Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

[quote name='foltzie']A question of my own... Does anyone know if Sheva's kills count towards the end of level rankings?[/quote]From my experience, the more enemies she kills negatively affects your ranking in a level and doesn't count towards your total kill count. I may be wrong though, but that's what I always thought was right.

Well that is a wrap on Pro and the last of the achievements. I may or may not give Mercenaries a go (I was never a fan of the side game). Shame there isnt a side mission like there was with Ada, although I could give the game a go as Sheva.

My Sheva must be different. I am on 6-2 against the mutated boss, and still having pains. Gave Sheva the Handcanon and she still doesn't shoot nearly at all. She just dies.

[quote name='kylerg']My Sheva must be different. I am on 6-2 against the mutated boss, and still having pains. Gave Sheva the Handcanon and she still doesn't shoot nearly at all. She just dies.[/QUOTE]

I have Sheva on Cover with just a Magnum and Bow (w/quiver). She sometimes dies, but far less that I do when I'm playing on Pro.

Yeah, Sheva didn't die too much for me. My biggest problem on Pro was her refusal to heal me, even if she was right next to me. Yeah, you obviously die pretty quick on Pro, but there were times when she was seriously touching Chris and did not help him.

[quote name='kylerg']I like it when I use a herb to heal myself, and she runs over and wastes one too.[/QUOTE]

Then why do you let her have the herbs?*

*Note I think that the Sheva AI should be more nuanced when offering herb help, but when I realized she was more liberal than I, I immediately removed all herbs from her possession and gave her extra ammo.

This is true at least for the Amateur and Normal levels, once I hit Veteran and Pro it didnt seem to matter. Hits take so much life at that level that it doesnt matter if she is quick on the heal, I always needed it to be safe.

Oh I don't let her get herbs. If she happens to have any, or steal a crate before I get there. She is just a really poor AI. At least for me, others seem to have no problem with her. Beat it Pro just now, Wesker at the end was cake with the Handcanon. I feel like I missed out a lot though, since none of my friends bought it for co-op. Been solo only.

Some how I managed to miss a few treasures and bsaa emblems. Hrm. Got a few more things left to do in the game anyways. :)

[quote name='Ma12kez']From my experience, the more enemies she kills negatively affects your ranking in a level and doesn't count towards your total kill count. I may be wrong though, but that's what I always thought was right.[/quote]

Her kills negatively affect your ranking only in that she's stealing kills that you could be getting yourself (and adding towards your level kill count). Otherwise, it doesn't have a negative impact on your score directly.

I know the game is still relatively new, but I'm really hoping they announce some DLC that actually expands on the game soon.
It would be awesome to play an alternate mission as Josh or Jill that happened behind the scenes during the main game. Like showing how Jill met up with Josh, or how they got the helicopter and having to fight hordes of enemies in the process

[quote name='Dan Novak']I know the game is still relatively new, but I'm really hoping they announce some DLC that actually expands on the game soon.
It would be awesome to play an alternate mission as Josh or Jill that happened behind the scenes during the main game. Like showing how Jill met up with Josh, or how they got the helicopter and having to fight hordes of enemies in the process
[/quote]

Like Ada's story? Hmm I like this idea.

a better DLC in my opinion would be

-Play as Chris and Jill before the events of Resident Evil 5 leading up to their encounter with Wesker, and Jill's supposed "death"

-New Survival Mode with 4 player support for online where you try to survive against endless waves or majini's and bosses in 5 different types of modes. All 4 players must work together to stay alive.

Amateur - Survive for 10 minutes until extraction
Normal - Survive for 20 minutes until extraction
Veteran - Survive for 30 minutes until extraction
Professional - Survive for 1 hour until extraction
Impossible - Survive for as long as you can with NO extraction

Scores would be posted for Impossible to see what player(s) survived the longest in the world.

[quote name='tenzor']a better DLC in my opinion would be

-Play as Chris and Jill before the events of Resident Evil 5 leading up to their encounter with Wesker, and Jill's supposed "death"

-New Survival Mode with 4 player support for online where you try to survive against endless waves or majini's and bosses in 5 different types of modes. All 4 players must work together to stay alive.

Amateur - Survive for 10 minutes until extraction
Normal - Survive for 20 minutes until extraction
Veteran - Survive for 30 minutes until extraction
Professional - Survive for 1 hour until extraction
Impossible - Survive for as long as you can with NO extraction

Scores would be posted for Impossible to see what player(s) survived the longest in the world.
[/quote]

Now that's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 hour wait til while you are getting mobbed!! :hot: Limited ammo!?!?!?!

