Rockband games Old Navy 50% off

Azarius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
my local old navy hasnt had any rockband games out for sale in awhile, went in yesterday and suddenly there were a few all at 50% off

they were game only and they had

rockband 2 ps3/360 $25
beatles ps3/360/wii $20
Lego rockband ps3/360 $20
lego rockband ds $10
rockband unplugged psp (dont remember price)

they may not be the best prices BUT if you go to oldnavyweekly.com you can get decent old navy coupons like $10 off $50 or $25 off $75 etc. so if you need a shirt or something and throw a game or two in its not a bad deal

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one of those $10 off $50 coupons on the site... I just need to get to an Old Navy by the 11th and use the thing. The Beatles RB is the one I want the most but if I can find that, RB2 and Lego I will be quite the happy camper

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I would love to know why you're saying that. Given that The Gap just had a 45% profit increase that was attributed to Old Navy and that they're remodeling a quarter of their stores, I would beg to differ...but I'm sure you know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

He meant oldnavyweekly.com is closing down. That site gives out coupons every week for customers to use in the store. The site has been around for a few months.

[quote name='shoe478']When I traded in Lego Rock Band on the DS, I only got $6.xx base on it. That was on 2/23 (I remember because I used the credit to get Heavy Rain). I think Donut meant the total value and not the base. It could have went up but I doubt that.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I doubt it, too. The game is $20 everywhere, so the TIV sort of surprised me. Right after I posted it, I added the part about "someone reported," because it didn't sound right.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I would love to know why you're saying that. Given that The Gap just had a 45% profit increase that was attributed to Old Navy and that they're remodeling a quarter of their stores, I would beg to differ...but I'm sure you know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that's because on the front page of oldnavyweekly.com they say they're shutting down on 4/1. I'm sure there'll be another way to snag coupons though. Maybe with any luck the RB games will drop a little more this week!

[quote name='PenguinoMF']He meant oldnavyweekly.com is closing down. That site gives out coupons every week for customers to use in the store. The site has been around for a few months.[/QUOTE]

Oh, the website. That makes more sense. :cool:

Hey guys, my friend works at Old Navy and told me to use the 5 off 25 or 10 off 50 coupon. If you use these coupons, they just take 20 percent off of each item. So, say you want Beatles Rock Band.. just buy that ($20) and something that is $5, and you can return the $5 item whenever. You will just get your money back for that, and will essentially receive 20 percent off of Rock Band instead of 15.

I am sorry if this post is confusing, I am a bit tired at the moment.

Somethingh I noticed about these games at the store I visited. They looked like they were all resealed. None of them had a Y-fold. They all had that cheap-looking wrap. Just something to keep an eye out for, especially if you want the import code in Lego Rock Band. Someone might have taken it out.

Anyone know how long this promotion will last? Or is it until supplies end?
I hope at least one 360 Beatles copy lasts a week by my home town!

They are done with their Rock Band promotions, so these will be 50% off until they are gone. If an individual store has enough copies sit there on the counter for long enough, you might even see them go down further. They want out of their store.

[quote name='dmz5e']Hey guys, my friend works at Old Navy and told me to use the 5 off 25 or 10 off 50 coupon. If you use these coupons, they just take 20 percent off of each item. So, say you want Beatles Rock Band.. just buy that ($20) and something that is $5, and you can return the $5 item whenever. You will just get your money back for that, and will essentially receive 20 percent off of Rock Band instead of 15.

I am sorry if this post is confusing, I am a bit tired at the moment.[/QUOTE]

This is not true for 2 reasons.

First, the games are $39.99 or $39.95 and $49.99 or $49.95 so 50% off brings them down to $19.xx or $24.xx. The computer system does not allow for a coupon to be added unless it meets the requirements. Adding a $5 item to the $19.xx games will only bring it up to $24.xx and the coupon won't work.

Second, when a coupon is used for multiple items the savings are divided up based on the percentage each item makes up the total. For the sake of example, lets say you buy a $20 item and a $5 item. You use the $5 coupon and that would bring the items down to $16 and $4. So if you return the $5 item you only get $4 back and the $20 item stays at $16. Still save money but its more of a hassle versus using at 10-20% off coupon. Especially with the games needing a $5+ item to do it.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']This is not true for 2 reasons.

First, the games are $39.99 or $39.95 and $49.99 or $49.95 so 50% off brings them down to $19.xx or $24.xx. The computer system does not allow for a coupon to be added unless it meets the requirements. Adding a $5 item to the $19.xx games will only bring it up to $24.xx and the coupon won't work.

Second, when a coupon is used for multiple items the savings are divided up based on the percentage each item makes up the total. For the sake of example, lets say you buy a $20 item and a $5 item. You use the $5 coupon and that would bring the items down to $16 and $4. So if you return the $5 item you only get $4 back and the $20 item stays at $16. Still save money but its more of a hassle versus using at 10-20% off coupon. Especially with the games needing a $5+ item to do it.[/QUOTE]

Your post is invalid for two reasons.

