Resistance 3 - Doomsday Ed. (game + Move stuff) - $149.99

AwRy108

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought this deserved it's own thread because it's a good deal for people wanting to jump head-first into the Move AND play Resistance 3:

Resistance 3 - Doomsday Ed. - $149.99 @ Amazon

INCLUDES:

• Resistance 3
  • Move controller
  • Navigation Controller
  • PlayStation Eye Camera
  • PlayStation Move Sharpshooter

Resistance3-DoomsdayEd.jpg

This is an awesome deal that I have planned on getting. I don't have any Move stuff, and I know I'd use that Sharpshooter as well. I asked in the 'questions' forum about these types of bundles, but didn't get much of a response. Do these type of bundles sell out fast, or do they drop lower in price to make for an even better deal? Was the SOCOM 4 bundle the only other bundle like this?

Also, Gamestop is giving away a bonus with this bundle. A necklace and Multiplayer Boost Pack.

[quote name='barrit']This is an awesome deal that I have planned on getting. I don't have any Move stuff, and I know I'd use that Sharpshooter as well. I asked in the 'questions' forum about these types of bundles, but didn't get much of a response. Do these type of bundles sell out fast, or do they drop lower in price to make for an even better deal? Was the SOCOM 4 bundle the only other bundle like this?

Also, Gamestop is giving away a bonus with this bundle. A necklace and Multiplayer Boost Pack.[/QUOTE]

The SOCOM version is actually pretty hard to find. It is the only true bundle that I'm aware of. Some retailers packaged Killzone 3 and the sharpshooter together but it wasn't an official bundle.

I have preordered two copies of this from Best Buy at 20% off (so $120 each) as it was included in their Buy 3 accessories get 15% off buy 4 get 20% off deal. I think I added rocket fish blu-ray/dvd cases as my other two fillers at $2.99 for 3 cases x 2 to get my total of four accessories in.

So is this now technically included in the best buy "preorder 5 games to get $100 GC" deal?

**Nevermind i looked and it is included

Since when is MSRP a deal? I mean if it were 10 dollars off that would be a deal. I mean this is the deals section afterall.

[quote name='gargus']Since when is MSRP a deal? I mean if it were 10 dollars off that would be a deal. I mean this is the deals section afterall.[/QUOTE]

Deal_or_No_Deal_Coverart.png

i think that like the socom edition this is a pretty good deal. however, it doesn't solve the problem that most of us ps3 owners have. i bought the start the party move bundle on a price mistake so now i have the move controller and ps eye. but i'm still missing the navigation controller and sharpshooter.

there should be a separate bundle for the sharpshooter and navigation controller only. they wouldn't even have to include a game.

[quote name='PublikDefender']there should be a separate bundle for the sharpshooter and navigation controller only. they wouldn't even have to include a game.[/QUOTE]
You could have bought the sharpshooter and nav controller in their own retail packages when all PS3 accessories were 20% off some weeks ago (Target?).

Nav is on sale now @ GS I think & TRU had the Move controller for $33 like 3 weeks ago. The sharpshooter will be on sale near the release of R3 as will other move stuff & when "major" move games release but as of yet there hasn't been a "defining" move game that came "MOVE" units.

Edit:I'm bout to post next weeks target ad & there's "20% off selected Wii/PS3 accessories"

CAG: Where MSRP Bundles are deals.

"Let me add some badass pictures and content on the thread and it will pass as a deal"...

[quote name='AwRy108']Thought this deserved it's own thread because it's a good deal for people wanting to jump head-first into the Move AND play Resistance 3[/QUOTE]

For all the people drinking their daily allowance of haterade: I considered it a deal because, to buy each of these items separately at their current Amazon prices, you're looking at nearly $210. So, as stated above: for people interested in Move and Resistance 3, this is still the cheapest route.

Also, I didn't include this in the official thread for CE's because, well, it's not listed as a CE; rather, it's a Resistance 3 + Move bundle.

I put the deal and the price directly in the thread title, so if you're don't like the deal, then why bother coming into the thread? Oh, and I even provided a link, which is more effort than many of the registered CAG d-bags put in these days.

Even though some may not consider this a deal, others may. Why do this
nutkick.gif
to the OP of a thread when they're actually trying to contribute and not just lurk on here?

It's like some on here(including me at times) just like to
deadhorse.gif
(beat a dead horse) by pretending to be 'witty', when it's only them laughing at their own smarmy comments.

[quote name='gargus']Since when is MSRP a deal? I mean if it were 10 dollars off that would be a deal. I mean this is the deals section afterall.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is a deal when it's better than the current MSRP.

See: 3DS price drop thread, any price drop thread for any game ever.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even though some may not consider this a deal, others may. Why do this
nutkick.gif
to the OP of a thread when they're actually trying to contribute and not just lurk on here?

deadhorse.gif
(beat a dead horse) by pretending to be 'witty', when it's only them laughing at their own smarmy comments.[/QUOTE]

Chimpest, defender of justice!