[quote name='Ma12kez']I wouldn't be surprised if they added a version of "Separate Ways" to this game.[/quote]

Yea that's what I am thinking, there will be a Jill's Separate Ways where she does stuff that eventually leads her to tracking down Chris.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Now that's insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 hour wait til while you are getting mobbed!! :hot: Limited ammo!?!?!?!

Yea that's what I am thinking, there will be a Jill's Separate Ways where she does stuff that eventually leads her to tracking down Chris.[/quote]

well they could make the handgun unlimited ammo, and ammo and health would drop when enemies are killed. Boss kills could drop new weapons. I just think it would be a perfect way to have 4 player co-op in a resident evil type game.

I made a ton of progress last night. I only have 6-1 and 6-3 left to finish on Veteran. By default I'm also going to get the unlimited rocket launcher unless these two chapters take me over an hour to complete.

I figured something out last night that helped me a ton which is probably obvious but hey I'm a bit slow. Anyway, I unlocked the infinite Magnum (the one the looks like a revolver/six-shooter) and it was making life easier but Sheva was still kind of useless. Then I had the bright idea to buy her the same gun and upgrade it - it also has unlimited ammo! Now we both have it and she is picking dudes off left and right.

I should finish Veteran tonight. I might also get the 'S' ranks on everything too - I have 2 or 3 more to get. Then all I'd have left is the "All Treasures" and "Professional" achievements to go. I'm getting a ton of miles out of a game that didn't really impress me but for some strange reason I can't stop playing.

[quote name='javeryh']I figured something out last night that helped me a ton which is probably obvious but hey I'm a bit slow. Anyway, I unlocked the infinite Magnum (the one the looks like a revolver/six-shooter) and it was making life easier but Sheva was still kind of useless. Then I had the bright idea to buy her the same gun and upgrade it - it also has unlimited ammo! Now we both have it and she is picking dudes off left and right.

I should finish Veteran tonight. I might also get the 'S' ranks on everything too - I have 2 or 3 more to get. Then all I'd have left is the "All Treasures" and "Professional" achievements to go. I'm getting a ton of miles out of a game that didn't really impress me but for some strange reason I can't stop playing.[/QUOTE]

Basically in the same boat only one difficulty lower. Although using the unlimted ammo H&K MP5 is killing my weapons accuracy keeping me from getting S ranks. Decided to buy two Lightning Hawk Magnums and now have them fully upgraded. Tonight I should have enough exchange points to unlock unlimited ammo for those.

If anyone wants to play Mercenaries or story modes send a friend request. Don't expect a killing machine though. I just play for fun.

[quote name='TC']
If anyone wants to play Mercenaries or story modes send a friend request. Don't expect a killing machine though. I just play for fun.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand those people who take all the fun out of the game when you joint. I've joined about four different games on Normal or Veteran where they either have a Gatling gun or unlimited rocket launcher and are complete a-holes if you're not a perfect shot and literally at their side at all times, while they spray ammo like water cuz 'I gotz the ultra gunz lol' That's why I only play online with people I know so I can actually enjoy the game. I even got kicked out of matches because I was trying to shoot emblems or get treasures, and no this wasn't in professional mode either.

I'm still playing... barely. I have 4 more treasures to get and a couple more Chapters to get the 'S' ranking on. I want to finish this up by the end of this weekend and move on to something else. There's no chance of me playing through on Professional.

[quote name='TC']Anyone still play Mercenaries Duo Mode?[/quote]
I still play about an hour or two every day. Can't believe I'm up to 108 hours of play time for this game. Anyone that needs help or a partner just let me know and I'll lend a hand if I'm not already playing something else.

What's the situation with the save files? I heard on some podcast that the Xbox version corrupts them all the time-possibly related to the game screwing up and doing a Japanese save or something.

I originally was going to get the Playstation version, partially since I have the entire rest of the series on Playstaion, and I figured it would probably look and play a bit better. But then I hear the saves can't be copied to another system/backed up (what the hell?!?) so I figure I'd end up with the Xbox version...only then I hear the Xbox one corrupts them. AAAH!

Not even sure I'm going to like the game, given that I love the Resident Evil series, and all the changes they made sound terrible.

I played a few minutes of the demo though, and it seemed pretty good, but seemed like Dino Crisis 2, not Resident Evil. I love Dino Crysis 2, but...

