Resident Evil 6 (X360/PS3) $19.99 Best Buy sale is now live (Amazon too)

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']
PS: We hated the snow level in the Jake campaign I believe its 2-1.[/QUOTE]

I would rather eat broken glass while sitting on a teeter totter that was going up and down in to a vat of acid and scorpions than play that ass of a chapter again.

[quote name='handsomepete']I would rather eat broken glass while sitting on a teeter totter that was going up and down in to a vat of acid and scorpions than play that ass of a chapter again.[/QUOTE]
The snow mobile one?

[quote name='handsomepete']I would rather eat broken glass while sitting on a teeter totter that was going up and down in to a vat of acid and scorpions than play that ass of a chapter again.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see someone tie you down and give you those two options.

Whatever you want. People start with Leon, but I don't think it really matters.

Also if anyone gets it on PS3 and wants to play feel free to add me.

[quote name='whoknows']They weren't whole missions IIRC. The only parts you repeat are a couple points where you meet up with other characters and can play online with other people.

You may be in the same areas as some of the other characters in the story were/are at during certain points, but you aren't doing the same thing at all.

I agree about the playtime though. I loved that the game offered so much. Something that I would hate to see go in future games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah, some locations collide, but only for a small portion of each campaign.

For those who have not yet played the game, one way to play it is to play each campaign, finishing with Ada's (which is essential that you finish Ada's last and do indeed play through Ada's campaign).

There is another "chronological" way of playing it too, mixing the chapters.[/QUOTE]

Oh for sure. "Chapters" would be a better term with the latest patch and I didn't mean to make it sound like entire missions were mirrored.

I agree that Ada should be played last though because her campaign pretty much gives everything away.

[quote name='Donut2922']Ok so if i play Ada last, who should be first then?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, doesn't matter who you start with.

[quote name='FerDK']For those who missed it, Ps3 version is again at $19.99 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's also back at Best Buy for shipping.

Man, I don't know... I mean it's RE so I'm going to play it regardless, but the terrible reviews from sites/reviewers I really respect has me wary of paying a nickel more than I have to. I think I can get this for $10 very soon.

For anyone new jumping into the game my recommendations

1.Play the game doing each character's chapter rather than 1 characters all at once. So for example Leon 1 then Chris 1 then Jake 1 (Only Ada's should be saved until the other 3 are beat).
2.Make sure you go in knowing the actual controls, the "tutorial" in the game is next to useless.

This will set you straight for the best expierence
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

[quote name='Jawmuncher']For anyone new jumping into the game my recommendations

1.Play the game doing each character's chapter rather than 1 characters all at once. So for example Leon 1 then Chris 1 then Jake 1 (Only Ada's should be saved until the other 3 are beat).
2.Make sure you go in knowing the actual controls, the "tutorial" in the game is next to useless.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think the .pdf tip guide in the link above will help me enjoy the game! Appreciate the link.

A solid game; picked this up over the holidays along with DOA5, Halo 4, and Hitman. The hate is so misguided. Those who bicker about RE losing its way must not have played the series games since 3. RE6 is the inevitable culmination of efforts laid out by RE4. I see it more like how Capcom treated Dino Crisis 2 after DC1. DC2 was entirely an action shooter, and a very good game (on that note, DC3 wasn't bad but clearly rushed out -- I blame the whole Xbox exclusivity at the time; Microsoft was just doling out cash for third parties with no quality controls in place).

Anyways, RE6 is a very good game; at least an 8. Anything lower than that is nonsense.

For the people complaining that RE is not survival horror, seriously, RE hasn't been THAT for a long time. IMHO, Visceral's Dead Space is the lone game in that genre this generation, and really owns the category. Capcom is smart to not try to compete against that series.

Admit it, Dead Space owns survival horror now. I haven't picked up DS3 yet, but plan to as soon as I have some free time to play.

Been on the fence with this. After reading the CAG feedback, I decided to go ahead and pick it up. Which version is better to grab, Xbox or ps3?

[quote name='Jawmuncher']For anyone new jumping into the game my recommendations

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812[/QUOTE]

Bookmarked that page. Thanks.

