Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really say I care much for the DC comics. But am looking forward to see if tomorrow there is a sale. Thanks StarknightX. Good work on the thread actually, got the One Piece Season 1, part 2, 3 and 4 (I mentioned it about a week ago).

[quote name='nightmare452']Can't really say I care much for the DC comics. But am looking forward to see if tomorrow there is a sale. Thanks StarknightX. Good work on the thread actually, got the One Piece Season 1, part 2, 3 and 4 (I mentioned it about a week ago).[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words.:D Putting the whole thing together initially was a bit time consuming to type in all the vbcode and making sure the links were right and all that , but now that everything is all set up , it makes it much easier to just plug in all the new info into the old vbcode format.

As I mentioned before I'm always open to suggestions on ways to make the thread better looking , easier to use , whatever.

As for whether there is a sale tomorrow , I don't think Right Stuf ever DOESN'T have a sale. It's just more of a question of whether the sale is good or not. General the 3-4 day sales are less impressive than the 7+ day sales , but a lot of that mostly is due to the size of the companies that get featured.

Still, good work. I check almost everyday if something new is posted, this is the only movie related thread I check on an average basis, before it was kinda up and down, especially anime deals.

[quote name='nightmare452']Still, good work. I check almost everyday if something new is posted, this is the only movie related thread I check on an average basis, before it was kinda up and down, especially anime deals.[/quote]

It's a generally safe bet that the only days the thread will really be updated are Thursdays and Mondays. Thursdays for the new weekly sale items , as well as possibly new coupon deals. Monday will be the other day that new coupon deals usually go up. As I'm sure you've already noticed though , if the thread does get updated , or a notice needs to be posted , I'll bump the thread to let everyone know.

Not much in the ADV sale I want, I'll probably have to get something from the weekly specials to pad out to free shipping. It's kind of a good thing- that full-time postion I finally got promoted to in November? Found out yesterday our store's being downgraded and it's getting eliminated. End of Febuary, I'm forced back to part time. I need to find a new job, I'm sick of being stuck in a company that won't even give me full-time hours, let alone a chance for advancement.

Updated the thread with the new coupon code and new featured sale items. I have NOT updated the featured Weekly Specials because I have not received the email about them yet :( As soon as I do that will be updated as well.

[quote name='Gden']I'm seriously tempted to get Princess Tutu for that price, and Ghost Stories[/QUOTE]

Again, I'd like to point out for everyone that PRINCESS TUTU IS SO fuckING GOOD!!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Again, I'd like to point out for everyone that PRINCESS TUTU IS SO fuckING GOOD!![/quote]

Hell yes it is!

Finally got the email so the weekly special highlights have been updated as well.

So as not to let this seem like just a pointless bump , I'll also mention how excited I am , because the right stuf email also mentioned that they are finally taking pre-orders for Mysterious Cities of Gold Complete Collection on dvd.:whee:

I will probably be pre-ordering Clannad at that price. With Best Buy spotty on new anime lately its not worth waiting to see if it ever comes up on the website and if it ever is going to come to stores. Which is annoying since i have reward zone money to spend. and to concur Princess Tutu is great. Its a weird little series about fairy tales and the mechanics of story telling that make for great conflict and strife between characters and the "roles" they are given and the destinies such roles seem to inexplicably lead them to. And ah well, lots of classical music and ballet. If you like point one or point 2 you should get it certainly.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Finally got the email so the weekly special highlights have been updated as well.

So as not to let this seem like just a pointless bump , I'll also mention how excited I am , because the right stuf email also mentioned that they are finally taking pre-orders for Mysterious Cities of Gold Complete Collection on dvd.:whee:[/QUOTE]

Yeah cities of gold! I saw that was being released and IMed any friends I could think of. None of them actually remembered it, sadly. At 37 ish for the whole series i will be almost certainly picking it up at some point

Tempted to get...
Kanon Vol. 2 w/ artbox
Kanon Vol. 4
Air TV. Vol 2 w/ artbox
Membership

Total: $60-$80

Also want to get Clannad Collection!

I need some MONEY. X_X :cry:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Anyone see Pet Shop of Horrors? I loved the manga so I'm interested.[/quote]

I enjoyed it, but I felt the manga was better. It's fine by itself since it picks some of the more interesting chapters as material, but then again I did start with the anime and then run all the way through the manga. What a rush!

