Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
noooo missed oout on gungrave DAMMNIT!!1o1ne!!111

o well picked up death note 7-9 with figurines

[quote name='pete5883']Everyone is buying Slam Dunk, right? :cool:[/quote]

I picked up Slam Dunk 1 and 2 in my second order. I bought 22 volumes of manga.

Netcomics sale started today. I'll try to get the OP edited either late tonight or early tomorrow.

For anyone that missed the end of the VIZ , I partly apologize. I was going to bump the thread last night as a reminder , but it said the coupon code would go through midnight tonight (maybe it still will?).

In any case for future note (for myself and anyone else) always assume that a coupon sale will end on a Sunday or a Wednesday.

[quote name='StarKnightX']For anyone that missed the end of the VIZ , I partly apologize. I was going to bump the thread last night as a reminder , but it said the coupon code would go through midnight tonight (maybe it still will?). [/quote]

It is still valid through today. This is the third sale in a row that they've done this for (1st was a typo, 2nd was for superbowl weekend), so it remains to be seen if this will become a trend or not.

[quote name='G33']It is still valid through today. This is the third sale in a row that they've done this for (1st was a typo, 2nd was for superbowl weekend), so it remains to be seen if this will become a trend or not.[/quote]

Well that's reassuring , for me since it's annoying to list a sale running a certain date only for them to end it earlier , and for others I'm sure since it makes it harder to know when they have to get their orders in by.

FYI , I don't plan on updating the thread for the netcomics sale (completely).I will still copypasta the sale info link into the thread and change the title listing to prevent any confusion , but I don't have the time ATM to update the OP when the sale will go off tomorrow , and have to redo it again thursday. I will update the thread appropriately for thursdays sale.

On that note , does anyone have any comments/suggestions about the title zero/six? It's part of the netcomics sale and it seems kinda interesting for reasons I can't completly figure out.

FINALLY got around to updating the OP. Sorry for the wait everyone , been a bit of a busy week for me.

Of note on the weekly specials , there appears to be a bunch of stuff left over from the Funimation sale (One Piece , Yu Yu Hakusho) as well as stuff from the last few weekly specials (Noien , Zone of the Enders) so if you're interested in picking up any of those you've got another week.

Also of note , for those of that interest and persuasion , there appears to be a lot of adult titles on sale this week.;)

Sunday reminder that although the last few sales have run through monday (this week again says so on the coupon code) today and (hopefully) tomorrow are your last days to order anything from the Geneon sale.

Sonic X season 5 and 6 are 3.00 a piece. o_O That's pretty cheap. They also have 1/3 of the first season (one of the "sagas") for 3.00 as well. That's super cheap. I wish they had the other two parts, I'd be tempted to order the entire Sonic X series for 15.00+ shipping.

I wanted to give thanks to the OP and this thread for introducing me to the existence of Right Stuf.

May want to add Mushi-Shi as a notable "Bargain Bin" item for $5 each volume (1-6). #1 is currently sold out, but it did come back once already.

Too bad they don't have the starter set with the box, but it's still a great deal for those who want to complete their collection, or for those (like me) who don't care for the condensed thinpak set.

Mushishi at $5 sounds like a good deal.

I got Death Note up to Vol. 8 from BB, and they have Vol. 9 w/ figure for $25, so i may order that and Yu Yu Hakusho Vol. 4 for another $20 to complete the collection.

A new sale is up as well, but no anime =/.

Still plenty of sale priced DVDs in the Bargain Bin though.

Speaking of Death Note w/ figures, FYE.com has some of those as part of their Buy 1 Anime Get 1 offer. Can come out to cheaper than Right Stuf if you can find equally priced items.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Still plenty of sale priced DVDs in the Bargain Bin though.

Speaking of Death Note w/ figures, FYE.com has some of those as part of their Buy 1 Anime Get 1 offer. Can come out to cheaper than Right Stuf if you can find equally priced items.[/QUOTE]

No FYE's near me =/

Very Late Update to the thread. Right Stuf isn't helping me much as I didn't even receive the weekly update and coupon sale emails until like early saturday. On top of that , I never even received the one from the digital manga publishing sale , which is partly the reason I didn't update the thread for it (I know I could've just gone to the site and checked there but it makes it easier to remember to update when I get the email).

