Right Stuf Sale Thread (33-40% off Bandai Entertainment) ENDS 11/10

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
This thread will be for posting and discussing the various sales and specials that the anime and manga website "The Right Stuf" offers.

*Free shipping @ $49 for U.S. and $150 for Canada*

Shawne's Daily Deals (07/21):

Current Store/Studio Sale: Save Up to 33-40% OFF Yen Bandai Entertainment

Discover stellar deals on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – from hot new releases, like Star Driver, the Haruhi Suzumiya movie, Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tales of the Abyss, to fan favorites, including Gundam, K-ON!, Gurren Lagann, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and much more!
From now through November 10, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all Blu-ray and DVD titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CT on November 10, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Stellar Deals" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)​

Master list of sale items!

Other Notable Items on Sale:
(Book Bargain Bin)
(DVD Bargain Bin)
(Novel Bargain Bin)
(Other Merchandise Bargain Bin)
(Weekly Specials)

Past Sales (Included for reference):
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (10/17 - 10/27)
33% off Dark Horse {10/13 - 10/17}
40% off Funimation {9/26 - 10/13}
33% off Kodansha and Del Rey {9/15 - 9/26}
50% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (9/12 - 9/15)
33% off Yen Press {9/1 - 9/12}
35% off Ya Entertainment {8/29 - 9/1}
46% off DC Comics Animation {8/25 - 8/29}
33% off Vertical Inc. {8/22 - 8/25}
68% off Classic (American) Animation {8/18 - 8/22}
30% off 801 Media and Project H {ADULT} (8/15 - 8/18)
50% off Select Funimation Titles (8/4 - 8/15)
40% off Manga Entertainment (8/1 - 8/4)
30% off Pre-orders (7/21 - 8/1)
33% off Seven Seas (7/18 - 7/21)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (7/7 - 7/18)
33% off Icarus Publishing {ADULT} (7/5 - 7/7)
10% off standard price on in-stock items {Summer Clearance} (6/23 - 7/5)
30% off Digital Manga Publishing (6/20 - 6/23)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (6/9 - 6/20)
40% off DC Universe Animation (6/6 - 6/9)
33% off Viz Media (05/26-06/06)
40% off Funimation (05/12 - 05/26)
40% off Viz Media DVDs (5/2 - 5/12)
30% off Udon Media (4/28 - 5/2)
33% off Stone Bridge Press (4/25 - 4/28)
32% off All In-Stock Items (4/14 - 4/25)
33% off Dark Horse (4/11 - 4/14)
33-40% off Media Blasters , Tokyo Shock , Shriek Show , Kitty Media (3/31 - 4/11)
33% off Ya Entertainment (3/28 - 3/31)
50% off Funimation SAVE Editions (3/24 - 3/31)
33% off Yen Press (3/17 - 3/28)
40% off Nozomi and Critical Mass Video (3/14 - 3/17)
33% off Del Rey and Kodansha (3/3 - 3/14)
33% off Tai Seng (2/28 - 3/3)
33-40% off Bandai Entertainment (2/17 - 2/28)
33% off Vertical (2/14 - 2/17)
40% off Section23 , Sentai Filmworks and Switchblade Pictures (2/3 - 2/14)
40% off Funimation (1/20 - 2/3)
40% off Manga Entertainment (1/17 - 1/20)
33% off Tokyopop (1/6 - 1/17)

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, if I had some stuff to get in order to rack up the price to get free shipping I'd snag it. But at the moment I've got the S.A.V.E. Edtion coming out in october pre-ordered for $15.63 including shipping and tax. Might as well hold out a few months for that one.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']What the hell... my order for Morbito didn't go through. I swear I ordered that and went to the end of checkout. Can it take a few days for my order to show up?[/QUOTE]

it can. I've had mine take about 2 days to show up everyonce in a while

Well, a nice user PM'd me a site I've never heard of for manga sale. Too bad even that site is missing a volume or two on certain series.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Still not buying Kurau. only because I don't have the money to right now... Spent way too much at Otakon. lol[/QUOTE]
Otakon was VERY draining on my wallet... But totally worth it. I'm really considering Kurau, but my Moribito order just shipped yesterday so I can't add it to that anymore. I'll look for something else to pad the order. Maybe Koi Kaze and some blind boxes...

