Resident Evil Gamecube - Did I miss something?

There wasn't a big print run, and everyone has been scrambling to get this for the Cube. My friend luckily found his for $20 quite some time ago. I'm not really interested, as I have them for other systems.

Short answer: RE4. The buzz for the new RE combined with the relatively difficult task of finding the games in retail (despite a respectably sized print run) leads to inflation via ebay.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='scsg75']heh, I "sold" 2, 3 and CVX for $290 shipped. Sadly the assclown that won the auction never paid me. Oh well.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8161150907&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT[/quote]

DENNISDFAT PWNED[/quote]

doubt it's denisdfat, the guy finally contacted me yesterday and blamed bad weather caused his libary (his only source for internet) to close for 2 weeks and wanted to pay me on Feb 1st. I told him to piss off.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Welcome to about 8 months ago.....seriously. These games have been these prices on eBay for months now.[/quote]

Damn, I did miss alot. Still whoever is buying these game for anything over $30 is a moron. They are availible for Dreamcast, PSX, and PC I think... Buying anything just cause it's rare is a person that doesn't know how to spend their money.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='mtxbass1']Welcome to about 8 months ago.....seriously. These games have been these prices on eBay for months now.[/quote]

Damn, I did miss alot. Still whoever is buying these game for anything over $30 is a moron. They are availible for Dreamcast, PSX, and PC I think... Buying anything just cause it's rare is a person that doesn't know how to spend their money.[/quote]

The DC versions are going for $25-$35 ;).

[quote name='outkastx'][quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='mtxbass1']Welcome to about 8 months ago.....seriously. These games have been these prices on eBay for months now.[/quote]

Damn, I did miss alot. Still whoever is buying these game for anything over $30 is a moron. They are availible for Dreamcast, PSX, and PC I think... Buying anything just cause it's rare is a person that doesn't know how to spend their money.[/quote]

The DC versions are going for $25-$35 ;).[/quote]

RE3 was selling on EB's website for 5 bucks the other day

[quote name='dwsscs']Is the Resident evil: Code Name Veronica really rare? I still see these occasionally.[/quote]

No, on PS2 not even close to rare, on the GC, still easy to find. Capcoms website still sells it too.

yeah, on the GC it's still pretty easy to find. But so was RE3 3 months ago, now it sells for $100+ sealed, so who knows.

Not really collecter's, just people who want all of the games on one system. If they weren't so high in price, $30 or so I'd pick em up myself. And they've been over $60 for more then a year. I know, I use to look for it quite actively.

THe real mystery is why Nintendo doesn't just produce another 25K of each and end this silliness to their benefit. The market for these isn't that big but it's big enough to make the existing print run inadequate.

[quote name='epobirs']THe real mystery is why Nintendo doesn't just produce another 25K of each and end this silliness to their benefit. The market for these isn't that big but it's big enough to make the existing print run inadequate.[/quote]

The funny thing is, no one bought them the first time around and bitched about the price of them, so the odds of a rerelease of 7 year old ports is probably pretty low. If they did rerelease them, they'd just sit on the shelf again once people see the price drop on ebay which it would undoubtedly do after a rerelease. Nintendo probably sees the RE ports as a loss, hence the no rerelease.

IMO when resident evil 2 and 3 ports were realesed at $40 that was still way too much for pretty much a straight port. This is just insane although its been like this for awhile now.

If you're patient and know your own zip code :wink: then you can check within a 200 mile radius for Gamestops that have the 3 RE ports. If you have their discount card you can buy all 3 for about $75. I got RE2 and CV this way and, as stated in my topic, got RE3 for $8. I still feel like I payed too much for 2 and CV.

bread's done
Back