Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

I'm hoping that they just planned a "break" after the first three albums all along. It's not too far-fetched since they announced them all together, way in advance.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I really wish they'd put more Jonathan Coulton in the Rock Band store. I want to play De-evolving soooooo bad.[/QUOTE]
You'll be getting more of him once Rock Band Network is out. Playtesting and I saw some tracks of his on.

[quote name='bardockkun']You'll be getting more of him once Rock Band Network is out. Playtesting and I saw some tracks of his on.[/QUOTE]
WOOO! Thanks, Bardock! I'm glad that's happening. Any word when the RBN is going to be released to the general public?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm hoping that they just planned a "break" after the first three albums all along. It's not too far-fetched since they announced them all together, way in advance.[/QUOTE]

I thought they always said in articles and press releases it all depends on the sales numbers for the current DLC. If there's a demand for it (in their eyes) they'll make more. I can't remember the article I just remember one of the devs saying it takes too much time and money to keep making new Dreamscapes if they don't make any money off them.

Which is why I don't understand why they don't just release all the earlier albums (pre-Sgt Pepper) and just use the live stages. I don't care if they play the same video over and over in the background, I'm too busy watching notes scroll down the screen

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Here are the rest of the Jonathan Coulton songs.

Johnathan Coulton - Creepy Doll
Johnathan Coulton - The Future Soon
Johnathan Coulton - Ikea
Johnathan Coulton - (more unconfirmed songs)

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176523[/QUOTE]

I cannot thank you enough! THANK YOU!!!

Those will be first day downloads for me.

Also, I can't believe there was no real news anywhere about the RBN launching today. I need to get on that later after I play Bayonetta and check out what they all got.

It's impossible to keep up with everyone talking about this, but just looking at some comments from the RB forums, I think the original WSJ article saying it launches today was incorrect. I'll leave the subject line up for now, but I wouldn't bank on anything being released today.

Non-official statements I've seen have said:

No, the store is not open yet, even though the WSJ article did say that the store would open today. They were wrong.

No. Open beta means people can join the creators site and become part or the creation or testing process.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It's impossible to keep up with everyone talking about this, but just looking at some comments from the RB forums, I think the original WSJ article saying it launches today was incorrect. I'll leave the subject line up for now, but I wouldn't bank on anything being released today.

Non-official statements I've seen have said:[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks. I guess I'll try to get into the open beta then. I'd definitely like to test some tracks out.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Well, that sucks. I guess I'll try to get into the open beta then. I'd definitely like to test some tracks out.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget your premium creator's club membership!

Also, on a side note... I'm super excited for the Phoenix tracks today. Got them queued up and ready to play when I get home.

[quote name='jonathanp']Anyone seen the official Rock Band site? It's basically a loading screen with the caption "Rock Band Network is almost here...".

Exciting.[/QUOTE]

I usually link right to the forums, thanks for the heads up! looks sexy!

edit: wow it dosent even let you click through.

[quote name='Brainwave0']It's an open beta for XNA members only.[/QUOTE]

True, but you can use the free trial membership or the Dream-Build-Play membership to get in and that will give you access to download, audition and play-test songs. The only thing you need a premium XNA account for is to actually upload songs.

Soooo I had like 2 solid rock sessions with my new RB2 guitar, and now the damn thing won't turn on. Is there some known issue with turning it on that is easily fixable, or do I just have a dud?

just to add some background: it's for 360, I'm using batteries that are PROVEN to be good via other controllers, and it's definitely synced properly since I can still use it to turn the 360 on.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Soooo I had like 2 solid rock sessions with my new RB2 guitar, and now the damn thing won't turn on. Is there some known issue with turning it on that is easily fixable, or do I just have a dud?

just to add some background: it's for 360, I'm using batteries that are PROVEN to be good via other controllers, and it's definitely synced properly since I can still use it to turn the 360 on.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's a known widespread issue, but it's happened to me with 2 RB2 guitars already. My 3rd one has been fine *knock on wood* but I haven't used it in a long while.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure if it's a known widespread issue, but it's happened to me with 2 RB2 guitars already. My 3rd one has been fine *knock on wood* but I haven't used it in a long while.[/QUOTE]bahhhh well I guess I'll proceed with the RMA then. What sucks is that I'm having some really weird red ring issues lately - the RROD blinks, but the Xbox works fine the whole time. The ONLY thing that seems to not work is syncing new controllers, so if I get a replacement guitar I probably won't even get to test it until my Xbox gets fixed. :whistle2:( Sucks but thanks for the input!

[quote name='mang9432']True, but you can use the free trial membership or the Dream-Build-Play membership to get in and that will give you access to download, audition and play-test songs. The only thing you need a premium XNA account for is to actually upload songs.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually been able to test with a trial XNA membership? I thought that this was the case too, but I've got a trial XNA account and I can't do anything. There are no download links and the "Get Started" page says I need to sign up for a Premium XNA membership. Further, all the info I'm seeing on the site says a Premium membership is needed.

So, if I'm missing something, please let me know!

[quote name='abilyk']Have you actually been able to test with a trial XNA membership? I thought that this was the case too, but I've got a trial XNA account and I can't do anything. There are no download links and the "Get Started" page says I need to sign up for a Premium XNA membership. Further, all the info I'm seeing on the site says a Premium membership is needed.