[quote name='G-Nitro']Still not buying Kurau. only because I don't have the money to right now... Spent way too much at Otakon. lol[/QUOTE]

You and me both.

Granted, the reason I'm not buying Kurau is just to spite Raz.

Spite. Spite. ;)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Damn it, I'm probably going to get this. Any confirmations it is must own?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, it's a pretty good show. $15 is an *amazing* price for Kurau.

[quote name='Razzuel']Holy shit! Take a look at the new weekly specials! Kurau Phantom Memory is only 15 dollars, and that's all of the singles with the art box! If you haven't bought Kurau yet, you better buy it now, dammit![/QUOTE]

Crap.......must.......resist......buying......

I'm still recovering from the amazon, best buy,deepdiscount anime sales. fuck I'll probably break down by wednesday and order it. :bomb:

Son of a bitch, the site ran out of the last volume of SDF Macross. I'm already having a tough time finding the boxset, and now I'm losing the option of getting all the DVDs.

I COULD just watch all the original episodes on Hulu, but I like the series when I first saw it, and I like to own the series someday.

[quote name='Devulture']Son of a bitch, the site ran out of the last volume of SDF Macross. I'm already having a tough time finding the boxset, and now I'm losing the option of getting all the DVDs.

I COULD just watch all the original episodes on Hulu, but I like the series when I first saw it, and I like to own the series someday.[/QUOTE]

God dammit, they had a bunch of them when I checked last time. Ugh, I guess I have to buy it somewhere else for more money.

[quote name='Chronis']
I might bite on this because i've heard a few great things about it.[/QUOTE]
You definitely should. From what I remember, I think every episode is a self contained story, and they're stories that are meant to be inspiring and such.

[quote name='Razzuel']Sweet, sweet ecstasy.[/QUOTE]
Now you have to buy Human Crossing (if you don't already have it).

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Now you have to buy Human Crossing (if you don't already have it).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think I'm going to do just that. I just haven't completely decided on everything that I want in my next order.

[quote name='yakumo']Are these DVD/Manga in sealed/new or used condition? Give me a heads up on this.[/QUOTE]
Everything from RS is sealed/new, except sometimes things from the bargain bin may be slightly damaged (like a dented box, the actual discs are guaranteed in good condition).

You know what I don't like most of all about Right Stuf: they showed the quantity of DVDs left before they're sold out, but not for their manga. It would be nice to be informed on how many items of the same product they have left, so I don't have to be disappointed the next day when I found out that the manga volume that's been on "more arriving soon" status has been removed from the catalog.

$5 box- Wedding Peach Season Two... this shit ain't going near my dvd player. And even if I did get bored enough to open it, I'll have to somehow watch season one first.

$10 box- SoulTaker... looks semi-interesting. At least I'll watch it.

I just got Soul Taker today as a $10, too. I got 4 individual volumes wrapped as one package. I'm glad it wasn't a duplicate of something I've gotten before. Also, I recently got the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya volume 1 with character CDs from Goozex and it had the $10 bargain item sticker on it.

[quote name='Devulture']You know what I don't like most of all about Right Stuf: they showed the quantity of DVDs left before they're sold out, but not for their manga. It would be nice to be informed on how many items of the same product they have left, so I don't have to be disappointed the next day when I found out that the manga volume that's been on "more arriving soon" status has been removed from the catalog.[/QUOTE]

They don't get counters on every item that's 'running low', regardless of what it is. They can only get them on items where they know the quanity left with some certainty... and it doesn't always work (I'm sure some folks here got burned when Star Ocean EX went on sale, then TRSI had to cancel a bunch of orders for the vol 1+ boxset becuase one of the wherehouses that ships to them gave them the wrong inventory numbers.)

