Retro Gen - Portable Genesis - Preorders $40 @ Gamesboro.net

anji2128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
A good friend of mine who owns a video game store in Statesboro, GA is getting in some new Sega Genesis consoles distributed through Innex. I could sit and try to explain everything to you, but I'll let his post from over at Sega-16 do the talking.

"I finally confirmed pricing with Innex so our preorder is officially up and running on the Retrogen system.

It is actually LESS than I thought it was going to be, $40.00 in fact!

Retrogen preorder

Our site is relatively new, and I'm hoping that the Sega-16 community will support us. We focus on classic gaming, and try to get hard to find items. Over the next couple of days you are going to see more and more items appear on the site. This is our first big preorder move so we are hoping that it is very successfull, it is also the lowest price to be found anywhere on this unit!

Feel free to stop by http://www.gamesboro.net as well and see what our community is up too.

If you have any questions you can PM me or send an email to [email protected] "

He's a pretty cool guy and he's legit. If you have any further questions to ask me feel free to do so.

retrogen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mkelehan']Well, since E3 was less than two months before they plan to have this mass produced and sold, I pretty much can. If they had a better prototype, they sure as hell wouldn't have shown what they did on the show floor to potential buyers.

Hey, your money. But if you think I should keep quiet about what I played at E3, well, I think you're missing the point of E3. :)[/QUOTE]
A lot of publishers end up putting up demos at E3 from months-old code, just because that stuff takes time to put together -- time that they can't use to be working on the actual game. Sad, but true.
Thus, I wouldn't really be 100% confident that a hardware prototype at E3 is using their latest tech, either. After all, making hardware is way more time-consuming that burning revs.

[quote name='gibbyva']Lets see..

Some of us (like me) have PSP 3000 models or simply don't want to mod their PSP and risk bricking it.

Some people do not even have a PSP

PSP button layout sucks for a lot of GEN titles.

Pretty neat lil portable but I still have my Nomad if I ever even wanted to take GEN gaming on the road. Something I haven't done since prolly 2001 though. Any Genesis gaming I do these days is on the CDX in the living room.

I'd like to see a Genesis, SNES or NES clone with component output finally come along, I'd be all over those.[/QUOTE]

Sure you can... but I have a shitload of carts that I can utilize in this thing. Also it's a nice peace in any retro-lover's collection. Plus i wanna see ppl's faces when I on the subway as i pull out a bigass genesis cart, insert it into this thing and effing play it.

[quote name='fairtrade']I wonder what would happen if I plugged a 32x into the top of it.[/QUOTE]

On a realistic note, you'd need to power the 32x and plug that into a TV.

But screw that. CDX 2.0!!!!!!

Having read your posts so far, I do have something to point out:

Emulation-wise, this machine plays ACTUAL genesis cartridges with REGION FREE built in. I've played ported games before. I've played emulated games too (NOT nescessarily the same thing) and indeed emulation costs the gameplay heavily in some games, graphics in most. But if this is HARDWARE "emulation" (NOT SOFTWARE AS IN THE CASE OF PSP CRAPSHOT EMULATION GAMES), how can it possibly change the gameplay of any ORIGINAL Gen/Mega-Drive Cartridge?

My opinion:
The Nomad ate through batteries, had a flickering screen, no reset button (X-Men anyone?), and was heavier than a model 3. Yet, I loved it and love it still. Why? Because it was a HANDHELD SEGA GENESIS.

How bad do I want this new Retro-Gen (Or Firebox or whatever they want to call it)? Well, let me just say that only TRUE retro gamers could understand this: PRETTY DARN BADLY!!!!

On another note, and this goes to RETRO-GAMER and WANNABE-RETRO alike, One should at least appreciate the fact that this is a NEW SEGA Genesis/MD (Clone or Not). Whilst the rest of us sat on our arses playing these gems from the last decade, these guys at Firebox decided to give the fans some hope and actualy made the effort to bring that plan into fruition. The time is near, We've waited for something like this for so long, even gave up on the idea of Sega as Hardware enterprise (BTW, licensing means SEGA gets a piece of the action, too). Will you be willing to pass this up? How about the regular console version? I personally choose to view these two items as the NOMAD 2 and the Model 4 genesis/MD respectively. Why not? If you're a true Retro Gamer....NO, If you're a TRUE SEGA GENESIS Retro Gamer, then you would definitely understand this.

