Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City $14.99 @ Bestbuy

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The SE HAS NOT YET BEEN COMFIRMED TO BE ON SALE
I linked both ahead of time to give people a chance to check stock etc since there MSRP is the same there's a chance that they want to rid stock.

This works with the $10 savings code deal so you're end result will be $15 + $10 credit

Confirmed weekly ad deal June 10th was the last $18 DOTD for this so silver members pm away

:ps3: LE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resident+Evil%3A+Operation+Raccoon+City+Best+Buy+Limited+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/2737269.p?id=1218348122028&skuId=2737269&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=2&cp=1

:ps3: SE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen....p?id=1218444160596&skuId=3967334&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=7&cp=1

:360: LE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen....p?id=1218348121456&skuId=2737171&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=3&cp=1

:360: SE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen....p?id=1218444160113&skuId=3967361&st=resident evil operation raccoon city&lp=5&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='esalw822']Here's hoping for some $10 and/or $20 game sales to go along with this deal so that we can get in on a few of these deals for in-store pick-up and stack the $10 promo with it....[/QUOTE]

Would be awesome but I highly doubt it. Reading between the lines, it seems to me the sweet deals will only be in store at the special event locations. Prob a good idea to check which best buy location near you will be one of those hosting locations...

the only enemy i felt took too many bullets was nemesis. if you play on professional difficulty you really have to empty your ammo on him, go refill your ammo, and repeat probably 10 times. and thats when I had the machine gun with over 300 rounds.

all while other enemies are shooting at you.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']He's saying the lag made the game so unbearable, it took an hour to damage the boss.

To the people saying this game features enemies that are "bullet sponges", what are you talking about? Have you even played the game? Do you not know what this game features? Zombies. How do you kill a zombie? Shoot it in the head. I picked this game up when it was 17.99 a month back and can firmly say this game was worth that price.

I played this on the hardest difficulty(I think I remember there being a setting higher than this one, but you needed to pass the game once), and it took no more than two headshots to kill the zombies. Same goes for the soldiers. If you shoot enemies on the body, they do take way more shots, but that's believable. You have special forces with armor and bullet proof vests and zombies are made of decomposing flesh so the bullets go right through them. Or at least that how I think of it :D[/QUOTE]
The game doesnt only feature zombies. It features alot of humans you fight and thats where the zombie sponge complaints come from

Whats the special edition have over the regular edition?

Anyone know what version runs/looks better? I actually heard the ps3 version had some screen tearing and other visual issues. WHich is too bad if thats the case, i wanted that version since theres no friggin system link co-op i believe, and i dont have xbox live gold. Is there anyone who has this that can tell me if it does have system link co-op?

^_^x KD

I may have to bite on this the next time. Although I don't think the person I co-op'd Dead Island and Inversion with is ready to play ANOTHER zombie game just yet, even though I've been pestering them to play Dead Rising 2 via co-op constantly.:D

Have not bought it ~ denial topic "can't be as bad as people say it is".

Already have it ~ reassurance topic "I paid $65 and I don't regret it" "it sponges because their zombies guys!!!" "don't expect resident evil and it's amazing".

I bought it. I hated it despite a Herculean effort to enjoy it. I like shooters and don't give a damn about the "not like other REs" factor. It was just lousy.

I bought it. I enjoyed it a lot despite the negative reviews and haters' Herculean efforts to destroy it.

It's not a great game, but if you're okay with some mediocrity in the RE universe, you can have a lot of fun with it (more so with one or more friends online).

When this game first came out either 8-4 play or the girl on Weekend Confirmed said that it originally was not even planned to be a Resident Evil game. However, I believe it was said that playing with a friend multiplayer / co-op was fun other was a snoozefest.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I may have to bite on this the next time. Although I don't think the person I co-op'd Dead Island and Inversion with is ready to play ANOTHER zombie game just yet, even though I've been pestering them to play Dead Rising 2 via co-op constantly.:D[/QUOTE]

i did be down, but my internet has been acting up lately. i Keep getting my connection drop

[quote name='Kenshindono']Whats the special edition have over the regular edition?
[/QUOTE]

I picked one up during the accidental Target clearance of it, and I vaguely remember it having a decent Umbrella steelbook, some sew on patches and dlc codes for all of the various store pre-order bonuses + some special edition exclusive dlc. I think if more SEs were like that (priced at $10 more than the regular version) they'd sell a lot more of em.

