Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JoNJoN']Touche, you must have some terrible luck my friend. This probably doesn't matter but the 2 360's I have both red ringed with I had them horizontal too. When I got my black Elite back, I've had it vertical the whole time and haven't had any problems. Can't imagine why that would matter but who knows. Don't think you should be pushing your luck :D[/quote]

Why is everyone laughing at the image??? When I saw it, I was horrified/mad because it tells me that I paid $400 for a system that will break. I have my 360 horizontal too...maybe I should turn it vertical because horizontally, it covers the vents on the side...but having it vertical risks the chance of scratching the disks...ARGH

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Why is everyone laughing at the image??? When I saw it, I was horrified/mad because it tells me that I paid $400 for a system that will break. I have my 360 horizontal too...maybe I should turn it vertical because horizontally, it covers the vents on the side...but having it vertical risks the chance of scratching the disks...ARGH[/quote]

Uh, what made you think the Jaspers are RROD proof?

Exactly. And even though I own a 360 and have already gotten a RRoD, I found it funny, as well. Unfortunately, it's just something we've learned to live with. Sick...but true. I'll definitely think twice about buying Microsoft's next console, though.

And if you want to leave your system horizontal, but are worried about covering up the vents, just put something under the system. I put a few CD cases under there. It lifts the system off the shelf it's on (no backing, so it's vented there, as well), without covering up the holes.

I've owned THREE XBOX 360's. The first was an Elite, the DVD drive broke after a year. Sent it in and bought a 20GB 360, then sold the Elite on it's return. Bought a 60BG at a great price (eBay Live Cashback) to replace the 20GB.

All three sat horizontally. All three sat in a poorly ventilated entertainment center with a closed glass door. None of them ever Red Ringed.

Two people I know had vertically standing 360's (one Elite, one 20GB) out in the open with perfect ventilation and they both Red Ringed.

There isn't shit you can really do...just hope it doesn't happen to you.

And sw33tbombs...stfu already.

[quote name='crazy blain']There isn't shit you can really do...just hope it doesn't happen to you.[/quote]

Exactly. Just pray you didn't get a faulty machine. There isn't much you can do to stop it beyond that.

The one we got froze twice just minutes into playing it. And we were only playing PACMAN CE, nothing that really even takes much power out of the system...

Hoping nothing goes wrong with it...

Hate to break it to you Sw33tbombs, but I came to your house last night and already prepped you system for some red-ringing ... only a matter of time now ...

[quote name='redshadow']
ownedmhu.jpg

[/quote]

It's out of the wood now. Microsoft has planned the console color to match the RROD as an ultimate form of expression of their design philosophy :applause:

Sorry for the person who has the RROD. Hope you get it exchanged soon.

I'd say that when/if your 360 will red ring has less to do with how you actually treat it, but more to do with just plain luck of the draw...

[quote name='BackInBlack']Uh, what made you think the Jaspers are RROD proof?[/quote]

huh, I don't know an improved chipset, saves 30nm, 2.1 voltage, and 20 less watts. I thought by now, Microsoft would have fixed it, but I guess not.

And crazy blaine, get off your console for once and find yourself a girlfriend. Make some friends, be social. Get a LIFE.

[quote name='eau']It's out of the wood now. Microsoft has planned the console color to match the RROD as an ultimate form of expression of their design philosophy :applause:

Sorry for the person who has the RROD. Hope you get it exchanged soon.[/quote]

Is that real or fake? I thought these elites had the new chipsets and no RROD.

[quote name='jupitersj']I've been playing around with mine since the 12th(thanks Amazon Prime ^_^)

Works perfectly...

January 2009 born
BenQ or Lite-On (my cellphone light isn't strong enough so I can't tell if the wires are white or yellow)
yes, my RE5 case has a small crack =(
it does not come with onboard jasper arcade memory AND it did not even have NXE installed on the HDD
No problems with dvd drive, re5, or console whatsoever. It is extremely quiet and re5 loads so fast I always miss the history load screens.[/quote]

Yeah, I wasn't surprised about not having the NXE pre-installed. These hard drives probably come from the same batch used for the holiday elite bundle. Same deal with the black headset, as they probably had too many on-hand. I would kill for a matching red headset.

As for the RROD, i'm not totally surprised. I could have sworn I read some Jasper Arcade RROD stories before. Not many though compared to the Falcon. They seem quite isolated.