QuickSciFi I understand wanting a new portable Genesis, but doesn't the bad button layout and d-pad discourage you? A bad controller can really impact a game's fun.

Does the button layout put us off? Yes it does. Does the d-pad leave something to be desired? Sure. BUT IT'S A PORTABLE GENESIS!!

You had to be there.

[quote name='robbyH']Does the button layout put us off? Yes it does. Does the d-pad leave something to be desired? Sure. BUT IT'S A PORTABLE GENESIS!!

You had to be there.[/QUOTE]

I was there. It's called a Nomad.

Or nowadays a PSP.

[quote name='placebo1']I was there. It's called a Nomad.

Or nowadays a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Now I have a psp 3000, so I'm SOL!

[quote name='eastx']QuickSciFi I understand wanting a new portable Genesis, but doesn't the bad button layout and d-pad discourage you? A bad controller can really impact a game's fun.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I just fail to see this aversion for the button layout. It is styled in this form (If you look at the device) because the device itself is as small as it gets, and so are the buttons, while maintaining a screen of this size. try tilting the button layout in your mind and you'll see that this 6-button arcade style (at minimal size each) just won't fit. And yet, how is tilting your hand or wrist slightly going to discourage you or impact the gameplay? There's nothing that discouages me from getting this machine. $40. Come on. Even in this economy, how cheap is that?

P.S.> This should not be a battle between modern handhelds and this retro-gen. The retro-gen is what its name implies - A portable for the retro gamer (Sega genesis, that is).

P.S.S.> BTW, playing emulated games on a newer device, such as the PSP, makes you as much of a retro gamer as it would if you played a ported version of , say, Street Fighter II with a 4-button layout. It just doesn't cut it. It will never be the same this way. If you're retro, you play retro, and that means playing the original game in its native device...Period!

Dude, carrying around an entire Genesis library (and being able to save whenever you want) is so much easier and more convenient than toting around individual cartridges, it's not even funny. Not everyone wants to play old games by hooking them up to a black and white TV using an RF converter either.

Er...sorry...but I guess we're just not "retro," at least not to those strict standards. The Arbiter of the Retro has spoken, bless his word.

By the way, he contradicted his own definition of "retro." This isn't the games' native device. If he buys this, he's not "retro."

[quote name='eastx']Dude, carrying around an entire Genesis library (and being able to save whenever you want) is so much easier and more convenient than toting around individual cartridges, it's not even funny. Not everyone wants to play old games by hooking them up to a black and white TV using an RF converter either.[/QUOTE]

This is how we differentiate the true RETRO-GAMER from the WANNABE-RETRO. I don't remember a time when my genesis console was plugged into a Black and White TV. Never have, never will.

Perhaps you're missing the point. I advocate ease-of-use; but when referring to RETRO gaming (SEGA Genesis, in this instance), it will never be the same with emulation. Most of these games weren't even meant to be saved, that is what added to the difficulty quality of many. If anything, it made for a better gamer. With emulation, you loose this concept, the feel of a true analog controller, the yearning to get past that final level when you can ACTUALLY BRAG about beating the game (Perhaps even acquire a few passwords this way and add to a whole new gaming experience that is well-deserved, one that YOU achieved, not stole or downloaded from another source for mere ease-of-use).

It may be a dying art, perhaps not, but the concept of cartridge gaming goes far beyond the ease of downloading emulations. Some of us even like to collect them. Perhaps one day even DVDs, blue-rays and High Def discs will be obsolete, maybe sooner than you might expect, but we will all remember the time when we ACTUALLY OWNED our video games...

...Keep up with this trend and soon enough that's what you'll get, a gaming console with no games...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Er...sorry...but I guess we're just not "retro," at least not to those strict standards. The Arbiter of the Retro has spoken, bless his word.

By the way, he contradicted his own definition of "retro." This isn't the games' native device. If he buys this, he's not "retro."[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you assume too much. Here's a direct quote from my own post in this very thread: "...I personally choose to view these two items as the NOMAD 2 and the Model 4 genesis/MD respectively. Why not? If you're a true Retro Gamer....NO, If you're a TRUE SEGA GENESIS Retro Gamer, then you would definitely understand this."

Clearly you do not.

