Retro City Rampage Vita and PS3 free for PS+ XMAS

Yuck. Diet Pepsi is such an 80s drink...I bet you even put milk in it, Laverne.

On Topic: What soda do they drink in RCR?

[quote name='i MarK i']Quick question, I've be wanting to get PS+ for my Vita, is wipeout 2048 still available for free download?[/QUOTE]

yepper, I believe the original igc for vita hasn't changed yet.

[quote name='GT']Yuck. Diet Pepsi is such an 80s drink...I bet you even put milk in it, Laverne.

On Topic: What soda do they drink in RCR?[/QUOTE]

Only think I've seen them drink so far is milk.

[quote name='tylerh1701']If every PSN/XBLA sale is going to get it's own post, why do we bother having the mega-threads?[/QUOTE]

Because I appreciate the individual threads. I would have missed the free Halfbrick game day if it didn't get its own post. The megathreads are good for those who come here every day, but the individual threads work for me so they have their uses as well.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Because I appreciate the individual threads. I would have missed the free Halfbrick game day if it didn't get its own post. The megathreads are good for those who come here every day, but the individual threads work for me so they have their uses as well.[/QUOTE]

When there are random free games (like the Halfbrick games) it's understandable, or extra special one-day sales. But this is just the regular free PS+ game for the week. We get one every week. Anyone with PS+ should know to pay attention to the weekly updates to see what games/discounts are given away every week.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Same here. This is why I have not bought Journey yet even thought its going on sale for the 2nd time.[/QUOTE]
I also held out on Journey until GS put the CE on sale for $15. I like having physical media.

Hm, RCR is free right now, but Unit 13 doesn't seem to be discounted yet. I hope I remember to check tomorrow!

[quote name='Tom Ato']PS+ is actually stopping me from buying games. I don't know if this is Sony's intent, but I held off on RCR and now I'm glad I did, and I will continue to hold off on future games.[/QUOTE]
Same boat here. I held off on Retro City Rampage specifically because I thought it'd go free some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty happy about RCR, was hoping for it to go on a deep Steam sale or come out for Mac, but this'll do. Sony will still get my money for Papo Y Yo and one or two of the other PS+ discounts, so they still win...

[quote name='i MarK i']Quick question, I've be wanting to get PS+ for my Vita, is wipeout 2048 still available for free download?[/QUOTE]
Yep! Jet Set Radio HD leaves the Vita Instant Game Collection next Monday.

[quote name='tylerh1701']When there are random free games (like the Halfbrick games) it's understandable, or extra special one-day sales. But this is just the regular free PS+ game for the week. We get one every week. Anyone with PS+ should know to pay attention to the weekly updates to see what games/discounts are given away every week.[/QUOTE]
This isn't the regular PS+ game....it's a Christmas gift.

[quote name='ubdu']Hm, RCR is free right now, but Unit 13 doesn't seem to be discounted yet. I hope I remember to check tomorrow![/QUOTE]
Unit 13's price just got updated to $12.94 for PS+ members!

Just thought everyone would get a laugh outta this. Got this from DietPepsi

libel can get u in truble even if it is ove net u say i lillerate that mean u cant ead that its not true since u lie i can sue it u mite want 2 deleete ur post be4 i dont give u achance thank u tim
When the majority of the words in your post and messages are spelled incorrectly it comes across as you being illiterate. Libel is only libel if it is not true...lol

I love that people get to play these games for free, but damned if I'm gonna buy stuff anymore if I can just wait and get it for free. Like I just bought this game a week ago.I was gonna grab book of memories or ragnorok odyssey soon, but shit, I'll just wait a couple months and play them for free. Hey, thanks Sony!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I understand that, however the way it is listed here is a little misleading.

Retro City Rampage (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)
Retro City Rampage PS Vita (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)

It looked like it was some sort of holiday bonus that it is yours to keep forever or something... was just wondering... relax.[/QUOTE]

I love how people assume when u are being rude thru just a text or a message board message. When all I did was answer your question. Paranoia at its finest. Merry Christmas anyway.

[quote name='DietPepsi']lets b honest with ourselve: this game look like crap that is y it is free.u guy will jus waste hard drive spac donlod it. this is not insult 2 op 4 postin rather the maker of game 4 putting out crap and then try 2 "xcuse it" by doin it free 2 play. sorrey i do not fall 4 it. thx 4 tryin op....[/QUOTE]

Are you mentally impaired?

[quote name='jwk94']This isn't the regular PS+ game....it's a Christmas gift.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is. It's just the regular PS+ game for the week. It will become unplayable if you let your PS+ lapse, just like all the other PS+ games in your download history.

Wow... Just my opinion here but I would not of paid $2 for this game. I grew up on 8bit gaming, and I do not need the flashiest graphics - But I just cant get into this game. I played for about 20 minutes, am I missing something here?

[quote name='SteveGo']Are you mentally impaired?[/QUOTE]

He OD'D on coke, hence why he loves pepsi. :lol:

[quote name='Tom Ato']PS+ is actually stopping me from buying games. I don't know if this is Sony's intent, but I held off on RCR and now I'm glad I did, and I will continue to hold off on future games.[/QUOTE]
I hesitated because of this but bought it anyway/ Wish I hadn't I'm scared to buy stuff these days.