[quote name='flam3_haz3']Tempted to get...
Kanon Vol. 2 w/ artbox
Kanon Vol. 4
Air TV. Vol 2 w/ artbox
Membership

Total: $60-$80

Also want to get Clannad Collection!

I need some MONEY. X_X :cry:[/QUOTE]

You gotta finish the Key anime series, they are great. I have both of those boxes and they really are great looking boxes. And for Clannad they won't charge you until it ships in March, so its a future expense, not a current one. At least that is what I told myself when I just ordered it.

Definately getting Clannad. It's a great series and for that price, it's a complete steal even with shipping included. MSRP is normally $40.

It's from the creators of Kanon and Air TV (Both great series'). I recommend this series to anyone wanting a good innocent series that makes you laugh.

This sale would have been better three or four years ago. ADV has been in a downward spiral ever since they announced the live action Evangelion movie...

Or maybe I'm just bitter that they picked up the rights to Violinist of Hameln and then tabled the series.

I know the show is great, I've seen both shows already, I just haven't had the money to buy either show (and they came out at a bad time so ADV didn't send out copies of it to any retailer like best buy)

[quote name='thelonepig']
Or maybe I'm just bitter that they picked up the rights to Violinist of Hameln and then tabled the series.[/QUOTE]

Did they license the anime and manga. Because the least they could have done is release the manga.

Did I hear someone metion Mysterious Cities of Gold!!!!?

[quote name='Frag Rev']Definately getting Clannad. It's a great series and for that price, it's a complete steal even with shipping included. MSRP is normally $40.

It's from the creators of Kanon and Air TV (Both great series'). I recommend this series to anyone wanting a good innocent series that makes you laugh.[/quote]

RE: Clannad ( Note: Clannad is SUBTITLE only. There is NO English dub. )

Unfortunately from a dub fan's standpoint, it's a complete waste of money to pick up Clannad. The lack of dub makes the decision so much easier; No dub, No purchase.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']RE: Clannad ( Note: Clannad is SUBTITLE only. There is NO English dub. )

Unfortunately from a dub fan's standpoint, it's a complete waste of money to pick up Clannad. The lack of dub makes the decision so much easier; No dub, No purchase.[/QUOTE]

Dude its never going to get dubbed, so if the choice is subbed Clannad or no Clannad, I'd take subbed Clannad in a second. Preferences between dub and sub are one thing, but some series are worth getting in whatever format they release it in.

Correction: I thought FUNimation has Clannad, but ADV has Clannad. Apologies, thanks to DuelLadyS. Then hopefully ADV films will quickly lose the rights to Clannad so that FUNimation can pick it up and give it an appropriate dub. I have no idea why I thought FUNimation had Clannad. Maybe because ADV films was simply re-releasing a slew of their old titles.

Basically everything said below is before DuelLadyS made the correction.

Edits made where I could. *[*edit: ADV films has Clannad] :( Sad face because if FUNimation actually had Clannad, the chance of it getting dub would have been SO MUCH better, seeing as how FUNimation releases titles with both DUBs and SUBs. *

[quote name='Grico']Dude its never going to get dubbed, so if the choice is subbed Clannad or no Clannad, I'd take subbed Clannad in a second. Preferences between dub and sub are one thing, but some series are worth getting in whatever format they release it in.[/quote]

Not if preference is watching anime dubbed. Not if someone who doesn't watch subtitles. Not if buying a subtitle product simply means it'll stay factory sealed, collecting dust.

If sales are miserable for subtitle Clannad, the idea of getting it dubbed down the line absolutely dwindles. Yes, subtitled only releases has a smaller target audience. Releasing Clannad by manufacturer "X" also dwindles the chance of seeing a second manufacturer take hold of it that may have wanted to give it a full blown dubbed treatment. The fact that FUNimation [*edit: ADV films has Clannad]is going to release Clannad sub, shatters the thought of another company possibly giving Clannad the dub treatment. FUNimation [*edit: ADV films has Clannad] has licensed Clannad, meaning no other manufacturer currently has the right to release Clannad for region 1 territory.