QuickSciFi, firstly you're a newb with no avatar, condescending to established users. You have no credibility.
Secondly, you don't get to define what's "retro" and what isn't. BigDaddyBruce pointed it out pretty well but it seems to have bounced right off of you. I'm surprised that you're willing to use one of these "new fangled" computers to get on the internet and make bad jokes to us.

[quote name='eastx']QuickSciFi, firstly you're a newb with no avatar, condescending to established users. You have no credibility.
Secondly, you don't get to define what's "retro" and what isn't. BigDaddyBruce pointed it out pretty well but it seems to have bounced right off of you. I'm surprised that you're willing to use one of these "new fangled" computers to get on the internet and make bad jokes to us.[/QUOTE]

I intend to establish nothing son. I apologize if I sounded condescending to your postings. It seems you desire to eliminate my own definition of "retro" and dismiss it as inestablished and incredible. Yet, you substitute it with one of your own choosing. How convenient, I might add. Who is BigDaddyBruce? If indeed this person has a concept or definition of retro-gaming I would love to hear it. I am always quite enthusiastic about redefining my own.

P.S.> I am a Biomedical Scientist, college professor and a writer of Fantasy and Science fiction. I came to this site to clear my mind and because I love video games, just like the rest of you, I hope. We do have lives of our own and issues that grant higher concerns than attaining "avatars" and such.

P.S.S> It was this very thread which instigated my registration to CAG. I may be a "Newbie" here, aye, but not to the world of gaming, I assure you. I write with passion because it is what I love to do. Please, do not feel offended or misconstrue my words; but if there is an issue that entices me, I will certainly attempt to express my opinion.

Hey, don't assume that because others don't have the same narrow view of how classic games should be played that they are younger than you (at least not dramatically so). Plenty of gamers, old and new alike, embrace technological advances. That's kind of built into being a gamer, considering that videogames are form of media that relies heavily on technology. Yes, along the way we get some people who don't like 3D games, don't like online multiplayer, or whatever the newest trend in gaming is. But such people are a minority, and arguably less passionate about gaming than everyone else. Here is where you made your mistake. You assume that your view of how old games should be played is either the most correct one or at least the prevalent one, whereas it is neither. It's a minority viewpoint.

Nowhere did I substitute my own definition of retro gaming. I did argue that the convenience of being able to carry an entire console library (and add new features such as save states) outweighs the tactile pleasure of physically inserting individual cartridges into the system. Anyway you look at it, that's a more logical argument than what you're peddling. You also feel that said tactile pleasure outweighs the inconvenience of poorly-laid out controls. (Don't forget that there's no way that d-pad performs as well as an original Genesis one or any other modern d-pad.)
But if inserting the LP into the record player gives you more pleasure than listening to an Ipod, that's your business. Just don't talk down to the rest of us or expect that your opinion is going to be shared by the majority of classic gaming enthusiasts.

[quote name='eastx']Hey, don't assume that because others don't have the same narrow view of how classic games should be played that they are younger than you (at least not dramatically so). Plenty of gamers, old and new alike, embrace technological advances. That's kind of built into being a gamer, considering that videogames are form of media that relies heavily on technology. Yes, along the way we get some people who don't like 3D games, don't like online multiplayer, or whatever the newest trend in gaming is. But such people are a minority, and arguably less passionate about gaming than everyone else. Here is where you made your mistake. You assume that your view of how old games should be played is either the most correct one or at least the prevalent one, whereas it is neither. It's a minority viewpoint.

Nowhere did I substitute my own definition of retro gaming. I did argue that the convenience of being able to carry an entire console library (and add new features such as save states) outweighs the tactile pleasure of physically inserting individual cartridges into the system. Anyway you look at it, that's a more logical argument than what you're peddling. You also feel that said tactile pleasure outweighs the inconvenience of poorly-laid out controls. (Don't forget that there's no way that d-pad performs as well as an original Genesis one or any other modern d-pad.)
But if inserting the LP into the record player gives you more pleasure than listening to an Ipod, that's your business. Just don't talk down to the rest of us or expect that your opinion is going to be shared by the majority of classic gaming enthusiasts.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you misunderstood. I may have used the word "son," but it is just an expression. You have misconstrued my statements, even though I asked politely of you not to do so. I inquired upon this in polite form so that you would not make a fool of yourself in your next posting. Aye, I used the word "son" (just an expression, that is all). Aye, I said I am a Biomedical Scientist, College professor and writer of Fantasy and Science Fiction. I also said I am not a "newbie" in the world of gaming...ALL TRUE. But, you are wrong to ASSUME that I am much older than you. The truth is, I MAY BE YOUNGER THAN YOU. I use correct, legible language because I've been instructed as such in my didactic upbringing. I find no fault in my statements but the need to be more thorough:

If indeed you read my full posting, respectfully, as I have yours, you would have noticed my mention that it was this very thread which prompted me to register in CAG. This thread is about the rebirth of an icon in handheld form (clone or not). It was my utmost intention, as a retro gamer, to maintain that. You are simply mistaken to note I do not advocate technology.