So, if I'm missing something, please let me know![/QUOTE]

Looks like you can use a trial XNA account to author and audition your own songs, but that's it. You must have a paid account to upload your own songs or (more importantly for me) download and play-test. Source: http://creators.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288

new article about Green Day Rock Band: http://www.newsarama.com/games/Rock-Band-Degooyer-100120.html

Of particular interest:
Nrama: Are we looking at any new features, similar to Harmony being added in The Beatles?

DeGooyer: There's a couple little things, I don't know what we've announced yet. Harmony IS going to be in it, and basically, it takes into its purview all of the Rock Band platform.
Now before anyone moans about harmonies being "wasted" on Green Day or whatever, just ponder the implications of this. If Green Day gets harmonies, then it's pretty safe to assume that Harmonix views harmonies as a permanent upgrade to the Rock Band platform. This is probably the strongest evidence that we'll get harmonies in Rock Band 3. :D

[quote name='BustaUppa']Soooo I had like 2 solid rock sessions with my new RB2 guitar, and now the damn thing won't turn on. Is there some known issue with turning it on that is easily fixable, or do I just have a dud?

just to add some background: it's for 360, I'm using batteries that are PROVEN to be good via other controllers, and it's definitely synced properly since I can still use it to turn the 360 on.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is applicable to your situation, but I noticed that my RB2 guitar will actually continue to drain its batteries even when unused. I have to remove the batteries whenever I finish playing the game.

[quote name='rapsodist']Not sure if this is applicable to your situation, but I noticed that my RB2 guitar will actually continue to drain its batteries even when unused. I have to remove the batteries whenever I finish playing the game.[/QUOTE]Strange!

And now that I think of it, there was some other weird behavior from my guitar as well. When I was using it, any time I took the guitar out of the room, it would shut itself off. I wouldn't notice it at first, but when I walked back to the Xbox I would have that "Please Reconnect Controller" message. I thought that the guitar might have some proximity-based auto shutdown feature in order to conserve batteries or something. Does that sound right, or is that just another sign of a DUD guitar?

Next week - stuff from the Metal Track Pack:

• Blue öyster Cult – “Godzilla”
• Blue Öyster Cult – “Transmaniacon MC”
• Hawkwind – “Master of the Universe”
• I Mother Earth – “Levitate”
• Motörhead – “Killed by Death '08”
• Nazareth – “Hair of the Dog” (2008 re-recording)
• Rage Against the Machine – “Bulls on Parade”

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

In for Motorhead, Hawkwind, Rage, and maybe Nazareth if the re-record is ok. I saw "Hawkwind" and "Levitate" on consecutive lines and thought we were getting Hawkwind's "Levitation" for a second, which would have fucking ruled.

I will get a few of these, but not all. Re-records really bug me. Most likely will get Rage and BOC, but I'll give a listen to the others (never heard of Hawkwind).

[quote name='shieryda']I will get a few of these, but not all. Re-records really bug me. Most likely will get Rage and BOC, but I'll give a listen to the others (never heard of Hawkwind).[/QUOTE]

Hawkwind was probably most notable for being the band Lemmy was in before Motorhead. Master of the Universe isn't bad. It's fairly long, about 6 and a half minutes...gets a little repetitive on bass though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXq8vUlErPI

In for "Godzilla," but leery of the re-record of "Hair of the Dog." However, the Styx re-records were not that bad

Just spent my remaining points on GH5's metal pack, so now I have to wait for a deal before I can get next week's RB tracks.

Does anyone else have a plethora of songs that they've downloaded but not yet played? I can't keep up!!!

"Bulls on Parade" was on GHIII, so I'll pass on that one. Nice to see that more tracks from the original GH game (PS2) are coming out, though, since I never played that one.

Well finally my cracked red drum gave out on the original RB1 drum kit. What new set should I go after (exclude the Ion since I don't want to spend that much for it)... the RB2, GH, etc?

You know what I would like to see? The songs from the 1st indy track in Guitar Hero II pack make it to Rock band. Ex's and Oh's by Atreyu and Detonation by Trivium, there was another song in there but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

I just recall buying that pack and just playing the living shit out of it.

There's also this Band called Acceptance I'd like to see come to RB. They're comparable to the Cab (One of THOSE nights and Bounce). The vocals are pretty pop/boybandish but the drums and guitar are on point I think.

[quote name='lordopus99']Well finally my cracked red drum gave out on the original RB1 drum kit. What new set should I go after (exclude the Ion since I don't want to spend that much for it)... the RB2, GH, etc?[/QUOTE]

Get the ION man! That thing is freakin' SWEET! In all seriousness an RBII should do ya fine, and I recommend picking up a single cymbal expansion for the green.

I've found that having a green option that is more or less above/beside the blue pad really helps! I find the yellow and blue though to be totally trivial. I even took the yellow cymbal off my ion set the other day because it was little more than a distraction.

[quote name='Rocko']Another week without Beatles. :[[/QUOTE]

Have they announced when the next album is coming out? Or even what it's going to be? Surely they're going to release the White Album at some point.

I don't think they've published any numbers to give an indication of whether or not the first three albums sold enough to warrant any more full-album releases.

bread's done
Back