Resident Evil 5 $79.99 and $53.99 at NewEgg FREE SHIPPING

I received my CE very badly crushed. I suspect it happened while being packed rather than the shipping process. It arrived in a NewEgg box that had no damage, but it was overstuffed with packing paper. The guy that packed it had to have crammed the paper in on top of the game in order to tape the box shut. I was tempted to keep it but have decided to request an exchange. I don't want to open it to discover that the steelbook is dented or the figure is broken. I would never purchase something in this condition from a b&m store. No reason to accept it from a reputable e-tailer.

[quote name='ob1ob']I just requested an RMA. It looks like they expect me to pay $8.81 return shipping. That's BS.[/QUOTE]

If you talk to a live person, maybe you could work something out.

I did a live chat and the rep said that I had to open it check for damage because they could only file a claim for damage and not an RMA. There was no damage, but I expressed my dissastifaction at having a damaged box. She said she would make a one time exception and issue me a label. I may just live with it rather than take the chance of receiving one in worse shape.

[quote name='ob1ob']I did a live chat and the rep said that I had to open it check for damage because they could only file a claim for damage and not an RMA. There was no damage, but I expressed my dissastifaction at having a damaged box. She said she would make a one time exception and issue me a label. I may just live with it rather than take the chance of receiving one in worse shape.[/QUOTE]

You gotta told them that the box was part of the item. So of curse the item was damage.

They sent me a replacement without asking me to send back the damage one, so I got two copies.

Raymond, you make a good point. I guess the box is part of the item, especially for picky people like myself. The damaged box seemed trivial after I opened it and found the contents to be OK. But I went out today and saw some RE 5 CE's on the shelf in good shape and it made me feel unhappy about my crushed one. Since I received a UPS label, I might as well send it in for a replacement.

i didn't order the game from newegg but i am surprised they are shipping these items out so poorly. Ive been ordering from them since 2002, never bought video games from them but rather expensive computer equipment and it always arrived fine.

I'm surprised to hear NewEgg is shipping the CE editions in bags. I got the regular edition from them on day 1 w/ in a shipping box.

[quote name='ob1ob']I just requested an RMA. It looks like they expect me to pay $8.81 return shipping. That's BS.[/QUOTE]

Damn, sorry to hear that. They took care of all that for me...

[quote name='mrbill187']i didn't order the game from newegg but i am surprised they are shipping these items out so poorly. Ive been ordering from them since 2002, never bought video games from them but rather expensive computer equipment and it always arrived fine.[/QUOTE]

i've also had nothing but positive shipping experiences with newegg (bought a HDtv from them a couple years back) so it is disappointing to hear of shipping problems.. hopefully it's not another sign of the times of struggling retailers!

[quote name='Raymond']I just got my replacement, and it was shipped inside a bag again. How fucking retarded. Crushed again.[/quote]
This is what I'm worried about and why I almost kept the first one they sent me. I wonder if there is way to request them to carefully package it in a box. Seems ridiculous since it's being RMA'd for damage in the first place.

I have also never had problems with Newegg in the past, but this is the first time I have purchased anything besides a PC part from them.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, sorry to hear that. They took care of all that for me...[/quote]

I did end up getting a free UPS label after a live chat. She wasn't going to give one unless I opened the crushed box and found damage to the contents. I opened it and everthing inside was fine, but she made an exception for me when I said that I was still unhappy about the condition I received it in. I think my problem was that I stated "Unsatisfied" as my reason for requesting an exchange. I probably should have put that it was damaged.

At least Newegg should be able to offer refunds on unopened merchandise, but they are one of the few retailers I know of that doesn't. They will only do exchanges.

[quote name='Raymond']I just got my replacement, and it was shipped inside a bag again. How fucking retarded. Crushed again.[/quote]

Dang, that's ghei... BestBuy.com does the same thing too with theirs being that RE5CE comes in a bubble envelope which caused the product's box to be crushed during delivery most likely... there's some horror pictures in the link below... what's more horrifying than a crushed box? Read the thread and find out! Be warned because the images you see may be disturbing! Sorry, I just had to do that...

http://forums.bestbuy.com/bb/board/message?board.id=Dotcom&message.id=357

I planned this luckily since reading that thread... I bought a copy in-store pickup not only because I couldn't wait for it to come in, but because I expected it to come in the way it did. I returned the one which came in today. It was crushed and returning it will be questionable to the customer service. But the guy took it back with the receipt I bought in-store pickup. Really cool guy. He had to open the product though to check the items inside which will suck for the next guy if there's going to be one. He was cool though seems like a guy who would make a great friend to have. BB.com did send my on deal Transformers Blu-ray in a cardboard recently like Amazon usually does so I thought BB.com learned the proper packing method. Why didn't they do that here... sheesh... I try to avoid BB.com because a year ago or so they sent my steelbook DMC4CE in a yellow bubble envelope and it had a dent! Good Gawd! These shipment facilities need to know that the bubble padding isn't enough!!!

edit:
I forgot to mention, there was another copy of RE5CE on the shelf, but it was squeezed up by those wires that are attached to those alarms to prevent theft... poor box...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back