First, I would like to apologize for not mentioning that you need to buy an item that is $5.05 instead of $5, I didn't realize that people couldn't figure that out on their own and needed it to be explicitly mentioned.

Second, you just proved my point. You save $1 on the $5 item and $4 on the $20 Rock Band. There are no 20% off coupons that I can find, and $4 off of $20 is better than 15% off.. which amount to $3. I know it is only a dollar, but I've seen posts on CAG for flips valuing less than that. And it honestly isn't much of a hassle when you can pick up an item at the register, and then return it 30 seconds later.

My wife is an Old Navy veteran :roll:, and she suggested the same thing. If you find an item that gets you just over the coupon minimum, it's worth it. And they will process the return by applying the coupon evenly between the two items. I think that is the "take home message". :) In contrast to other stores which normally deduct the entire coupon from the item you return, leaving the game at full price.

The deal gets less attractive the higher you go for the second item, since the 15% off coupon matches it at some point.

[quote name='dmz5e']Your post is invalid for two reasons.[/QUOTE]

I was just clarifying your post. I didn't say it wouldn't work just that it isn't as good as it sounds. I even said you would still be saving money. Anything beyond $25 cuts into that additional savings so if you want to save those few extra cents then go for it.

The thing with coupons with requirements depends on the store. I know Dick's Sporting Goods computers don't recognize requirements for coupons and its the responsibility of the cashier to determine if the coupon meets the requirements. So if the total there comes to $24.99 the cashier can still allow the coupon but at Old Navy the computer does not give the coupon even though its only short a penny.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I was just clarifying your post.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm sorry. You did help to clarify, so thank you.

The Phillipsburg (NJ) Mall location I went to today never got any more copies in aside from that original shipment of 100 total which was a much smaller amount per platform of Lego Rock Band on Black Friday. So disappointing. :whistle2:(

yea my beatles rockband was poorly wrapped and the cover even had lil indention the size of pen holes...when I opened it up it was in great condition though.

[quote name='Archgarth']Damn my luck, every Old Navy around me has the PS3 version of Rock Band Beatles. I want the 360 version dammit![/QUOTE]

Target has the 360 version on clearance. I was $12.48 at mine (75% off). I passed since I play all my music games on my PS3.

I was on a trip the other day and on a whim just decided to stop off at a Best Buy. An Old Navy happened to be right next door. I remembered seeing the thread title so I went in. Got Beatles for PS3 for $20 for my mom. I love this site.

This was the Portsmouth, NH (I think) store. They seemed to have plenty of just about every RB game left.

[quote name='chuckywang']Target has the 360 version on clearance. I was $12.48 at mine (75% off). I passed since I play all my music games on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

Damn - where was this, I'd love to get the Beatles RB for $12. or even $16.
Actually I'll pay you $16 if you could grab it for me. $12.5 + $2.5 USPS ship + $1 convenience fee = $16 paypal gift for you!

I can confirm all old navys in reno nv have all the titles on all systems except unplugged and the ds version for this price I'm looking at them right now

Thanks for the heads up OP, picked up Beatles RB :360: for a shade under $20 after tax and (expired) coupon (nice gal at the register helped me out there).

[quote name='sickle']Damn - where was this, I'd love to get the Beatles RB for $12. or even $16.
Actually I'll pay you $16 if you could grab it for me. $12.5 + $2.5 USPS ship + $1 convenience fee = $16 paypal gift for you![/QUOTE]

Likewise. I'll happily paypal you $16 or trade you a game (maybe two) if you'll do this for me, too. PM me and let me know and you can CML.

Awesome news about the Portsmouth store, I hadn't bothered to drop in since I saw the thread, but now that I see they have them I might have to head there this weekend to pick up LRB.

Checked at the Old Navy at Northfield-Stapleton in Denver. They have them by one of the registers. Stack of 360 Beatles and RB2. Didn't see Lego for 360 or PS3. A few copies of RB2 and Beatles for PS3. Lots of Lego Wii. Also a few DS and PSP copies of I think Lego RB.

Beatles 360 rang up at 19.99 (stickered at 59.99, 50% off sign above the rack). Used a 10% off anything coupon I picked up from oldnavyweekly.com, which brought it down to 17.xx.

Picked up LRB 360 for $18.45 after 15% coupon and taxes.
They had 1 more LRB 360, a couple left of each title for PS3, and 1 PSP Unplugged.
I already own RB2 and Beatles, so nothing much for me there.

I also received a flyer at checkout w/coupon starting March 19th+ for 30% off 1 item!
It says specifically no price adjustments on previous purchases.
And there likely won't be much RockBand stuff left...
But 30% off would be a good deal if you can find anything.

Local Targets still had it at $25 this week, so if they drop it to $12.50 on Monday and have any left I'll probably buy it there and return the one to Old Navy. Hey, it's $5 :)

bread's done
Back