Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='JJSP']Nope. Not only are Rock Band: Beatles tracks non-exportable, Beatles album DLC is locked to Rock Band: Beatles.[/QUOTE]

Ghey. I'm not a big fan of the Beatles, but exporting the tracks would've been my reason to get it.

Ah well, saves me some $$$ :cool:

[quote name='JJSP']Nope. Not only are Rock Band: Beatles tracks non-exportable, Beatles album DLC is locked to Rock Band: Beatles.[/QUOTE]

I won't be buying any more music that can't be played in the same place. I get that the Beatles game is only going to feature Beatles music and is considered its own platform...and I'm ok with that, just don't expect me to buy it.

[quote name='fizzywix']Got this from the rock band forums

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/prizes/tracks/#

A pepsi instant win contest with dlc tracks and rockband stuff. Someone on the rb forums said they entered 11 times and won 9 tracks, so looks like chances of winning right now are pretty good.

But anotehr notable thing is if you look at that list of tracks, fourth and fifth from the bottom are Mony Mony and Rebel Yell from Billy Idol.

Possible leak of upcoming DLC![/QUOTE]

The Billy Idol songs were on the Wiki last week, but have apparently been removed recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

http://gh5.guitarhero.com/about.php

[quote name='ZForce915']I won't be buying any more music that can't be played in the same place. I get that the Beatles game is only going to feature Beatles music and is considered its own platform...and I'm ok with that, just don't expect me to buy it.[/QUOTE]

You're going to be missing out on a lot of music besides the track pack releases and DLC.

I'm all for exportability, but why let it be the end all be all?

[quote name='bardockkun']Green Day coming to Rock Band?

http://kotaku.com/5283206/green-day-coming-to-rock-band[/QUOTE]

At most, it would probably be a couple of DLC packs. I really can't see a full band game for Green Day. I can't see a full band game for anyone as far as Rock Band is concerned.

Iron Maiden pack is pretty great on drums. Nothing but variation and a lot of crazy fills that we haven't really seen before in any songs. Guitar disappointed me a bit plus I wasn't expecting much on the drums, but I'm really surprised how much fun the whole pack is.

Guess I should have expected the price to be that high but it still hurts, especially because I'm starting to get the itch to buy the Metallica album for GH:M. Glad I bought a 4k points card from that guy in the other forum.

Still, buying the full Maiden pack equates to two songs for "free." There's only one song I'm not a fan of in there so this is an easy buy for me.

I picked up the Maiden Pack. Very fun stuff on drums. So far I've only played 7 of the 12 songs but it was well worth the money.

I dont usually mind live tracks, but having Hallowed be one of them bothers me, mostly because I cant stand Janicks butchering of Adrians solos.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Why wouldn't Adrian be playing them?[/QUOTE]

Because Janick replaced Adrian when he left, so when Adrian came back in 99 I think it was, rather than kick Janick out they kept him and they now split the solo's for whatever reason rather than have him do his own solos.

edit: woah, the intro to Aces High isnt playable :cry: I know how to actually play it but still :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hhhdx4']Because Janick replaced Adrian when he left, so when Adrian came back in 99 I think it was, rather than kick Janick out they kept him and they now split the solo's for whatever reason rather than have him do his own solos.

edit: woah, the intro to Aces High isnt playable :cry: I know how to actually play it but still :lol:[/QUOTE]

I thought you meant it was impossible, but now I get what you meant - you literally can't play it. That is strange...I know it's pre-recorded for the live show but they could have tracked it anyway.

I know some people don't care about whether the tracks are live, but as someone who probably does vocals more than most, it's really annoying when you know a song but still stink at it because it's so different live.

Great pack so far though. Haven't played through all of them yet but so far so good. Some really interesting charts. Not easy.

[quote name='Matt Young']I hope to God this is true. I've been waiting for Green Day for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Green Day is often simple and repetitive, but almost always awesome.

I cant seem to find anything googling, maybe someone can help.

Will RB2 songs be compatible with beatles rock band? Have heard mixed answers.

Will RB1 instruments work with beatles rock band?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I cant seem to find anything googling, maybe someone can help.

Will RB2 songs be compatible with beatles rock band? Have heard mixed answers.

Will RB1 instruments work with beatles rock band?[/QUOTE]
1. Doubt it

2. Yes

The Beatles game is a complete stand-alone title. None of your Rock Band catalog will work in it, and no Beatles DLC will work in RB1/2. It was mentioned at some point during E3 last week.

As for the instruments, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they thought everyone will drop $160-$250 on new instruments.

[quote name='Matt Young']I hope to God this is true. I've been waiting for Green Day for a long time.[/QUOTE]

So if Green Day comes to RB how will they do hard/expert? Will they still use just the three cords? :rimshot:

[quote name='Corvin']The Beatles game is a complete stand-alone title. None of your Rock Band catalog will work in it, and no Beatles DLC will work in RB1/2. It was mentioned at some point during E3 last week.