[quote name='exceed19']Wow... Just my opinion here but I would not of paid $2 for this game. I grew up on 8bit gaming, and I do not need the flashiest graphics - But I just cant get into this game. I played for about 20 minutes, am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

It's not great. It has some very funny moments, but the gameplay is a little bit lacking. The beginning is all over the fucking place as well, kind of hard to get into. Overall, it's ok.

For free we can't complain. But it's definitely not a great game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think it is. It's just the regular PS+ game for the week. It will become unplayable if you let your PS+ lapse, just like all the other PS+ games in your download history.[/QUOTE]

Right, but it's a christmas gift. The next PS+ game comes next week. This was just a nice addition to the PS+ catalogue.

I don't know if I would, like some have said, stop buying games while being a PS+ subscriber. I still plan to play BioShock Infinite & The Last of Us during launch week. That is unless PS+ brings one of these triple-S games to the Instant Game Collection around launch week, at which point I will be blown away.

I wont stop buying games but every PSN game or older popular PS3 game gives me pause. For example part of the reason I have not bought any Killzone games is because I am waiting for them to show up on Plus. I didn't buy any Walking Dead games because of the chance more would go free.

At the same time I hardly ever buy anything on Live so at least PS+ has me thinking about their downloadable games. And playing some free games makes me want to buy others.

[quote name='exceed19']Wow... Just my opinion here but I would not of paid $2 for this game. I grew up on 8bit gaming, and I do not need the flashiest graphics - But I just cant get into this game. I played for about 20 minutes, am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as you and i am just not able to get pass about half an hour.

not really sure I understand the logic behind not buying any psn games because it will eventually show up on ps+. Not all games will be free via plus and just think of all the good titles you will be missing out on. The walking dead for example is worth every penny. On a side note: just bought journey and snake eater (surprisingly I never got around to play this game back in the day)

I guess if you're never gonna let PS+ lapse and are happy/backlogged with what you've gotten, you don't have to buy games again.

The free games have usually been stuff I've played, stuff I own, or things I can run better on PC. I add them to my download list because I want my free shit, but the value for me is that I'm buying at least a couple of games a month thanks to the deeper discounts on sales.

it's nice to have 3 years of plus free though, or else I'd probably be grumbling a bit more.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm probably the only one who this happens to. Every time I see Retro City Rampage. I automatically think River City Ransom.[/QUOTE]

that's definitely on purpose.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm probably the only one who this happens to. Every time I see Retro City Rampage. I automatically think River City Ransom.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and then it just makes me want to play River City Ransom instead. This game looks pretty terrible to me, but I'll at least give it a shot for free. Don't expect to like it at all though, but I'm sure there are people that will.

1st code sent was wrong gender then 2nd was used already.... not a good start oh well wasted time doing and figuring out what i had to do. 2x Fail...

I got this game at release and wish I had waited although I did have a lot of fun with it. Being a PS+ subscribers I too will just be spending $50 a year on plus for the free games and probably won't buy anything. I have such huge library of games I could never play them all anyway even if I just count in the PS+ free games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think it is. It's just the regular PS+ game for the week. It will become unplayable if you let your PS+ lapse, just like all the other PS+ games in your download history.[/QUOTE]
They dont give PS+ games for 1 week. The instant game collection stuff is avaible for weeks and then rotated out. This is something different and an extra game they are just throwing out there for Christmas

[quote name='Havok83']They dont give PS+ games for 1 week. The instant game collection stuff is avaible for weeks and then rotated out. This is something different and an extra game they are just throwing out there for Christmas[/QUOTE]
You're quite wrong about this.

It replaced Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on the Vita IGC list and it's not available for just one week, which is why it wasn't on the list to expire from PS+ next week in yesterday's update. If it were a special bonus, nothing would have been removed from the IGC for it to replace. Rochard is also another recent IGC game that was offered for just one week and wasn't a special bonus either.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're quite wrong about this.

It replaced Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on the Vita IGC list and it's not available for just one week, which is why it wasn't on the list to expire from PS+ next week in yesterday's update. If it were a special bonus, nothing would have been removed from the IGC for it to replace. Rochard is also another recent IGC game that was offered for just one week and wasn't a special bonus either.[/QUOTE]
Someone posted that according to the PS Blog it would only be available through the 30th

Came to ask the same. Played about 20 minutes and have no interest in starting it again. Wondered if I was the only one who didn't like it.

[quote name='Havok83']Someone posted that according to the PS Blog it would only be available through the 30th[/QUOTE]
The deal for normal PSN members lasts until next week, not it being free for PS+. If it's only available for one week, they would say so up front, but there's nothing about RCR expiring for PS+ next week.

I need to download is soon I guess. If I do vita it'll give me the os3 version if correct. So I'll just hit up a wifi spot tomorrow and download it to the vita!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're quite wrong about this.

It replaced Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on the Vita IGC list and it's not available for just one week, which is why it wasn't on the list to expire from PS+ next week in yesterday's update. If it were a special bonus, nothing would have been removed from the IGC for it to replace. Rochard is also another recent IGC game that was offered for just one week and wasn't a special bonus either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Frisky.

Me too. Whenever I see RCR, I think River City Ransom. Why can't people just spell out the names? Most of the time I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Saw the trailer for the game and said.... No thanks.

I have Halo 4 , MW3 , Sonic racing and many more games in the backlog. Time is precious when you work over 40+ hours a week.

bread's done
Back