Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='K_G']MS and retailers like Best Buy aren't interested in just making/selling 5K or 10K of something...it is too much bother for them to stock and supply something that only going to sell that little. And its worth noting that amazon limits buyers to something like 3 RE5 bundles per 30 days, so that makes it sound pretty unlikely that there is just going to be one shipment of them and that will be it. As long as there is demand for it, MS and Capcom have ZERO reason to try to limit sales of this package[/QUOTE]

Well MS has one again in that they already have a crapton of old $400 systems that no one with any sense is buying right now. Same with the stores, this is much less profitable then selling a system with no games or a mediocre holiday bundle and then selling RE5 with it.

I will be brining back in my "broken" arcade with the warrenty to Best Buy and prolly upgrading to this. I needed a bigger HD anyway and was looking at the 120gb one anyway. So once I sell RE5 to my brother for 50$ and get another warrenty placed on it (Have CE pre-ordered) it will cost me the same as the 120gb HD to upgrade. Not to mention me getting rid of all the old accesories I have for my arcade.

Looks a little pink, but i'm pretty sure thats the picture as seeing how they have red control out with a nice ass red. I can't wait! This is going to be great!

Most likely the actual console will probably look better than the picture. I say this because in the pictures of the Black Elite, it's actually black, while in reality the Elite has a lighter shade. (I would have personally prefer the true black)

Also, wasn't the Halo edition 360 $200 at Hot Topic recently?

This really is a good deal, this RE bundle. As someone mentions, it blows away that rip-off Halo edition bundle.

I just hate the color. I saw a red controller in-store the other day and GEEZ is it ugly. Even if it were blue, maybe.

But white is just so classy looking. I LOVE how the system/controller look in white.

I went to a couple of Gamestops & they pulled the signage for this bundle. They said they were done taking pre-orders. A friend of mine wanted to pre-order but will have to try online.

I got a pre-order in, but they are still being sold on Amazon, so I don't think this is as limited as I may have hoped.

GameStop wouldn't let me preorder last night. And my girlfriend also told me they wouldn't let her place a preorder on it a few days ago.

Will have to go back to Hollywood Video because they had preorder signs up.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Will have to go back to Hollywood Video because they had preorder signs up.[/quote]

We can still preorder it in our systems, but a memo was sent out saying that any preorders taken after Wednesday March 4th will not be guaranteed a system. All orders have been placed with the manufacturer from Gamestop and Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, that's why preorders cannot be guaranteed.

Guys, will it be hard to find if you dont pre order it?
Gamestop isnt taking any more pre orders.
(I want to use my store credit)

They told me they are only getting shipment to full fill the pre orders.
Im planing to call some stores on March 13 to see if I can get one.

[quote name='Scorch']We can still preorder it in our systems, but a memo was sent out saying that any preorders taken after Wednesday March 4th will not be guaranteed a system. All orders have been placed with the manufacturer from Gamestop and Hollywood Video/GameCrazy, that's why preorders cannot be guaranteed.[/quote]

I was told by the GameStop employee that my only chance (since I waited too long) would be to go to the Wal*Mart or Target next door and get there first thing in the morning and try to get one.

But thanks for that info, I probably won't bother with HWV. I don't really need one, but I want one. So I'll probably just check walmart and target.

Someone will probaly cancel. You'll get one. Just make sure you have your money or credit when the time comes. Even if it takes a few days. I'm going to the Midnight launch for mine. Just gotta wait for Thursday night. Its getting close.

Anyone know if Best Buy is doing any midnight openings for this? (besides the big one in PA?)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mythus']this is great, a system that will match the ring of death =P. microsoft keeping it stylish[/quote]

ahhh hahahaahhhhaahahahahah

So how limited is this going to be. I had been waiting for Dell to list it since they have those deals on consoles recently. I don't know whether to order one now or not. Money is kind of tight and I already have a 360, but it is a 20gb version without hdmi that was a refurbished replacement from Microsoft after my original 360 died.