If you would have read my other postings, you would have fully noted my views on emulation. However, these are the only two subjects on which I've chosen to dictate my opinion. But if you desire to inquire upon my personal views on technology, perhaps you should have read my EVERY line. I am a scientist. I write about science fiction half the time. Frankly, I reccon you did not truly believe I do not advocate science and technology when you read this much about me.

Once again, were are writing under this current thread for one reason alone, the rebirth of an icon. If you feel you must trash a device you've only seen in pictures simply to maintain your "superiority," then I guess that, indeed, you ARE missing the point--just as you have when you noted I do not advocate technology. I call myself a RETRO-GAMER because I love the classics. It does not nescessarily mean I grew up with all of these, but it certainly means I appreciate the technological achievement each gaming console, and the respective library of games, maintained. So that you will not make a fool of yourself in your statements the next time, I write thus:

I love video games --> NEW and CLASSIC .

This was a thread established under classic gaming which later moved to CAG Deals. There is no need to implement your notion of NEW GENERATION GAMING when all I refer to (and so did the individual who started the thread in the first place) is CLASSIC RETRO GAMING. There is no comparable contest between these two subjects. To love RETRO GAMING does not imply an aversion to NEW GENERATION GAMING. I came to CAG to clear my mind and express MY opinions. I respect yours. Please, I ask you to do the same.

Dude, I haven't made a fool of myself at all. It's not my fault if you communicate vaguely or you choose to assign new meanings to things you've already posted. Now I can tell you're smart, but breaking out the antiquated/overly formal language doesn't help your case. Perhaps if you wrote in a more natural way, it'd be easier to find that elusive meaning that you say I've missed. You can say that son is an expression all you want - maybe you're not familiar with how to use it. When you call someone who is not your child "son," you are accusing that person of being either dramatically younger than you (and thus childlike) or a child. Now you know.

Maybe you forgot that you said this:

It will never be the same this way. If you're retro, you play retro, and that means playing the original game in its native device...Period!

...Where you were condescending and attempting to be authoritative. That provided me with the fuel for the rad analogy of LPs/MP3s and Genesis cartridges/ROMs, sure. But it's also hypocritical as you're advocating playing Genesis carts on a new, poorly-engineered device and yet condemning playing ROMs on a superior device. (If you feel that the PSP isn't appropriate for playing Street Fighter 2, that's fine. But there are about 500+ other Genesis games to enjoy on it.)

I'm not bashing the RetroGen for being a portable Genesis at all. That in itself is a fine idea, even if a different portable device can eclipse its abilities. The question is: Is the RetroGen a well designed device? Like I said, the control problems are symptoms of a flawed design. If the outside is bad, who knows how bad the inside is? Maybe the thing manages to be great anyway, but it's wise to be wary.

[quote name='eastx']Dude, I haven't made a fool of myself at all. It's not my fault if you communicate vaguely or you choose to assign new meanings to things you've already posted. Now I can tell you're smart, but breaking out the antiquated/overly formal language doesn't help your case. Perhaps if you wrote in a more natural way, it'd be easier to find that elusive meaning that you say I've missed. You can say that son is an expression all you want - maybe you're not familiar with how to use it. When you call someone who is not your child "son," you are accusing that person of being either dramatically younger than you (and thus childlike) or a child. Now you know.

Maybe you forgot that you said this:

It will never be the same this way. If you're retro, you play retro, and that means playing the original game in its native device...Period!

...Where you were condescending and attempting to be authoritative. That provided me with the fuel for the rad analogy of LPs/MP3s and Genesis cartridges/ROMs, sure. But it's also hypocritical as you're advocating playing Genesis carts on a new, poorly-engineered device and yet condemning playing ROMs on a superior device. (If you feel that the PSP isn't appropriate for playing Street Fighter 2, that's fine. But there are about 500+ other Genesis games to enjoy on it.)