There are probably a handful or plenty of past anime releases that were never meant to be dubbed, but received dubbed treatment anyway. Never say never. Here's hoping that Clannad may eventually get a dub down the line. Yeah, here's hoping. No one thought the Dallas Cowboys would get massacred by the Philadelphia during the final stretch of the regular NFL season, but things happen. Most people never thought we would ever see an African American become president. Things happen.

Niche titles such as Kanon and Air TV both received dubbed treatment. ADV films turmoil probably wasn't solely due to these releases; their downfall was due to various reasons. But being the giant FUNimation is [*edit: ADV films has Clannad], plus the fact that it appears fans of Kanon/Air TV consider Clannad to be the better of the three Kyoto Animations, giving Clannad a proper dub treatment isn't far fetched despite its "niche."

Sure economics and financial analysis dictates how something gets released. But this doesn't mean all niche titles, past or present, will receive subtitles only. A dub may have been possible if FUNimation [*edit: ADV films has Clannad] would have simply postponed this release.

Proper marketing can sell anything. Dub Clannad and market it like no other.

With respect to ADV film's sale, want but probably won't pull the trigger due to budget constraints
1. Red Garden Vol 1 2 3 4 5 (supporting ADV singles rather than FUNimation set)
2. Pumpkin Scissors Vol 1 2 3 4 5 (supporting ADV singles rather than FUNimation set)
3. Kanon Volume 1 2 3
4. Air TV Volume 1 2 3 4

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Sure economics and financial analysis dictates how something gets released. But this doesn't mean all niche titles, past or present, will receive subtitles only. A dub may have been possible if FUNimation would have simply postponed this release.

Proper marketing can sell anything. Dub Clannad and market it like no other.
[/QUOTE]

Umm... ADV has Clannad, not Funi.

I believe that ADV would have liked to dub Clannad, but their recent failing simply made them unable to afford it. I also like to imagine that, if it does well, we could see a 'deluxe' boxset later with a dub, most likely featuring Vic Mignogna in some way. :lol:

'Course, I agree with your reasoning for not buying it anyway. Understanding the whole economics and such behind it doesn't change the fact that you don't like subs- and that's all the reason you need.

I went crazy and ordered a ton of stuff I have been wanting for a while...

$3.00 Dark Water DVD (Hyb) LiveAction
$23.99 Gamera DVD Box Set (Hyb) LiveAction
$41.99 Godannar DVD Complete Collection
$17.99 Guy: Double Target DVD (Hyb) Adult
$4.00 Guyver DVD 1
$7.00 Guyver DVD 2 w Box
$4.00 Guyver DVD 3
$4.00 Guyver DVD 4
$4.00 Guyver DVD 5
$4.00 Guyver DVD 6
$4.00 Guyver DVD 7
$23.99 Mezzo Complete Collection DVD
$47.99 Nadia, Secret of Blue Water Perfect Collection

Plus my GotAnime discount, which isn't shown here, and free shipping.

I'm sad that ADV has had so much trouble, and now lots of their classic titles are out of stock. I never got Mothra, darn it! Had to order the adult version of Dragon Knight Wheel of Time used from Secondspin.com. ADV was located an hour from where I live and sent everyone who bought one of their early VHS tapes a Christmas card drawn by Lorraine Reyes in their first year.

Oh, and Mysterious Cities of Gold is awesome! It looks like you only get special features if you buy the deluxe version. I'm all over it though - gotta see those deleted scenes. Did you guys know that the series was loosely based on a book? It's $7 at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Fifth-S...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232796911&sr=8-1

[quote name='eastx']I went crazy and ordered a ton of stuff I have been wanting for a while...

$4.00 Guyver DVD 1
$7.00 Guyver DVD 2 w Box
$4.00 Guyver DVD 3
$4.00 Guyver DVD 4
$4.00 Guyver DVD 5
$4.00 Guyver DVD 6
$4.00 Guyver DVD 7
$47.99 Nadia, Secret of Blue Water Perfect Collection
[/quote]

Dagnamit. Every time I see Dark Water I immediately get excited and think that Pirates of Dark Water is being released on DVD...

[quote name='eastx']I went crazy and ordered a ton of stuff I have been wanting for a while...