No one knows, although it really points to a false buildup of demand-- if it was really limited, they'd say "This is limited to 10000 consoles" or whatever... which they haven't... it'll probably be in short supply on Friday (since it's something new, and many stores are probably a bit hesitant about ordering new models of the most expensive Xbox which doesn't sell well, "limited edition" or not) but stores will most likely restock.

That said, I'm not going to gamble but nothing that is happening with this unit makes me think you're out of luck if you don't get one on Friday... just keep your eyes open (and it's quite likely Dell may not even stock this one)

[quote name='bsesb2003']On one of the gamer podcasts, a rumor was that the Elite's will be limited to various Limited Editions.[/QUOTE]

That shows a fair amount of confdence in your release schedule, but I guess MS should have that at this point.

What are the chances of the bundle having a discount between now and it's release on amazon? I pre-ordered it, but amazon has a price cut guarantee if it ever does drop before it's release.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']What are the chances of the bundle having a discount between now and it's release on amazon? I pre-ordered it, but amazon has a price cut guarantee if it ever does drop before it's release.[/QUOTE]

Zero. This is MSRP and in relatively high demand (I think I saw it was #43 overall in videogame sales on Amazon). There's no reason to give a discount.

[quote name='Justin42']Zero. This is MSRP and in relatively high demand (I think I saw it was #43 overall in videogame sales on Amazon). There's no reason to give a discount.[/quote]

...so amazon's price order price guarantee is pretty much worthless then..

The Best Buy flier for this week states "minimum of 6 per store." I work like 5 minutes from one, so on Friday I'll be heading there a bit before it opens to try and grab one.

[quote name='mva5580']The Best Buy flier for this week states "minimum of 6 per store." I work like 5 minutes from one, so on Friday I'll be heading there a bit before it opens to try and grab one.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Good luck pal, I heard from a friend, that some of the staff already claimed them in some of the stores :(

Saint

people act as if these are going to be "super rare." I mean people did the same thing when the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition came out. I literally saw 4-5 on ebay over a period of around 3 weeks go for $400+ when EA had them in stock for $150 on their website w/ free shipping.

Even IF there was say...200,000 units of this package getting made, i doubt that many people are going to spend $400 to upgrade their system when most either DO NOT need another xbox, or already have one in perfect working condition.

Sure, i am one of the one's who is cringing on this deal as well. But i have a perfectly working system, and $400 is a lotta spare change lol :roll:

there should be plenty of these in stock to go around

Fact of the matter is, we can speculate day and night. Guess we will find out in a weeks time, whether these systems are truly limited, wont we?

[quote name='jcp42877']people act as if these are going to be "super rare." I mean people did the same thing when the Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition came out. I literally saw 4-5 on ebay over a period of around 3 weeks go for $400+ when EA had them in stock for $150 on their website w/ free shipping.

Even IF there was say...200,000 units of this package getting made, i doubt that many people are going to spend $400 to upgrade their system when most either DO NOT need another xbox, or already have one in perfect working condition.

Sure, i am one of the one's who is cringing on this deal as well. But i have a perfectly working system, and $400 is a lotta spare change lol :roll:

there should be plenty of these in stock to go around[/quote]

This isn't the same case as the Dead Space LE. This will be pretty sought after considering A) It includes a copy of RE5 and SFIIHDR with no mark up in price over an Xbox 360 Elite sku (essentially $75 in value). B) Microsoft intends to discontinue the Elite sku in the near future, which means the only way to get an Elite is through bundles like this one.

Factor in that RE5 is a huge property that could very well sell consoles, this one is definitely of higher value than Dead Space LE.

If I didn't already have a perfectly fine 360, I'd be all over this.

i have a perfectly fine 360 but i'm getting this for 3 reasons... i need the 120 gb hard drive which goes for $140ish new... my 360 just became out of warranty... and I plan on selling my old console and harddrive to a friend for 150 and RE5 to another friend for $60 (i have the collector's paid off at a store) so thatll offset about half the costs of the system and i was gonna spend 100+ on the hdd anyway... cant wait...

I swear to god if I pay $400 for a 360 just for it to break later on, I'll be fucking pissed. I know it has the jasper chipset but there's still a 10% possibility...