[quote name='etcrane']Must be Capcom employee registration day on CAG ...[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I read your posts also. We all get the point, you don't like re6. Guess I should just stay away from it then right?

[quote name='romeogbs19']
Admit it, Dead Space owns survival horror now. I haven't picked up DS3 yet, but plan to as soon as I have some free time to play.[/QUOTE]

If you think DS3 keeps the franchise's survival horror roots, you will sorely be disappointed bud...

[quote name='TooPoor'] The modern youth's video game taste has accelerated the demise of the old RE, very much like the direction of today's pop music. If Japan was a comparable market to the U.S., we would perhaps see a different evolution of RE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would have evolved into a dating sim where you lurk the subways of Raccoon City* as Wesker trying to take upskirt photos of school girls.:cool:

Yes, I know Raccoon City does not exist after RE3...

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ah yes, I read your posts also. We all get the point, you don't like re6. Guess I should just stay away from it then right?[/QUOTE]

Your $20 can go further on better games ... but if you want to experience the poor pacing, overbearing quicktime events, bizarre design choices (zombies with guns and another hulking thing that chases you that looks like a poor man's nemesis) and odd zoomed in aspect ratio for yourself, then by all means, don't stay away. It makes me sad to read that some fans of the old resident evils love this game, if that's the case then the series is lost because this game falls into the trap of trying to please everyone and, in the process, losing its spirit as a solid, well made resident evil game.

[quote name='etcrane']Your $20 can go further on better games ... but if you want to experience the poor pacing, overbearing quicktime events, bizarre design choices (zombies with guns and another hulking thing that chases you that looks like a poor man's nemesis) and odd zoomed in aspect ratio for yourself, then by all means, don't stay away. It makes me sad to read that some fans of the old resident evils love this game, if that's the case then the series is lost because this game falls into the trap of trying to please everyone and, in the process, losing its spirit as a solid, well made resident evil game.[/QUOTE]
Well, it makes me sad that the fact I along with others enjoyed the game has made you sad.

You can enjoy a game and simultaneously provide feedback to the developers. If for some miracle that everybody boycotted RE6 like you wished them to, it is not guaranteed that RE will return to its formal glory, it might just die off. We should continue to support it while it struggles to stay relevant in the COD action dominated western market, not bash or hate.

Grabbing my copy soon enough, rented and played some of it and enjoyed it. I have every other Resident Evil game so I need this as well.

[quote name='etcrane']Your $20 can go further on better games ... but if you want to experience the poor pacing, overbearing quicktime events, bizarre design choices (zombies with guns and another hulking thing that chases you that looks like a poor man's nemesis) and odd zoomed in aspect ratio for yourself, then by all means, don't stay away. It makes me sad to read that some fans of the old resident evils love this game, if that's the case then the series is lost because this game falls into the trap of trying to please everyone and, in the process, losing its spirit as a solid, well made resident evil game.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're one of those people who think the J'avo are zombies. Did you think the enemies in 4 and 5 were zombies too?

The Resident Evil story had always been leading up to what we got in RE6. There was always an emphasis on making viruses to be used as weapons and that's exactly what happens.

QTE and camera were fixed in the latest patch. They even fixed the wonky crawling/climbing stuff so that you don't have to hold down the buttons.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Yeah, it would have evolved into a dating sim where you lurk the subways of Raccoon City* as Wesker trying to take upskirt photos of school girls.:cool:

Yes, I know Raccoon City does not exist after RE3...
[/QUOTE]

Id play that game.

[quote name='dohdough']QTE and camera were fixed in the latest patch. They even fixed the wonky crawling/climbing stuff so that you don't have to hold down the buttons.[/QUOTE]

No kidding? I'd be tempted to play it again.

Any word if/when they'll be adding in PlayStation Move functionality? After RE5 Gold, it seems like they held it out only to save it for a reissue ("gold") version.

Of course, they kept it out of RE4 HD too. Capcom just doesn't make any sense...

