Rightstuf Geneon Sale - Select DVD/CD's $5/10/15 each! - [DEAD]

SHIT! I've blown enough money today, I can't ignore this since I might not have a shot at some of this stuff again

Edit: Made a quick and dirty order for Gankutsuou 1-6 since once of the volumes only had one left in stock. I'll probably make a cd order next

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Gad Guard 6 is out? @#%DGD

I was supposed to be the only guy who liked that series. >.

[quote name='B:L']IT'S BACK.

RIGHT NOW.

Edit: And...it's out again. I saw about 3 of them in stock. I think someone is just holding onto them if they're gone that fast.[/QUOTE]

When someone adds one to their cart the stock goes down, so the numbers should be going up and down all the time

[quote name='coolsteel']When someone adds one to their cart the stock goes down, so the numbers should be going up and down all the time[/quote]

Umm, yeah. I was implying that someone added three of them to their cart the moment it was available.

And by all the time, you mean all the time except for those volumes which are out of stock and are only replenished periodically or when someone loses hold of it in their shopping cart, right?

Right, I remember on previous sales it seemed like people held stuff in their carts just to be dicks.

Edit: And this is what happens when you own too much crap. I'm about to make a cd order and started wondering what I had ordered from rightstuf in the past, turns out I ordered those exact same cds a few years ago, look behind me and they're sealed on my multimedia rack.

[quote name='coolsteel']Right, I remember on previous sales it seemed like people held stuff in their carts just to be dicks.[/quote]
One time there was only 1 in stock of a FMP dvd, added it, but because of RightStuf's glitchy cart problem I had to add everything all over again and then that same DVD said OOS so I was never able to get it :bomb:

Thanks for the re-order update, I got my Gankutsuou vol. 3 that was sold out and decided to get the last 2 disks of Tenchi Universe to complete my run. Now I will finally be able to finish seeing all the classic runs of tenchi (i.e. before GXP)

[quote name='coolsteel']Edit: And this is what happens when you own too much crap.[/quote]

No, this is what happens when you own too much crap.

dsc00360xd2.png

You just need to work on remembering what you're missing. ;)

1 $15.00 * pd11707 Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play: Fu
1 $15.00 * pd12739 Gun X Sword DVD 2 (Hyb): Abandoned Pa
1 $15.00 * pd12740 Gun X Sword DVD 3 (Hyb): Separate Way
1 $15.00 * pd12741 Gun X Sword DVD 4 (Hyb): Fallen Knigh
1 $15.00 * pd12742 Gun X Sword DVD 5 (Hyb)
1 $15.00 * pd12743 Gun X Sword DVD 6 (Hyb): Lost Prayers
1 $15.00 * pd12744 Gun X Sword DVD 7 (Hyb): Last Rites
1 $5.00 * pd12490 Tenjho Tenge DVD 2 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * pd12491 Tenjho Tenge DVD 3 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * pd12492 Tenjho Tenge DVD 4 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * pd12493 Tenjho Tenge DVD 5 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * pd12494 Tenjho Tenge DVD 6 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * pd12495 Tenjho Tenge DVD 7 (Hyb)
1 $5.00 * pd12496 Tenjho Tenge DVD 8 (Hyb)

Haha, slowly going broke. That pic of all the dvd's is awesome. I've gotten to the point where I don't have the shelves to support the crap I own so I've been putting them in boxes.

That pic makes me wonder if I made the right decision in tossing the boxes for my Haruhi SE DVDs. I have the big case with all the dvds inside and the 2-3 cds they came with, nothing else, I tossed all the rest.

Also, being picky with anime (working in fansubs tends to do this to you) helps a lot in cutting down what you buy...

[quote name='B:L']No, this is what happens when you own too much crap.

dsc00360xd2.png

You just need to work on remembering what you're missing. ;)[/QUOTE]
Wow, you have almost as much as I do!

Though those Utena DVDs are all you'll ever need.

dsc00360xd2.png

wowzers. that looks like a lot of work to even watch a series. You'd have to find it first, carefully peel out the keepcase from the special box set, then plop out the dvd and then watch 3-4 eps and then rinse and repeat for the next disc.

dsc00360xd2.png

Pfft, I would have that many if I had kept all the stuff I bought over the years, few years ago I finally threw up my hands and said enough, like Nintendo quality over quantity.

Whew, they finally had all three discs of Strawberry Marshmallow along with the box in stock at the same time. Thought I'd never get 'em!

[quote name='coolsteel']Pfft, I would have that many if I had kept all the stuff I bought over the years, few years ago I finally threw up my hands and said enough, like Nintendo quality over quantity.[/QUOTE]

My media wall looks exactly like that, but I've broken everything down into 4 disc holders. So for every one of his seven disc cases I have 2. And it still takes up more space than that. I'm going to go to folders if I can find any that are attractive.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']My media wall looks exactly like that, but I've broken everything down into 4 disc holders. So for every one of his seven disc cases I have 2. And it still takes up more space than that. I'm going to go to folders if I can find any that are attractive.[/QUOTE]

I resorted to dvd albums for about 140 dvds, put the cases in a closet and albums sit out. The albums were made by case logic and I like them a lot, but I will say this. When you end up buying your folders or what have you buy what you need right then and there incuding a few extra for the future. Case logic in particular changes up styles every 6-8 months, I couldn't find my dvd albums at all after a year so I couldn't expand without changing styles.