The worst I've dealt with was a Ranma movie DVD that went from on order, to cancelled, to available to purchase again... apparently, I placed my order right as Viz decided to slightly change the cover, and therefore the UPC- the change was so fast I don't think the DVD ever went off the site, but since they were out of the 'old version', my order got cancelled. It was annoying.

Judging from what I've read on the RACS newsletter, the manga channels are a bit more challenging to naviagte, which may be why you don't see counters for manga typically... it's a lot harder to be sure that 'we can only get this many more'.

Well, I was about to come in yell and vent about my latest Blind Buy being almost entirely duplicate, but I checked my anime shelf and it turns out it wasn't so bad-- I was mistaken in thinking I had received duplicate collections:

5.00 Blind Buy
Wedding Peach Collection 2 (Previously they sent me Collection 1, so now I have the entire collection of Wedding Peach. Hurray?)
Kiba Collection 2 (Not bad, again they previously sent me Collection 1)
Cyberteam in Akihabara collection (Could have swore they sent this to me, but nope, I was wrong. Really glad I didn't pick this up during Best Buy's 50% off sale a long while ago)
Eden's Bowy Collection (My only duplicate, I'll see if I can offload this to Goozex)

10 dollar Blind Buy
Piano complete series (Seems like it's not gonna be my type of anime, but I do love piano music, so I'm hoping there's a strong Piano theme throughout the series)

And then, of course, my actual hand picked item, the 20 dollar Morbito set. Contemplating whether or not I want to pick up a replacement case.

I have another Blind Buy order. Fingers really crossed that it goes as well as this second order went.

EDIT: Eden's Bowy has a different cover art on Goozex.com. I don't wanna list it there, so I guess I'll have to Ebay it. Alternatively, I'll sell it at cost+shipping to any who I consider to be cool from CAG.

Wow, they threw Piano at you, I thought them giving out wedding peach was bad, but at least Wedding Peach can be somewhat fun if you've imbibed enough alcohol, but (and keep in mind I LOVE almost everything by Kosuke Fujishima) PIANO is the most insanely boring anime, or honestly most boring thing you can do with your time EVER. Even watching paint dry is more productive than that anime.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']
EDIT: Eden's Bowy has a different cover art on Goozex.com. I don't wanna list it there, so I guess I'll have to Ebay it. Alternatively, I'll sell it at cost+shipping to any who I consider to be cool from CAG.[/QUOTE]

I tried watching the $5 blind box of Eden's Bowy, but I just couldn't get into it. I listed this on Goozex. I PMed the buyer once the trade was accepted and they didn't mind that the cover didn't match the one Goozex has pictured so I was able to get 200 points for it.

[quote name='Gden']Wow, they threw Piano at you, I thought them giving out wedding peach was bad, but at least Wedding Peach can be somewhat fun if you've imbibed enough alcohol, but (and keep in mind I LOVE almost everything by Kosuke Fujishima) PIANO is the most insanely boring anime, or honestly most boring thing you can do with your time EVER. Even watching paint dry is more productive than that anime.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? How about the music? Assuming it's Piano based, will I at least liked that?

Got my order in. Moribito looks a lot better un-stacked. Pics:

Before:

GamingSetup131.jpg

GamingSetup132.jpg

After:

GamingSetup133.jpg

GamingSetup134.jpg

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The Punisher, is your case the one that was posted by another use where the cover art doesn't exactly fit?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's not that noticeable.

[quote name='Virsago']Crap.......must.......resist......buying......

I'm still recovering from the amazon, best buy,deepdiscount anime sales. fuck I'll probably break down by wednesday and order it. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

:lol: Rightstuf is tempting folks for another week with Kurau @ $14.99 if you somehow passed it up.

Sucks that I paid $10 more, and still haven't watched it yet. Soon though.

[quote name='Hibiwa']:lol: Rightstuf is tempting folks for another week with Kurau @ $14.99 if you somehow passed it up.[/QUOTE]

It clearly means that the people who passed on it last week need to buy it this week.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Sucks that I paid $10 more, and still haven't watched it yet. Soon though.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry; that happens to me all the time, haha. I even have shows that I bought from Right Stuf a year ago that I haven't watched yet.

