Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

That's 70 different map configurations. However, I think there is basically only 7-10 different maps that are huge in size (they're meant for the 60 player matches). Then those large maps are broken down into smaller versions for smaller player counts.

For example, in the Orick, CA map you might have a 16 player version of the map set around the Lumber Yard, or alternatively around the town area.

I barely made it into the first one (was very boring in the beginning), but this looks totally amazing. Can't wait. I'm sure there will be plenty of CAG's in there every night for some 8 player co-op. I will bring down any team that I'm on! (I suck)

[quote name='smiggity']Holy shite!! 70 multiplayer maps!?!?! Thats crazy.[/quote]

and i thought 40 player was crazy. Thats fucking nearly twice the amount of people! I can only imagine the size.

The premier beta is said to start early or mid october. Last I heard it was going to be around the 6th but that may have been pushed back.

Keep in mind, there's two dates for the beta. Premier and public. The premier beta is for people who pre-ordered and Qore subscribers and will probably start a week earlier than the full public beta. The public beta is for people who signed up for the beta online.

[quote name='Vanigan']The premier beta is said to start early or mid october. Last I heard it was going to be around the 6th but that may have been pushed back.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct. IIRC it was suspected to start after the SOCOM beta was over.

Oh and, anyone else really, really excited about the co-op in the game?

Sure, I'm going to like the single player campaign, and the multiplayer. But we haven't had this level of co-op game except in MMOs.

I mean, on top of just normal killing enemies together with friends, you get 3 classes that have to work together in interesting ways. You also gain experience and pickup loot (boss enemies can drop Grey Tech items that give you a bunch of experience). There's also bosses that aren't found in the SP campaign. Not to mention you get masses of enemies to fight. Dynamic maps with dynamic scaling enemies.

Other games may have a similar list of features overall, but R2's co-op makes it stand out. Not Halo 3, not GoW2.

Does the game adjust for the extra players in Co-op? I played through the first Resistance with my son and we had a great time, but it did not ramp up the difficulty when a second person was playing - which made co-op far easier.

Dude, Resistance 2 looks so cool... :drool:

I LOVE the Coop! It's just like an MMORPG (like WoW instances) and everyone has their roles. And you fight these bosses that take like 10 minutes to take down!

So cool!

The game not only randomizes the levels a bit every time you play it. It also adjusts the difficulty (via both enemy toughness, enemy types, and enemy quantity) depending on how many players are in the game and the skill level (ranking) of those players.

And you can also drop in and drop out of co-op online. The game will then scale the next encounter to the current group. So if you have 6 friends playing online together and 2 more join in, after they finish off their current encounter, when they move on to the next encounter it'll be that much more difficult.

Yeah, I think that one of their big inspirations in how they did co-op was MMO raids. Except this time with a lot more action.

Keep in mind, they plan to add to R2 with DLC, and one very obvious area for extra stuff is extra co-op missions and classes. They could throw in a Sapper class later on that specializes in creating drones and armoring up teammates. Or even without adding a new class they could add in more berserks and unlockable abilities/gear.

This game has a preorder bonus of some sort at Best Buy, on the box it says "exclusive multiplayer skin". Then when you open it up the card says to download your exclusive PS3 theme. Then on the other side it again talks about the theme...followed by instructions on how to download your multiplayer skin. So we'll see what it actually is when the game comes out I guess.

This is common. We already know Amazon has the Dr. Malikov skin, which is a typical looking scientist with white lab coat. Kinda seems odd seeing him run around multiplayer games.

By the way the IG staff have already confirmed that in multiplayer you'll not only be able to customize which base human model or chimera type you are, but you'll also be able to customize your outfit to an extent.

You know, if you're getting the game anyway.... and getting it at Gamestop.... they give a beta access code with the pre-order.

Or, if your morals are of a questionable nature, you can put down $5, get the code, and cancel later.

...just sayin'.

Here's a post for people looking for R2 beta codes and explaining the beta situation.

The public beta is broken up into two phases. The Premier phase is for people who pre-ordered or Qore subscribers. The public phase is for people who signed up via the website, people who bought the Qore episode, and other methods online.

The public beta applications are closed on the official resistance site. However, certain websites will probably offer R2 beta spots as the public beta nears.

Gamestop might still have some pre-order beta codes. Check with them to see if they got in their vouchers. A pre order is only $5 with them and if you end up not liking it you can get your money back.

The beta currently has no officially announced start date. Some people here may say it was supposed to start on the 6th but this is incorrect, there is no starting date for the beta announced. They say early October, so the beta should start in the next 2 weeks.

Anyone looking for co-op buddies on PSN should add me to their friends list. I love playing co-op.

I got mine at Gamestop today, but I can not log into the site that it wants me to register the key. Anyone else having this problem?

http://register.myresistance.net/

Wow, did not work when I tried it, but since I linked it here it all of a sudden works....oh well there is the Gamestop link.

Also, when entering the code add the minus symbol or dash (-) in there. My code said it was invalid. added the dashes and it worked just fine.

Right way:
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Wrong Way:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

i just got finished calling PlayStation support and also told me that the beta codes started being sent out on the 13th for the people who are the annual subscribers of qore (before October) and those who reserved the game, everyone else will receive their codes on the 22nd. if u don't believe me u can call Sony support for your self.

bread's done
Back