Damn it OOS at Amazon.
I see TigerDirect.com has free Next Day by 4:30 PM shipping but I'd rather buy from amazon.com using amazon cc to get 1600 points on the card.

[quote name='technole']Yeah, I wasn't surprised about not having the NXE pre-installed. These hard drives probably come from the same batch used for the holiday elite bundle. Same deal with the black headset, as they probably had too many on-hand. I would kill for a matching red headset.

As for the RROD, i'm not totally surprised. I could have sworn I read some Jasper Arcade RROD stories before. Not many though compared to the Falcon. They seem quite isolated.[/quote]

jaspers have been out for basically half a year, so don't expect wide RROD stories til a year and onward. and btw, that rrod on the red 360 pissess me off. over 3 years already and they still haven't completely gotten rid of the problem :bomb:

[quote name='Vitality X']over 3 years already and they still haven't completely gotten rid of the problem :bomb:[/quote]

They don't have a problem with it, so why do you? I'm kiddng, of course. I have 5 and not one has keeled, maybe i'm lucky. or maybe not. My dvd case was cracked in the bundle dag nabbit.Everything else is smooth sailing though.

And for that rrod red 360, couldn't somebody have just put the new plate on an old rrod console just to stir up some paranoia? This is the internet after all.

[quote name='redroversk']They don't have a problem with it, so why do you? I'm kiddng, of course. I have 5 and not one has keeled, maybe i'm lucky. or maybe not. My dvd case was cracked in the bundle dag nabbit.Everything else is smooth sailing though.

And for that rrod red 360, couldn't somebody have just put the new plate on an old rrod console just to stir up some paranoia? This is the internet after all.[/quote]

Meh, if you watch the video it does show the top of the 360 for a second or two and it's red all-around. I would never assume that Jasper's are Red-Ring proof. I would assume the chances have just been greatly reduced of it happening. Nothing is perfect, ever buy a Chrysler? They are all made with the same parts yet your chance of getting one that is jacked up is much higher than getting the RRoD.

Last edited:
Is that all you know how to say, crazy blain? Why don't you stfu. No one likes you. Your parents don't love you. I bet your xbox is wishing for itself to red ring.

This just sucks no matter which way you want to look at it... Seriously, why won't they just get it right. I have every system Ive ever owned hooked up somewhere in the house, all the way back to the atari 2600, and they all work fine, just hit power and play away. But Ive been through five xbox pros since launch... Vertical, Horizontal, vented, unvented, played on the third tuesday of the sixth month during an odd numbered hour, what the hell should it matter? Honestly?

I was seriously considering getting this one because of the Jasper, and I really like the red but now I'm just going to hold off so I don't have to send it off or fight a store for a return. Not too say it will happen to me, but I'm not going to gamble the $ to take the chance.

I feel bad for anyone who is unfortunate enough to have the RROD happen to them. It just sucks.

[quote name='jedeyeben']This just sucks no matter which way you want to look at it... Seriously, why won't they just get it right. I have every system Ive ever owned hooked up somewhere in the house, all the way back to the atari 2600, and they all work fine, just hit power and play away. But Ive been through five xbox pros since launch... Vertical, Horizontal, vented, unvented, played on the third tuesday of the sixth month during an odd numbered hour, what the hell should it matter? Honestly?

I was seriously considering getting this one because of the Jasper, and I really like the red but now I'm just going to hold off so I don't have to send it off or fight a store for a return. Not too say it will happen to me, but I'm not going to gamble the $ to take the chance.

I feel bad for anyone who is unfortunate enough to have the RROD happen to them. It just sucks.[/QUOTE]

Were any of yours Falcons? I'm on my fourth, but it's my first Falcon, and so far has been fine. I own every platform though, so it doesn't get as much play time probably as someone who just owns one.

[quote name='redroversk']They don't have a problem with it, so why do you? I'm kiddng, of course. I have 5 and not one has keeled, maybe i'm lucky. or maybe not. My dvd case was cracked in the bundle dag nabbit.Everything else is smooth sailing though.

And for that rrod red 360, couldn't somebody have just put the new plate on an old rrod console just to stir up some paranoia? This is the internet after all.[/quote]

Yes, that is exactly what I did because I love conspiracy theories. For the love of God....

