Riz-Zoawd - The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road - Out now!

[quote name='Gden']Its an ultra-light RPG. You haev very little control over combat, I REALLY hope I get spells soon.[/QUOTE]

In this game you don't earn spells by leveling up, you gain them by beating a person for it.

Once you gain access to open world,(after obtaining all 3 of your party members) go to first stage in spring. In the second area, take a left turn on fork road to fight an old man and beat him to unlock some spells.

[quote name='fatbeer']In this game you don't earn spells by leveling up, you gain them by beating a person for it.

Once you gain access to open world,(after obtaining all 3 of your party members) go to first stage in spring. In the second area, take a left turn on fork road to fight an old man and beat him to unlock some spells.[/QUOTE]

What are your impressions of this game? You tend to have decent taste in RPGs, so I'm interested in your opinion. I don't trust Mark Bozon from IGN at all, I always disagree with his reviews.

I got this game on the Amazon DOTD and finished it on Sunday night. I really enjoyed it. It's a very, very simple game with excellent graphics and music, and a Dragon Quest-esque battle system (even the battle music is reiminiscent of newer DQ battle music). I would call the game "relaxing." You don't have to think too much, just follow the paths with the trackball, fight some enemies, and enjoy the awesome graphics and music. It was great to play after a long day of work. It's not a very long game, 20 hours or so, but I thought it was worth playing through. I should have gotten this first instead of Nostalgia, which was a big piece of crap.

The game is too relaxing for me. I play it at night before I go to bed because it puts me to sleep walking around the levels. They areas themselves all have the same textures/enemies and walking back to mark the arrows is a good idea but poorly implemented.

I did enjoy it for the first few days I played it but now its zzzzz. I'll probably won't pick it up again.

bread's done
Back