As for the instruments, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they thought everyone will drop $160-$250 on new instruments.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but I do want to own one of those guitars since their aesthetic surely beats out the others.

I'm seriously thinking about getting Beatles: Rock Band day one, but there aren't any preorder bonuses that are enticing me to do so.

Harmonix has confirmed since launch that all Rock Band instruments would be compatible with The Beatles: Rock Band. Also as of right now the only good preorder launch is Gamestop with "three exclusive" tracks and an in game photo album.

Green Day was just officially announced as DLC for Rock Band:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2555438#post2555438

"MTV GAMES, HARMONIX AND WARNER BROS. / REPRISE RECORDS PARTNER WITH GREEN DAY TO BRING THEIR MUSIC EXCLUSIVELY TO ROCK BAND®

The first selection of Green Day songs to arrive on Rock Band as downloadable content will be a three-pack of songs from their latest release, 21st Century Breakdown on July 7th including: 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy, East Jesus Nowhere. Additional Green Day songs and projects will be announced at a later date."

Probably a pass for me, but cool for anyone interested.

If they're working with Warner Music you know, I might as well ask...

WHERE THE HELL IS MUSE?! I Mean c'mon, they're one of the most requested bands and even on their poll for what band with one song in the Rock Band library do they want to see more of and they won by a friggin 49% margin! There's no goddamn excuse now.

They've had one DLC in Rock Band, one pack in GH3, one song in GH:WT and one song in GH5... I Don't think they're that hard to get. If RedOctane made some kinda deal with the devil with them I'm sure they'd publicly announce something.

I like 21 Guns, and East Jesus Nowhere is okay, but Know Your Enemy is garbage. I'll probably just grab 21 Guns, but I would definitely like some of their older stuff.

Just to let you guys know, if you drink Pepsi your definitely going to get some free Rock Band songs, I switched over to Pepsi from Coke this week and I am 5 for 5 on free songs, I'll probably just drink Pepsi this summer, at this pace I will have alot of free songs by the end of the summer, although not every song is available.

I'm gonna pass on the first Green Day pack. What they really should do is go ahead and release Dookie as a full album DLC.

[quote name='epb']I'm gonna pass on the first Green Day pack. What they really should do is go ahead and release Dookie as a full album DLC.[/QUOTE]

I concur.

[quote name='lordopus99']I plan on passing on the green day pack. Wish they would have picked songs like Basket Case...[/QUOTE]

What?? GASP!!!! Like some of their actual good songs? Why would they do that when they have this new garbage they're trying to push? ;)

[quote name='tgk2044']What?? GASP!!!! Like some of their actual good songs? Why would they do that when they have this new garbage they're trying to push? ;)[/QUOTE]

QFT. I felt like the only person in the world that thought American Idiot was complete crap.

Here we go.

[quote name='hmxsean']Hey gang,

Sorry for the delay. Various technical difficulties prevented us from posting the DLC at 10am like we usually do. We're new to this whole "internets" thing, and we appreciate your patience. Here's the DLC for the week of 6/16 for those that haven't already seen the press release (and solid HMX confirmation of the DLC for the week of 6/16 for those that have already seen the press release.

Songs:
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
Evanescence - Call Me When You’re Sober
Evanescence - Weight of the World
Spinal Tap - Back from the Dead
Spinal Tap - Rock ‘n’ Roll Nightmare
Spinal Tap - Saucy Jack
Spinal Tap - Warmer Than Hell

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Spinal Tap Pack” and the “Evanescence Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track and $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for "Evanescence Pack" and $6.99(560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Spinal Tap Pack”

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

Release Date:
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)
Thursday,June 18, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='epb']I'm gonna pass on the first Green Day pack. What they really should do is go ahead and release Dookie as a full album DLC.[/QUOTE]

Dookie would easily be a day one purchase for me. Fingers crossed.

[quote name='jp0213']Here we go.[/QUOTE]

In for Bring Me To Life and most likely some Spinal Tap.

Nice on Evanescence. Live is supposed to be down next week, though, so I hope that we can get the tracks that day. If not, then no big deal.

In for more than likely, Bring me to Life and the Spinal Tap pack. For the green day pack, 21 guns isn't that bad of a song but it seems like it would be boring as hell to play. Why they are releasing their abomination of a single "Know Your Enemy" is beyond me, probably to burn the foreman of control.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I had a chance to talk to the Spinal Tap guys tonight, they said they'd have stuff in "these games" (assuming RB & GH), they're just waiting on the lawyers to sort it out.[/QUOTE]

KaneRobot delivers.

You can't dust for vomit.

Anything Green Day from Nimrod back would be great, not too fond of the new stuff like most everyone else. I do somewhat like 21 Guns though even though the entire new album seems way too heavy on the politics.

bread's done
Back