Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

As long as the songs export into the core Rockband game I don't care how many band packs the put out. I'll just pick them up when they are cheap like I did with Lego RB.

[quote name='KingDox']As long as the songs export into the core Rockband game I don't care how many band packs the put out. I'll just pick them up when they are cheap like I did with Lego RB.[/QUOTE]Yeah this. Also I'd take anything said by a rock star's relative with a huge grain of salt. The non-gamer types have a habit of getting the terminology all wrong in articles like that. Or heck, based on the wording of the article, this might just mean that Rock Band 3 has a Hendrix song in it. Think about it, "his music will be available in a new edition of Rock Band." It's pretty vague.

Ok, false alarm, and Busta may have been right. Hopefully get a few track packs out of this, though.

http://kotaku.com/5473998/no-there-isnt-a-jimi-hendrix-rock-band-in-the-works

The internet is swirling with rumors that Harmonix is working on a standalone version of Rock Band featuring the music of rock legend Jimi Hendrix. According to Harmonix, those rumors are false.

The tips are rolling in, citing websites from Billboard to Ultimate Guitar, all referencing a L.A. Times interview with Hendrix's sister Janie. Discussing a licensing deal Sony Music made for the Hendrix master recordings last year, the Times article reads, "Sony vowed to make his music 'available through every type of media' — including a new edition of 'Rock Band' that Janie Hendrix says should appear before the end of this year."

And thus was the rumor born. We contacted Harmonix for comment, and received the following response.

"While we have not made any official announcements regarding Jimi Hendrix and Rock Band, we are excited to say that we are in discussions to bring more of his music to our platform. Stay tuned."

But that could mean anything! More music could certainly mean a standalone game release, right?

Not in this case. The Harmonix / MTV rep I spoke to told me in no uncertain terms that they are not doing a standalone game.

And thus the rumor died.

Still, more Jimi in Rock Band could be on the way, and that's something, right?

Well if they aren't going to do a Hendrix game they certainly have no business going forward with a Green Day one...they should deny that as well :)

In for Hendrix, no matter what.

Bring on RB3!

For what it's worth, A Hendrix game would at least (imo) a better game than a green day game. With the drug induced 60s / 70s, you could probably have some of the interesting dreamscapes and such as you had with the Beatles game.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3513791#post3513791
[quote name='HMXHenry']

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Feb. 23) and PlayStation 3 system (Feb. 25):

HIM – “Heartkiller” +
HIM – “Ode to Solitude”
HIM – “Wings of a Butterfly”
KSM – “Distracted” +
Marilyn Manson – “The Dope Show”
One Night Only – “Just For Tonight” +
The Police – “Walking On the Moon” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “HIM Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “HIM Pack 01”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
[/quote]

In for the Manson track maybe...almost down to a three-digit MS points cache so I need to be picky. I need a deal on points soon. May buy Battlefield BC2 and use the 20 dollar credit on points.

Im not saying HIM is that good to begin with, but couldn't they have chosen some of the more popular songs like Funeral of Hearts or Gone With the Sin?

[quote name='Techsticles']Im not saying HIM is that good to begin with, but couldn't they have chosen some of the more popular songs like Funeral of Hearts or Gone With the Sin?[/QUOTE]

After review of the 3 being offered next week, I'll only be getting the one I actually know; "Wings of a Butterfly".

Here's a question about the drum set for the Wii: The rubber pad for the red drum is completely off (but the drum itself is still in tact and attached to the main set so nothing is broken). Every time we try to put the "pad" back in and strike it with a drumstick, it, for lack of a better description, "bubbles" up - it will not stay in place like the others.

Is there a relatively quick fix to this? I've thought about buying those drum pad silencers and seeing if that would work, but I wasn't sure if striking that would damage the drum pad

Some notable songs in RBN so far...

-Drowning Pool: Bodies
-KMFDM: Drug Against War and Juke Joint Jezebelle
-Between the Buried and Me: Mordecai
-Death Angel: Dethroned
-Dimmur Borgir: The Serpentine Offering
-Flogging Molly: Requiem for a Dying Song and Drunken Lullabies (live)
-MXPX: One Step Further
-Silverstein: American Dream
-Seether: Remedy
-Senses Fail: Lady in Blue Dress
-Skeletonwitch: Crushed Beyond Dist
-Smashing Pumpkins: Bullet with Butterfly Wings
-The Shins: So Says I and Australia

Plus alot more other stuff...

Disturbed posted to their Myspace that "Meaning of Life," "The Game," and "Voices" will be coming next week.

This may not be all that is coming next week, and has not been confirmed by Harmonix yet.