In any case , the coupon sale and items have been updated , as have the weekly specials.

[quote name='Gden']If anyone cares, the sale is now digital manga publishing til the 4th[/quote]

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) happen to still have the email or remember what the percentage off on that sale was so that I can add it to the OP in the past sale section?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Sonic X season 5 and 6 are 3.00 a piece. o_O That's pretty cheap. They also have 1/3 of the first season (one of the "sagas") for 3.00 as well. That's super cheap. I wish they had the other two parts, I'd be tempted to order the entire Sonic X series for 15.00+ shipping.[/quote]

Sonic X deal has been noted and added to the OP. I was trying to hold off on buying Sonic X , since I didn't really want to support the 4kids version of the show in the (admittably slim) chance that an uncut version of the show might be released. Since that seems hopeless at this point , I might as well get the show really cheap at least.

[quote name='Hibiwa']I wanted to give thanks to the OP and this thread for introducing me to the existence of Right Stuf.

May want to add Mushi-Shi as a notable "Bargain Bin" item for $5 each volume (1-6). #1 is currently sold out, but it did come back once already.

Too bad they don't have the starter set with the box, but it's still a great deal for those who want to complete their collection, or for those (like me) who don't care for the condensed thinpak set.[/quote]

Mushi-Shi has been noted and added to the OP too. Glad the thread has been of help to you.:D

[quote name='the_punisher']My-Otome is $40 for all 7 volumes and the art box. I'm thinking of getting it, i'm watching My-HiME right now and loving it.[/quote]

Oh, god. I am so tempted. I am soooo tempted. I'll wait until the Tokyopop sale ends to see what I should do.

On a sidenote, how is the Haruhi graphic novel?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Oh, god. I am so tempted. I am soooo tempted. I'll wait until the Tokyopop sale ends to see what I should do.

On a sidenote, how is the Haruhi graphic novel?[/QUOTE]

Same thing i'm doing, hoping for a good sale. For free shipping, i was thinking of getting the second death note live-action (i got the entire series at the BB 50% off sale). Anyone think it's worth $15? Any other filler ideas?

[quote name='the_punisher']Same thing i'm doing, hoping for a good sale. For free shipping, i was thinking of getting the second death note live-action (i got the entire series at the BB 50% off sale). Anyone think it's worth $15? Any other filler ideas?[/QUOTE]

Didja see/own the first one? If you did, and you liked it, then sure. Movies 1 and 2 are a direct connection to each other, you need both for the whole story.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Didja see/own the first one? If you did, and you liked it, then sure. Movies 1 and 2 are a direct connection to each other, you need both for the whole story.[/QUOTE]

Own it, haven't watched it. I'm waiting to watch death note first, are the movies sequels or remakes?

Meh, it's a sale on Yaoi Press titles. I was really hoping for a Bandai Sale today. I wanted to get some Code Geass(finish up the anime and catch up on the novels and manga) stuff and pre-order Gundam 00 part 1(probably the LE). But this current sale is only for 2 days... so maybe next time.

As has already been mentioned , Yaoi Press titles are on sale for the next 3 days. Just when I thought we couldn't get a 3 day sale that even less people here are probably interested in.:lol:

To make up for it though , they have a lot more weekly special items on sale then usual , and the weekly specials are going to run extra long until NEXT thursday (2 weeks , if I had actually updated those on time).

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Meh, it's a sale on Yaoi Press titles. I was really hoping for a Bandai Sale today. I wanted to get some Code Geass(finish up the anime and catch up on the novels and manga) stuff and pre-order Gundam 00 part 1(probably the LE). But this current sale is only for 2 days... so maybe next time.[/quote]

I believe that theres a Code Geass manga in the weekly sale items this week. Can't recall exactly though.