I paid full price for the SE of this game on release day. I absolutely love it. You can't go in treating it like a run and gun third person shooter, or expecting resident evil style horror moments. This is a tactical third person shooter that requires precision shooting and teamwork.

I have beaten it a few times now, and I still enjoy playing it quite a bit. Its not perfect, the AI is mildly retarded at times, the voice acting/story are pretty bad, but its very satisfying fragging so many B.O.Ws.

I appear to be in the minority with this opinion though.

I enjoyed it. It is very flawed but it plays a bit better since they patched the game. AI is still stupid but they dont walk into trip mines anymore. The DLC was better in many ways than the main campaign which is kinda sad. I wouldn't recommend it unless you love RE (and even then it's a love or hate thing) or you go with your expectations in check. Heck people bought neverdead at the right price so yeah.

[quote name='wugenius']I enjoyed it. It is very flawed but it plays a bit better since they patched the game. AI is still stupid but they dont walk into trip mines anymore. The DLC was better in many ways than the main campaign which is kinda sad. I wouldn't recommend it unless you love RE (and even then it's a love or hate thing) or you go with your expectations in check. Heck people bought neverdead at the right price so yeah.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the patch fixed a lot of things. The shooting feels better, a lot of glitches seem to have been fixed, people can't infinite melee you to death online anymore, and last time I played it, the AI actually shot at the trip mines which shocked me.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']
I have beaten it a few times now, and I still enjoy playing it quite a bit. Its not perfect, the AI is mildly retarded at times, the voice acting/story are pretty bad, but its very satisfying fragging so many B.O.Ws. [/QUOTE]

Lol...mildly? I watched one of my teammates walk through a pile of flaming debris and then run around the room on fire...in a room with no enemies.

Best buy ad next week

Steeldiver , Metroid other M, Sims 3 pets,---$4.99
Assassins Creed Revelations,Socom 4,Madden 12,Just Dance 3----- $9.99
Final Fantasy xiii 2, Resident evil ORC and Gears of war 3 is listed------$14.99

[quote name='YBX87']i did be down, but my internet has been acting up lately. i Keep getting my connection drop[/QUOTE]
My connection acts up when there's thunderstorms rolling through(like right now). Although I would never think of running my PS3 during a storm really. I usually run to shut it off if it's on and I hear even a small rumble of thunder.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My connection acts up when there's thunderstorms rolling through(like right now). Although I would never think of running my PS3 during a storm really. I usually run to shut it off if it's on and I hear even a small rumble of thunder.;)[/QUOTE]
We had a electrician come down a couple years back and installed a house-wide surge protector, it goes right in the breaker box. The thing wasnt very cheap ($260) but its very nice knowing all of our electronics are protected during all the afternoon T-stomes we get daily in Colo Springs. No more runinng around the house unplugging shit during the major storms.

[quote name='Brother Daz']We had a electrician come down a couple years back and installed a house-wide surge protector, it goes right in the breaker box. The thing wasnt very cheap ($260) but its very nice knowing all of our electronics are protected during all the afternoon T-stomes we get daily in Colo Springs. No more runinng around the house unplugging shit during the major storms.[/QUOTE]

You talking to the wrong guy (IATCG) to consider thinking about getting a surge protector especally for $260 when he still runs on dial-up :D.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Definitely interested in the SE for the right price.

Hopefully same price? I'm even willing to pay $20.[/QUOTE]

same here, anyone (OP?) know if the $15 price tag will be for SE and LE?

[quote name='erdmanski1341']same here, anyone (OP?) know if the $15 price tag will be for SE and LE?[/QUOTE]Unsure, could be YMMV if the stock is right though gotta have cool game reps or be a good talker.