[quote name='bardockkun']Some notable songs in RBN so far...

-Drowning Pool: Bodies
-KMFDM: Drug Against War and Juke Joint Jezebelle
-Between the Buried and Me: Mordecai

-Dimmur Borgir: The Serpentine Offering

-Seether: Remedy
-Senses Fail: Lady in Blue Dress
-Skeletonwitch: Crushed Beyond Dist

Plus alot more other stuff...[/QUOTE]

I think I just shit myself. *checks pants* Yep, I've officially crapped my pants at this update.

How do I get to play these? I know nothing about RBN, but don't want to pay anything extra in terms of a monthly fee. Will these songs be offered as downloads in the store eventually?

originally posted by hmxpope
lookit, i'm doing the dlc announcement this week! Power wrested from the greasy clutches of hmxhenry! Enjoy these tasty tracks on this delicious friday. Or don't. It's completely up to you.

disturbed – “meaning of life”
disturbed – “the game”
disturbed – “voices”
the mother hips – “third floor story”
the mother hips – “white falcon fuzz” + *
silversun pickups – “panic switch”
silversun pickups – “sort of” +
trustcompany – “downfall” +

(all tracks are original master recordings)

these tracks will be available for purchase as “disturbed pack 02” as well as individual tracks on xbox 360 and playstation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly lego® rock band music store. Tracks marked with a “*” will come out in europe only on march 11.

Price:
$1.99 usd, £.99 uk, €1.49 eu (160 microsoft points for xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £2.49 uk, €3.99 eu (440 microsoft points for xbox 360) for “disturbed pack 02”

$2.00 usd (200 wii points™) per track

** dates for rock band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

for all dlc song credits and other juicy details you can check out the music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the rock band 'zine for brand new articles!

Absolutely in for the Disturbed pack. Maybe that TrustCompany track too.

Also looking forward to Drowning Pool and Seether once that stuff gets out of Beta and available to everyone.

Definitely in for the Disturbed pack; I've wanted "The Game" since the first pack came out.

Might also pick up the Silversun Pickups tracks.

[quote name='Side One Dumm7']If you ever wondered what it would be like to jam the ‘59 Sound with The Gaslight Anthem your in luck ! The bands first 2 singles “The ‘59 Sound” and “Old White Lincoln” will soon be available for download in the Rock Band Network. We are currently play testing the first two tracks in the Creators newtwork and will be releasing them for download on your Xbox 360 in early March.[/QUOTE]
Chalk up another one I'm excited about.

[quote name='shieryda']I think I just shit myself. *checks pants* Yep, I've officially crapped my pants at this update.

How do I get to play these? I know nothing about RBN, but don't want to pay anything extra in terms of a monthly fee. Will these songs be offered as downloads in the store eventually?[/QUOTE]

RBN will eventually be made available to the public. There won't be any extra fees if you simply want to preview, demo, and purchase songs. (You only need to worry about that if you actually want to create songs.) It's supposed to hit wide release sometime in the next few months ("early 2010"), though I'm not sure if it'll be integrated with the current store or if it'll exist as its own separate listing.

[quote name='shieryda']I think I just shit myself. *checks pants* Yep, I've officially crapped my pants at this update.

How do I get to play these? I know nothing about RBN, but don't want to pay anything extra in terms of a monthly fee. Will these songs be offered as downloads in the store eventually?[/QUOTE]
I Got in as part of the beta is my excuse. I Haven't been on in a few weeks of it though, so was surprised to see that stuff. Though I know some have already been approved so there's possibly more from these artists (and others) that I've yet to see.

I can't believe "Panic Switch" is coming out next week. After waiting and waiting for it on Rock Band, I picked it up for Guitar Hero this past Tuesday. Ugh. Probably a re-buy for me.

MjC

The red drum PAD on the Wii set at first started to bubble up as we were playing it. Now, it has become so loose that you can take out the pad itself.
There is no damage to the rim, or other parts of the drum

I was wondering two things:

1. Is there a "quick fix" to this

2. If I used those Drum silencers (either official or the Mad Catz ones) and placed one over the red drum, would that work as a suitable fix?

Thanks

Yeah. Slow down on RBN, already.

[quote name='bardockkun']Spotted some Otep and Kittie in RBN as well now...

Oh and...HENCHMEN RIDE BY TESTAMENT![/QUOTE]

Nice. Not my favorite off that album but any Testament is welcome Testament.

[quote name='bardockkun']Spotted some Otep and Kittie in RBN as well now...

Oh and...HENCHMEN RIDE BY TESTAMENT![/QUOTE]

Which Kittie track did you see?

bread's done
Back