Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='2DMention']
When is RBN 2.0 supposed to be around? Hopefully they'll be lots of industrial, New wave/dark wave/synthpop with keys.[/QUOTE]
The big rumor is it'll launch around January.

[quote name='bardockkun']Holy shit that song is FUN as hell on guitar! The hammer on's and pull off's remind me almost of "Cult of Personality" in GH3. "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon" is holy shit pain in the ass though meaning it will kick your ass. Though the noises in the songs (like car horn and horse neighing) are done on vocals for beter or worse.

RBN wise I got like 53 songs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's probably one of my favorite songs in the game, both music and playing wise. Never got Tastes Like Kevin Bacon; can't even make it through the intro, haha

[quote name='lolwut?']Yeah it's probably one of my favorite songs in the game, both music and playing wise. Never got Tastes Like Kevin Bacon; can't even make it through the intro, haha[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Tastes Like Kevin Bacon is a whore. It reaches the points of unfun hard. Even on bass I hate it with the middle of the song I think where it gives you the two frets across the board and zig zags.

[quote name='lolwut?']I dunno if anyone has asked something similar yet, but what have you guys been buying from the Rock Band Network? I don't have very many songs, but there are quite a bit I want that I'm holding off on, either because of pricing, difficulty, or bad charting. Here's what I do have though:

Between the Buried and Me - Obfuscation
Bibleblack - I Am Legion
Bornholm - Where the Light was Born
The Devil Wears Prada - Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over / HTML Rulez D00D
Drowning Pool - Bodies
iwrestledabearonce - You Ain't No Family
Suicide Silence - Disengage / Wake Up[/QUOTE]

What I have; on the fence for a few...
All Time Low - Walls
All That Remains - Forever in your Hands
Attack Attack! - Sticky Sticky
Bang Camero - Blood Red Rock, Push Push, Revolution, Swallow the Razor
A Day To Remember - I'm Made of Wax...
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabyes (Live)
Of Mice and Men - Second Sebring
Senses Fail - Lady in a Blue Dress
There for Tomorrow - A Little Faster
Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life

RBN I have...

3 Inches of Blood: Battles and Brotherhood
Alias Unknown: Top Back
Anti-Flag: We Are The One
Audible Mainframe: Anybody Else
Bang Camaro: Revolution
Bang Camaro: Blood Red Rock
Bang Camaro: Push Push (Lady Lightning)
Bang Camaro: Swallow The Razor
Between the Buried and Me: Obfuscation
Between the Buried and Me: Mordecai
Black Market: Tongue Twister Typo
Cancer Bats: Dead Wrong
Cancer Bats: Hail Destroyer
Cancer Bats: Sorceress
Cancer Bats: Scared to Death
Clutch: 50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Clutch: The Mob Goes Wild
Converge: Dark Horse
Damone: Roll The Dice
Damone: Serial Killer
Demon Hunter: Collapsing
Death Angel: Dethroned
Family Force 5: Radiator
The Fisticuffs: Liverpool Judies
Flight of the Conchords: Business Time
Flight of the Conchords: Demon Woman
Flight of the Conchords: The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)
GWAR: Let Us Slay
Hourcast: Freakshow
In This Moment: The Gun Show
In This Moment: Mechanical Love
KMFDM: A Drug Against War
KMFDM: Juke Joint Jezebel
The Main Drag: What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?
Meshuggah: Bleed
Midnight Riders: Midnight Ride
Midnight Riders: One Bad Man
MxPx: One Step Further
Stan Bush: The Touch
The Project Hate MCMXCIX: Descend Into The Eternal Pits of Possesion
The Red Chord: Antman
The Riptides: Dial M for Murder
The Riptides: Friday the 13th
The Riptides: Return to Blood Beach
Ron Wasserman: Fight Back
Rx: Wounded Soul
Stewart: Dance With Me
Sybreed: Doomsday Party
Testament: Henchmen Ride
Tijuana Sweethearts (AKA Vagiant): No Mercy
Tijuana Sweethearts: Trash Candy
Unearth: We Are Not Anonymous
Ween: Gabrielle

if they are in fact different charts (as some people are hoping for), then I could understand leaving both versions. However, I think this is unlikely. My guess is it's the exact same charting, with added keys/harmonies, and it will overwrite your previous file.

[quote name='dealer']Rodrigo y Gabriela - Buster Voodoo is a must buy from the RBN.[/QUOTE]
And hanuman. Eitherway those solo's kick my ass.

Plus goddammit with keys support and Rock Band teaching people to actually play instruments, I REALLY want Prince and the Revolution. As in I would literally shake a child just to get "I Would Die 4 U."

