Resident Evil 5 Xbox Elite Bundle $399 - Back In Stock @ Amazon!

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!
Resident Evil Xbox Elite Bundle Priced @ $399 Ships 3/13/2009:

9239344cv1a.jpg
9239344cv3a.jpg

• Elite Console w/Exclusive Red Finish
  • Wireless Controler w/Matching Red Finish
  • Resident Evil 5 game
  • 120GB HDD
  • Exclusive RE5 Premium Theme
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (XBLA Game Code)
  • Wired headset
  • HD AV Component Cable
  • HDMI cable
  • Ethernet Cables
Available for Pre-Order @

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
BestBuy
GameStop

-------------------------

I wish the color was a darker red, but this is a pretty good deal since they are giving all this without any markup from the price of the elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Question: If I use the code to redeem SSFII Turbo HD Remix on my Live account, will I only be able to play it on that specific profile? If I delete my gamertag, will it also delete the game too? What about the premium theme?[/QUOTE]

I posted a while back on this and I'm surprised no one cared about it, guess that's not surprising though as all anyone ever wants to talk about with Xbox 360's is the hardware issues.

Anyway, SSF2HD apparently works across all profiles, it must have to do with the code they made because any other game I've bought on Xbox Live, you can play the full version on the profile that purchased it and the trial version on any other profile on the system. But with this game, I downloaded it on one profile and can play the full version on the other as well.

Kudos to Buy.com for very decent shipping this time, using an outer box that was just a bit bigger than the 360 box to provide good shock cushioning. Everything in the box was in immaculate shape. However, my RE5 disc didn't read the first time either (no weird noises though, just recognized it as some unknown DVD).

What does irk me is that the d-pad on my wireless controller sucks. I can press down just fine but I can't just tap up, left, or right. I have to forcefully press them, which seems to indicate something isn't quite aligned correctly underneath. Unfortunately, I've heard bad things about re-assembling the controller so I can't really open it up to fix it either. Wonder if MS covers this sort of stuff.

[quote name='Ganelon']Unfortunately, I've heard bad things about re-assembling the controller so I can't really open it up to fix it either. Wonder if MS covers this sort of stuff.[/QUOTE]
All 360 controllers suffer from this issue, except for like some green LE controller in Europe. It's a defect that MS refuses to acknowledge.

I see this is on Costco.com but was wondering if anyone had seen it in their local costco? Would love to swap mine out for this bad boy since I think it's close to croaking.

[quote name='mva5580']I posted a while back on this and I'm surprised no one cared about it, guess that's not surprising though as all anyone ever wants to talk about with Xbox 360's is the hardware issues.

Anyway, SSF2HD apparently works across all profiles, it must have to do with the code they made because any other game I've bought on Xbox Live, you can play the full version on the profile that purchased it and the trial version on any other profile on the system. But with this game, I downloaded it on one profile and can play the full version on the other as well.[/QUOTE]

Any DLC that you buy will function across all profiles on that exact system. I buy XBLA games and DLC for games on my main GamerTag all the time, and then my son can play them on his gamertag. On a new console or a friend's console, they'll only function on the profile that purchased the DLC while it is connected to Xbox Live.

Sw33t, buying something on a GamerTag and then deleting the GamerTag is really dumb. Just create a GamerTag you are happy with and stick with it for life.

Is there anyway I can transfer the data on my silver profile to my Live account? I'm disapointed because I got pretty far in my games and they are only on my silver one...

also, has anyone noticed that on a Live account, you can't control sheva's inventory? this SUCKS. And you can only play the campaign by yourself with AI sheva and automatically wait for a person on Live to join. You can't even choose if you want to be on Live or not.

[quote name='eastx']Any DLC that you buy will function across all profiles on that exact system. I buy XBLA games and DLC for games on my main GamerTag all the time, and then my son can play them on his gamertag. On a new console or a friend's console, they'll only function on the profile that purchased the DLC while it is connected to Xbox Live.

Sw33t, buying something on a GamerTag and then deleting the GamerTag is really dumb. Just create a GamerTag you are happy with and stick with it for life.[/quote]

[quote name='eastx']Your Silver profile is an Xbox Live account. You just upgrade it to gold when you feel like playing online.[/quote]

Exactly, on all points.

Well guys, I finally got my new RE 360 from Amazon to replace the defective "Rugby Jimmy is OWNED" console.

The new console is working fine..so is the disk..which had a cracked disk case as well. 2 for 2 in that department. I really could care less. It is much quieter and runs smoother. Also, the console on button actually presses in. The other one was broken. I just thought it was a new way they were producing it.

Oh, and Microsoft never returned my email regarding the answers to their previously asked questions. Awesome.

Now...what to do with this extra SF 2 HD/Resident Evil Theme card...

