RockBand 1 & 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 3/15/09 - Funk Pack + More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='YourFace']I just hope this is the calm before the awesome DLC storm.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen them posted in this thread but there is an alt-country pack on the way (if that's your thing):

Drive by Truckers in Rock Band!
3 DIMES DOWN will be included as part of the ROCK BAND http://www.rockband.com alt-country pack which will also feature songs from Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, Neko Case and the Old 97’s. In stores Tuesday, February 24th.

.: Pulled from DVDtalk & DBT's MySpace page :.

Hate to create another topic(especially another recommendation topic)so I am going to try just asking here vs creating a new topic. Can anyone recommend me some new rock music in the emo/new age punk genre? Bands like Taking Back Sunday, Lost Prophets and Rise Against are good examples of what I am looking for. My radio died awhile back and Rock Band hasnt been putting any of this type of music up for some time so I really need exposure to some new bands.

[quote name='kennistond']Looks like Snoop Dogg is coming to Rock Band.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/snoop-dogg-coming-to-rock-band/922/

Why couldn't they give us some better rap, if they felt like they had to?[/QUOTE]hahahahaha... assuming they throw some of Snoop's guest shots on there, I hope we get "The Next Episode." There's a sparse guitar line in there and actually some singing (so it's not 100% "talky"). I can't see these tracks offering much gameplay-wise, but man oh man will they be fun to bust out at the parties.

From Twitter...
[quote name='RockBandDLC']2/17: Turbonegro – Wasted Again, White Zombie – More Human Than Human, White Zombie – Black Sunshine. Standard Prices.[/quote]
Street Fighter IV and GOOD Rock Band DLC songs on the same day?! AWESOME!!!

Hey gang!

This week we’re announcing three new DLC tracks from two bands new to the RB set list. You get one track from Turbonegro, and two from White Zombie. Here’s the songs coming at you next week:

Turbonegro – Wasted Again

White Zombie – More Human Than Human

White Zombie – Black Sunshine

All tracks are original master recordings.

These tracks will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece.

I know it was posted above but just to post the official posting.

Definitely getting the White Zombie songs. Soon that horrible Black Sunshine cover in GH3 will be a thing of the past; if someone's going to butcher that song, it's gonna be ME.

By now I kinda do wish Harmonix/EA did do a monthly service for DLC. The 20 free DLC tracks introduced me to Endeverafter with "I Wanna Be Your Man" and that is easily one of my favorite songs to play. So with things like that it does make me alot more open to trying new bands.

After a few really disappointing weeks, finally something decent, I won't say I'm super hyped over Turbonegro and White Zombie, but it's not bad, I'm still waiting for some Clutch (preferably s/t material)...
-Goatman

[quote name='mcgavin27']
Turbonegro – Wasted Again

White Zombie – More Human Than Human

White Zombie – Black Sunshine

All tracks are original master recordings.

These tracks will be $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) a piece.
[/quote]

The past month or so I've been pretty 'meh' about the DLC, but this is an instant buy for me. MORE PLEASE!

I might pick up More Human Than Human one day when points are a little more plentiful and my g/f and I have done all the random setlists so we don't have to worry about it coming up, but other than that, it's a pretty 'meh' week for me. I'm glad to see so many of you psyched up about this week though.

If I got the rock band track pack for 360, could I put the songs onto my hard drive to play on rock band 2? Kinda like how you could rip most of the songs from rock band 1.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']If I got the rock band track pack for 360, could I put the songs onto my hard drive to play on rock band 2? Kinda like how you could rip most of the songs from rock band 1.[/quote]

Yes, it comes with a code to do that.

This must be the longest amount of time between albums since they started releasing them. Wonder what the deal is.

[quote name='porieux']This must be the longest amount of time between albums since they started releasing them. Wonder what the deal is.[/quote]

Maybe something along the lines of the rush album is whats up. Man that sucked ass when that happened.

But something does seem a bit fishy since we've been getting such a small amount of songs each week. The Rob Zombie and Turbonegro seems like it should have gone along with the 3 pack from last week.

I had even forgotten about Nothing's Shocking until BostonColegeFan mentioned it. Is there something else we're waiting on besides that and Ten?

I played More Human Than Human on all 4 instruments today; finally having White Zombie on Rock Band has more than made up for the fact that I mistook that Wii DLC announcement for the announcement of the last 3 songs in Nevermind.

[quote name='Brainwave0']I had even forgotten about Nothing's Shocking until BostonColegeFan mentioned it. Is there something else we're waiting on besides that and Ten?[/quote]

SRV-Texas Flood was promised.

[quote name='kennistond']Chinese Democracy is also coming as an album.[/QUOTE]

I hope they plan to release either a beatbox, synthesizer, or pro-tools-like rock band instrument just before it, then.

White Zombie is pretty fun on bass, but Jesus tap dancing Christ a challenge on drums if people are interested (especially More Human).

[quote name='bardockkun']White Zombie is pretty fun on bass, but Jesus tap dancing Christ a challenge on drums if people are interested (especially More Human).[/quote]

I like Black Sunshine, I think on drums that's good times. More Human than Human though...that shit is no good! I would compare it to E-Pro, but harder.

I got 100% / gold star on More Human Than Human Expert Guitar, on the first try, so it must be pretty easy. Guess I should try it on bass/drums.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']
But something does seem a bit fishy since we've been getting such a small amount of songs each week. The Rob Zombie and Turbonegro seems like it should have gone along with the 3 pack from last week.[/QUOTE]

There was a post on the RB forums from HMX that the DLC we are getting now was worked on during the holidays. i.e. when everyone was sick and or on vacation, which is why there are fewer tracks. It should ramp back up again soon.

Next week's tracks are (so far) a three-pack from Jimmy Eat World. We'll be getting "Futures", "Lucky Denver Mint", and "Sweetness", all available at the usual 160MSP per song.

Courtesy of HMX Sean…
“Good morning everybody,
We are pleased to announce 8 tracks for next week’s DLC offering. We have 5 tracks for the Alt-Country pack, including acts like Neko Case, Steve Earle, Old 97’s, Drive By Truckers, and Lucinda Williams. We also have a Jimmy Eat World 3 pack (happy 10th Anniversary of Clarity!)

Tracks-

Drive By Truckers: 3 Dimes Down
Lucinda Williams: Can’t Let Go
Neko Case: People Got a Lot of Nerve
Old 97s: Time Bomb (LIVE)
Steve Earle: Satellite Radio

Jimmy Eat World: Futures
Jimmy Eat World: Lucky Denver Mint
Jimmy Eat World: Sweetness

All tracks are masters.
Price
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points) for Alt Country Pack
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for Jimmy Eat World Pack
Release Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 (Xbox) and Thursday, February 26, 2009 (PS3)”

Nice, I can always appreciate some alt. country! We're that much closer to getting some My Morning Jacket, Shelby Lynne, Josh Ritter, and Jesse Sykes. Eh, who am I kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back