[quote name='the_punisher']Own it, haven't watched it. I'm waiting to watch death note first, are the movies sequels or remakes?[/QUOTE]

They're heavily watered-down remakes, putting the first half or so of the anime into about 4 1/2 hours worth of flim. (The whole Near/Mellow thing is cut completely, so it's nice if you're an L fan.) You really need to sit down and watch at least part of movie 1 first to see if you like it- a lot of folks didn't like the heavy story cutbacks and the B-movie setup. I enjoyed it, but I have little experience with the anime/manga.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I believe that theres a Code Geass manga in the weekly sale items this week. Can't recall exactly though.[/quote]
Yeah, But it's Code Geass: Suzaku of the Counterattack vol 1 which also comes with the Limited Edition Code Geass part 3 which I plan to pick up the next Bandai sale..

[quote name='StarKnightX']Sonic X deal has been noted and added to the OP. I was trying to hold off on buying Sonic X , since I didn't really want to support the 4kids version of the show in the (admittably slim) chance that an uncut version of the show might be released. Since that seems hopeless at this point , I might as well get the show really cheap at least.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've never seen the original Sonic X, but from what I hear, the US version is needlessly butchered. Just scenes missing for no apparent reason, or edited to be worse. A shame. I think I'll hold out until I need filler for shipping when I'm buying other stuff. They seem to have a ton of Season 5 or 6 (well, 65+, which is good enough for me to wait it out a bit) I really don't wanna pay shipping on the sets.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Meh, it's a sale on Yaoi Press titles. I was really hoping for a Bandai Sale today. I wanted to get some Code Geass(finish up the anime and catch up on the novels and manga) stuff and pre-order Gundam 00 part 1(probably the LE). But this current sale is only for 2 days... so maybe next time.[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive , new coupon is for Bandai dvds and cds. 40% off. Deal runs until end of the month (30th). Will update the OP thoroughly later tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Ask and you shall receive , new coupon is for Bandai dvds and cds. 40% off. Deal runs until end of the month (30th). Will update the OP thoroughly later tonight or tomorrow.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.

I was kind of hoping books would be part of the sale. But I'll take advantage of this and pick up Code Geass Part 3 LE, Lucky Star vol 6 and Gundam 00 part 1 LE.

A couple things i wanted to see the price of, figured i'd share:

av80276 Big O DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) 1 $23.99
av80277 Big O II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) 1 $23.99
av80275 Blue Submarine No. 6 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) 1 $11.99
av80330 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 3 (Hyb) 1 $23.99
av80018 Crest of the Stars DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) 1 $23.99
av20765 My Otome Zwei DVD (Hyb) 1 $17.99
av20766 My Otome Zwei DVD (Hyb) Special Edition 1 $29.99
av26306 Planetes DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) 1 $29.99
av80261 Scryed (S-cry-ed) DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) 1 $29.99
av80380 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time DVD (Hyb) 1 $17.99

More:

av80275 Blue Submarine No. 6 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends) 1 $11.99
av80330 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 3 (Hyb) 1 $23.99
av20813 Eureka Seven DVD Complete Collection 1 (Hyb) - Anime Legends 1 $29.99
av20022 Freedom (Freedom Project) DVD Box Set (Hyb) 1 $23.99
av20765 My Otome Zwei DVD (Hyb) 1 $17.99
av20010 Sword of the Stranger Blu-ray (Hyb) 1 $23.99
av80381 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time DVD (Hyb) Limited Edition 1 $29.9

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a bad sale. I think i may get Blue Submarine #6 for $12, Code Geass Part 3 for $24, My Otome Zwei for $18, and the rest of the My-Otome series for $40.

Still, the sale has a lot of good series' on sale. I don't don't about most of these, but i've heard of Planetes, Freedom, Big O, Crest of the Stars, Eureka Seven (only part 1 tho), and a bunch of others. I'll wait for comments here before buying anything, i got time.

Thanks for the update, been waiting for My Otome Zwei SE to go on sale around $30. Might also pick up the Eureka Seven collection 1.

I didn't notice that My Otome Zwei was so cheap right now... to bad I can't really spend the money on it. I'll just have to wait until it's in the weekly specials again.

So wait wait wait, I don't have an account at Right Stuf so I can't get to the screen to try the coupon code, but this is 40% off the MSRP right? And 46% if you're in their GotAnime program thing? That seems pretty close to the 42% off MSRP that dvdpacific is already at on most anime.