[quote name='prateeko']I see this is on Costco.com but was wondering if anyone had seen it in their local costco? Would love to swap mine out for this bad boy since I think it's close to croaking.[/quote]

My Coscto doesn't even carry xbox 360 systems. It looks like one of their typical bundles where they add items you don't necessarily need (and don't get an additional discount relative to purchasing said items individually)

Actually the Costco bundle isn't a bad value imo, it's not an incredible value but the only thing they're adding in is an extra black wireless controller and a 12+1 LIVE subscription. At retail that would be an extra $100 (granted you can find a controller for $40 on Amazon and LIVE cards for $30 at BB occasionally) but the best part is that you get Costco's awesome warranty. I would actually go with this bundle at 469.99, were I in the market for a new 360 http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11466128&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

*Edit: Speaking of Costco, does anyone know if the return policy for 360's is still "when and if it breaks" or does it fall under their revised electronics policy? From the website, it seems that TVs, computers, phones, etc have a 90 day return option but doesn't mention anything about videogame consoles, etc. Anyone have any personal experience with this?

[quote name='RenoVatio']Could you buy this and return the game using the receipt you used to buy the bundle?[/QUOTE]

Nope, game is marked with "not for resale" or the equivalent.

Anyone's red elites have a, kinda stiff power button? my 20 gig xbox just needs a press like its a button.

My red elite though, you gotta press in all the way , practically pushing the button in as far as it can go.

[quote name='eastx']Your Silver profile is an Xbox Live account. You just upgrade it to gold when you feel like playing online.[/quote]

Well, is there anyway I can transfer my game data from my silver to gold account?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']Actually the Costco bundle isn't a bad value imo[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty weak deal, imo.

$399 retail + $30 12+1 + 40 controller smells like forcing you to buy MSRP when there is no demand.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Well, is there anyway I can transfer my game data from my silver to gold account?[/quote]

I don't think so, which I hate. You'd have to either start the games over, or just play them on your old account. Sounds like you had an account, but then created a new account and added a year of Gold service to it?

If so you could also always just use it for a year, then switch back to the old account and get service for it if you want it.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Am I the only one who thinks that shade of red is....fugly? It makes the xbox look like a happy meal toy.[/quote]

Its just you.

The red is awesome.

could someone PLEASE report my gamertag : Jdubadass
saying it's offensive or because it has "ass" in it? I don't have 800 microsoft points to spend on changing it...I think you have to send me a friend request before you can though.

The red elite is fucking sexy as fuck. It looks sooo much better than the pictures in person. I love it.

[quote name='etcrane']Actually the Costco bundle isn't a bad value imo, *Edit: Speaking of Costco, does anyone know if the return policy for 360's is still "when and if it breaks" or does it fall under their revised electronics policy? From the website, it seems that TVs, computers, phones, etc have a 90 day return option but doesn't mention anything about videogame consoles, etc. Anyone have any personal experience with this?[/quote]

You have the unrestricted return policy for videogame systems (I asked in-store today to verify).

The following language is the same on the Costco website, as well as in-store:

"Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund."

[quote name='bruceg']You have the unrestricted return policy for videogame systems (I asked in-store today to verify).

The following language is the same on the Costco website, as well as in-store:

"Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund."[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'd say that's extremely tempting then when it comes to 360s ... heck, by the time your red elite breaks you could probably swap for the next bundle MS releases ... and since it's the most expensive LE at the moment, they wouldn't be able to downgrade you to anything but the best on the market when you return it.

[quote name='technole']Its just you.

The red is awesome.[/QUOTE]

No it's not just him/her, I can't stand it either. My friend loves it, lots of other people in this thread hate it. I probably would have bought one if not for that color. Although going by all the problems in this thread, it's probably better I didn't.

[quote name='poopants']My red elite's power button is extremely stiff too (that sounds a bit erotic) i hope its standard for the new 360's[/quote]

noticed this too with the one me and my gf got. i have to like, click it a certain way to turn it on or off.

also, the disk tray seems extremely clunky, i figure maybe just not as broken in as my 5 year old 360.

only other problem besides those 2 is that it has frozen twice on us. once when we first plugged it in, after an hour of playing pacman CE it froze. then it froze while playing some fallout 3 a few days later. my 5 year old 360 has only froze about 5 times throughout its life. so, so far im a bit worried. but i think these could just be problems because its brand new and needs to be used and get used to being played with a bit.

also thought I'd add that I personally love the red color. the old white has scratches and stains, etc show up too easy.

My RE5 Elite has been working fine this weekend. No lock-ups. No problems. Even a little quieter than my two-month old 360 Arcade.

My pack-in disc was defective; but returned it to BB today for an exchange and the new disc works just fine. Man, what a great looking game RE5 is.

Does anyone here know if there would be any problems replacing the housing for a 120 GB hard drive with the housing for another 120 GB hard drive?

Specifically, I would like to transfer the hard drive with my data from a non-elite hard drive (120 GB) to the housing for the hard drive that came with the system so I have a matching combination.

I would just like to know what kind of problems I might run into (dealing with XBox Live). I already have a disassembly guide so I'm good with that. Thanks for any advice you can give.