I'm not bashing the RetroGen for being a portable Genesis at all. That in itself is a fine idea, even if a different portable device can eclipse its abilities. The question is: Is the RetroGen a well designed device? Like I said, the control problems are symptoms of a flawed design. If the outside is bad, who knows how bad the inside is? Maybe the thing manages to be great anyway, but it's wise to be wary.[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion. I really do. But, as I have written in my own post, I just fail to jump on this aversion for the button design, let alone the device's capabilities, which I have yet to experience. Aye, you may need to adjust your wrist, if only slightly, to maintain the same possible gameplay of an original 6-button, arcade-style, Genesis/MD hand controller. But, noting that the 6-button layout on the Retrogen is a flawed design from an outer perspective, as you have said, is simply a contradiction in its own right.

When analyzing the PSP (or the controller of any modern console), as has become your chosen analogy, one can easily make an otherwise flawless comparison, hand in hand, when it comes to button-layout. I suggest you return to the first image of the console and glance at it once more. If you do so, and this goes back to your original inquiry, you'll note that the first buttons from left to right retain the same diamond arrangement as that found in any modern controller (including the PSP), without the need of wrist adjustment. I may be one of your so-labeled "minority," but I plan to use the controls on this device as one would any 6-button, arcade-style sega genesis hand controller. However, if it is indeed your choice to maintain the same gameplay as one obtains on a PSP (or any modern device, for that matter), for emulation-sake or not, then I see no point to this argument. If it is "hardware emulation," as I described in one of my previous postings, then you should be able to rearrange the controls on the device to a 4-button layout or any other of your choosing (this should be easy enough to attain, at the very least, with simple hardware modification; that is, of course, in the event that the Retrogen fails to bring available software, internal or external, for button reconfiguration).

So, tell me, of what exactly should we be cautious beyond that? Sure, it may crash just like a brand new XBOX 360 crafted and manufactured by our known-to-be reliable and trusted conglomerate, but it certainly will not be upwards of $300. It is a mere $40. And, if indeed it breaks, which I doubt will happen, then I shall do with Firebox the same as I would with Microsoft...send back the device.

P.S.> I know I am not being vague in my writing. If anything, I am being overly thorough. I choose this form of literature because it is the same as I use on my own. It allows me to empty my mind without recurring observations. I promise in the future I will try to summarize as much as I can. If I was condescending, then I apologize.

P.S.S.> In answer to your chosen quotation, I believe I spoke my mind as you did yours. Pertaining to my own definition of Retro gaming, I hold that it is not merely all about the palpable construct of the physical cartridge, as you may have implied, or even the feel of its placement within the console itself. It is much more than that. When I play retro, I yearn for the difficulty challenge provided by the game's original gameplay (and that includes original button configuration), the proper placement of the sprites within the screen (including timing, color, brightness, to name three), not to mention the notion of originality overall as well as the pride of ownership, to name a few.

P.S.S.S.> I do not wish for our corresponding postings in this thread to maintain a negative attitude. In view of your last postings, I believe we can both learn a great deal from one another if we simply kept to the subject at hand. Though differently, it is established that we both appreciate gaming.

[quote name='gibbyva']Lets see..[/quote]
lets

[quote name='gibbyva']
Some of us (like me) have PSP 3000 models or simply don't want to mod their PSP and risk bricking it.[/QUOTE]
there is no risk of bricking it. pandora battery is your god. if you have a psp 3000 you failed already.
[quote name='gibbyva']
Some people do not even have a PSP[/QUOTE]
a used psp 1000 is about $80. you get everything this thing can do and oh so much more
[quote name='gibbyva']
PSP button layout sucks for a lot of GEN titles.[/QUOTE]

this is false. and coming from someone without the ability to play it; thinking you can brick a psp by modding it... (not to mention the angle of the buttons on this handheld are remedial. there are barely any genesis games out there you need more than 4 buttons for anyway. the ones you do are fighting games with superior ports already on the psp.
[quote name='gibbyva']
Pretty neat lil portable but I still have my Nomad if I ever even wanted to take GEN gaming on the road. Something I haven't done since prolly 2001 though. Any Genesis gaming I do these days is on the CDX in the living room.[/QUOTE]
nomad? on the go? do you have an alkaline battery plant in your basement? are you kidding?
[quote name='gibbyva']
I'd like to see a Genesis, SNES or NES clone with component output finally come along, I'd be all over those.[/QUOTE]
or you can get a psp 2000.