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's the situation with the save files? I heard on some podcast that the Xbox version corrupts them all the time-possibly related to the game screwing up and doing a Japanese save or something.

I originally was going to get the Playstation version, partially since I have the entire rest of the series on Playstaion, and I figured it would probably look and play a bit better. But then I hear the saves can't be copied to another system/backed up (what the hell?!?) so I figure I'd end up with the Xbox version...only then I hear the Xbox one corrupts them. AAAH!

Not even sure I'm going to like the game, given that I love the Resident Evil series, and all the changes they made sound terrible.

I played a few minutes of the demo though, and it seemed pretty good, but seemed like Dino Crisis 2, not Resident Evil. I love Dino Crysis 2, but...[/quote]

Not really sure what the situation is with the xbox360 save files, but the ps3 is definitely locked to the machine.

As for the game, yes, it's a lot more Dino Crisis 2, and not so much Resident Evil. Any scares (if at all) come from being overwhelmed by enemies, and not necessarily by being scared due to the game's audio/visuals/etc.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's the situation with the save files? I heard on some podcast that the Xbox version corrupts them all the time-possibly related to the game screwing up and doing a Japanese save or something.[/quote]From my experience, I haven't had any corrupt files whatsoever. The only thing I have found weird (maybe related to your Japanese save question) was that when I check my hard drive under games it is listed as "Biohazard 5," and when I open the folder it says "Resident Evil 5 game save data." Other than that, everything loads fine and there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary so I have no idea what that podcast was referring to.

Huh, weird. I think it was CheapyD saying the connection seemed to be when your save file says something about Biohazard, that meaning it's going to corrupt it or that it won't read it or something, but maybe that's not the connection :whistle2:/

If anyone still plays Mercenaries or the Versus DLC, I'm looking for a partner to play those modes with every now and then. I'm tired of playing with random people who never use their mics.

I'd probably be interested in popping that back in within the next week. I'll have to find and dust off my mic, though. Definitely wanna try to get those team achievements and would prefer to win a decent percentage so I don't have to play forever.

After hearing about Normal mode being too easy in various Reviews and other Player feedback, I decided to tackle it on Veteran on my first playthrough. The boss fights were definitely tough.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=ResidentEvil5-FirstPlaythrough.jpg

Very enjoyable game, think I'll try Mercenaries next, then Game+ mode on Normal with Sheva.

This game has a lot of replay value. I'll go back for the BSAA emblems, think I only got 17 out of 30 initially. The shooting is very well done, it feels damn powerful firing off rounds into Majinis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody still playing this game? I finally got back to it after about a 3 month hiatus, and my buddy who usually plays with me doesn't have a 360 anymore. I have two more pre-DLC achievements to obtain, and then I'm going to try out the DLC. Anybody want to play the last chapter on Professional with me?

Does anyone have any spare rotten eggs/ammo that they don't mind duping to me? I almost platniumed this game on PS3 but got it again for 360, but don't feel like going through all the trouble to get maxed weapons again. If you can it would be great :D

I am looking to boost for the versus achievements on this game. I've been trying to get points to buy all the versus characters but still need like 90,000 points. I'd like to get 4 of us together and just take turns letting each other kill on the zombies, it should be pretty easy to get the achievements that way. I"m not even trying to play legit cause it'd be a pain in the ass against another team.

I eventually just gave up on the MP achievements. Just felt like busy work. I'm missing three of the four victory achievements and the 40 combo in Team Slayers.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I eventually just gave up on the MP achievements. Just felt like busy work. I'm missing three of the four victory achievements and the 40 combo in Team Slayers.[/QUOTE]

Well they're all doable and just take some time. With boosting it would still take a while and makes the combo/score achievements really easy. I just realized you get bonus features points in versus, so I guess I'll just use bow Sheva in versus to unlock the Weskers.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Does anyone have any Rotten Eggs I may dupe with you?[/QUOTE]

I run into those all the time, you should find them easily just playing through the game, I find them in versus matches and everything, although I'm not sure if you can use the ones you find in versus.

[quote name='freshzen']I run into those all the time, you should find them easily just playing through the game, I find them in versus matches and everything, although I'm not sure if you can use the ones you find in versus.[/QUOTE]

I'm just trying to dupe them and max out on them so I can get enough to fully upgrade all my weapons. I already played through the legit way on the PS3, just looking to get this for fun if someone can help.

i like how it's in a bright environment. that's going to be pretty cool.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Does anyone have any Rotten Eggs I may dupe with you?[/QUOTE]

Depending on when you'll be online, I'll help you out.