[quote name='Shinpachi']So wait wait wait, I don't have an account at Right Stuf so I can't get to the screen to try the coupon code, but this is 40% off the MSRP right? And 46% if you're in their GotAnime program thing? That seems pretty close to the 42% off MSRP that dvdpacific is already at on most anime.[/quote]

However DvdPacific isn't exactly the most trustworthy of retailers IMO, very cheap stuff but bad CS and poor shipping (just like Deepdiscount.com too)

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'll be picking up Code Geass Collection 3 and the 2 Gundam Seed DVD collections. Thanks for the heads up, OP![/quote]
Stay away from Destiny... pretend it ends at the last ep of SEED.

For me I'm probably gonna be getting a bunch of Gundam anime. I only have one gundam series in my collection (the two volume 0080) and have been itching to get and watch more of the long running series. Or at the very least get a few of the ones I've already seen and like (such as G Gundam).

[quote name='the_punisher']It's not a bad sale. I think i may get Blue Submarine #6 for $12, Code Geass Part 3 for $24, My Otome Zwei for $18, and the rest of the My-Otome series for $40.

Still, the sale has a lot of good series' on sale. I don't don't about most of these, but i've heard of Planetes, Freedom, Big O, Crest of the Stars, Eureka Seven (only part 1 tho), and a bunch of others. I'll wait for comments here before buying anything, i got time.[/quote]

Been meaning to get Crest of the Stars. Might also get Eureka Seven , but perhaps I'll just wait for Anime Legends Vol.2 to come out. That way I can just grab both together.

Also I

I never got into gundam, but I think I read that gundam 00 is being worked on by some guys that did Code Geass or something....idk, but can you get into gundam easily, I know it has hundreds of series/spinoffs/ w/e and I've never watched any of it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Stay away from Destiny... pretend it ends at the last ep of SEED.[/QUOTE]

Destiny was total rubbish -- fun to watch when nothing else was available but really inconsequential in terms of storyline and uninspired Gundam design. And what the heck was with
the fake Lacus?
I mean, really?

Anyways, here's my final order after coupon:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 3 (Hyb) Limited Edition 1 $38.99
Evangelion, Neon Genesis CD Soundtrack 2 (*) 1 $4.00
Evangelion, Neon Genesis CD Soundtrack 3 (*) 1 $4.00
Evangelion, Neon Genesis CD Soundtrack: The Day of Second Impact (*) 1 $4.00
Fruits Basket CD Soundtrack: Four Seasons (*) 1 $4.00
Gundam SEED DVD Collection 1 (Hyb) - Anime Legends 1 $29.99
Gundam SEED DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) - Anime Legends 1 $29.99
His and Her Circumstances CD Soundtrack Act 2.0 (*) 1 $4.00
Item Subtotal: $118.97

Total Savings: $25

I'd normally buy the non-limited edition Code Geass bundle, but decided to splurge because of the included Soundtrack Vol 2 (which I absolutely love). Makes me sad that I didn't buy the first Limited Edition box set as it also included OST 1, but couldn't justify the extra cost at the time since discounts were only going ~30% at the time.

Getting the complete Gundam Seed collection for $60 is $1.15 per episode, which is a great deal considering I'll show my kids this someday and a pretty good series regardless.

BTW, if anyone has the Code Geass OST 1 from the first Limited Edition box set for sale or trade, be sure to PM me. ;)

Now if I could just finish watching Gurren Lagan, Tsukihime, and Kino's Journey on top of this season's offerings...

Im about to order the entire my otome series but I have a problem. The second dvd says they have over 400 of them left but the status says its on order from manufacturer? Anyone had that happen before? I suppose I'll just order it and call them tomorrow (they're closed today) and see whats up.

[quote name='genfuyung']Im about to order the entire my otome series but I have a problem. The second dvd says they have over 400 of them left but the status says its on order from manufacturer? Anyone had that happen before? I suppose I'll just order it and call them tomorrow (they're closed today) and see whats up.[/QUOTE]

Hope it's not a problem, it was part of my order ;). Then again, it hasn' shipped yet, and i ordered it two days ago, so it could be delayed or something.

bread's done
Back