[quote name='plasmid123']This isn't the same case as the Dead Space LE. This will be pretty sought after considering A) It includes a copy of RE5 and SFIIHDR with no mark up in price over an Xbox 360 Elite sku (essentially $75 in value). B) Microsoft intends to discontinue the Elite sku in the near future, which means the only way to get an Elite is through bundles like this one.

Factor in that RE5 is a huge property that could very well sell consoles, this one is definitely of higher value than Dead Space LE.

If I didn't already have a perfectly fine 360, I'd be all over this.[/QUOTE]

Lol ... I will be shocked if this holds its value past the first couple weeks or months. No offense, but when has a "limited" game console ever held it's value? Maybe back during the Dreamcast days? It amuses me to think people are getting worked up over the value of this console. If you really want to make money off it ... you're better off selling it to the people who think it's going to be hot during the first week or so of its release.

[quote name='etcrane']Lol ... I will be shocked if this holds its value past the first couple weeks or months. No offense, but when has a "limited" game console ever held it's value? Maybe back during the Dreamcast days? It amuses me to think people are getting worked up over the value of this console. If you really want to make money off it ... you're better off selling it to the people who think it's going to be hot during the first week or so of its release.[/quote]

Rarity or not, some people (like me) want it because it's an upgrade from a 20gb 360 and it has what amounts to a free copy of RE5. Well that and SFIIHDR.

microsoft and capcom are going to make lots of money with this bundle and they know it.
you dont think its in their best interest to produce and push more of these?

just like the movies, if part 1 makes so much money, they will create part 2 and 3 to rake in more money.

These might be gone on the first 2 days but after a few more weeks Im sure we will see more of these in amazon, gamestop and everywhere else.

[quote name='etcrane']Lol ... I will be shocked if this holds its value past the first couple weeks or months. No offense, but when has a "limited" game console ever held it's value? Maybe back during the Dreamcast days? It amuses me to think people are getting worked up over the value of this console. If you really want to make money off it ... you're better off selling it to the people who think it's going to be hot during the first week or so of its release.[/quote]

It depends on what you define as value. While they will depreciate just like everything else, given their 'limited' nature (which may not be all that limited in an absolute number, but limited in the sense that it is no longer available after a certain point in time and is also a very small portion of the overall installed base), they tend to hold up a little better price wise over time. Both Halo systems (the Xbox and 360) usually sell for more than standard systems with identical specs on ebay..Same with the gun metal gray PS3. Does that mean it will always the case...no....Does that mean that all buyers would pay more for it...no...but is there a small group that, for whatever reason says, 'yeah, I really want a ______ colored system and I'm willing to pay a little extra for it', most definitely. Some people just like having something different than everyone else.

But no one should be looking at this as some sort of investment....Just look at all those folks who bought the Gunmetal PS3 from Konami for $600 to only find it on amazon for $400 five months later.

[quote name='K_G']It depends on what you define as value. While they will depreciate just like everything else, given their 'limited' nature (which may not be all that limited in an absolute number, but limited in the sense that it is no longer available after a certain point in time and is also a very small portion of the overall installed base), they tend to hold up a little better price wise over time. Both Halo systems (the Xbox and 360) usually sell for more than standard systems with identical specs on ebay..Same with the gun metal gray PS3. Does that mean it will always the case...no....Does that mean that all buyers would pay more for it...no...but is there a small group that, for whatever reason says, 'yeah, I really want a ______ colored system and I'm willing to pay a little extra for it', most definitely. Some people just like having something different than everyone else.

But no one should be looking at this as some sort of investment....Just look at all those folks who bought the Gunmetal PS3 from Konami for $600 to only find it on amazon for $400 five months later.[/quote]

this is very true, but in the gunmetal ps3's case, you were paying more for less... in this case, you're paying the same amount for more... which makes this awesome :applause:

I bet Target and Frys will have these on day 1, if you really want it badly and haven't pre-ordered. That was the case even with the SF IV CE & some of the other "limited" type stuff ...

bread's done
Back