You've just gotta explain how the duping process works :)

[quote name='freshzen']Well they're all doable and just take some time.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's why I called them "busy work." Like when we were in elementary school, and the teacher would give you a ton of work sheets, so she could do something at her desk. Nothing on them was hard. It was just to shut you up and keep you busy. That's what these "achievements" feel like.

[quote name='eatntae']Depending on when you'll be online, I'll help you out.

You've just gotta explain how the duping process works :)[/QUOTE]

Send me an add, and I'll gladly explain. I'll even explain here if anything, seeing it as it's more of a cheat than a hack. So when we get on, I will have to make a game and invite you, and on the equipment screen, basically just drop all your items you want to dupe to me, just give them to me, and than just DC by unplugging your ethernet cable so it will bring me back to my own screen.

ive put this game on pause because i just started playing dead space. dead space is proving to be the better game for me. but we'll see when i finish both games

[quote name='letmein23']ive put this game on pause because i just started playing dead space. dead space is proving to be the better game for me. but we'll see when i finish both games[/QUOTE]

I love Resident Evil to death [no pun intended], so please don't think I'm thread dumping, because I even played through RE5 twice, first with Chris then with Sheva. Immediately afterwards, I switched over to Dead Space, and asked myself why I waited this long?

Here's the irony, I paid $90 in trade-in credits for the Collector's Edition of RE5, and logged around 48 hours for both playthroughs.

I paid $18 for Dead Space, got the art book for free, and so far logged around 12 hours and in the middle of Chapter 5.

Dead Space was what I wanted out of Resident Evil 5. Resident Evil 5 is practically Army of Two with the Resident Evil license slapped on. oye!

Well I finally got Resident Evil 5; I know it's late, but if anyone wants to partner up to run through co-op, I'd definitely be down.

I loved RE4 and was really good at it, but I'm having trouble controlling 5 right now, so it'd help if you had some experience with the game :lol:

PM me or send me a message on XBL if you'd like to play; I'm usually free whenever

[quote name='lolwut?']I loved RE4 and was really good at it, but I'm having trouble controlling 5 right now, so it'd help if you had some experience with the game :lol:[/QUOTE]

Since you're a RE4 vet; do not use the default controller layout on RE5, which I think is D. The mirror of RE4 layout, I think, is B which will help you adjust and feel right at home. layout C, I think, is a mix of B and D, mostly B but with side-step abilities of D. I played on C layout.

Setting up your controller layout correctly from the start is key. This determines how comfortable and intuitive you'll feel during navigation/exploration and enemy encounters. Nothing kills a good game faster than poor controls/control setups.

Good luck on your adventure! *spoiler free* >> once you get to a certain area, take the time to read the back stories. :)

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Since you're a RE4 vet; do not use the default controller layout on RE5, which I think is D. The mirror of RE4 layout, I think, is B which will help you adjust and feel right at home. layout C, I think, is a mix of B and D, mostly B but with side-step abilities of D. I played on C layout.

Setting up your controller layout correctly from the start is key. This determines how comfortable and intuitive you'll feel during navigation/exploration and enemy encounters. Nothing kills a good game faster than poor controls/control setups.

Good luck on your adventure! *spoiler free* >> once you get to a certain area, take the time to read the back stories. :)[/QUOTE]

I did switch the controls (to C I think), but it's still awkward. Using the Gamecube controller, I was able to shift the camera around while I ran with ease. I think it was because the C-Stick was so small and the A button was so big that I could do both at once.

With the 360 controller I have to hold it in this awkward position to even do that. Regardless, it's not myself I'm worried about, but my partner's. She's always running out of ammo and getting her ass kicked, and I'm only playing on Normal.

[quote name='lolwut?']I did switch the controls (to C I think), but it's still awkward. Using the Gamecube controller, I was able to shift the camera around while I ran with ease. I think it was because the C-Stick was so small and the A button was so big that I could do both at once.

With the 360 controller I have to hold it in this awkward position to even do that. Regardless, it's not myself I'm worried about, but my partner's. She's always running out of ammo and getting her ass kicked, and I'm only playing on Normal.[/QUOTE]

Buy her the stun stick ASAP and disarm her otherwise.

[quote name='foltzie']Buy her the stun stick ASAP and disarm her otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Haha, will do. Apparently she doesn't understand the concept of headshots, or killing the lone "zombie" with your knife and saving the ammo.

bread's done
Back