[quote name='Danil ACE']You can use the transfer cable to do that, no need to disassemble.[/quote]

Are you sure? I've heard from a couple of people (CAGs on this thread) that the transfer cable will not transfer from 120 to 120.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No it's not just him/her, I can't stand it either. My friend loves it, lots of other people in this thread hate it. I probably would have bought one if not for that color. Although going by all the problems in this thread, it's probably better I didn't.[/quote]

The red is dead sexy and eye catching. I don't even even like the color red. I love how it's a darker shade and not at all bright like in the online pics. Nothing in my room is red at all except for this console and it just pops out at you. I don't know...it gives you a little bit of extra satisfaction to play this thing with 2 matching red controllers. :lol:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']noticed this too with the one me and my gf got. i have to like, click it a certain way to turn it on or off.

also, the disk tray seems extremely clunky, i figure maybe just not as broken in as my 5 year old 360.

only other problem besides those 2 is that it has frozen twice on us. once when we first plugged it in, after an hour of playing pacman CE it froze. then it froze while playing some fallout 3 a few days later. my 5 year old 360 has only froze about 5 times throughout its life. so, so far im a bit worried. but i think these could just be problems because its brand new and needs to be used and get used to being played with a bit.

also thought I'd add that I personally love the red color. the old white has scratches and stains, etc show up too easy.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing about it being new that would make it crash. I guess I'd try formatting the drive, and if it still doesn't work, get rid of it. (And the 360 has only been on the market 4 years...)

[quote name='edavis0780']Does anyone here know if there would be any problems replacing the housing for a 120 GB hard drive with the housing for another 120 GB hard drive?

Specifically, I would like to transfer the hard drive with my data from a non-elite hard drive (120 GB) to the housing for the hard drive that came with the system so I have a matching combination.

I would just like to know what kind of problems I might run into (dealing with XBox Live). I already have a disassembly guide so I'm good with that. Thanks for any advice you can give.[/quote]

I believe you could do this with no problems, but if you want to use your DLC without being connected to xbox live you'll need to use the license transfer tool. I believe you can do it for free like once a year, try searching over on xbox.com for more info.

[quote name='edavis0780']Does anyone here know if there would be any problems replacing the housing for a 120 GB hard drive with the housing for another 120 GB hard drive?

I would just like to know what kind of problems I might run into (dealing with XBox Live). I already have a disassembly guide so I'm good with that. Thanks for any advice you can give.[/quote]

Putting the gray on the black is annoying you, too huh? You can open it up and switch it out, but of course this voids the warranty. I'm going to attempt using the transfer cable this week and I'll let you know how it goes.

This is my second Red Elite Bundle and this one works fine. The stupid game was unreadable but they just gave me a retail copy.

Did anybody else have the codes for the SF2HD and the the theme not work and come up invalid? Do I need to call their support line to work this issue?

[quote name='EvilIA']Did anybody else have the codes for the SF2HD and the the theme not work and come up invalid? Do I need to call their support line to work this issue?[/quote]

PM me your codes and I will test them out for you;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']No it's not just him/her, I can't stand it either. My friend loves it, lots of other people in this thread hate it. I probably would have bought one if not for that color. Although going by all the problems in this thread, it's probably better I didn't.[/quote]

Agree... it's just horrid.

No, it's pretty easy to change the housing. My Halo 3 HDD used to be a 20GB, I switched it to a 120GB HDD with no problems.

[quote name='Wolfpup']There's nothing about it being new that would make it crash. I guess I'd try formatting the drive, and if it still doesn't work, get rid of it. (And the 360 has only been on the market 4 years...)[/quote]

was hitting the 5 key, it was really late lol. I got it from my dad as a christmas gift around when they first came out.

and thanks for the advice, but it has been playing fine lately...what do you mean by formatting the drive?

What is so exciting about this deal? Is it basically a red colored Xbox 360 Elite + game at the same price as an Xbox 360 Elite?

I mean, that's great if you like or want RE5, but is the deal that exciting if you have no interest in RE5? If not, it seems to me the Dell + discount deal is better.

EDIT: Note that I am asking this genuinely - I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360, doing comparison shopping, and trying to figure out why this is getting so much attention.

Just to follow up from my earlier post, there is no issue using the transfer cable. It is a lot less intrusive than opening up the two housing units of the HDDs.

[quote name='SlyFrog']What is so exciting about this deal? Is it basically a red colored Xbox 360 Elite + game at the same price as an Xbox 360 Elite?

I mean, that's great if you like or want RE5, but is the deal that exciting if you have no interest in RE5? If not, it seems to me the Dell + discount deal is better.

EDIT: Note that I am asking this genuinely - I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360, doing comparison shopping, and trying to figure out why this is getting so much attention.[/quote]

It (pretty much) guarantees a Jasper...plus I sold RE5+SFIIHD for $65...and I bought with dirt cheap Gamestop credit

[quote name='SlyFrog']What is so exciting about this deal? Is it basically a red colored Xbox 360 Elite + game at the same price as an Xbox 360 Elite?

EDIT: Note that I am asking this genuinely - I'm thinking about getting an Xbox 360, doing comparison shopping, and trying to figure out why this is getting so much attention.[/QUOTE]

It's a guaranteed Xbox 360 Elite with Jasper chipset is why I bought... plus it came with enough extra stuff that it made up for the "Elite tax" (since a 360 arcade + 120 GB HD is cheaper than an Elite)

bread's done
Back