Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

I don't know why either. This is very early on for the graphics since they just built the core game first and are now just optimizing everything until its release this fall.

Eh, it's neogaf. The only people worth listening to there are the developers. And if the developers are complaining then they're not very good developers as they should understand that graphics often change as the engine, gameplay, and art assets get iterated.

Why waste a lot of time getting things looking great for a piece of art that isn't final?

And for that matter, Insomniac gets games out on time, looking good, and with good gameplay and varied environments. I think it's forgivable if it doesn't match Killzone 2's looks when you consider how long Killzone 2 has been in development, and that R2 won't use the same cut and paste level design that all the Halo games used.

Anyone really excited about that short shot of the leviathan in the background? Just seeing the top of it peeking up over the building gave me the chills. Very Cloverfield/Godzilla feeling and I hope they don't pull a Brumak with it and not let us fight it.

I tried applying as a QA tester for the game since I live down the street from them, but it's been 3 weeks and no call, so I guess that's out the window :/

If your gonna be fighting a 300 ft. boss/creature thingy, then I'm pretty sure we'll be fighting that thing ;)

This game looks like one of the PS3's best.
I'll have to borrow my friends. What I played of it for a couple hours was impressive.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't know why either. This is very early on for the graphics since they just built the core game first and are now just optimizing everything until its release this fall.[/quote]

Yea... all I got from the trailers is that it's very early.

Want to see the leviathan, do ya?

2628911132_f696b97354_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/01/want-more-r2-grab-gamepro/

Did anyone else get the email from getawarjob.com yesterday? Gotta say that the marketing for this game is pretty cool.

The official word on the beta:

Hey guys,

Lots of confusion thanks to the Qore announcement.

Here's the deal. We are running a Public Beta, and you will have many ways to get in. The best way which will give you the earliest access to the beta will involve a pre-order program that should be announced soon, (for those of you who don't know what pre-ordering is, you essentially reserve your copy with five dollars down, and that five dollars will go towards the price of the game when it releases).

For all of you folks outside of North America are up in arms because Qore is NA only, please don't worry. This is one of many ways to get in, and we plan to make the beta available in all territories, as we need to test all servers and worldwide play.

Further details on how to get into the beta will be forthcoming.

I apologize for any confusion that has happened given the various offers beta codes. Rest assured, we understand how excited you all are to play Resistance 2, and we're going to do our best to make sure the beta program runs as smoothly as possible.

If you have questions, post below. I'll try to answer over the course of today.

JS

At least you can preorder; I don't like Qore as a concept or as it is applied, so I'm glad any temptation to subscribe to it is alleviated by the R2 beta being made available elsewhere.

It's the cheaper way to get though. ;)

Edit: He also hints at a Special Edition of the game that could revealed at some point. Would that be one of the first times a Sony game's had a SE version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly I was making the point that if you know you are going to by the game, as I'm sure many are, it's cheaper to preorder. Besides, gamestop allows you to change your mind and get your preorder money back..I don't think they'd give you grief for a perk that didn't cost them anything...or maybe I've been spoiled by the incredibly nice/helpful people that work at the one I go to.

And we were clearly talking about just getting our hands on the beta without CAGing it up by looking for deals, tricks, etc and adding in cost of the full game in to the price of the beta.

[quote name='mykevermin']versus $5 down on a $60 purchase I'm already likely to make.[/quote]

If by 'we' you mean 'you,' then yes.

I'm just saying it seems silly to pay for a qore episode if you are pretty sure or know you're going to get it. I don't know that many people who just want to be in the beta who aren't planning on getting the game.

He was under the assumption that Qore was a $25, too, so he'll have to clear that up himself. ;)

If you tireless quest to make me sound like as much of a douchebag as possible (;) if you missed that), I don't think I'll be paying the game anyway, because I should be able to get a review copy of the game when it comes out, so it's just a matter of $5 vs. $3 for me.

We clearly don't know enough about the preorder to make any assumptions about what's cheaper, because they could go the MGO route with a physical item attached the beta that places like Fry's, BB, and others that sell it like a $5 item and not as part of a preorder. All I said is that $3 is cheaper than $5 for purely the beta itself. That's the truth. If you want to add other variables to the equation, that's fine, but that changes the argument completely.

Haha, not trying to make you sound like a douchebag in the slightest. My initial comment was just trying to explain myke's post: regardless of cost for qore, you can get it for basically free if you preorder. To quote your quote: "you essentially reserve your copy with five dollars down, and that five dollars will go towards the price of the game when it releases." Was just trying to clear up the miscommunication between yours and myke's post which just led to more miscommunication, hooray internet.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']And we were clearly talking about just getting our hands on the beta without CAGing it up by looking for deals, tricks, etc and adding in cost of the full game in to the price of the beta.[/quote]

I thought we were all thinking about getting into the beta and buying the game.

