Rock Band 3, Create, Green Day+ HP Deathly Hallows $19.99 at Best Buy

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how long will Best Buy hold a pick item?
I'd love to pick this up tonight but if the deal ends then I may as well ship it home.

[quote name='patches48']Are you talking about that actual electric guitar that can be used for RB3 as well? Or that "Pro" guitar with all the buttons? I was just wondering because I'm interested in the actual guitar, but I think it's only sold at Best Buy (bleh!).[/QUOTE]

The Squier that's been frustratingly limited to Best Buy ever since release. I really want to get it, but I'm only going to buy it from a competent retailer, like Amazon.

I might get the Fender Mustang (which is the "Pro" guitar with the buttons that I believe you're referring to), since that also can play non-Pro songs and the Squier can't. But I'd like to limit the amount of plastic I have in my tiny apartment, so I'd prefer just to get the Squier and focus on the Pro songs.

I just wish that Amazon would start selling the Squier already. :cry:

Its like 4 or 5 days at minimum. If you are talking about ordering online for in-store pickup. It might even be 7 days after they send you the email telling you its ready to pick up.

[quote name='luxarific']Does anyone think Amazon will price match? I really hate buying from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='parkerlewis']Make sure to use the "let us know of a lower price" link on Amazon's product page.[/QUOTE]
I know I just did.

The price for the Plus version of GDRB on Amazon is $54. What does the plus version have anyway? Is it just the extra DLC songs? I thought that was bullshit anyway, having DLC songs for a one band game. Likewise with The Beatles but at least they have a much bigger catalogue of songs.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Real pisser about no GD:RB+ for PS3 though. Might check by the BestBuy store when I pick up my RB3 to see if they have an in-store and if they'll sell me one at that price.[/QUOTE]
One of my local BB's had 1 GD:RB+ a couple weeks ago, and the placard had the cost as $19.99. I took it to the counter, where it rang up at $69.99.

I got them to give it to me for $19.99 then.

I haven't seen too many of these still around.

The only benefits are Free export (usually $10) and 6 Free GD PSN download tracks.

[quote name='luxarific']The Squier that's been frustratingly limited to Best Buy ever since release. I really want to get it, but I'm only going to buy it from a competent retailer, like Amazon.

I might get the Fender Mustang (which is the "Pro" guitar with the buttons that I believe you're referring to), since that also can play non-Pro songs and the Squier can't. But I'd like to limit the amount of plastic I have in my tiny apartment, so I'd prefer just to get the Squier and focus on the Pro songs.

I just wish that Amazon would start selling the Squier already. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh ok yeah, I'm with ya there. I want to get the Squier as well and that's it. I've been wanting to get an electric guitar anyways, and not having 2 guitars would be nice as I have a small place with limited space too. But I'm pretty sure that Best Buy is only selling it. On the official site it says "now available exclusively at Best Buy stores". Maybe it'll change in the future. Maybe, just maybe, it won't sell very well and it'll go on sale or something.

I went to a BB that had 1 copy of RB3 left for PS3. It was in a security clamshell but it looked like the game itself was shrinkwrapped as opposed to having a Y-fold. That doesn't seem right to me so I passed on it and hope Amazon PMs it.

[quote name='patches48']Oh ok yeah, I'm with ya there. I want to get the Squier as well and that's it. I've been wanting to get an electric guitar anyways, and not having 2 guitars would be nice as I have a small place with limited space too. But I'm pretty sure that Best Buy is only selling it. On the official site it says "now available exclusively at Best Buy stores". Maybe it'll change in the future. Maybe, just maybe, it won't sell very well and it'll go on sale or something.[/QUOTE]

Back in December, the developers said that it would be for sale at other retailers.

he Best Buy deal is a US launch exclusive and the RB3 Squier Strat will be available at other retailers after launch, so this is your best chance to pre-order!

If that's changed, I will be a sad panda (and probably end up getting it from Best Buy). :cry:

I wish they offered a MIDI pickup for existing guitars. I own a dozen electrics and I would rather take one of my 3rd-string axes and mount a pickup on it than buy a new guitar that would only be used as a game controller for one game. The problem is that an aftermarket Roland pickup is $270 which is about what the Squier costs. Bleah.

[quote name='luxarific']Back in December, the developers said that it would be for sale at other retailers.

If that's changed, I will be a sad panda (and probably end up getting it from Best Buy). :cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, I didn't know they said that. Well I'll hold out for a little while then. Hopefully Amazon or even Musician's Friend will stock it later. If not then yeah I'll be getting it at Best Buy too :???: . But I'm definitely grabbing it sooner or later.

[quote name='joker______']SW:TFU II needs to be $10 cheaper then id bite...i hope it drops soon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']Hope Force Unleashed drops another 10.00[/QUOTE]

I bought the CE of it on clearance at Target today for $19.99 :D

Just a heads up to everyone, I saw Rockband 3 today at Target for 19.99. Not clearance and not a wrong tag. Someone else has reported it as well, but it's still a YMMV situation.

I noticed they also have BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger LE on clearance for 14.99.

