Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='erectiontown']live pearl jam > studio pearl jam[/QUOTE]

There are a miniscule number of popular bands that are better live than in studio, and Pearl Jam ain't one of them.

Their live stuff isn't terrible, but it's pretty disappointing that ALL of that stuff to pick from are live versions.

[quote name='erectiontown']live pearl jam > studio pearl jam[/quote]

As someone who has seen them 10+ times live I agree for the most part, but I'd just like to see album versions in RB. Just a personal preference based on the live versions that have appeared in RB/GH in the past. I'd love for PJ Live Rock Band (or whatever they are going to call it) to prove me wrong, though! ;)

I just still cannot believe that song list doesn't include YL... :cry:

Not including Yellow Ledbetter is baffling, but why bother with all the Ten tracks that we already got? Especially Alive. It's on the RB2 disc AND we already have a live version of it. Weird.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']https://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-rock-band-project-coming-next-year

Best news ever.[/quote]

I just wet myself.

If there is a God, the tracks would be this. (taken from the list)

• Animal
  • Better Man
  • Brain of J
  • Comatose
  • Corduroy
  • Do The Evolution
  • Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in A Small Town
  • Given To Fly
  • Go
  • I Got ID
  • Last Exit
  • Life Wasted
  • Love Boat Captain
  • Nothingman
  • Present Tense
  • Rearviewmirror
  • Red Mosquito
  • Satan's Bed
  • Severed Hand
  • Spin the Black Circle
  • Whipping
  • World Wide Suicide

Ended up getting everything today. Drums highlights would be Radio, Radio and My Old School. Black Friday didn't really get good until the end. The social distortion was meh for drums (great to listen to though) and disturbed is disturbed, stricken being more fun than stupify.

All in all, a solid week.

Next week's DLC, according to the Rock Band Community Zine:

Alice Cooper - Poison
Alice Cooper - Vengeance Is Mine
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies (Live)
Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen (Live)
Alice Cooper - School's Out (Live
Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels (Live)
Taking Back Sunday - Liar (It Takes One To Know One)
Taking Back Sunday - Makedamnsure
Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Next week's DLC, according to the Rock Band Community Zine:

Alice Cooper - Poison
Alice Cooper - Vengeance Is Mine
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies (Live)
Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen (Live)
Alice Cooper - School's Out (Live
Alice Cooper - Under My Wheels (Live)
Taking Back Sunday - Liar (It Takes One To Know One)
Taking Back Sunday - Makedamnsure
Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?[/QUOTE]

Why do all the great classic rock tracks have to be live?:bomb:

Oh well. I may get "Poison".

Are the Social Distortion tracks live, also? I have played them yet.

Just saw the Zine, and its about damn time we got some TBS in a music game. Much rather would've had A Decade Under the Influence and Cute Without the 'E' instead of the tracks other than Makedamnsure. But oh well, I won't argue!

I dig all three of the Taking Back Sunday songs and I'm going to get a points card so I can pick those up. TBS (Very Funny) was definitely one of the bands that I've wanted to see in Rock Band, and while I would've liked them to have 3 different songs from 3 different albums, I like these 3 enough to get them all eventually. I think What's It Feel Like to be a Ghost? is my favorite of the bunch with Liar a close second. MakeDamnSure's good too, but I've heard it more than the others so I grew tired of it.

Definetly getting "Poison" and I might finally break my "no live tracks" standard just for "School's Out". No interest in TBS, but I'm always glad to see people happy for the week. :)

[quote name='JJSP']Absolutely in for the Taking Back Sunday songs if only to swing the mic around my living room.[/QUOTE]

Just tape the chord to the mic and voila

[quote name='AlohaMars2']I'm not familiar with the TBS songs but after listening to them on the web page... bleh.

Count me in for all the alice tracks though. The guy is better live than in the studio. Heres the vids that are going to be used for the live songs:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_li...query=billion+dollar+babies+trashes+the+world[/QUOTE]
If they use that same version of "School's Out" in the game then it'll be damn fun compared to the GH3 version.