^+1!

...genesis blows anway. who the hell want to play genesis games? why would you make this?! NO ONE LIKES GENESIS!!!!

Hi everybody, I'm new here.

I'm the owner of Gamesboro and we will be getting a sample Retrogen Portable early to test out. We plan on really putting it to the test and recording the results to share with everybody. I'll be sure to post a link to the videos once they are uploaded.

I'm trying to make a name for us on the internet, and in the future we are going to always try to be on top of retro system releases, accessories, classic game oddities, and only charging a $5.00 fee for shipping anywhere in the US, no matter how much you buy on a single order.

Hopefully all that mess/trolling about emulating and crap is over, thanks to the surprise cameo by the dude who owns Gamesboro. Looking forward to the videos. Thanks for posting, Beastech, and welcome to CAG! I promise we're all not quite so argumentative. ;)

[quote name='Beastech']Hi everybody, I'm new here.

I'm the owner of Gamesboro and we will be getting a sample Retrogen Portable early to test out. We plan on really putting it to the test and recording the results to share with everybody. I'll be sure to post a link to the videos once they are uploaded.

I'm trying to make a name for us on the internet, and in the future we are going to always try to be on top of retro system releases, accessories, classic game oddities, and only charging a $5.00 fee for shipping anywhere in the US, no matter how much you buy on a single order.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, bro. $5 flat shipping sounds pretty good, especially if one is buying a bunch of systems in one order.

[quote name='Beastech']Hi everybody, I'm new here.

I'm trying to make a name for us on the internet, and in the future we are going to always try to be on top of retro system releases, accessories, classic game oddities, and only charging a $5.00 fee for shipping anywhere in the US, no matter how much you buy on a single order.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting on CAG. I'm looking forward to your videos.

QuickSciFi

Don't have my demo unit yet, but I got in the official flyers today! Notice that the MSRP for the Retrogen is $49.99. Well, I promised $40 preorders and thats what I'm sticking with. The price is going to have to go up once the unit is out though. So get it while its hot!

sellsheet_RETROGEN_watermark_low.jpg

Thanks for posting, Beastech.
Man, I can just imagine accidentally hitting the precariously-placed Reset button and losing my game.
The face buttons are really at a high angle -- almost 3 rows of 2 rather than 2 rows of 3. I'm sure you can get used to it, though.
When you actually test it out, please make sure to track the battery life: Keep it on from charged until dead, and see how long it lasted.

What's interesting is that there is a market for these consoles, yet the original manufacturers don't make these types of combo machines -- maybe they feel it will take away from there present product line.

I don't know bsesb, but even the Genesis 3 was manufactured by Majesco.

ViolentLee - No worries bud, I'll track that battery life. The button setup to me doesn't look like it will be too hard to get used too, it is certainly better than the first Retromini NES that had the flipped A and B buttons. I guess I'm just glad that it is a 6 button layout instead of 3.

I plan on testing a Tototek flash cart, Game Genie, all of the Sonic games, Ranger-X, Beggar Prince, and a Japanese copy of Truxton in the video. If you guys have any other suggestions feel free to speak up. If I've got it at the store I'll pop it in and try it.

Unfortunately the only Virtua Racing cart I have for Genesis isn't working, the sega logo starts to come together and it locks up. Same place every time, no matter what version of the Genesis I try it on. If anyone has any idea on how to get this working again I'll try it out on the Retrogen.

Hey Britt,

If ya can't find one before Thursday I'll try to find one and bring it by the store. I would do it sooner but will be out of town from tom to Wed.

any news on this yet? I really want to get one, but if the emulation is crappy, i'll pass.

I'll hang up and listen.

[quote name='gibbyva']Lets see..

Some of us (like me) have PSP 3000 models or simply don't want to mod their PSP and risk bricking it.

Some people do not even have a PSP

PSP button layout sucks for a lot of GEN titles.

Pretty neat lil portable but I still have my Nomad if I ever even wanted to take GEN gaming on the road. Something I haven't done since prolly 2001 though. Any Genesis gaming I do these days is on the CDX in the living room.

Well, now you can do it on a PSP 3000.....so....X that Excuse.
It looks pretty cool, but Id rather just play it on my computer or PSP.

bread's done
Back