Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='Flyersfan']I'm sure we can wait less than a day for them to say what's coming next week.

Well, Iron Maiden may not be a satanist band but number of the beast is being released so I guess you're sign was somewhat right.[/QUOTE]

Haha the sad part is, I was seriously thinking Iron Maiden, for that exact song. Holy shit I'm a psychic, get off my nuts Miss Cleo! :)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Great stuff. Down for most, if not all of those. Really glad to see most of them are not live. Funny how the cover Run to the Hills wasn't exportable from RB1 but now we get the real deal.[/QUOTE]

This pack was probably the reason why it wasn't exportable. That or they ending up licensing again the song masters since Harmonix has the big bucks now...

[quote name='ZForce915']Run to the Hills, seriously is this supposed to be like a joke song or something? This was in Rock Band before and I remember thinking it was so bad (lyrically) that I must have been missing the joke...right?[/QUOTE]

I assume that this is a master track and that it was a cover version in Rock Band 1. The lyrics aren't bad, imo. I thought the song was clever.

I'm glad I didn't buy the cover of Number of the Best that is currently available. It helped that it was atrocious. I wish Aces High was the studio version, but the live Maiden stuff I've heard is alright, so we'll see.

[quote name='lolwut?']Well at least there is something that uses that extra port. $30 is too high, but I'm sure there will be a deal we can capitalize on down the line[/QUOTE]

theyll be on clearance soon enough. im not sure what my price point would be on something like this... probably 5 bucks.

[quote name='Unmasked Bandit']I need to find a deal on points so I can pick up that Iron Maiden![/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224468

[quote name='pitfallharry219']:drool:

I can usually find at least one thing missing to bitch about, but this one is harder than usual.

Okay, I would love to have "Caught Somewhere in Time" or a couple off of Brave New World, but these will do just fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was hoping for Sea of Madness if we got Maiden stuff, but it's hard to complain here. The only song I flat out don't like from that list is Iron Maiden, and considering that buying the full pack will likely equate to approximately two songs free, I'll probably wind up buying the full pack. Just hope the live tracks are as high quality as the Pearl Jam and AC/DC stuff. I'm fairly confident it'll be worthwhile.

"Live After Death" was the first CD I ever bought- when I was in high school and CDs were sold in long cardboard sleeves :)

Wasted Years is one of my all-time favorite songs.

And Maiden is one of the few bands that are truly even better live than in studio.

I am happy :D

"Screeeeeam for me Long Beach!"

Hey everybody,

So Iron Maiden comes in two weeks but what's next week? It is the Bonnaroo Pack in honor of the Bonnaroo Music and Arts festival in Tennessee (which I am sadly not going to this year). Who do we have? How about Ben Harper, how about the much requested Coheed and Cambria, or Phish, or Shooter jennings, or TV on the Radio? yeah we have all those in a big six-pack coming next week.

Tracks:
Ben Harper and Relentless7 “Shimmer & Shine”
Coheed and Cambria “A Favor House Atlantic”
Coheed and Cambria “The Running Free”
Phish “Wilson (live)”
Shooter Jennings “Steady at the Wheel”
TV on the Radio “Wolf Like Me”
(All tracks are original master recordings)
These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Bonnaroo Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Hey everybody,

So Iron Maiden comes in two weeks but what's next week? It is the Bonnaroo Pack in honor of the Bonnaroo Music and Arts festival in Tennessee (which I am sadly not going to this year). Who do we have? How about Ben Harper, how about the much requested Coheed and Cambria, or Phish, or Shooter jennings, or TV on the Radio? yeah we have all those in a big six-pack coming next week.

Tracks:
Phish “Wilson (live)”
These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Bonnaroo Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='mcgavin27']Hey everybody,

Tracks:
Phish “Wilson (live)”
These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Bonnaroo Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.[/QUOTE]

Will give them a listen, but will most likely pass this week. Fine, because then I can use the points for most of the Maiden tracks.

