Rocko's Modern Life The Complete Series DVD Preorder (2nd Round 250 Litho) $29.93

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/216544 (First 200 Preorder get signed lithograph - SOLD OUT!!!)

(2nd round, 250 UNSIGNED lithograph) $29.93 plus shipping (Was $39.93)

RockoLitho.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Rockos-Modern...ords=Rocko's+Modern+Life:+The+Complete+Series $29.99 (No lithograph)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']What's REALLY strange is that Nick is doing that whole "the 90s are All That" thing right now, where they show all those toons and shows. One of the commercial bump formats is basically just highlighting various Twitter posts that reference different related topics (like, Where's Kel? and Quail Man and so on). Occasionally one comes up that says "Heffer REALLY ENJOYS that milking machine. #nowIgetRocko."

I just find it funny that they'd outright acknowledge that scene but still deny the show creator access to the uncut version.[/QUOTE]

The issue isn't that Nick is denying the uncut version, it's the fact that they're no longer even in the video library. Viacom's policy in the 90's was to physically edit the master tapes, the shows no longer officially exist as they originally aired. The only way to see them is to buy the bootlegs people copied off television when the shows originally aired. This same issue has come up in the past with DVD releases of Beavis & Butthead and Ren & Stimpy. Both Mike Judge and John K wanted the uncut versions of these shows on DVD (well, except for the retroactive editing Mike Judge did on his own), but they found out that the networks don't have the footage in the archive anymore.

Wow, thank you OP (and overly sarcastic newb who bumped this thread this morning). I *LOVE* Rocko's, but somehow I had missed this thread until now. Just ordered, looks like there are only 28 left after my order. :)

[quote name='cagisforlosers']Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

That will look so good next to my collection of blu rays.

Thanks for nothing Snot Factory.[/QUOTE]

Whine much?

Another obvious troll. Just look at his name...

And do you really think a Blu-Ray of Rocko would look any better? 4:3 Blu-Ray is useless in the first place; it would just be unnecessary.

Since it's bumped I might as well ask. Is there any information on a Season Four release?

I would buy this but I already own the first three seasons. Plus with the low price of the non Litho on Amazon, I doubt I could sell my copies.

Oh goodie, a troll to add to my ignore list. Thank you.

I'm well aware that I'm feeding a troll, but:

The original masters for the show are on SD tape and not film... so a Blu-ray release would be more than pointless, although I'm sure plenty of idiots would buy a pointlessly upscaled Blu-ray release just to have it be the same height on their shelf as the Blu-ray discs of 'Meet the Spartans' and 'Vampires Suck' and whatever other terrible, irredeemable tripe they doubtlessly have in their collection...

Thanks OP, loved the show when it was out and will probably appreciate it more now that I'm old enough to get all the humor and its a beautiful litho. If I could just get something like this for the rugrats.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I'm well aware that I'm feeding a troll, but:

The original masters for the show are on SD tape and not film... so a Blu-ray release would be more than pointless, although I'm sure plenty of idiots would buy a pointlessly upscaled Blu-ray release just to have it be the same height on their shelf as the Blu-ray discs of 'Meet the Spartans' and 'Vampires Suck' and whatever other terrible, irredeemable tripe they doubtlessly have in their collection...[/QUOTE]

So true.

I don't want to feed the troll either, but what do I care? I have him ignored so I don't have to read any dumb responses he might post.

"Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

That will look so good next to my collection of 1990's children's cartoon series blurays, like my Batman the Animated Series bluray collection, Rugrats bluray collection, Tiny Toons bluray collection, Ducktales bluray collection, Hey Arnold bluray collection, etc. I was justifiably expecting Rocko's Modern Life to be released on bluray because of all of the 1980's and 1990's standard def complete cartoon series that have been released on bluray.

Thanks for nothing Snot Factory."

Why do I feed trolls exactly what they want? I'm a bigger loser and even stupider than they are.

In for 1 thanks so much OP. Oh the memories. My kids are gonna love this.

BTW... Has anyone had experience with SHOUT! in the past? I was able to preorder for the litho, but I wonder now if they would have been diligent enough to make it unavailable when they ran out?

Time will tell I suppose.

Edit: 29 left after my order supposedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some shows from the 90's can destroy some of the new stuff from today. The Angry Beavers, Johnny Bravo, Invader Zim, and Hey Arnold still rock hard.

That lithograph would be awesome to have.

I'm still pissed that Disney never finished off their 90's cartoon sets (Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Talespin, etc.)
Found out my season 2 was still sealed so I returned that and went ahead and put in an order while they are still available, got to February to decide if I'd rather cancel the order and go with the cheaper lithographless version from amazon.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I'm still pissed that Disney never finished off their 90's cartoon sets (Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Talespin, etc.)
Found out my season 2 was still sealed so I returned that and went ahead and put in an order while they are still available, got to February to decide if I'd rather cancel the order and go with the cheaper lithographless version from amazon.[/QUOTE]

+1, I hate the fact that they never finished there shows they put on on dvd. Is there even a show that is complete?

There are still a ton of shows I wish they would put out like Goof Troop and Bonkers just to name a few.

