Robocop (remake): 2/12/14

[quote name='GUNNM']He looks like the dude from crysis

Why is only one hand covered?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they only needed a quick upper body shot? Without any context, that suit looks pretty generic to me.

[quote name='bardockkun']Robocop looks like he's trying to cosplay his best Batman.[/QUOTE]

Searching for robo Batman brought up some interesting results:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c35WL7SiuA

Enter at your own risk
Batman and Robocop: The Day the Men Found Love
When Bruce Wayne pays a visit to Detroit, a brutal murder is found, menacing Batman's secret identity. Now Batman and Robocop must cross their hearts if they want to solve the crime and protect Bruce's crime fighting life.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5667740/1/Batman_and_Robocop_The_Day_the_Men_Found_Love

I'm guessing the hand is more of a callback to the first movie, but this time, they're making it more central to the story. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a major plot point in this one.

I'm not super enthusiastic about the suit and will reserve judgement until we see him moving. Making the chest a little bigger would help.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I guess I just assumed it would look more like the original like at least somewhat like the original. Looks like a great costume for generic movie 17. O well at least Dredd is amazing to make up for it.

Honestly, it looks like a suit ANYONE can put on. I am sure the fans are upset right now and hopefully it will force change soon!

Man.... I enjoy the original suit a lot more. I mean come on... that just can't be beat. They really knocked it out of the park back in the day.

Robo-CopKiller-72.jpg

[quote name='Viol8tor']Looks like if Tony Stark let Batman borrow a ironman suit.

Which initially sounds kick ass in my head.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it still look like Iron Man no matter who was in the suit?

[quote name='whoknows']Wouldn't it still look like Iron Man no matter who was in the suit?[/QUOTE]

LOL, and if Batman made enhancements to it obviously, jack ass. :)

I'm I the only one who liked part 2 better than part 1? Part 1 had the iconic scenes and dialogue, but part 2 had an over the top coke addict robo bad guy, which was nuts.

Haven't watched them in ages really, will have to sometime soon.

Guess it could be worse, if Michael Bay were directing he'd have Robo transform into his own mode of transpiration.

I'm usually upset with remakes as well, but I've got some hope in this one. You don't have to worry about a budget-driven director CG-ing everything in, since it's going to be directed by Padilha, whose previous films were between damned great to insane. Plus, apparently he is not enjoying a big studio breathing down his neck. That could be good news, as he could hopefully recreate his vision and let the studio revel in the finished product. Hopefully.

Yeah, the suit isn't the greatest, but... Have we seen a finished product yet? No? Okay.

I can't say that I'm interested in seeing this redone at all. The original was a great film, and is still a great film. They should instead remake shitty movies and make them good.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I'm usually upset with remakes as well, but I've got some hope in this one. You don't have to worry about a budget-driven director CG-ing everything in, since it's going to be directed by Padilha, whose previous films were between damned great to insane. Plus, apparently he is not enjoying a big studio breathing down his neck. That could be good news, as he could hopefully recreate his vision and let the studio revel in the finished product. Hopefully.

Yeah, the suit isn't the greatest, but... Have we seen a finished product yet? No? Okay.[/QUOTE]
My sentiments exactly.

Honestly that mini-series type thing they did years ago will probably be better. At least it felt like part of the series.

I think the back of the suit looks great. I noticed the OmniCorp and Detroit Police logos on his chest piece too.

It looks like they're keeping the hand though.

[quote name='dohdough']I think the back of the suit looks great. I noticed the OmniCorp and Detroit Police logos on his chest piece too.

It looks like they're keeping the hand though.[/QUOTE]

I think it looks good as well.

I also like the red visor.

[quote name='Vap']Off topic but I'm really curious,what does everyone have against cgi?[/QUOTE]
I Have nothing against CGI. I'm just overly cynical at this remake because the first Robocop is one of those movies you don't expect to hold up, but it does (and it does extremely well) and almost feels like a lightning in a bottle case when you look at all the failed sequels and TV spin offs. Add to that all the news of HEAVY involvement by the studios in this film and it's hard to be excited. I'll wait until reviews or word of mouth before I see it, but as of now there's just a feeling a train wreck is slowly piling up.

Well at least they aren't giving the whole "We are delaying it another year because we are ADDING 3D!!" excuse.........*cough* cough GI JOE 2!! hint hint. I have the feeling it will be in 3d :( *sigh*

Proves that Hollywood is filled with a bunch of idiots. Why would anyone ever remake Robocop, one of the best sci-fi/action films to ever be released. I'd rather see another sequel, as long as they keep Frank Miller away.

Shit, where's a remake of Robot Jox? Or give us a big-budget, live-action 8 Man movie.

[quote name='dohdough']Robocop in 3d? You betcha![/QUOTE]

"I'll buy that for a dollar!!!"

btw...what was the point of that guy saying that? never could get that joke.

[quote name='ITDEFX']"I'll buy that for a dollar!!!"

btw...what was the point of that guy saying that? never could get that joke.[/QUOTE]
It means that he knows the other person is trying to bullshit him.;)

I have to agree with the previous poster about how well the original Robocop works.

It doesn't need to be remade especially given the follow up of Robocop 2 and OCP trying to take over the city. The political implications are great.

Also Robocop PG-13?! We saw how well that worked for that steaming pos that is Robocop 3.

[quote name='ITDEFX']"I'll buy that for a dollar!!!"

btw...what was the point of that guy saying that? never could get that joke.[/QUOTE]

It was poking fun at people who brainlessly watch television. The show was about a dirty old man who only ever said the same catch phrase over and over. Almost everyone in the movie is watching it and everytime he spouts "I'd buy that for a dollar!", everyone lost their shit.

Ironically, the new RoboCop looks like the T.J. Lazer character from the original movie.

[quote name='GodlyOne']It was poking fun at people who brainlessly watch television. The show was about a dirty old man who only ever said the same catch phrase over and over. Almost everyone in the movie is watching it and everytime he spouts "I'd buy that for a dollar!", everyone lost their shit.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...that too.

Ironically, the new RoboCop looks like the T.J. Lazer character from the original movie.
OH SHI...

My head asplode!

[quote name='Clak']Sigh, just go ahead and him the jetpack, make this complete.[/QUOTE]
Who said that they haven't already?:lol:
:cry:

I think the problem is that he looks too high tech. The original suit kinda fit the time it was created in, it looked just clunky enough.This one looks too advanced to me.

[quote name='dohdough']
OH SHI...

My head asplode!
[/QUOTE]

:whee:

So, since Bing is grossly (and hilariously) placed inside movies constantly, what are the chances of new RoboCop searching through criminal records with Bing™, or Prime Directive 4: brought to you by Bing™?

bread's done
Back