[quote name='shieryda']Why do all the great classic rock tracks have to be live?:bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I keep wondering. First with the entire AC/DC thing, then with Thin Lizzy, now this. Damn it to Hell, I would have downloaded/bought all of these if they were the studio recordings.

Is it cheaper to acquire the rights/permission/whatever to a "live" version of a song than the original "studio" version?

[quote name='grundy']
Is it cheaper to acquire the rights/permission/whatever to a "live" version of a song than the original "studio" version?[/QUOTE]

Not at all (unless the live album is on a different record label than the studio albums and said label is more difficult to work with)

I think HMX is just releasing live versions because you are playing a game in front of a fake live audience. I think it just adds to the experience (unless of course the live version just sucks compared to the studio version - which many do). If they sound the same I kind of like the live version

[quote name='shieryda']Why do all the great classic rock tracks have to be live?:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I agree it's annoying.

To throw another theory out there (which is supported by what happened with some of The Who material, as well as some of the rerecords we've gotten) - for some of these older songs, the masters may not be available so they have to stick with the live versions.

I'd prefer no live versions, but depending on the artist...beggars can't be choosers, I guess. I usually don't mind the rerecords at all though, the Ace of Spades '08 version is fine, the Styx stuff was fine, and Testament's Souls of Black is actually better than the version from 20 years ago.

May be in for one or two AC tracks. I want to hear them first though since they are live.

[quote name='grundy']That's exactly what I keep wondering. First with the entire AC/DC thing, then with Thin Lizzy, now this. Damn it to Hell, I would have downloaded/bought all of these if they were the studio recordings.[/QUOTE]

Same. Look at it this way, though: we're saving money!:D

The live versions bother me, but I have a feeling I'd be a lot less bothered by them while I'm actually playing the game.

Even the cover songs in early GH and RB1 didn't bother me as much as I assumed they would, WHILE I was playing the game. Not that I ever think we should go back to that.

I'm torn on live or not.

I think I prefer live to re-records. Story of My Life in both GHIII and RB2 are re-records (different ones, I think). Ring of Fire is the original album version.

I don't care for Ace of Spades '08, though.

And I positively *love* the AC/DC Live tracks. Get that disc on the cheap. Totally worth it.

[quote name='mykevermin']And I positively *love* the AC/DC Live tracks. Get that disc on the cheap. Totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

I still may do that. I do love me some AC/DC.

And I agree about the covers. I'd rather see live tracks more than covers.

The thing i dislike about live tracks is talking to the audience. Like how occasionally there's a "How's everyone doing out there?!" Simply because I'm at home playing alone with my TV and I feel even more stupid asking the digital audience how they're doing.

[quote name='JJSP']Absolutely in for the Taking Back Sunday songs if only to swing the mic around my living room.[/QUOTE]

Lol. The singer was so good at doing that at the TBS concert I went to. It was so cool.

Glad HMX listened and is FINALLY bringing TBS to RB. Day 1 purchase!!!

Anyone interest in doing vocals later today. I wanted to beat the impossible vocal challenge. Doesn't have to be on any difficulty. Shoot me a msg if you are interested.

Hey guys! Not sure if you remember me...I went to basic training and ran the old rock band thread. So I am still in basic and ahve about a month and half left.

My bro has been keeping me in the know though and the first week I am gone he writes me and tells me that don't stop believin' and C'mon C'mon are going to be DLC. I got an instnat chubby and I instantly couldn't WAIT to get back home. Seriously...C'mon C'mon is the fuckING SHIT! I love that song!!!

Well I gotta go, I am only some little pass so take it easy everyone.

Liar is my favorite TBS song, will be picking up all three, and probably all the alice Cooper songs as well. I've been very pleased with DLC the last few weeks, more so than usual.

I actually enjoy the live versions of songs we've gotten so far.

Does anybody know what's up with the song Last Resort by Papa Roach? It's sounds way worse than the version off the CD.

