I can tell because of this, it seems that Newegg itself isn't the shipping company. I have been buying stuff from Newegg for many years, so I found it kind of weird hearing all these horror stories since Newegg normally has great shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[shameless plug] I'm selling my new sealed copy for PS3 for $52 shipped. CML and send PM might not be able to send after Friday... [/shameless plug]

I told myself I wouldn't buy this game yet because I have tons of other games and I could wait for a price drop. Then my buddy called me and told me that he was buying it and I had to get it to play co-op with him.

Then I saw this thread....and I bit. My bank account hates you, CAG!

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Just got mine today and it was in good shape (came in a box), and it was shipped from CA. What I noticed is that the box is the type that the manufacturer ships the games is, since it still has a return address for Capcom as well as various orange colored "Release Date" stickers. I worked for CC back in the day and this is the same type of box that new release games and movies came shipped in. I also noticed that on the outside of the box it states QTY: 4, so they originally came 4 CE to a box. I'm guessing that since they're just re-using the boxes, you basically have a 1/4 chance at getting it shipped in a box instead of a bubble mailer. Also, the box's return address says ABS Computers, which is based in CA. From what I can tell because of this, it seems that Newegg itself isn't the shipping company. I have been buying stuff from Newegg for many years, so I found it kind of weird hearing all these horror stories since Newegg normally has great shipping.[/quote]

That would explain why my box was mushed in the corners despite being nicely cushioned in the box that arrived in excellent condition. However it wasn't a 1 in 4 chance of getting shipped in a box since mine didn't come in the same box. :bouncy:

Caved.

I have credit at BB but was unable to secure a copy (checked four none had a copy to buy).

This is $10 cheaper then walking into a Best Buy and buying a copy and I still don't have internet at my new place yet so I cannot play co-op yet so I don't mind waiting a few days hopefully I will be able to play this weekend best case.

Good deal for a week one game.

I got mine today; packed in paper, crushed, and part of the box was torn. Was the disk case supposed to be wrapped? Mine wasn't, and if it was supposed to, I'm sending it back for a replacement. Thanks!

[quote name='joestar3']I got mine today; packed in paper, crushed, and part of the box was torn. Was the disk case supposed to be wrapped? Mine wasn't, and if it was supposed to, I'm sending it back for a replacement. Thanks![/quote]

It tore through the box?! Which uncoordinated mofo handed that to you? That rally sucks... the steelbook case is suppose to be unwrapped... no slipcover or anything... the Xbox 360 version has a sticker on the steelbook case...

bread's done
Back