Since you corrected me that one day on this games multiplayer, I have actually been really excited to get this game. I will finally get to put my PS3 to good use! Lets hope that Killzone 2 and SOCOM follow suit!

I can't help but think that people picked the wrong guy in the little ARG vote.

Oh well, more Katee Sackhoff is always nice. Plus, they'll have to be getting to Hale sooner or later.

Oddly, I wasn't nearly as interested in this game before the viral campaign. Guess they do work.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ts-psn-tomorrow/comment-page-1/#comment-95908

Hey everyone,

This is Bryan Intihar, community manager for Insomniac Games. Just to clarify a few points about the Resistance 2 public beta.

*You must purchase a subscription to Qore–not just episode 3–to gain premier access to the Resistance 2 public beta.

*As we’ve stated in the past, there will be MULTIPLE ways of getting into the Resistance 2 public beta. The subscription to Qore is just ONE way. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for more details.

Hope this helps.
I guess Qore's not the cheapest way to get into the beta anymore. :whistle2:(

By saying premeire access, its like he is leaving the door open for a possibility. Earlier they said episode 3 would suffice. Maybe it will be like SOCOM, where people get it a week later

From what I've gathered, GameStop is going to run a promotion that gives you a Beta Key if you pre-order Resistance 2.

I opted to get an annual subscription to Qore, because honestly, I'll pay $25 to NOT go to GameStop. I hate that entire company and everything they stand for. Amazon FOREVER

More details on the Qore R2 Beta Sign-up:

- Qore Annual Subscribers will be invited to the beta under “Premiere” status and be given early access.
- Qore Ep 03 (single Episode) purchasers will be guaranteed access to the beta at a later date.
- All invitations will be made via email/voucher - the beta WILL NOT be accessed through the Qore download center.
- There will be multiple programs and methods to get access (or a chance to participate) in the Resistance 2 Online Beta. Details to follow.

How long can this beta go? IGN has the game releasing 11/4, and supposedly the beta starts late September? Is this going to be like a 2 week beta?

Ah, another voicemail from projectabraham.com

Not everyone will like getting calls to their cell phone, but still a cool way to hype the game.

anyone have a link to the audio from the most recent phone message? i missed the call again last night.

i feel like Ralphie from Christmas Story when he's using his decoder ring. i expect these messages to be great, but they get me with the "don't forget to drink your Ovaltine" every time.

So i preordered at Gamestop...does that mean I will be able to get in on the beta? I apologize if it's been mentioned already but theres too many pages to look through to find an answer. Thanks guys :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So i preordered at Gamestop...does that mean I will be able to get in on the beta? I apologize if it's been mentioned already but theres too many pages to look through to find an answer. Thanks guys :)[/QUOTE]

shit, i saw a gamestop poster, that says you pre-order and get in on the beta. i cant remember if it was for r2 or socom.

[quote name='paz9x']shit, i saw a gamestop poster, that says you pre-order and get in on the beta. i cant remember if it was for r2 or socom.[/quote]
It's for both games, which is mentioned earlier on this page.

Looks like the beta is out, anyone got in?
If you're a member of the PlayStation Underground, you might have been selected to join an early private beta for Resistance 2, which -- as we've been told -- many lucky gamers have already downloaded and are currently playing.

Sorry you are not approved to participate in the Online Beta (yet)! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Morphine']Looks like the beta is out, anyone got in?

Sorry you are not approved to participate in the Online Beta (yet)! :([/quote]

So does this mean that qore subscribers can get in now?

doesn't sound like it.

I just played through Resistance for the first time, and loved every moment of it. Varied environments, great battles, good learning curve, a passable narrative, and better than any FPS ever because I found that I used almost every weapon at some point to get past certain spots (as opposed to a Bioshock wrench-fest or Doom rocket-launcher through 27 of 30 areas).

It deserves more respect than it got (at least outside the PS3 community).

Totally looking forward to R2 now.

This beta isn't the one that preorders and Qore people can get into, as Sony picked from a different group for this private beta. If you see someone playing "Girl with a Stick" on your friends list, they're actually in the R2 beta.

Hey guys I missed my chance to get a resistance 2 beta code and I am dying to play the game. I have given countless beta codes away in the past to those in need, so I was wondering if anyone could give one to me for a change. If not that is cool. It was just worth it to ask. If you are willing to give me one please pm me. Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back