Oh, and just for fun...I posted my reply to the response from Team XBOX. I told them EXACTLY what happened in the first email is sent them. They are ontop of their game

----

Rhian,

Thank you for contacting me. I am already expecting a new one from Amazon.com to replace the defective one that Microsoft produced for me. However, I think it is bogus that this is the FOURTH time it has happened to me. THREE from my prior xbox and now THIS with the first upgrade xbox.

I am going to answer your questions in order you asked. However, since my original email to you already answered these questions (i.e. it cut off in the middle of Resident Evil 5, three red rings started to flash, and now it just won’t work), I find it useless to spend my time answering them. It shows a complete lack of respect and care for your customers.

But, I am going to go ahead and play along with my friends in India and answer these questions.

The exact error message or error code that you're encountering?
THERE IS NO ERROR MESSAGE. THE DAMNED THING WON’T TURN ON.

Does the issue occur only on specific games? What are these games?
YES, IT TOTALLY HAPPENS ON HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE. ACTUALLY, IT HAPPENS WHEN I TURN ON THE XBOX…ON ALL GAMES, EVEN IF THERE ISN’T A GAME IN THERE.

Does it happens while playing offline or online?
I WOULD ANSWER THIS QUESTION IF I COULD...BUT BECAUSE IT WON'T TURN ON....

If red lights are flashing how many quadrants are doing this?
AS I SAID IN MY FIRST EMAIL, THREE RED LIGHTS. DID YOU NOT SEE THE VIDEO I SENT YOU?

Please provide us some steps that you've already done?
TURN ON THE CONTROLLER, WATCH THREE BLINKING LIGHTS, CHECK ALL CORDS, TURN OFF…REPEAT. EMAIL 360 CUSTOMER SERVICE, RECEIVE A FORM LETTER IN RESPONSE…TRY THE 360 AGAIN…REPEAT….

From: Xbox Customer Support [mailto:XBOX_.HARD.NA.00.EN.HAH.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.X1.EM@css.one.microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 3:18 AM
To:
Subject: SRX1096733746ID - SRX1096733746ID

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Rhian and I will be helping you today with this issue.

We have received your email and as I understand it, your console was not working as expected.

I know how disappointing it is that your console is not working properly. Please accept our apologies this may have caused to your gameplay.

In order to provide you the exact troubleshooting steps on your issue, please let us know the exact information listed below:
  • The exact error message or error code that you're encountering?
  • Does the issue occur only on specific games? What are these games?
  • Does it happens while playing offline or online?
  • If red lights are flashing how many quadrants are doing this?
  • Please provide us some steps that you've already done?

We look forward to hearing from you again and helping you resolve your problem. Since you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number 1096733746 so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Rhian
Microsoft XBOX Support Services
http://support.microsoft.com/

You know what I find absolultely comical?

You all run to the internet to whine and cry about a product that has clearly been made defective in some way or another by the company, yet you continue to support it by getting other systems and buying things for it. Because you just flat out don't have the will power to say "forget it" and spend your money on something else. But you just HAVE to have your video games, so you jump through a million hoops complaining along the way that the thing you continually spend a lot of money on is a piece of junk.

Just shut up already. If you REALLY cared as much about it as you claim you do, you'd get rid of it and buy a PS3 as they're pretty close to the same damn thing anyway. But you don't care, no matter what you try to say or what kind of rebuttal you come up with. If you notice that a stove is really hot the first time, do you keep putting your hand down on it until it's totally burned? No. You learn, don't you? But the thing that has absolutely KILLED ME about this entire red ring issue on the 360 is that it hasn't slowed down MS's sales one bit. Not one little bit. We get a bitch session online every single day about it in one form another, yet here you all are; still buying games/accessories/systems because it's your hobby/drug and you've just GOTTA have it.

So either put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting this product, or just shut up about it and admit that you don't really care about it. Because it gets pretty irritating to watch people contradict themselves on a daily basis.

[quote name='mva5580']You know what I find absolultely comical?

You all run to the internet to whine and cry about a product that has clearly been made defective in some way or another by the company, yet you continue to support it by getting other systems and buying things for it. Because you just flat out don't have the will power to say "forget it" and spend your money on something else. But you just HAVE to have your video games, so you jump through a million hoops complaining along the way that the thing you continually spend a lot of money on is a piece of junk.