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...mildly? I watched one of my teammates walk through a pile of flaming debris and then run around the room on fire...in a room with no enemies.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I mean I want to enjoy the game and do somewhat, but it's so frustrating for something i view as a cover based squad shooter to have its AI never take cover and walk straight into gunfire instead when that cover is right there in front of it. Still, can recommend for $15 (Personally regret paying $60 for the SE)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My connection acts up when there's thunderstorms rolling through(like right now). Although I would never think of running my PS3 during a storm really. I usually run to shut it off if it's on and I hear even a small rumble of thunder.;)[/QUOTE]

Verizon DSL? If it's raining or if there is a storm within 10mi, the connection will drop. It'll be on/off as long as the storm lasts.

Are BOTH the plain and steelbook edition $15?

[quote name='handsomepete']I picked one up during the accidental Target clearance of it, and I vaguely remember it having a decent Umbrella steelbook, some sew on patches and dlc codes for all of the various store pre-order bonuses + some special edition exclusive dlc. I think if more SEs were like that (priced at $10 more than the regular version) they'd sell a lot more of em.[/QUOTE]

Just fyi, the DLC in the special edition is just a few weapons packs and a set of alternate USS costumes. You're still going to have to shell out $20 if you want the extra DLC campaign (which, in my opinion, was better than the on-disc single player campaign) and bonus multiplayer maps.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Are you Selma from SD?[/QUOTE]

Its Selma Blair, the actress :bouncy:

40709_pro.jpg

[quote name='Japakneez']Its Selma Blair, the actress :bouncy:
[/QUOTE]

Didn't three college film students in Maryland go missing in the woods looking for her at one point?

360 has a free dlc campaign

[quote name='MR_E']Just fyi, the DLC in the special edition is just a few weapons packs and a set of alternate USS costumes. You're still going to have to shell out $20 if you want the extra DLC campaign (which, in my opinion, was better than the on-disc single player campaign) and bonus multiplayer maps.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']360 has a free dlc campaign[/QUOTE]

360 has the Nemesis multiplayer mode.

Both PS3 and 360 have that one free mission for Spec Ops.

Which version is going to be $14.99? I see you guys are saying don't spend more than $10 for this game, but I have a $10 RZ certificate, so I'd only be paying $5.

pretty sure by both he meant 360/ps3, not the se. but ymmv like always.

[quote name='TealPavelski']Sweet. I'd love to get the steelbook version for $15 - my $10 RZ cert.[/QUOTE]

This may have been covered somewhere earlier in the thread but I didn't see it, so will this be online too? I don't have a Best Buy near me anymore so ordering online would be my only option.

I wasn't looking into thread (since I bought it last time, played for 2 hours and sold immediately) until you guys start mentioning the SE. Is the SE being on sale confirmed at $15 or is it pure hope by now?

[quote name='handsomepete']I picked one up during the accidental Target clearance of it, and I vaguely remember it having a decent Umbrella steelbook, some sew on patches and dlc codes for all of the various store pre-order bonuses + some special edition exclusive dlc. I think if more SEs were like that (priced at $10 more than the regular version) they'd sell a lot more of em.[/QUOTE]

ya, doesn't look bad. Now follow up question: is the 15 dollar price both versions or just the regular? Is the special edition gonna be that price too? A few people have asked but no one seems to know

By the way, never got an answer for which version is better. Is the screen tearing and stuff really bad on the PS3? That would be the prefered system for me for this since the old games were on the PS1/2. Plus it seems the game isn't system link so id have to use the free PSN to do multiplayer

*edit* btw whens this run through? I have to ship the items to the store or to me so i want to be able to return/rebuy them within the sale window

^_^x KD

[quote name='TooPoor']I wasn't looking into thread (since I bought it last time, played for 2 hours and sold immediately) until you guys start mentioning the SE. Is the SE being on sale confirmed at $15 or is it pure hope by now?[/QUOTE]

lol, its pure hope

Damn cant find a real head 2 head for this game at all. Lens of truth has some screenshots and thats about it. No actual analysis =( I hear mention that the 360 has an additional multiplayer mode, but im almost positive this is online only for multiplayer. Can anyone who has the game confirm deny if it supports system link or not? I would love the 360 version but my understanding is the whole point of this game is co-op and i cant play online only co op on the 360. That would suck to lose out on a cool muliplyaer mode though

^_^x KD

bread's done
Back