Prince strikes me as some1 who wouldn't want 2 let his music b used in these kinds of games. Hopefully for me, u, and every1 else, I'm wrong and it'll happen someday.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Prince strikes me as some1 who wouldn't want 2 let his music b used in these kinds of games. Hopefully for me, u, and every1 else, I'm wrong and it'll happen someday.[/QUOTE]

I hope now with the addition of Promode that he would reconsider since his beef with music games are that they don't teach how to play an instrument.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Prince strikes me as some1 who wouldn't want 2 let his music b used in these kinds of games. Hopefully for me, u, and every1 else, I'm wrong and it'll happen someday.[/QUOTE]
Until then I won't be laughing in the purple rain.

If we ever get The Time then shouldn't there be a requirement if you're a lead singer you must have your own door man/mirror holder/ho dumper?

[quote name='bardockkun']If we ever get The Time then shouldn't there be a requirement if you're a lead singer you must have your own door man/mirror holder/ho dumper?[/QUOTE]

Morris Day's suits couldn't handle any negative vibes. A lackey is totally a requirement when you look as fly as he does.

Hey fellow CAG'ers, as I was trying to import some of my songs from RB1, AC/DC, track packs, DLC, and RB2, I noticed that some ask for a code on your manual(RB2), while others ask for nothing(RB1) once it's already on your hard drive. I bought the codes for the country pack and the classic rock pack from ebay awhile back so those already transferred into RB3.(I'm pretty sure) Since my export code from RB2 to RB3 is in my RB2 manual(from the 20 free songs), and is needed to again export RB2 songs to RB3, I started to think that every code out there should be able to be recognized twice now instead of once.
So could someone just buy used copies of every track pack, and lego and Green Day +, and just input the "used" codes to import those songs to RB3?
If this sounds confusing let me explain in more detail: Someone buys RB: Green Day back over the past summer and uses the code to export the Green Day songs to his hard drive and for use in Rock Band 2. He then sells the copy of the Green Day game(since it's no longer needed) to gamestop, hastings, wherever. I buy that copy used and since the code won't let me use it to export the songs to my copy of RB2, I'm screwed, right? Well, maybe not.......except now there is a need for all of these codes to work again to allow people the chance to export the songs for use in RB3. Make sense? My useless codes from before would be valuable again since my copy of RB2 is important and useful for transferring the RB2 songs for use in RB3. So would it be worth my time to buy....say Green Day Plus used instead of new since the code would be needed to export to my RB3 and Harmonix would need to allow people to use the code twice instead of once as they now have two games(RB2 and RB3) that allow for the importing of songs from other releases that only come with one code. Any thoughts? I don't own RB:GD but if this trick works, I could buy it used cheaply and just hope that the code in the manual has only been used for exporting to RB2 and not RB3.

[quote name='bengalboy']Hey fellow CAG'ers, as I was trying to import some of my songs from RB1, AC/DC, track packs, DLC, and RB2, I noticed that some ask for a code on your manual(RB2), while others ask for nothing(RB1) once it's already on your hard drive. I bought the codes for the country pack and the classic rock pack from ebay awhile back so those already transferred into RB3.(I'm pretty sure) Since my export code from RB2 to RB3 is in my RB2 manual(from the 20 free songs), and is needed to again export RB2 songs to RB3, I started to think that every code out there should be able to be recognized twice now instead of once.
So could someone just buy used copies of every track pack, and lego and Green Day +, and just input the "used" codes to import those songs to RB3?
If this sounds confusing let me explain in more detail: Someone buys RB: Green Day back over the past summer and uses the code to export the Green Day songs to his hard drive and for use in Rock Band 2. He then sells the copy of the Green Day game(since it's no longer needed) to gamestop, hastings, wherever. I buy that copy used and since the code won't let me use it to export the songs to my copy of RB2, I'm screwed, right? Well, maybe not.......except now there is a need for all of these codes to work again to allow people the chance to export the songs for use in RB3. Make sense? My useless codes from before would be valuable again since my copy of RB2 is important and useful for transferring the RB2 songs for use in RB3. So would it be worth my time to buy....say Green Day Plus used instead of new since the code would be needed to export to my RB3 and Harmonix would need to allow people to use the code twice instead of once as they now have two games(RB2 and RB3) that allow for the importing of songs from other releases that only come with one code. Any thoughts? I don't own RB:GD but if this trick works, I could buy it used cheaply and just hope that the code in the manual has only been used for exporting to RB2 and not RB3.[/QUOTE]

The problem with your logic is that the RB2 code wasn't meant to be an export code at the time...but the codes for all the other games were. Why would any of those codes NEED to be "reactivated"? If they had been used, it would mean the songs were already on people's hard drives, primed and ready for RB3. With the RB2 code, it's more that it was given a 2nd purpose...rather than it being able to be used twice.