Just shut up already. If you REALLY cared as much about it as you claim you do, you'd get rid of it and buy a PS3 as they're pretty close to the same damn thing anyway. But you don't care, no matter what you try to say or what kind of rebuttal you come up with. If you notice that a stove is really hot the first time, do you keep putting your hand down on it until it's totally burned? No. You learn, don't you? But the thing that has absolutely KILLED ME about this entire red ring issue on the 360 is that it hasn't slowed down MS's sales one bit. Not one little bit. We get a bitch session online every single day about it in one form another, yet here you all are; still buying games/accessories/systems because it's your hobby/drug and you've just GOTTA have it.

So either put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting this product, or just shut up about it and admit that you don't really care about it. Because it gets pretty irritating to watch people contradict themselves on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 360 owners remind me of those abused wives that go back to their husbands after they get a beating, saying "he still loves me." or "he only does it because he loves me."

[quote name='RugbyJimmy']Yes, that is exactly what I did because I love conspiracy theories. For the love of God....

Oh, and just for fun...I posted my reply to the response from Team XBOX. I told them EXACTLY what happened in the first email is sent them. They are ontop of their game

----

Rhian,

Thank you for contacting me. I am already expecting a new one from Amazon.com to replace the defective one that Microsoft produced for me. However, I think it is bogus that this is the FOURTH time it has happened to me. THREE from my prior xbox and now THIS with the first upgrade xbox.

I am going to answer your questions in order you asked. However, since my original email to you already answered these questions (i.e. it cut off in the middle of Resident Evil 5, three red rings started to flash, and now it just won’t work), I find it useless to spend my time answering them. It shows a complete lack of respect and care for your customers.

But, I am going to go ahead and play along with my friends in India and answer these questions.

The exact error message or error code that you're encountering?
THERE IS NO ERROR MESSAGE. THE DAMNED THING WON’T TURN ON.

Does the issue occur only on specific games? What are these games?
YES, IT TOTALLY HAPPENS ON HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE. ACTUALLY, IT HAPPENS WHEN I TURN ON THE XBOX…ON ALL GAMES, EVEN IF THERE ISN’T A GAME IN THERE.

Does it happens while playing offline or online?
I WOULD ANSWER THIS QUESTION IF I COULD...BUT BECAUSE IT WON'T TURN ON....

If red lights are flashing how many quadrants are doing this?
AS I SAID IN MY FIRST EMAIL, THREE RED LIGHTS. DID YOU NOT SEE THE VIDEO I SENT YOU?

Please provide us some steps that you've already done?
TURN ON THE CONTROLLER, WATCH THREE BLINKING LIGHTS, CHECK ALL CORDS, TURN OFF…REPEAT. EMAIL 360 CUSTOMER SERVICE, RECEIVE A FORM LETTER IN RESPONSE…TRY THE 360 AGAIN…REPEAT….

From: Xbox Customer Support [mailto:XBOX_.HARD.NA.00.EN.HAH.MNL.TS.T01.SPT.X1.EM@css.one.microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 3:18 AM
To:
Subject: SRX1096733746ID - SRX1096733746ID

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Rhian and I will be helping you today with this issue.

We have received your email and as I understand it, your console was not working as expected.

I know how disappointing it is that your console is not working properly. Please accept our apologies this may have caused to your gameplay.

In order to provide you the exact troubleshooting steps on your issue, please let us know the exact information listed below:
  • The exact error message or error code that you're encountering?
  • Does the issue occur only on specific games? What are these games?
  • Does it happens while playing offline or online?
  • If red lights are flashing how many quadrants are doing this?
  • Please provide us some steps that you've already done?

We look forward to hearing from you again and helping you resolve your problem. Since you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number 1096733746 so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Rhian
Microsoft XBOX Support Services
http://support.microsoft.com/
[/QUOTE]

Okay, that is pretty funny. As a general rule, I'm completely against being rude to customer service people, but still, you HAD already provided all that info.

[quote name='mva5580']You know what I find absolultely comical?

Just shut up already. If you REALLY cared as much about it as you claim you do, you'd get rid of it and buy a PS3 as they're pretty close to the same damn thing anyway. [/quote]

Lots of people have bought PS3s because of it, but even still, we've got a right to complain. Plus the 360 has lots of good exclusives, etc.

Interesting point about the sales. I don't know...surely its affected them somewhat? I bet most people buying 360s don't even know, or else buy into the "The PS3 has no games!" biazro land ness. No idea. I *think* it's gotten a lot better with Falcon though.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Okay, that is pretty funny. As a general rule, I'm completely against being rude to customer service people, but still, you HAD already provided all that info.