Game could use more Phish, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, how is it that Guitar Hero wound up with "The Touch" and Rock Band didn't? Is it coming, or do I have to find a copy of World Tour?

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']Hey, how is it that Guitar Hero wound up with "The Touch" and Rock Band didn't? Is it coming, or do I have to find a copy of World Tour?

MjC[/QUOTE]
Activision is releasing the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game and they own Guitar Hero. You be the judge.

I had a chance to talk to the Spinal Tap guys tonight, they said they'd have stuff in "these games" (assuming RB & GH), they're just waiting on the lawyers to sort it out.

[quote name='JJSP']I do enjoy those Coheed songs - should make for a nice set with "Welcome Home".[/QUOTE]
and 10 Speed of GB&B.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I had a chance to talk to the Spinal Tap guys tonight, they said they'd have stuff in "these games" (assuming RB & GH), they're just waiting on the lawyers to sort it out.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome news. I hope you pushed them toward RB, Kane.:cool:

So I recently purchased the RB2 drum set, so I now have two foot pedals (the RB1 pedal and now the RB2 pedal). Is there any cheap way to get some kind of splitter so I can use double bass pedals? All I can seem to find is some $45 splitter on eBay, which is ridiculous.

^nope. You need a special splitter that alternates the signals so you can have one pedal down and the second still register a hit. You should be able to find something at Gamestop or Best Buy for about $20. Must come with a second pedal, as well...

[quote name='kennistond']That's awesome news. I hope you pushed them toward RB, Kane.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I did specifically mention Rock Band when I asked, so hopefully that will be the case.

[quote name='jrt1138']Children of Bodom and Megadeth coming... to GH5...

Link

(Bush too. I know they get mentioned on here a lot.)[/QUOTE]I don't think RB fans have any cause to worry... if history is any indication, there is bound to be a significant overlap of artists within the next round of games.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing RB: Beatles at the beginning of this press conference that's about to start.

EDIT - Yep. 10 confirmed songs out of the 45:

I Saw Her Standing There
I want To Hold Your Hand
I Feel Fine
Day Tripper
Taxman
I Am The Walrus
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Octopus's Garden
Here Comes The Sun
Get Back

Abbey Road album will be DLC
All You Need Is Love will be DLC - worded like it's 360 exclusive but that may not be the case

Last edited by a moderator:
The full trailer can be seen at thebeatlesrockband.com now, and you can actually see the gameplay in motion. Right now, the only thing that bugs me is that it seems to allow only two guitars, and I was hoping they'd expand it to allow 3 guitar controllers + drums. You can see the three-part vocal charts in action though and that looks really cool. Overall I am finding this VERY exciting, and I am particularly stoked that Abbey Road will be available as full-album DLC (I never imagined I'd actually get to play "You Never Give Me Your Money" in this!!!).

The press conference videos have made me so ridiculously excited to play RB:Beatles.

I kind of wish the graphics in game were a mix of the drawing-style in the intro video and the game graphics shown, that would be cool.

The vocal harmonizing looks great, the instruments look great, and Beatles DLC for the game is awesome.

I got this from Dogmatic on DLC Quickplay.

Game Modes

Quickplay – Jump right into the game and experience the fabulous music of The Beatles as all songs will be unlocked in this easy to access mode. Quickplay also features familiar competitive Rock Band modes Tug of War and Score Duel!

Story Mode – Set out on an experiential progression through The Beatles’ legendary career from The Cavern Club to Abbey Road Studios!

Chapter Challenges – Master all of the songs from a single Chapter in the career of The Beatles with special challenges!

Training Modes – Go beyond the basics and perfect your sound with training modes that includes Beatle Beats, Vocal Practice mode and more!