A better question is if someone were to buy RB2 brand new now, and tried redeeming the code, would XBL think you're trying to download the 20 free bonus songs OR export your RB2 tracklist? I would assume it would know the difference depending on where you're trying to do it from (XBL dash vs. RB3 "Get More Songs" menu). It's a nice idea. I just think your reasoning is flawed considering codes for Green Day, Lego, etc. were never for anything other than the explicit purpose of exporting. Nothing needed to be changed with them.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just want a Marvel vs. Capcom style fighter with The Revolution vs. The New Power Generation.[/QUOTE]

With a easter egg - 5 on 5 basketball. Dress shirts vs. blouses? :D

i thought when we got the free songs we put that code into an online site, which then sent us an xbox live code. therefore, harmonix has been handling the rb2 code, while the other codes you are talking about were live codes.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just want a Marvel vs. Capcom style fighter with The Revolution vs. The New Power Generation.[/QUOTE]
Winner gets Apollonia and loser has to purify themselves in the waters off Lake Minnetonka
that isn't Lake Minnetonka

I have a question, and I'm sure it has been discussed, but I don't want to go through 246 pages to find it.

How do you play online with other people? Is it just on Freeplay and not on Career? I couldn't figure this out....it's not like on RB2 where you could actually join a band already and people could join my band......so what am I missing?

[quote name='irratebass']I have a question, and I'm sure it has been discussed, but I don't want to go through 246 pages to find it.

How do you play online with other people? Is it just on Freeplay and not on Career? I couldn't figure this out....it's not like on RB2 where you could actually join a band already and people could join my band......so what am I missing?[/QUOTE]

Freeplay->Quickplay->Play on Xbox Live (3rd option)... If you are leader, hold down Green in order to start the setlist. I mention this as there are times when I people don't know how to do that and just exit.

[quote name='lordopus99']Freeplay->Quickplay->Play on Xbox Live (3rd option)... If you are leader, hold down Green in order to start the setlist. I mention this as there are times when I people don't know how to do that and just exit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will have to try this the next time I play.

[quote name='lordopus99']Freeplay->Quickplay->Play on Xbox Live (3rd option)... If you are leader, hold down Green in order to start the setlist. I mention this as there are times when I people don't know how to do that and just exit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will have to try this the next time I play.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/record-store-day

Support your local record store and get a free Rock Band 3 Doors download!

November 26, aka Black Friday, is also Record Store Day, a day dedicated to helping record stores stay alive. Go to recordstoreday.com to see which stores near you are participating, then visit your local store, buy any record or CD and get a token for a free download of The Doors’ “Roadhouse Blues” for play in Rock Band 3!

...of course, the *one* Doors song I bought is the one they give away.

[quote name='srr']With a easter egg - 5 on 5 basketball. Dress shirts vs. blouses? :D[/QUOTE]

And a cut-scene where Prince makes pancakes. :applause:

I doubt independent record stores are going to be swarming with people on BF, although I don't think *1* Rock Band song is worth a purchase unless there's some CD I want anyway.

Just a heads up guys, there are some Rock Band track packs on sale this week for the big Black Friday event. Just copied this from reddjoey's great DLC megathread:

Rock Band Track Packs:(Works in RB1, RB2, RB3)

-Lady Gaga Pack 01 - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Contains:
-"Bad Romance"
-"Just Dance"
-"Monster"
-"Poker Face"

-Nirvana Pack 01 - 640 Microsoft Points - 27% off
Contains:
-"Breed"
-"Lounge Act"
-"On a Plain"
-"Polly"
-"Something In the Way"
-"Stay Away"
-"Territorial Pissings"

-Nirvana Pack 02 - 240 Microsoft Points - 45% off
Contains:
-"Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)"
-"Lithium (Live from Reading)"
-"Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Considering Nirvana Pack 02 (already have 01) and maybe even Lady Gaga ahaha, though those are supposed to be pretty boring on guitar.

Those Lady Gaga tracks get played non-stop at all my family parties. Take that however you want it:

1) It gets your family into actually playing a video game.
2) Stop playing those songs already!

Thankfully, I love Lady Gaga so works for me. The Gaga songs are pretty basic on all instruments, but Bad Romance and Poker Face do have tons of expert bass notes.

If anyone still doesn't have the flawless guitar achievements for RB1, 2, & 3. Just Dance is the song I got the achievements with in all three games. Expert guitar on that song is about equal to a medium bass song.