Woot thanks OP finally finished up my fushigi yugi set and got the last tenchi move I needed ^__^

Fushigi Yugi DVD 4 (Hyb
Fushigi Yugi DVD 5 (Hyb)
Fushigi Yugi DVD 6 (Hyb)
Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play: Fu
Tenchi Muyo: Movie 3 DVD (Hyb): Tench

I picked up Gad Guard 2-7 (I already had 1)
And Last Exile 1-7

Only $65 with free shipping. (Which is great considering the bundles are 135 bucks each on Amazon.)

Wouldn't have been able to do it if Strawberryshortcake hadn't notified me that Gad Guard 6 was available.

[quote name='moiety']that bad eh?[/QUOTE]

Horrendously boring, simply wasn't creepy at all. Boogipop Phantom for instance does it much, much better.

[quote name='georox']Can't believe I didn't notice the Ikki-tousen artbox. Gonna be kicking myself for months.[/quote]

They probably had only a few. I check the Rightstuf site regularly during these sales and the first time it showed up was a few days ago.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']They probably had only a few. I check the Rightstuf site regularly during these sales and the first time it showed up was a few days ago.[/quote]

Actually I doubt there was *actually* an Ikki-Tousen artbox in stock at all. Even during the day of the sale. The only available Ikki-tousen DVDs available were volume 1,2,3,4; the box was not even available. And even when it turned up as (supposedly) available, it was and have always been "out of stock.' This happened a couple days after the sale began. Plus it has an "on order from the manufacturer" status, which highly likely means you won't get it because geneon by definition should have stopped distribution.

[quote name='Stealthcat']How often does rightstuf have anime sales like this? Yearly?[/QUOTE]

Rarely, it isn't everyday a studio goes out of business so they have little reason to clear stock out like this. Normally they do 20-40 percent off sales off of MSRP, weekly specials always have at least one "super" deal though.

Generally twice a year there is an uber-huge sale along the lines of "10 DVDs for $50/25 for 100" of select titles of 1 studio. Last one was ADV I believe, nabbed Gantz/Gilgamesh/many misc others.

[quote name='georox']Generally twice a year there is an uber-huge sale along the lines of "10 DVDs for $50/25 for 100" of select titles of 1 studio. Last one was ADV I believe, nabbed Gantz/Gilgamesh/many misc others.[/QUOTE]

There was an ADV one? Wonder how I missed that. Thankfully ADV stuff goes for so cheap used I don't feel bad about it

ADV themselves have big clearance sales somewhat often anyway, though they tend to punch holes in UPCs...

Also, I hadn't realized that everything in this Geneon sale was discontinued. Could have saved myself a lot of hassle in checking multiple times a day to see if DearS went back in stock. Sigh. I really wanted it, too :(

thankfully, all geneon titles i have wanted (i.e. Fate/Stay Night, Gilgamesh, Black Lagoon, etc.) i picked up either at FYE with credit or at the Geneon Abundance sale they had last Summer. TRSI is my fav ;-D

[quote name='animemaniac14']thankfully, all geneon titles i have wanted (i.e. Fate/Stay Night, Gilgamesh, Black Lagoon, etc.) i picked up either at FYE with credit or at the Geneon Abundance sale they had last Summer. TRSI is my fav ;-D[/quote]

Gilgamesh is ADV, but I understand where you are coming form. Other than the rest of Ergo Proxy and Gank, I pretty much got all the Geneon I wanted. I'm just glad I went crazy on that last sale when I did.

my bad..didn't mean to include gilgamesh in there lol

BUT MAN the site is getting hammered...hope the warehouse hasn't flooded or anything, taking all the servers with it o_O.

[quote name='AkariK']ADV themselves have big clearance sales somewhat often anyway, though they tend to punch holes in UPCs...
[/QUOTE]

That one's not a concern anymore- ADV recently announced all their online orders are now being fufilled by TRSI. (Actually, it doesn't look like the 'shop' link at adv even works anymore... or my computer's being fussy...)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']That one's not a concern anymore- ADV recently announced all their online orders are now being fufilled by TRSI. (Actually, it doesn't look like the 'shop' link at adv even works anymore... or my computer's being fussy...)[/quote]

That makes sense. TRSI really is better suited that ADV for that anyway.

[quote name='coolsteel']Why is this listed as dead? Clearance prices are still in effect, they just took off the main ad on the front page.[/quote]

I was just about to say the same thing. I even placed an order for Ergo since more volumes were getting low.

It's officially dead now. Those Ergo Proxy DVDs are back up to $26.98 now. I wonder if they will honor the order I made this morning. Ah well, if they don't I can't complain. They've given such awesome deals over the years that I can't complain at all.

After all this time you would think that cart glitch would be fixed, glad to see it isn't. Stuff I put in my cart earlier still reflects the sale pricing.

bread's done
Back