I understand this isnt the RE game from the past. Those have been gone for years now and I have accepted that fact long ago. As for the wasting $20 thing, I dont want to be that guy but $20 really isnt much to me. I'll gladly pay $20 for a game that I have interest in. Sure I may hate it and if thats the case then I guess you would have been right. I cant write off a game though because one person on the internet cant stand it.

[quote name='handsomepete']No kidding? I'd be tempted to play it again.[/QUOTE]

The camera was actually patched a couple months ago to be adjustable, but the QTE thing is maybe a couple weeks old as well as breaking the missions into chapters.

You still have to do the QTE's, but they're FAR more easier to complete now. The climbing and crawling is now trivial to do instead of extremely tedious. It was a welcome improvement.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I understand this isnt the RE game from the past. Those have been gone for years now and I have accepted that fact long ago. As for the wasting $20 thing, I dont want to be that guy but $20 really isnt much to me. I'll gladly pay $20 for a game that I have interest in. Sure I may hate it and if thats the case then I guess you would have been right. I cant write off a game though because one person on the internet cant stand it.[/QUOTE]
Even at one playthrough, you're looking at what...a 30+ hour game which maybe cost about 40 cents per hour of entertainment if you trade the game in for $10? Entertainment at 40 cents an hour is a freaking bargain IMO. Don't let the detractors get to you.

Interesting, didn't know the patches were recent. My initial reaction was to stop playing it. Boring walking sections and obnoxious QTE combined with laugh out loud bugs/animations. But it's starting to grow on me. Can't believe the difference in feel between the 4 major sections and the game feels huge so far. Feels like they wanted to be more cinematic with this than RE4 or RE5. The weapons feel anemic but looks like you can upgrade abilities. If you enjoyed RE5 or have someone to couch coop with or play online with this could be worth $20.

[quote name='bananafish900']Interesting, didn't know the patches were recent. My initial reaction was to stop playing it. Boring walking sections and obnoxious QTE combined with laugh out loud bugs/animations. But it's starting to grow on me. Can't believe the difference in feel between the 4 major sections and the game feels huge so far. Feels like they wanted to be more cinematic with this than RE4 or RE5. The weapons feel anemic but looks like you can upgrade abilities. If you enjoyed RE5 or have someone to couch coop with or play online with this could be worth $20.[/QUOTE]

I ain't gonna lie...the weapons still feel anemic even with the upgraded abilities.:lol:

But yeah, totally worth it for the couch co-op at 20 bones.

Does anybody know what the deal is with Aliens Colonial Marines for WiiU??? Gamestop has a release date of Christmas 2013, and Target lists March 1st. Bestbuy doesn't have any release date information. Tha heck is going on????

[quote name='Lordd_G']If you think DS3 keeps the franchise's survival horror roots, you will sorely be disappointed bud...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw the reviews -- DS2 is IMHO the best SH game on the market today. DS3 is a new direction, and that makes sense given DS2 ended the main storyline for Issac. As soon as I heard about DS3, I feared that Visceral (and more so EA) would steer the franchise in a slightly different direction.

That said, I am glad DS3 retained the single-player option.

I don't know if I would count Dead Space as survival horror. It's absolutely horror, but it's more action horror to me. I guess everyone has a different take on what survival horror is though.

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, it makes me sad that the fact I along with others enjoyed the game has made you sad.

You can enjoy a game and simultaneously provide feedback to the developers. If for some miracle that everybody boycotted RE6 like you wished them to, it is not guaranteed that RE will return to its formal glory, it might just die off. We should continue to support it while it struggles to stay relevant in the COD action dominated western market, not bash or hate.[/QUOTE]

Personally I would rather support the upcoming re-release of RE: Revelations, sending the message to Capcom that I support RE games that carry on the traditions set forth in 1-4. It's true, I don't think completely ignoring RE6 and not purchasing it is the proper way to show Capcom that it's a disappointment, but I would say that even at $20 this game still has significant issues, plot and development-wise that make me regret buying it at launch. With that said, I'm confident it will be a $10 Best Buy coupon game at some point in the near future and I might pick it up again to see the patch implementation.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I understand this isnt the RE game from the past. Those have been gone for years now and I have accepted that fact long ago. As for the wasting $20 thing, I dont want to be that guy but $20 really isnt much to me. I'll gladly pay $20 for a game that I have interest in. Sure I may hate it and if thats the case then I guess you would have been right. I cant write off a game though because one person on the internet cant stand it.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that $20 isn't much ... however it's my opinion that $20 could buy you part of an incredible experience like the new Fire Emblem or Skyrim's new add-on.

