Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 $35.99 Toys R Us B&M

gusruck

CAG Veteran
Newbie here so please be gentle.

Toys R Us B&M currently has Resident Evil 5 on sale for $39.99 through 7/14. Use this weeks coupon for 10% off any video game (found on Toys R Us homepage) to bring the overall price down to $35.99 + Tax. IMO good price for a recently released game with good reviews.

Other games on sale.. Skate 2 $39.99, F.E.A.R. 2 $29.99, Prince of Persia $19.99.. I imagine any of these can be combined with the 10% off coupon.

There was no printed advertisement for this sale. Also, it is not listed online. I saw it in 2 separate Toys R Us's though (1 in Rochester, NY the other out on Long Island) so it appears to be a national sale.

Unfortunately since there is no printed advertisement it will be really difficult to PM anywhere.

Great deal for RE5. It's such a killer game....one of the year's best, for sure.

Also a good price for FEAR 2, which I really liked.

Good price, I must say that I first thought you meant the console which made me think this was some ridiculously bad joke thread, but I'm just crazy I guess. :p

Alternate Title: General Bitching Thread.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I was just at the store in Sugar Land, TX. As of 8:55 PM the price for RE5 was $59. The sale is apparently not nationwide. I'd really like to get that game.

[quote name='riddler']are those only for the 360 versions ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ditto. The 360 Resident Evil 5 one has save corruption.

I have no idea which platform (if either) Fear 2 is better on, but I'd like that game too.

[quote name='cylonkiller']I was just at the store in Sugar Land, TX. As of 8:55 PM the price for RE5 was $59. The sale is apparently not nationwide. I'd really like to get that game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's local. My wife posts the prices at the local TRU and she has heard nothing of any of this. So I'd say it's pretty safely YMMV.

[quote name='VegaVegas']Dang this is cheap, but if there's a save corruption... hm... i dunno.
151l1259.jpg
[/QUOTE]

what save corruption? I've had the 360 version of RE5 since release and never had a single issue.

[quote name='kidrocklive']what save corruption? I've had the 360 version of RE5 since release and never had a single issue.[/QUOTE]

It's a known bug they talked about in the relevant threads. Heck, CheapyD even talked about it on the podcast. Apparently you can possibly make it through a game without losing everything, but personally I'm not starting a game I know there's a great chance I'll lose my data on.

So I skipped that version, and then the Playstation version's saves are locked to the console, although that's been patched out after people complained (not sure if they patched it out for Street Fighter 4 though).

Picked one up at San Mateo, CA since it's the closest Toys R Us near San Francisco. Used 10% coupon as well. Plenty of copies behind counter. Great deal.

can anyone confirm this in the southern california area? i've been waiting for a price drop on this game and unfortunately my car's in the shop so i can't go and check myself at the moment.

Thanks for posting this! I was able to get RE5 at the Torrance, CA store for $35.99 plus tax after using the 10% off coupon.

No luck for me at the one in Olathe, KS :( They did however have de Blob on sale for $19.99 so I bought it instead with the 10% off coupon. Been meaning to pick it up anyway.

Grabbed this deal in SoCal store. Same promo working for Street Fighter IV (I opened a new thread). There could be other games that are $20 off.

[quote name='cylonkiller']I was just at the store in Sugar Land, TX. As of 8:55 PM the price for RE5 was $59. The sale is apparently not nationwide. I'd really like to get that game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's local. My wife posts the prices at the local TRU and she has heard nothing of any of this. So I'd say it's pretty safely YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's local. I went to the one at Seattle, WA earlier today. It did say 59.99 on the shelves. However, I asked the store employee to scan it anyway and see if it's on sale and found out that it is on sale.

So after an instant $20 off and 10% discount coupon printed off the website, it did come down to $35.99.

So perhaps YMMV, but be sure to ask the store employee to scan it before giving up.

just picked this up at the sugar land, tx store so if it didn't work then its working now.

Also, good in bridgewater NJ. Employee told me it was 59.99 up until she scanned it. Thanks OP!

Edit: At least 5 copies left at my store

This isn't a bad price for the game, but I think I'll wait till at least 29.99 for when I pick it up. Thought I'd just say great post OP!!

[quote name='n10sityr']Picked one up at San Mateo, CA since it's the closest Toys R Us near San Francisco. Used 10% coupon as well. Plenty of copies behind counter. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Picked one up from San Mateo store right before they closed last night.

?

Someone posted about picking it up yesterday. If this is in fact a weekly deal, than the deal would actually end today. Not sure how long the stores are open on the 4th, but you might still get lucky. Not sure if the coupon can be used today...that is definitely YMMV.

Just read about this deal yesterday and went ahead and bought a copy for $38 here in Vegas. Just the price I was looking to pay for this game. :)

BTW I bought my copy at the TRU in Henderson. I think they had one copy left in the case if anyone is planning on going there.

bread's done
Back