Edit: One near me only had (1) PS3 in stock but both 360/PS3 were tagged that price. I was looking for the 360 edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sebs09']At my local Wal-Mart, they have PS3 keyboards on sale for $50.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else see this? Probably the super YMMV WalMart clearance pricing. :(

[quote name='DirkBelig']I wish they offered a MIDI pickup for existing guitars. I own a dozen electrics and I would rather take one of my 3rd-string axes and mount a pickup on it than buy a new guitar that would only be used as a game controller for one game. The problem is that an aftermarket Roland pickup is $270 which is about what the Squier costs. Bleah.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't be Harmonix level of quality, but you might want to check this out. I played a demo of it recently and it was pretty cool: http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/

[quote name='crunchewy']I want RB3 and the keyboard, but once it hit's $50 or less for the bundle. I guess I'm waiting it out a bit longer.[/QUOTE] Me too, but I'm really tempted at that price. I could buy the game, then the keyboard later, =/ but i think it's harder to find it.

What do you guys think?

From what I recall, the RB3 keyboard+game bundle is only available for 360. They don't offer it for PS3...or if someone appears to be, they are just offering two items "bundled" together.

I'm not sure about the keyboard. I'd like to see it drop, but with the genre on the way out, it's not like the market is going to be flooded with plastic keyboards anytime soon like it is with plastic guitars.

I was about to buy Rockband 3 used at Gamestop. So that saves me a game off my buy 2 get 1 free list. Now the fun part is should I pick up Greenday Plus also.

For those that don't mind a used copy of SWFU2 Xbox 360 its 20 bucks at Familyvideo.com.

Dang that is a good price on Rock Band 3. Too bad I don't have money :( hopefully the price stays like that for...a little bit.

Just zipped down to Best Buy to get that Rock Band 3 deal! Only 2 left on the shelf, glad I got there today. $19.99 is an amazing price. I still have the old wired rock band controller, so I may want to upgrade to the wireless if there's a deal on it somewhere... Everywhere I've seen it's $59...

Nice, getting Green Day just to get my Green-Day-loving friends to play RB3 with me. Was waiting on a good deal, getting the export for free makes my day. IIRC you get 3 DLC songs as well.

The BB nearest my work had RB3, but just vanilla GD, both tagged at $20. I'll probably do a ship-to-store order for GD+ unless I can stumble over one in the next day or two at a B&M.

The RB3 keyboard is just a 25-key USB MIDI keyboard, isn't it? If so, I've already got an E-Mu Xboard 25 I use that I suppose could plug into my Xbox, right?

[quote name='DirkBelig']The BB nearest my work had RB3, but just vanilla GD, both tagged at $20. I'll probably do a ship-to-store order for GD+ unless I can stumble over one in the next day or two at a B&M.

The RB3 keyboard is just a 25-key USB MIDI keyboard, isn't it? If so, I've already got an E-Mu Xboard 25 I use that I suppose could plug into my Xbox, right?[/QUOTE]
I might be wrong but I think you need an adapter:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Rock...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301947085&sr=8-1-spell

I'm not sure though, so you should get a second opinion.

OMG TY OP I have been waiting for anyplace to drop Rock Band 3 down to 20$. I have really fallen off the rhythm game train but hopefully this will bring it roaring back tytyty.

[quote name='mxpowar']I might be wrong but I think you need an adapter:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Rock...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301947085&sr=8-1-spell

I'm not sure though, so you should get a second opinion.[/QUOTE]I'm thinking that I should be able to plug the USB jack into the Xbox like I do my computer to record in my DAW. That adapter is for the 5-pin DIN MIDI cable to be converted to what the console wants. In looking around, it appears that generic USB-MIDI keyboards won't work with RB3. I'll give it a try, but won't cry if it doesn't work.

Website is saying that there's none available in my area and won't ship to any nearby stores.

Here's hoping Amazon comes through.

Has anyone seen the Xbox 360 midi pro adapters available anywhere? I have a midi synth that could see a bit more action. The only ones that I've seen in stores are for ps3.

[quote name='Indignate']Website is saying that there's none available in my area and won't ship to any nearby stores.

Here's hoping Amazon comes through.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing when I tried to check out online, but drove to my local store (Strongsville, OH) and found copies of each title in stock for 360. So don't believe the website if it's something that you must have.

Picked up Create and the last Green Day Plus (plenty more standard GDs). It rang up full price but they did a price match vs. the website, which is surprising at my Neo-Fascist BBY location. Thanks as always, Cheapy!

[quote name='shieryda']Amazon has matched the RB3 price.

Check that. It's through goHastings[/QUOTE]
If it's not Amazon, then they didn't match it. Just some other sellers price dropping coincidentally.

[quote name='cdeener']Target has Rockband 3 Xbox 360 for 20 bucks also.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed - saw this at mine too for both 360/PS3. Looks like a permanent price drop.

never trust the inventory checker. Said my store was out of RB:GD+. while trading in FO:NV i randomly looked around and BAM!! 2 copies sitting on the second row of games.

bread's done
Back