Only problem with Gaga in Rock Band is that, honestly, only the vocalist has anything interesting to do. Lips has the advantage here-- two vocalists, you get to watch the music video, and you have access to LoveGame and Paparazzi.

When girls come over to play Rock Band at my place, bet your cheap ass we play some Gaga. I feel like it's one of those packs anyone that uses RB as a center piece for entertaining friends should have.

The Gaga tracks might not be hard or offer up anything all that great on anything other than vocals, but the casual players of Rock Band aren't looking for a challenge.

And I don't want to be a whiny whinington, but it's been a hot fuckin minute since there was some DLC that was so good it made my asshole pucker; this of course being a personal issue. Some of you may have been totally psyched for John Lennon, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, etc. Nothing has tickled my fancy as of late though. With the introduction of keys some Muse is lookin on point. And because we're talking DLC I'd like to see I am of course going to give you my take on an ideal Muse pack...

Starlight
Map of the Problematique
Invincible
Knights of Cydonia
Take a Bow
Endlessly
New Born
Take a Bow
Guiding Light
Resistance
Uprising
Plug In Baby
Sunburn
Bliss...

Actually, no. I've mentioned before that they need their own game, and I am going to stand by that if only because a 15 song track pack wouldn't do them justice. And I feel that a band game for Muse, easily one of the top 5 most popular bands every where in the world that isn't the United States, definitely would have a chance. I mean...if Green Day stood a chance then a muse game certainly would.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys do realize you can play Gaga's tracks proper on keyboard now, right?

On that note, Bulletproof is a nightmare on Keys.

I'm kinda pass the idea of Muse now. By now they know of the demand and if they're taking this long I want to say it isn't going to happen.

On the other hand I'm warming up more and more to variety of music now with keys support. After watching Colbert Report tonight with special guest and music performance, Cee Lo Green, I dare say I want "F You" in the game as well. Never cared for the song, but thinking for a full band, man, that looks fun as all hell.

Next week:

* 38 Special - "Hold On Loosely" (X)
* Bad Company - "Can't Get Enough" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "What's Your Name?" (X)

Nothing for me.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Next week:

* 38 Special - "Hold On Loosely" (X)
* Bad Company - "Can't Get Enough" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)" (X)
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "What's Your Name?" (X)

Nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm iffy on those, but I don't think so.

I wish they'd quit offering classic rock for DLC and give us some newer stuff!

Yo HMX, I'm really happy for next weeks DLC, and ima let you finish, but the Eagles were one of the best "Classic Southern Rock" bands of ALL TIME!! Of ALL TIME!

Put them in the game already!! :D

In for Hold on Loosely and maybe Sweet Home Alabama if it's a good live version. The one from GHWT was pretty good, so hopefully that's what they use.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm iffy on those, but I don't think so.

I wish they'd quit offering classic rock for DLC and give us some newer stuff![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

Mr. RobertKane (see what I did there? heh)

Thank you for keeping this updated...still no That Smell...only Skynyrd's best song, but I do want Hold On Loosely.

Still holding my breath for Appetite For Destruction full album.

Probably won't happen now that Axl's being a douche to Slash and Activision....everyone hear about this? sigh.

[quote name='Nohbdy']You guys do realize you can play Gaga's tracks proper on keyboard now, right?

On that note, Bulletproof is a nightmare on Keys.[/QUOTE]

I bought Bulletproof with the hope of keys, that is great news.

Also last time Axl got pissed we got Chinese Democracy. Him getting pissed is a good thing.

[quote name='lolwut?']Just a heads up guys, there are some Rock Band track packs on sale this week for the big Black Friday event. Just copied this from reddjoey's great DLC megathread:

Rock Band Track Packs:(Works in RB1, RB2, RB3)

-Lady Gaga Pack 01 - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Contains:
-"Bad Romance"
-"Just Dance"
-"Monster"
-"Poker Face"

-Nirvana Pack 01 - 640 Microsoft Points - 27% off
Contains:
-"Breed"
-"Lounge Act"
-"On a Plain"
-"Polly"
-"Something In the Way"
-"Stay Away"
-"Territorial Pissings"

-Nirvana Pack 02 - 240 Microsoft Points - 45% off
Contains:
-"Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)"
-"Lithium (Live from Reading)"
-"Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Considering Nirvana Pack 02 (already have 01) and maybe even Lady Gaga ahaha, though those are supposed to be pretty boring on guitar.[/QUOTE]

Crap! Now I have to buy some MS points, my wife will LOVE the Gaga tracks (espeically since I am buying her the keyboard for xmas ...shhhh don't tell) and I need Lounge Act and Stay Away...thanks

bread's done
Back