Resident Evil 5 Gold Ed. (PS3/360) $39.99 at Amazon

I think that price for the PS3 is gonna be steady since that edition is compatible with PS Move. $20 after using my coupon but not sure about pulling that trigger.

[quote name='hellboypi']$30 at Best Buy next week.[/QUOTE]If Amazon matches that price, it'll be win-win for anyone with a gaming credit from Halo Reach or some other game.

[quote name='hellboypi']$30 at Best Buy next week.[/QUOTE]
Has this been confirmed? If so, I'll wait.

I want to get two copies so my brother and I can play co-op with the PS Move. Two copies for the price of one is pretty good.

I'm assuming (hoping) this price drop is an indication of better things to come from Amazon with the Best Buy Gold Edition deal on the horizon. Just thought I'd call attention to it, though it may be universal what with Dead Rising 2 approaching.

[quote name='Awcrap']Has this been confirmed? If so, I'll wait.
[/QUOTE]

Visit the fine folks over at that other forum who Talk about DVD's for the ad scan.8;)E

Does anyone know if the Best Buy version already has the Move code on the disc? I noticed there is a Move logo pictured on the case in the ad and I was wondering if this is in fact a new version of the Gold Edition or just the same version with a new piece of art on the cover.

I'm fairly sure ALL Gold edition copies are Move-capable, though there will undoubtedly be a necessary update.

As far as the move logo goes, could be just a sticker they threw on the shrinkwrap to say "hey this works with move, yay!"

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Are the extra levels still on sale on Live?[/QUOTE]

That was last week. For 800pts I bought the two new campaign missions, the costume packs, and the versus mode. I figured it would save some money so I wouldn't have to buy the gold ed. I think the Gold version has more costume packs or something, but who cares?

[quote name='shrike4242']If Amazon matches that price, it'll be win-win for anyone with a gaming credit from Halo Reach or some other game.[/QUOTE]

There's so many better, and new games coming out that could be pre-ordered, though.

What is the best buy deal supposed to be? I'm thinking of picking up PS3 version to play with Move, but $39.99 still seems too high for a game this old.

Not gonna get burned again on any 'Gold' or 'GOTY' editions that don't include the DLC on the disc ever again....I'm looking at you Call of Duty 4.

[quote name='Ionotropic']What is the best buy deal supposed to be? I'm thinking of picking up PS3 version to play with Move, but $39.99 still seems too high for a game this old.[/QUOTE]

$29.99 PS3 gold edition in next week's ad as part of their Move sale.

[quote name='hellboypi']$30 at Best Buy next week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm not too interested in the game but $30 might be a decent price since I can play it in both Move and regular fashion.

What's "Move"? Are you guys talking about Movement? :evil:

I STILL want this game but am pissed off the Xbox version doesn't actually include the extra content, just some code. Seriously Capcom? You can't include a disc?

One of these days...

[quote name='bojay1997']Does anyone know if the Best Buy version already has the Move code on the disc? I noticed there is a Move logo pictured on the case in the ad and I was wondering if this is in fact a new version of the Gold Edition or just the same version with a new piece of art on the cover.[/QUOTE]
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/18/resident-evil-5s-move-patch-available-september-19/

Far as I understand long as you have Gold Edition there will be an update and that's it. Doesn't matter if you bought it on release date or buy it next week. Can't seem to find the ad on the forums at the moment but far as the logo on the case its probably just Sony making people well aware of what Move will work with and if you see more Move logos people will probably be more inclined to buy it.

Working BB last xmas I had an onslaught on Motion Plus questions even though its on the case of the games it works with. Least with the Move logo its always in the same place and clearly labeled unlike 'work with motion plus' which is always in some random and inconvenient place.

[quote name='youngavatar']just a reminder to people getting the xbox version that you get a download voucher so you need xbox live to play the dlc.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you don't need Xbox Live Gold to play the DLC. You need Xbox Live Silver (which is free) to connect to Microsoft's server, go to Redeem Code and enter the code in the voucher, and start the download process.

Once it's downloaded, you don't have to ever connect to Xbox Live to play (in other words, the content can be accessed offline).

I don't recall the site, but what I'd read was that RE5 Gold's released previously will require a patch for Move, but they'll work (unlike regular RE5's). The sticker is denoting a disc that will not require any patch for Move to work with it.

As for the DLC, that's not something I know about.

I'd prefer to get this for $20, but I'll think over the $30 BB will have it for next week. There's a reason some of us end up with massive backlogs, afterall.

So I just got this from Gamestop for $39.99. The patch has already been released and now works with Move. I don't like it though since I beat the game like 10x already. Doesn't add THAT MUCH. Actually quite frustrating.

[quote name='Ionotropic'] I'm thinking of picking up PS3 version to play with Move, but $39.99 still seems too high for a game this old.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you. I honestly can't believe this game isn't $20 by now.

so you gotta have gold only to use the move? That's has to be the stupidest move ever, what about people with RE 5 only who has the dlc?

[quote name='Jodou']Hopefully BB posts my $10 from the Demon's Souls snafu this week, otherwise I might have to settle for Amazon. Actually, it'll probably $20 during the holidaze.[/QUOTE]Go to your rewards zone account right now. The points that best buy gave you should be there. I called best buy friday night after learning about the demon's souls coupon thing, and they gave me 500 points, and saturday morning it was there. I bought playstation move with that $10 coupon plus another $10 coupon I already had for a total of $29.99. You definitely want to go to your view certificate page at reward zone. NOW!

[quote name='icqpimp']Go to your rewards zone account right now. The points that best buy gave you should be there. I called best buy friday night after learning about the demon's souls coupon thing, and they gave me 500 points, and saturday morning it was there. I bought playstation move with that $10 coupon plus another $10 coupon I already had for a total of $29.99. You definitely want to go to your view certificate page at reward zone. NOW![/QUOTE]
Nope, it's not there yet. Not even pending, but I do see a message saying I received 500 bonus points recently on some status tab.

bread's done
Back