Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Everclear - Santa Monica (X)
Good Charlotte - The Anthem
Mastodon - Curl of the Burl

My computer has shit the bed as of about 2 weeks ago and it's a pain to update the OP from my phone, or make any lengthy posts for that matter...I'll catch up once I'm up and running again

Maybe in for Mastodon (not my favorite song off the new album, but whateva).

Thanks, Kane. The Rockband Wiki didn't even show those new songs yet, which is why I asked.

Next week leaked early. Still no comp so I don't want to dick around with the OP but I'll at least edit the thread title.

3 Days Grace – The Good Life
3 Days Grace – I Hate Everything About You
3 Days Grace – Pain (X)

Also two Devin Townsend songs came out this week so the full Ziltoid the Omniscient album is now available on RBN. "The Greys" has a pretty funny RB-specific ending to it.

Saw something in the deal forum about Gamestop literally throwing away their GH/RB guitars where a store manager basically said "take what you want, corporate sent a memo wanting us to destroy all field stock." So if you're really desperate for a replacement/backup instrument that may be something to try. Probably want to check sooner than later though.

I'm sure it's been asked, but does anyone have ANY advice on two hand tapping and other advanced techniques? I get the gist of it, and I know it comes down to player skill, but damn, some songs just feel impossible without it.

[quote name='lordopus99']Next Week
Men at Work – Down Under
Men at Work – Overkill
Santana – Smooth X[/QUOTE]

Probably in for Down Under and Smooth, but only when I start playing this game again.

[quote name='masked lemon']Harmonix is supposedly making a huge announcement on April 4th. I'm hoping it is Rock Band 4.[/QUOTE]
It won't be. I'm guessing it'll probably be their new download title.

[quote name='masked lemon']Harmonix is supposedly making a huge announcement on April 4th. I'm hoping it is Rock Band 4.[/QUOTE]

Rock Band: Led Zeppelin

A guy can dream, right?

Something fishy is going on and we (as in 360 users) seemed to have lucked out here. Let the conspiracy theories start. Hopefully it's nothing but we'll see. Considering Spring just started, "by Summer" could be a long ways away if there are any PS3 or Wii Rock Band users left.

Post from Moderator on the RB site:

Hey gang,

Starting April 1st there will be a temporary interruption in DLC service for SCEE (Sony Europe), NOA (Nintendo in America) and NOE (Nintendo in Europe). This downtime is a direct result of mandatory changes being made to our DLC publishing arrangements.

What does this mean for PS3 and Wii users in the affected territories?

• After 4/1 there will be a temporary interruption of new DLC releases (including RBN)
• The existing catalog of previous RB DLC releases should remain available as usual
• Export for all eligible RB titles should be unaffected
• Our hope is to resume regular DLC service by this summer

We know that this isn’t ideal news for those of you still picking up new DLC every week, but you can trust that this short down time is necessary to ensure the continued release of DLC and the continued availability of the thousands of songs in the back catalog. There is no precedent for managing a library of content this size, and no standard for making changes on this scale but we are working hard to ensure that the process is as quick and as smooth as possible.

We’ll refresh this post with updates and responses to FAQs in the coming weeks, so please keep posted for more info. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding.

-HMXhenry

I really doubt that's April Fools. There's no humor to be found when they reveal the joke and doing that would create a lot of negative backlash towards a company that needs all the help they can get right now.

[quote name='bardockkun']Eitherway it's just effecting the Europeans and Nintendo owners. Hooray for the colonies![/QUOTE]
...and the PS3 owners.

The "should"s and "our hope"s in that list of details is what is most troubling, and there's no guarantee this issue won't spread to the 360 as well. Whatever the issue, RB has generally had an easier time (for lack of a better term) on the 360 so hopefully nothing will happen.

If the random 00's rock radio crap like Three Days Grace and the below are what we're gonna be getting for a while, they can take the 360 off new DLC as well as far as I'm concerned :lol:

Shinedown – “Second Chance” O X
Shinedown – “The Crow and the Butterfly” O
Shinedown – “Bully” O

[quote name='KaneRobot']...and the PS3 owners.[/QUOTE]

No. Read the report again.

Starting April 1st there will be a temporary interruption in DLC service for SCEE (Sony Europe), NOA (Nintendo in America) and NOE (Nintendo in Europe). This downtime is a direct result of mandatory changes being made to our DLC publishing arrangements.

What does this mean for PS3 and Wii users in the affected territories?

It's just SCEE. So, PS3 users...in Europe. The only American/Canadian gamers that will be affected are ones who play RB on Wii.