$4.00 Guyver DVD 1
$7.00 Guyver DVD 2 w Box
$4.00 Guyver DVD 3
$4.00 Guyver DVD 4
$4.00 Guyver DVD 5
$4.00 Guyver DVD 6
$4.00 Guyver DVD 7
$47.99 Nadia, Secret of Blue Water Perfect Collection[/QUOTE]

Haha, oh man, I forgot all about Guy: Double Target. It might be the worst thing ADV has ever released.

Why do you say that? I think it has a lot more heart than most modern hentai titles, great art by AIC, and a catchy theme song to boot. ADV has released Legend of the Mystical Ninja (which I enjoy but I realize is pretty bad) and the American Mega Man and Street Fighter cartoons, you know.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']RE: Clannad ( Note: Clannad is SUBTITLE only. There is NO English dub. )

Unfortunately from a dub fan's standpoint, it's a complete waste of money to pick up Clannad. The lack of dub makes the decision so much easier; No dub, No purchase.[/QUOTE]

Oh wait..it really isn't dubbed? We're absolutely sure about it? If so, I'm not sure I'll pick this up yet then. I like being able to have the show running without having to look at it for subtitles, I can just hear it in the background whenever; which is why I prefer it to be dubbed.

Hm, that might change my opinion on it. I already have DVDs of it with subtitles; I don't really need another.

what's this deal about ADV? are they having problem as a company (like financial and stuff) or they just have a worse and worse selection of titles by day?

[quote name='jererjerer']what's this deal about ADV? are they having problem as a company (like financial and stuff) or they just have a worse and worse selection of titles by day?[/QUOTE]

Yes they have been having major financial and business problems for about last year. They lost a bunch of their licenses when they had a falling out with a Japanese backer/licenser. They are slowly coming out of it, so their slate is certainly reduced compared to the past.

[quote name='eastx']Why do you say that? I think it has a lot more heart than most modern hentai titles, great art by AIC, and a catchy theme song to boot. ADV has released Legend of the Mystical Ninja (which I enjoy but I own to be pretty bad) and the American Mega Man and Street Fighter cartoons, you know.[/quote]

The American Mega Man cartoon is pretty bad. If I could get it for really cheap I might pick it up just to watch it for how bad it is. I remember watching it as a kid and liked it even though I could tell it was corny even back then. Nostalgia can't protect this show for me.

Highlight of the show that I can remember is once when Roll helped Mega Man defeat Cut Man by turning her arm into a toaster and shot electrified toast and him , which destroyed him.:lol:

[quote name='the_punisher']Weekly highlights change today?[/quote]

You read my mind. Unfortunately I have yet to receive the weekly sales email (as was the case last week , and most likely the case most weeks). If I receive it before 12:30 , I'll update it before I go to work , otherwise it won't be updated until after 11pm tonight.

[quote name='the_punisher']Weekly highlights change today?[/QUOTE]

That they do, but it takes them a while to get everything set up. Try this afternoon or early tomorrow.

Personally, I wish they'd be quicker about it... it kinds of sucks when the studio sale changes to something good, but you have to wait all day to check the weekly specials update.

Weekly Special Highlights have been updated. Although I'll usually don't make recommendations towards purchases (mostly because I haven't seen THAT much anime to make many recommendations) I will say that if your looking to spend $30 this week , get Berzerk over Scryed.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']FIBBER! Few things are worse than s-CRY-ed. Berserk isn't one of them.[/quote]

s-CRY-ed was entertaining, and I could easily name hundreds of shows worse than it. :/

Everyone used to hate the Berserk anime. Why the love now?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']s-CRY-ed was entertaining, and I could easily name hundreds of shows worse than it. :/

Everyone used to hate the Berserk anime. Why the love now?[/quote]

I can agree that Scryed was entertaining , but it wasn't a great show by any means.

Since when was everyone hating on Berserk?

[quote name='the_punisher']As for s-cry-ed, wasn't it $3 cheaper yesterday?[/quote]

Wish I could give you a definite answer , But I don't think it was.

[quote name='StarKnightX']
Since when was everyone hating on Berserk?[/quote]

Since it aired? I'm not talking about here on CAG. I'm talking about the general anime community.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Berserk < s-CRY-ed

Gankutsuo is $6/DVD. They were selling it at $10 per before.[/quote]

Gankutsuou is being rereleased by Funi in a boxset.

bread's done
Back