I played the game with the move bundle and I hated it. While it was foreign, I got a hang of it but hated having to swing my whole body to turn my head on the game. Felt like I was more on rails just so I didnt have to jerk around. My two cents.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even though some may not consider this a deal, others may. Why do this
nutkick.gif

deadhorse.gif
(beat a dead horse) by pretending to be 'witty', when it's only them laughing at their own smarmy comments.[/QUOTE]

Texas hammer, I fight for you!
052107_jimadler.jpg

FPS should deserve to be played on a mouse and of course a controller if you're a console guy but motion controls? NO! Rail shooters yes but FPS, NO! Other than that, I wish House of the Dead Overkill HD had a similar bundle like this.

Guys! Go to bestbuy.com, buy 3 of these:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...oductCategoryId=abcat0715007&id=1218244146461
and then Resistance 3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...oductCategoryId=abcat0715007&id=1218360618921

You bring it down to 127.17 (free pickup from store) and boosh. If you're like me and have giftcards and reward certs. you can use you can bring it down even further. ALSO, it counts towards the 5 pre-order games from Bestbuy with 100 dollars if you're doing that. This is a SICK deal at 127.17.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Guys! Go to bestbuy.com, buy 3 of these:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Game+Case+3-Pack/1251502.p?skuId=1251502&productCategoryId=abcat0715007&id=1218244146461
and then Resistance 3
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...oductCategoryId=abcat0715007&id=1218360618921

You bring it down to 127.17 (free pickup from store) and boosh. If you're like me and have giftcards and reward certs. you can use you can bring it down even further. ALSO, it counts towards the 5 pre-order games from Bestbuy with 100 dollars if you're doing that. This is a SICK deal at 127.17.[/QUOTE]

I posted that deal last month:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299924

This is a much better deal than the retail price "deal" that was posted in the OP.

informer

I've been wanting to get a move controller and this looks like the best way. Never play the first two Resistance games though. I'll probably grab them use or in the double pack before I play part 3.

Is the sharpshooter really that great? I mean are people really holding and aiming that thing for hours at a time? I Admit I actually almost bought the socom bundle but then realized how much of a waste it would probably be.

[quote name='AwRy108']

1. For all the people drinking their daily allowance of haterade: I considered it a deal because, to buy each of these items separately at their current Amazon prices, you're looking at nearly $210.

2. I put the deal and the price directly in the thread title, so if you're don't like the deal, then why bother coming into the thread?

3. Oh, and I even provided a link, which is more effort than many of the registered CAG d-bags put in these days.[/QUOTE]

1. So where is the Kinect bundle deal thread? I mean, the Kinect is $150 and the xbox 360 consle is $200, then the 250 GB hard drive is $130. You need to put a Kinect $400 bundle deal... :lol:

2. I put the MSRP deal and the price directly in the thread title, so I can please my fanboyism. FIXED

3. WOW, you included a link. Thank you sir for saving me 30 seconds of my life :applause:

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']FPS should deserve to be played on a mouse and of course a controller if you're a console guy but motion controls? NO! Rail shooters yes but FPS, NO! Other than that, I wish House of the Dead Overkill HD had a similar bundle like this.[/QUOTE]

So all those reviews praising Killzone 3''s motion controls were just wrong I guess? If done properly I don't see any reason why motion controls shouldn't be an option.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Guys! Go to bestbuy.com, buy 3 of these:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...oductCategoryId=abcat0715007&id=1218244146461
and then Resistance 3

You bring it down to 127.17 (free pickup from store) and boosh. If you're like me and have giftcards and reward certs. you can use you can bring it down even further. ALSO, it counts towards the 5 pre-order games from Bestbuy with 100 dollars if you're doing that. This is a SICK deal at 127.17.[/QUOTE]

Awesome trick! Thanks guy.

I also had a 15$ GC that I have been meaning to use at best buy and this is the perfect time to do so. :applause:

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Is the sharpshooter really that great? I mean are people really holding and aiming that thing for hours at a time? I Admit I actually almost bought the socom bundle but then realized how much of a waste it would probably be.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty damn cool, as playing it for hours on end, no fucking way. my arms get tired after a half hour or so. I think the longest I've played at once is about a hour.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its pretty damn cool, as playing it for hours on end, no fucking way. my arms get tired after a half hour or so. I think the longest I've played at once is about a hour.[/QUOTE]

Wish it came in black...the color scheme on it blows. I should just spray paint mine :p

[quote name='Kyoz']Wish it came in black...the color scheme on it blows. I should just spray paint mine :p[/QUOTE]
All toy guns must have orange color painted near their muzzle for legal reasons. Sony is not about to risk getting into a possible lawsuit just because some kid brandished a sharpshooter in the public and got shot by police.

I guess a gun metal colored body with the original orange part would still look pretty damn cool.

The sharp shooter is red in Europe (or parts of) to make it look more toy-like. I think it actually fits better with R3's color scheme so I wouldn't even mind if they sold it here

sharpshooter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']All toy guns must have orange color painted near their muzzle for legal reasons. Sony is not about to risk getting into a possible lawsuit just because some kid brandished a sharpshooter in the public and got shot by police.

I guess a gun metal colored body with the original orange part would still look pretty damn cool.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I totally understand that, I'm just wishful thinking.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The sharp shooter is red in Europe (or parts of) to make it look more toy-like. I think it actually fits better with R3's color scheme so I wouldn't even mind if they sold it here

sharpshooter.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That actually looks pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back