Bought a 10$ dollar blind box and got The Soultaker that someone else already mentioned up there, watched the first disc the other day and can't say I was too impressed, almost fell asleep on it,seems like it went for an "artsy" direction a way but came off as rather annoying,hopefully it gets better.

I think I'll be getting Kurau on that bargain deal that it is, a week or two ago I saw it and believe it was around 35.99$ or so.I'll be getting some other blind bin's with it, hopefully can get some good stuff for cheap :D.

[quote name='Magiblaze']Bought a 10$ dollar blind box and got The Soultaker that someone else already mentioned up there, watched the first disc the other day and can't say I was too impressed, almost fell asleep on it,seems like it went for an "artsy" direction a way but came off as rather annoying,hopefully it gets better.[/QUOTE]

Not really- I own all of SoulTaker, and even after having finished the series, I still wasn't really sure what the hell was going on. ;) If you're not digging the funky oddly-colored art, then you might just be better off dropping it. Kickass theme song, though. ;)

Haruhi S1 AL set arrived today (ordered over a month ago, I guess Bandia is either doing really well or really bad). It's the same size as the Lucky Star AL set, i.e. the size of a standard single dvd case. I love these small packagings, I don't remember the size of my original Haruhi set. Anyway, this copy is for sharing with friends so I wasn't in a hurry for it.

Got two more blind buy items, a 1.00 Soundtrack CD. Some Geneon soundtrack, Character soundtrack or something.

Then they sent me Saint Seiya collection 2 for 5.00. Excellent grab, but I already bought it at Best Buy during their anime sale. D'oh.

But overall, their blind buys have been excellent for me. Nice program they're running so far.

Got a few more boxes.

$5 - Wedding Peach Season 1
$5 - Eden's Bowy
$10 - Nadia, Secret of the Blue Water Collection 1

Never heard of Nadia. Anyone here know if it's any good?

Might have to make a blind box order again soon, as it seems the selection is changing. Thanks to Indecisive Rattle for throwing Wedding Peach Season 2 up on Goozex! :D

Got my order with Kurau and Human Crossing today.
I ordered some blind boxes too.

5x $1 Blind boxes

Psychic Academy OST
2x Borgman OST (they're different)
Sin The Movie OST
Ninja Resurrection OST

1x $5 Blind Box

Eden's Bowy

Eh. I'm kinda fine with this I guess. I'll likely watch Eden, I've trudged through worse. Hopefully the OST's have a few good tracks.:whistle2:?

I'm going to get me Kurau and some other stuff like a few cheap blind boxes.Hopefully its all complete series as I'd hate to just get a volume or half of a collection.

Does anyone know if Suzuka is any good?They have all 26 episodes for 11.99$ and seems like a bargain even if its not the typical anime I tend to watch,from what little reviews I've read from it most seem to be negative of it calling it a "Love Hina rip off".

The box art for the complete set of Trigun coming out looks really awesome,looks like one of the best boxart I've seen fitting in with the series.Sadly I'm not allowed to post pictures or links here just yet.

[quote name='Magiblaze']The box art for the complete set of Trigun coming out looks really awesome,looks like one of the best boxart I've seen fitting in with the series.Sadly I'm not allowed to post pictures or links here just yet.[/QUOTE]

ItemDescription

Back when I first bought anime, I bought this series off ebay, I guess it was a bootleg copy as it only cost 15 bucks, might look into picking up the real deal though, any chance of this series ever coming to blu-ray?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']
ItemDescription
(I linked your image but I'm guessing a mod removed it from my post?)

Back when I first bought anime, I bought this series off ebay, I guess it was a bootleg copy as it only cost 15 bucks, might look into picking up the real deal though, any chance of this series ever coming to blu-ray?[/QUOTE]
I was about to say the chances were slim, but after a quick google+wiki it looks like they actually will be putting Trigun on Blu-Ray for reasons unknown. It's going to be an upscale I'm sure, so barring any errors the DVD version should look just as good on a decent Blu-Ray player.

bread's done
Back