[quote name='whoknows']Oh, you're one of those people who think the J'avo are zombies. Did you think the enemies in 4 and 5 were zombies too?

The Resident Evil story had always been leading up to what we got in RE6. There was always an emphasis on making viruses to be used as weapons and that's exactly what happens.[/QUOTE]

The J'avo are just a bad design choice to justify making this game into more of a shooter than past REs. I actually despise this game more because it's the culmination of the other games and they took it in such a weird, over the top direction. For example, why are there giant monsters roaming the city that you fight in Jake's level ... are those really even explained? They don't seem to be controlled really, they're just roaming through the city. Things like that just feel more like blown out of proportion set pieces than narrative-building additions to the game. I realize that RE games have always had questionable narrative choices, but RE6 felt like Capcom sold out in order to produce a game that would appeal to Call of Duty fans, Halo fans etc. There's nothing wrong with the fans of those franchises, but they aren't Resident Evil.

Sure the game has hours of content ... but I would argue that a shorter, higher quality experience with talented voice actors and a top notch story would be preferred any day of the week compared to what was delivered in Resident Evil 6.

[quote name='etcrane']
The J'avo are just a bad design choice to justify making this game into more of a shooter than past REs. I actually despise this game more because it's the culmination of the other games and they took it in such a weird, over the top direction. For example, why are there giant monsters roaming the city that you fight in Jake's level ... are those really even explained? They don't seem to be controlled really, they're just roaming through the city. Things like that just feel more like blown out of proportion set pieces than narrative-building additions to the game. I realize that RE games have always had questionable narrative choices, but RE6 felt like Capcom sold out in order to produce a game that would appeal to Call of Duty fans, Halo fans etc. There's nothing wrong with the fans of those franchises, but they aren't Resident Evil.

Sure the game has hours of content ... but I would argue that a shorter, higher quality experience with talented voice actors and a top notch story would be preferred any day of the week compared to what was delivered in Resident Evil 6.[/QUOTE]

The giants are B.O.W.'s. Bio_Organic.Weapons.

Weapons.

The viruses are being used as weapons which is what Umbrella's goal was always in the past games. That's the tone the series always had, they just never showed you the other side of which which always disappointed me. I don't find it really farfetched that there are countries that would use such viruses or buy giant monsters for their armies. Makes complete sense to me just as with the BSAA sending more than just one person to fight them.

I've followed the Resident Evil games and story for a long time and nothing in the story seems out of place compared to the other games.

Also the voice actors do a great job, I don't know what your issue is with them.

[quote name='pedrobeara']crappy game just gave me error 80022d86 on the ps3 and now i can't play any games with trophies[/QUOTE]

There's an easy fix for this.

Delete user, re-create user, and re-sync account.

That's weird. Deleting users is a very simple process and shouldn't require a format. It's like deleting any other file. Might want to try safe mode and do the "file system optimization" or whatever it's called.

[quote name='pedrobeara']crappy game just gave me error 80022d86 on the ps3 and now i can't play any games with trophies[/QUOTE]

are playing on a fat launch bc old ps3 or something?

nope a slim re6 froze on me then I got the error and read to do a restore form the menu and while it was doing that i got a message that said something about a file system being damaged and that it would need to do a full hdd format and there was no way to back out ....I shut off the system and when i turned it back on i got the game message about formatting the hdd

It's a better game than Raccoon City for sure, but it's really just not a solid, polished RE game. I hate the co-op stuff which is only OK w/ another person, the AI is terrible in this one. It's kind of a mess really.

That said, can't wait to finally play Revelations on the 360.

bread's done
Back