Lots of people have bought PS3s because of it, but even still, we've got a right to complain. Plus the 360 has lots of good exclusives, etc.

Interesting point about the sales. I don't know...surely its affected them somewhat? I bet most people buying 360s don't even know, or else buy into the "The PS3 has no games!" biazro land ness. No idea. I *think* it's gotten a lot better with Falcon though.[/quote]

I usually not rude to customer service people either. I generally treat people in a good way. However, I thought it was comical that they sent me a list of questions that I had already provided answers to. I was trying to lighten up the situation.

Just received mine from Amazon today and was completely blown away by how poorly it was packed. The box it came in was almost big enough to fit two consoles inside and there was no packing material. I almost dropped the package when the system shifted from one side to the other. I can't believe that Amazon would ship a $400.00 item like it was nothing more than a sack of potatoes.

I think you guys are blowing the RRoD thing WAY out of proportion. Yes, 360s are cheaply built, and yes they're designed poorly, but the chances of your newly purchased 360 dying in the first couple days is rather slim. All electronics have a chance of that happening, no matter how well-made they are. Rugby just got unlucky is all, I would expect most jasper consoles to at least last a year or so before the console dies, there's no need for this mass hysteria that the console will die upon receiving it.

Yeah there is going to be bad ones right out of the box. It's called a lemon. I bought an Ipod Touch last year and when I pulled it out of the box and turned it on, the screen would blink different colors. I had to go back to the apple store to get another. These things happen....

[quote name='sunghost']I think you guys are blowing the RRoD thing WAY out of proportion. Yes, 360s are cheaply built, and yes they're designed poorly, but the chances of your newly purchased 360 dying in the first couple days is rather slim. All electronics have a chance of that happening, no matter how well-made they are. Rugby just got unlucky is all, I would expect most jasper consoles to at least last a year or so before the console dies, there's no need for this mass hysteria that the console will die upon receiving it.[/quote]

Ahh, so people just need to lower their expectations. Or lower them even further, in this case.

Well, I guess my expectations are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of whack, because Atari, Coleco, Nintendo, Sega, and NEC have spoiled me. I only had 1 Sony PS1 fail me after a year or so, but my launch phat PS2 is still surprisingly kicking. My original XBox, still kicking fine.

Let's see here: various Atari systems - the ones I have left are all still working.

Nintendo - NES, Gameboys, Gameboy Colors, Super Nintendos, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, GBA DS, all of them still working.

Sega Genesis and Dreamcast, still working. Never had a Sega CD or Sega Saturn so I can't comment on those.

Turbografx 16 still kicking, Turbo CD was still working before I sold it.

Sony PS1 replaced once, multiple PS2s and a 60 gig bc PS3, all working fine.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']This doesn't make sense. All 360 SHOULD be the same. Aren't they manufactured by machine? Unless the machine made a mistake, the 360 should be failure-proof. The person had to have had it red ring by not having it ventalized or something. Because all 360's out of the box are in perfect condition. It makes no sense how one brand new 360 would die while another brand new 360 still works because they were all built flawlessly. I don't see how there are still launch 360's that are still in perfect working condition- it depends on how you treat your console. That's the only explanation.[/quote]

See this is where your misinformed, not all parts are added by machine, so very important parts are added by hand and sometimes those people screw up. A year or so ago a factory in China Was leaving the paper/plastic coating on the main GPU between the the heatsink and chip, after a short while of playing , {when the chip got hot enough} the plastic would melt and the paper slip would catch on fire burning the chip right out of the MB. This stuff happens. This was widely known around the net look it up if you think I made it up.

Disclaimer: This is not directed at a specific individual ... with that said ...

I'm sick of 360 RROD apologists on this board and across the internet that seem to find ways to blame console owners and basically say "Oh, happens with everything." Seriously ... shut the fuck up if you haven't had your console RROD and you're making claims about how it isn't Microsoft's fault and it happens to every great product.

Even if you've had an xbox 360 or 2 RROD and you're somehow still apologizing for Microsoft's crappy, rushed product control ... shut the fuck up. I am so sick of people not being disgusted by the fact that they can spend $200 to $400 dollars on a product that consistently breaks down over the course of a year, sometimes less.

People have a right to be upset ... 360's breakdown in far greater abundance than any of the other competing consoles on the market, current and past consoles included. Bottom line ... stop defending the quality of the 360 ... it's crap ... and if you think it's due to the owners decisions or environment where the 360 is housed ... shut the fuck up.