Honestly, without jumping to conclusions and going all doom and gloom, what I got out of it is that they're being forced to do some kind of server maintenance due to how large the catalog is. Considering the territories/platforms affected, it wouldn't blow my mind that they would want Harmonix to do a little housekeeping and perhaps compress the space that they're taking up. From the tone of the post, it doesn't sound like something they're doing by choice (he uses the term "mandatory"). I could be completely wrong, and this could be Harmonix scrambling to plug holes in a sinking ship. But it could also be something they have no control over.

images

Great cd, but probably not what you meant.

[quote name='KaneRobot']If the random 00's rock radio crap like Three Days Grace and the below are what we're gonna be getting for a while, they can take the 360 off new DLC as well as far as I'm concerned :lol:[/QUOTE]

You know, I watched the Rock Band trailer for the Shinedown songs, and my first reaction was "Wait, I thought that was a Nickelback song..." I'll be passing...

Since no one gave a shit about Evanesence this week...

Rock Band Blitz announced!

From Joystiq

Harmonix's Rock Band Blitz is coming to Xbox Live Arcade and PSN. It was revealed on G4's X-Play this evening, and showed gameplay similar to that of Rock Band Unplugged. Dispensing with peripherals, the controller-based gameplay has dexterous finger gymnasts cruising down a note highway, hitting blocks and switching between instruments for maximum scores.

The title will launch with 25 tracks, but the real coup is that the game can access the current Rock Band library on your console. The game also has access to the Rock Band Music Store for more DLC, meaning there are potentially over 3,500 tracks to import. As a bonus, the 25 songs that are bundled with the game are playable in Rock Band 3.
Sold.

[quote name='bardockkun']Since no one gave a shit about Evanesence this week...

Rock Band Blitz announced!

Sold.[/QUOTE]

The game looks bunk. But I consider it a track pack (since it ports into RB3) so I will buy it.

Five of the 25 tracks shown...
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Great White - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
- Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head (Metal Health)
- Blink 182 - Always

[quote name='bardockkun']I Enjoyed the hell out of Rock Band Unplugged and Amplitude/Frequency so I'm sold on it.[/QUOTE]

This. Only qualm with Unplugged was the smallish songlist. It's amazing that this will work with all the rest of the DLC :D

[quote name='Blade3D']I'll get it for the tracks[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Enjoyed the hell out of Rock Band Unplugged and Amplitude/Frequency so I'm sold on it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like Rock Band Unplugged that much (I never really gave it a chance though) but Amplitude and Frequency were fun (even though I found them very hard).

[quote name='lordopus99']The game looks bunk. But I consider it a track pack (since it ports into RB3) so I will buy it.

Five of the 25 tracks shown...
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Great White - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
- Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Quiet Riot - Bang Your Head (Metal Health)
- Blink 182 - Always[/QUOTE]

Was there any word on pricing? If it's 1200 MS points, fairly standard for an XBLA game, that would be a very decent price for 25 songs.

[quote name='DJP519']Was there any word on pricing? If it's 1200 MS points, fairly standard for an XBLA game, that would be a very decent price for 25 songs.[/QUOTE]
Not yet.

[quote name='bardockkun']fucking A! Slayer next week!

• Slayer – Raining Blood *
  • Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
  • Slayer – South of Heaven
[/QUOTE]

oh hell yes!

and i'll give Blitz a shot, but i'm picking it up for the soundtrack mostly. Jessie's Girl? worth 1200 MSP alone :) for 800 or 1200, it's an instabuy. if it's 1600 - i'd probably want to see the whole tracklist first, but would probably buy it still.

[quote name='bardockkun']fucking A! Slayer next week!

• Slayer – Raining Blood *
  • Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
  • Slayer – South of Heaven
[/QUOTE]

About time to dust off Rock Band 3 again.

Not even a big Slayer fan but definitely in for Seasons and SoH. Will probably just get the pack since the third track is at a discounted rate anyway.

I'll buy Blitz for the tracks. The game itself doesn't interest me at all.

Will try to get the OP back up to date this weekend.

[quote name='mykevermin']What's the asterisk for? is Raining Blood the only track w/ a Pro option?[/QUOTE]

Yep...which is too bad because the others are more fun to play in that style.

Noticed on the RB forums that That Authoring Group has a poll up for a Weird Al 3-pack that would be released on RBN. It's highly unlikely they'd put that poll up unless they were talking to him, so I'd expect to see something eventually.

They are all originals, no parodies (for at least semi-obvious reasons). Nature Trail to Hell is on there and doing well in the poll; I'd buy that immediately.

[quote name='shieryda']In for "Eat It", if it gets released.[/QUOTE]
Like I said, incredibly unlikely any parodies will be released, especially via RBN. Too much legal entanglement.

bread's done
Back