Kids Don't Follow surprisingly popped up on the marketplace this morning, after being delayed last week. As a Replacements fan, I'm sad to say it has one of the least-fun drum charts in the game thus far. Might be worth it for the other instruments, but my first reaction upon playing the drums is one of disappointment. At least they kept the spoken intro intact.

I blind bought School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies.

Unfun shitty garbage charts and the live songs don't sound anywhere near as good as the studio versions.

[quote name='Trakan']I blind bought School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies.

Unfun shitty garbage charts and the live songs don't sound anywhere near as good as the studio versions.[/QUOTE]
And I read this after I bought it. Fantastic.

Anyone know how the TBS pack is?

[quote name='bardockkun']And I read this after I bought it. Fantastic.

Anyone know how the TBS pack is?[/QUOTE]

I'm downloading it right now! Will let you know how it is.

Anyone want to play some RB2 right now? I'm getting on now so send me a message if you want to play.

[quote name='bardockkun']And I read this after I bought it. Fantastic.

Anyone know how the TBS pack is?[/QUOTE]

a little simple and repetitive, but they're really fun to sing and play guitar to since its easy to keep up with the chart while singing.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Hey guys! Not sure if you remember me...I went to basic training and ran the old rock band thread. So I am still in basic and ahve about a month and half left.

My bro has been keeping me in the know though and the first week I am gone he writes me and tells me that don't stop believin' and C'mon C'mon are going to be DLC. I got an instnat chubby and I instantly couldn't WAIT to get back home. Seriously...C'mon C'mon is the fuckING SHIT! I love that song!!!

Well I gotta go, I am only some little pass so take it easy everyone.[/QUOTE]

Where in God's name did you hear that C'mon C'mon are going to be DLC? By the Von Bondies? That song is my fucking favorite song ever. fuck, I have it tattooed on me for cryin' out loud. And then Journey? Dude your my hero if this is true.

Edit: Just googled it now, on my way to Gamestop to get some points.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Where in God's name did you hear that C'mon C'mon are going to be DLC? By the Von Bondies? That song is my fucking favorite song ever. fuck, I have it tattooed on me for cryin' out loud. And then Journey? Dude your my hero if this is true.

Edit: Just googled it now, on my way to Gamestop to get some points.[/QUOTE]

Lol someones late to the party, especially for a song tattooed on your body.

Have fun playin the songs!

[quote name='Flyersfan']Lol someones late to the party, especially for a song tattooed on your body.

Have fun playin the songs![/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, I'm ashamed I didn't see this earlier. It's hard to keep up with all these songs every Tuesday. Anyways C'mon C'mon is by far my favorite song on Rock Band, I figured they would have butchered it but I had a lot of fun playing it. Also downloaded Don't Stop Believing, and Smooth Criminal. Plan on picking up the TBS pack on Friday.

[quote name='hhhdx4']a little simple and repetitive, but they're really fun to sing and play guitar to since its easy to keep up with the chart while singing.[/QUOTE]
I Figured alot of alternate strumming for those. Though am I missing out on anything special on the other songs in the bundle if I just get "Liar (Takes One to Know One)"?

TBS songs are great, lots of fun to play, nothing super hard by any means, and great party songs. Got a group together last night and everyone was rocking out pretty hard...and yes, there was mic swinging to be had by all (and a mic may have been lost/damaged in the adventures, but whatev).

The TBS songs remind me why I love Rock Band, just a lot of fun play, forget yourself for a minute or two and feel like you are rocking out with the band...good times!

But yeah, it certainly helps if you are a big TBS fan. I would love to see some of their earlier stuff (or even stuff off the new album) drop soon too.

Got everything this week, the TBS pack is pretty fun on drums, not the most challenging but fun. Alice Cooper pack is suprisingly good as well on drums, it does have its weak tracks (here's looking at you poison) and the replacement track is great to listen to but a bitch to play.

I generally YouTube all charts before buying a song now, after Don't Stop Believing. The guitar intro on expert kills me every time, which pisses me off because the rest of the song is easy.

And since I'm relatively new 'round here, just thought I'd say that I'm usually game to play, and I play Expert Guitar/Bass.

bread's done
Back