Beatle Beats – Take on the stylings of Ringo Starr with this training mode that lets you practice actual drum beats from a selection of The Beatles catalog

-Vocal Practice Mode – Train your ear and voice to master three part harmony! Use the guide pitch to help you sing hard to decipher parts perfectly in-tune!

-The Beatles: Rock Band story mode will take fans on an interactive, experiential journey through The Beatles career. Along the way, venues, set lists, clothing and instruments will replicate the band's rise to fame, represented in The Beatles' touring period from 1963 to 1966 and their studio days from 1966 to 1969. - Players will progress through settings made famous by the group, such as Shea Stadium, the Cavern Club and the 1969 rooftop concert. And those settings will be more interactive than what gamers currently find in Rock Band.

-Beatles fans will also be thrilled to hear previously unreleased authentic voice recordings from John, Paul, George and Ringo chatting between takes during studio sessions recorded at Abbey Road more than four decades ago.
Chapter Challenges sounds like something I posted for them to have in RB3 (I'm sure I'm not the only one) so I'm very excited to see that and to see a lot of depth in this game.

I know they have said the Beatles songs will not be available as DLC, but I still hope you can import them into RB2 a la AC/DC. On a related note, Octopuss's Garden FTW.

Got this from the rock band forums

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/prizes/tracks/#

A pepsi instant win contest with dlc tracks and rockband stuff. Someone on the rb forums said they entered 11 times and won 9 tracks, so looks like chances of winning right now are pretty good.

But anotehr notable thing is if you look at that list of tracks, fourth and fifth from the bottom are Mony Mony and Rebel Yell from Billy Idol.

Possible leak of upcoming DLC!

[quote name='fizzywix']Got this from the rock band forums

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/prizes/tracks/#

A pepsi instant win contest with dlc tracks and rockband stuff. Someone on the rb forums said they entered 11 times and won 9 tracks, so looks like chances of winning right now are pretty good.

But anotehr notable thing is if you look at that list of tracks, fourth and fifth from the bottom are Mony Mony and Rebel Yell from Billy Idol.

Possible leak of upcoming DLC![/QUOTE]

Nice catch sir!

[quote name='YourFace']I know they have said the Beatles songs will not be available as DLC, but I still hope you can import them into RB2 a la AC/DC. On a related note, Octopuss's Garden FTW.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not only are Rock Band: Beatles tracks non-exportable, Beatles album DLC is locked to Rock Band: Beatles.

[quote name='Joystiq']Harmonix Creative Director Josh Randall confirmed to us today that we should think of the Rock Band platform and The Beatles: Rock Band as two totally separate entities. Meaning, that The Beatles: Rock Band tracks and DLC will not be playable with any other Rock Band songs and vice versa.

So, only owners of The Beatles: Rock Band will be able to download the Abbey Road album when its released as DLC later. There will also be no export feature for The Beatles: Rock Band into Rock Band. It's really a shame and one we hope that some licensing agreement in the future can fix.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fizzywix']

Possible leak of upcoming DLC![/QUOTE]

That would be very cool. I noticed that it only has them listed as available on Playstation, though... I guess we'll have to wait and see what's up with those two tracks.

I may have to pick up the Coheed & Cambria tracks since I enjoyed their other two songs. Otherwise, I don't think I'll pick up anything this week.

And after E3 I am definitely sold on The Beatles: Rock Band. That looks so sweet, especially with the harmony.

The Coheed tracks are great. Unfortunately with 3 master tracks now, it really makes the Ten Speed cover stick out like a sore thumb.

I know they announced it last week, and I'm definitely going to get a few of the Iron Maiden tracks, but I was a bit upset that there wasn't any Rock Band DLC news yesterday; I didn't realize what an important part of my Fridays it was.

My Grandmother was showing me a blurb in her Country Weekly that said a 21 song County track pack was coming July 21st for any interested (I know I wasn't, but grandma tries to keep up with my interests and that's cool.) I figure this will go over like a fart in a spacesuit around here, but there ya go.

bread's done
Back