Thanks and have a nice day!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Okay, that is pretty funny. As a general rule, I'm completely against being rude to customer service people, but still, you HAD already provided all that info.[/quote]

I had a girl on the Microsoft Xbox help line or whatever tell me that unplugging my 360 from a surge protector could potentially cause my 360 to start reading discs again :applause:

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Exactly. 360 owners remind me of those abused wives that go back to their husbands after they get a beating, saying "he still loves me." or "he only does it because he loves me."[/quote]

I'm okay with possibly losing my system for 2 weeks at no cost to me, if I have the opportunity to play so many amazing exclusives. If the 360 had crap games, it would be a huge problem... but it doesn't.

So, think before you speak. Your analogy sucks.

[quote name='karkyco']Ahh, so people just need to lower their expectations. Or lower them even further, in this case.

Well, I guess my expectations are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of whack, because Atari, Coleco, Nintendo, Sega, and NEC have spoiled me. I only had 1 Sony PS1 fail me after a year or so, but my launch phat PS2 is still surprisingly kicking. My original XBox, still kicking fine.

Let's see here: various Atari systems - the ones I have left are all still working.

Nintendo - NES, Gameboys, Gameboy Colors, Super Nintendos, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, GBA DS, all of them still working.

Sega Genesis and Dreamcast, still working. Never had a Sega CD or Sega Saturn so I can't comment on those.

Turbografx 16 still kicking, Turbo CD was still working before I sold it.

Sony PS1 replaced once, multiple PS2s and a 60 gig bc PS3, all working fine.[/quote]

OK....I could buy all of that EXCEPT for the NES which is notorious for either the broken spring-loaded cartridge port where you have to wedge another game or the black plastic sleeve in the port to hold the game in place, or the blinky-blinky where you have to either blow in the cartridge or manipulate the power button until the game plays properly.

:lol:

Wow...imagine if these forums existed when Nintendo introduced R.O.B. to make Gyromite such an AMAZING experience. Those never broke because they essentially came broken right out of the box.

[quote name='JoNJoN']I had a girl on the Microsoft Xbox help line or whatever tell me that unplugging my 360 from a surge protector could potentially cause my 360 to start reading discs again :applause:[/QUOTE]

Wow :hot: That is scary. Nintendo told me unplugging my Ethernet adapter would fix the disc drive, but that's less stupid than a surge protector...

[quote name='Speed Racer']Just received mine from Amazon today and was completely blown away by how poorly it was packed. The box it came in was almost big enough to fit two consoles inside and there was no packing material. I almost dropped the package when the system shifted from one side to the other. I can't believe that Amazon would ship a $400.00 item like it was nothing more than a sack of potatoes.[/QUOTE]

I just got a Tivo HD from them, and it wasn't packed that great either. It had some paper, but it was upside down in the box (not sure if that really matters) and there was just some paper on the side that sort of helped stop it from flying around.

[quote name='crazy blain']OK....I could buy all of that EXCEPT for the NES which is notorious for either the broken spring-loaded cartridge port where you have to wedge another game or the black plastic sleeve in the port to hold the game in place, or the blinky-blinky where you have to either blow in the cartridge or manipulate the power button until the game plays properly.[/quote]

I've heard that about the NES in recent years, but mine's never had any issues reading games, and I don't know anyone in real life who ever had trouble with it reading games.

The first widespread problem I'm aware of was the first generation PS1s that used plastic parts for the laser mechanism. Tons of those died (which is why I didn't pick up a Playstation until the 5000 series I think it was). But the 360's the first system I've ever had die on me...until my Wii. And my replacement Wii is making the same sound my first one did, so...

Just reporting on a earlier post i made, on how my new RE5 360 Elite didnt load up RE5 the first time i popped it into the system. didnt recognize the game was in the disk tray and my disc drive was being loud when trying to play the game.

I installed it and it works fine. im half way done with the game.

Now i hooked up my old 20 gig pro to my other tv and popped my copy of RE5 in there. took forever to read the game, and when i first jumped into gameplay, the disc become unreadable.

thats a big no no. Who do i call to fix this problem and get a new copy. Microsofts help line or Capcom?

I would assume Capcom since Microsoft didn't create the game, nor do they have any inventory of the software.

[quote name='dios']Just reporting on a earlier post i made, on how my new RE5 360 Elite didnt load up RE5 the first time i popped it into the system. didnt recognize the game was in the disk tray and my disc drive was being loud when trying to play the game.

I installed it and it works fine. im half way done with the game.

Now i hooked up my old 20 gig pro to my other tv and popped my copy of RE5 in there. took forever to read the game, and when i first jumped into gameplay, the disc become unreadable.

thats a big no no. Who do i call to fix this problem and get a new copy. Microsofts help line or Capcom?[/quote]

Exactly same issue for me, took two attempts before it finally installed. I have heard there is a production error in the discs. Not sure who to call though, I think there is a disc replacement number in the instruction manual.

-- Alex

don't know if this applies here-but older systems (I mean the Atari and so on) probably used less intricate components that can withstand more beating, so to speak. It's like if you have one of those older computers-not using a heatsink probably won't kill your system, but the modern chips would probably burn within seconds if you power them up without some advanced heatsink...just my thought-but I've not had a system gone up on me with the exception of my ps2

Back in 5/06 bought the PRO for $399 w/ the 20gb HDD and no HDMI. and it RROD for the 1st time, got it repaired with minumal hassle and in the end of 07 had it totally replaced by microsoft. the console is still a no HDMI and manufactured in may of 06' eek. Don't know if the warrenty will still be good. so... yeah... I still want to replace it but, i'm not obsessed with those kind of things.

kinda bothers me how microsoft lowers console price and adds hdmi and 40 more gbs to the pro and hardware tweaks

[quote name='meilojelio']
kinda bothers me how microsoft lowers console price and adds hdmi and 40 more gbs to the pro and hardware tweaks[/quote]

Yeah, what jerks :D

[quote name='crazy blain']OK....I could buy all of that EXCEPT for the NES which is notorious for either the broken spring-loaded cartridge port where you have to wedge another game or the black plastic sleeve in the port to hold the game in place, or the blinky-blinky where you have to either blow in the cartridge or manipulate the power button until the game plays properly.

:lol:

Wow...imagine if these forums existed when Nintendo introduced R.O.B. to make Gyromite such an AMAZING experience. Those never broke because they essentially came broken right out of the box.[/quote]

Lulz, okay you caught me, I do have to blow into some cartridges and fuck around with them on occasion to get my original NES to work with some games, it's true. But I have one of those FC Twins that seems to play everything so I haven't really tried in a few years:bouncy:.

And I never bothered with the ROB system because just looking at that retarded piece of shit I knew, even at a young age, that that thing was trouble. Plus Gyromite looked like crap. I went with the best console bundle - the one that came with Super Mario Bros. That was all I needed!

And after seeing ROB in action at my friend's house, I knew that thing was dead on arrival.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Speed Racer']Just received mine from Amazon today and was completely blown away by how poorly it was packed. The box it came in was almost big enough to fit two consoles inside and there was no packing material. I almost dropped the package when the system shifted from one side to the other. I can't believe that Amazon would ship a $400.00 item like it was nothing more than a sack of potatoes.[/QUOTE]

I agree -- mine came the same way -- funny how some things are overpacked with protection and otheres, like the 360 were not protected at all.

Mine made a whine sound when I shut ot off -- I see that as a bad sign as my launch 360 also did that before it RR'd

I always wanted an Xbox 360, but the RROD was a huge deterrent. How much are RROD xboxes going for? Might pick one up to fix myself if they are cheap enough. Could be a blessing I suppose.

I've seen RRODs on eBay and Craigslist for as low as $30 or $40 depending on the time of year (aka not around the holidays for some reason, everything's higher). It's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be a way to permanently fix the problem as much as postpone it by replacing the heatsinks.

[quote name='karkyco']Lulz, okay you caught me, I do have to blow into some cartridges and fuck around with them on occasion to get my original NES to work with some games, it's true. But I have one of those FC Twins that seems to play everything so I haven't really tried in a few years:bouncy:.

And I never bothered with the ROB system because just looking at that retarded piece of shit I knew, even at a young age, that that thing was trouble. Plus Gyromite looked like crap. I went with the best console bundle - the one that came with Super Mario Bros. That was all I needed![/quote]

Well when I got the NES it had just come out and we got the super bundle that had the NES, R.O.B., and the Light Gun with Super Mario/Gyromite, and Duck Hunt. Even if you got the robot to work it was so slow and inefficient it made the game unplayable.

bread's done
Back