Awesome, been looking to buy the individual seasons for a while now, so this is perfect!

Thanks for posting this deal -- just bought one -- 11 left in stock now. So glad I saw this just in time. :)

So torn! I've bought each season individually since they have been released. But this is a sweet set! Plus for that price, I could just sell my individual copies and have a complete set. Hmm....

This signed edition is now Sold Out, but they have another 250 unsigned litho editions, unfortunately for the same price as the signed ones :/

https://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/216585

SPECIAL OFFER: Order this directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive 18"x24" lithograph by creator/artist Joe Murray featuring newly commissioned artwork! Please note that the previous signed copies are sold out, but we have another 250 unsigned, so these are available while supplies last.

This is great to see, I've been avoiding buying the seasons sets since it's all to common for these shows to never be finished, but now I can finally pick it up :) Not sure if I should go for the litho or the cheaper amazon copy, especially now that it's not signed. Decisions decisions.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This signed edition is now Sold Out, but they have another 250 unsigned litho editions, unfortunately for the same price as the signed ones :/

https://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/216585[/QUOTE]

At least it wasn't a screw over like Capcom... Only 500 preorders will get this exclusive, errr, we mean 1000... Whoops, we meant we have 10000 available and it's now separate in our shop for sale.

At least only 200 will be signed. And 250 not, so 450 lithos is still a small run for collectors.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Damnit. Doesn't offer closed captions.[/QUOTE]
It does not have DVD subtitles, but it has Closed Captioning embedded in the video so you can either watch the DVD on your computer (most 90s TV programs on DVD have the option to select CC if there is not a subtitle option) or you can output from your DVD player a second connection with RCA cables and switch to that while watching Rocko so that you can turn CC on on your TV and still receive the signal (CC appears to be blocked over HDMI for some stupid reason).

Hello,

I think I may have just missed the signed litho. I placed my order about 9pm Sunday night and thought that I made the cut since my order came with a litho. I didn't realize there was a non signed version until yesterday. Can anyone who got the signed version tell me what their sku is? I'm curious to know if I got the signed one. I don't think I did but my fingers are crossed. Mine shows up like this on the receipt:

1 x Rocko's Lithograph - $0.00

SKU: ROCKOLITHO2

Thanks for your time!

[quote name='UncannyKid']Hello,

I think I may have just missed the signed litho. I placed my order about 9pm Sunday night and thought that I made the cut since my order came with a litho. I didn't realize there was a non signed version until yesterday. Can anyone who got the signed version tell me what their sku is? I'm curious to know if I got the signed one. I don't think I did but my fingers are crossed. Mine shows up like this on the receipt:

1 x Rocko's Lithograph - $0.00

SKU: ROCKOLITHO2

Thanks for your time![/QUOTE]

If you go to the orders section and look up the order, here's what mine looks like:

1× Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series with Exclusive Signed Lithograph! (Pre-order: 02/26/2013) 826663138627KIT

Was going to order from Shout, but higher cost, and the $7 shipping is now making me order for Amazon because of the lower price + my prime shipping.

Anyone have a complete list of the classic of the good 90s shows? I'm trying to figure out what ones to get so I can get my retro collection.

[quote name='b3b0p']I feel like I'm the only person in the world who hated this show. It was a snoozefest.[/QUOTE]

:drool:
Kind of like this post?

Just got this email:

We've made a change in your favor! The price of Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series has dropped to $29.93, and you will be charged the lower amount when your order ships in February (plus any applicable taxes and shipping costs). If you paid with PayPal, you will receive a refund for the difference the first week of January.

You will still receive the limited-edition lithograph.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Just got this email:

We've made a change in your favor! The price of Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series has dropped to $29.93, and you will be charged the lower amount when your order ships in February (plus any applicable taxes and shipping costs). If you paid with PayPal, you will receive a refund for the difference the first week of January.

You will still receive the limited-edition lithograph.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that email, but hopefully that's universal. This is a great price at $40, but a steal at $30.:D

I got this too. Pretty awesome indeed!!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Just got this email:

You will still receive the limited-edition lithograph.[/QUOTE]

Very cool promo!

I must admit that I'm a bit miffed that this is coming out before Season 4 considering I've already bought the first 3 season sets....oh well. :S

[quote name='Gameboy415']Very cool promo!

I must admit that I'm a bit miffed that this is coming out before Season 4 considering I've already bought the first 3 season sets....oh well. :S[/QUOTE]

Could probably sell 1-3 for $30-40 on ebay. Then buy this and get a cool lithograph :]

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Could probably sell 1-3 for $30-40 on ebay. Then buy this and get a cool lithograph :][/QUOTE]

Agreed, I managed to sell my Rocko singles on eBay for $12 each, so with the new price cut, I pretty much paid it off. :D

yep, still 131 non-signed lithograph Rocko series sets available for $30. If you can find 1 or 2 other items to pair it with that helps mitigate the shipping cost as it's like $2-3 dollars to add additional items.
some examples, here are all the specials.
Sarah Silverman program complete is $23, (cheapest price on amazon was $29)
Max Headroom series is $25, (has been cheaper on amazon, $22.50)
M.A.S.K. complete series is $30, (lowest price on amazon was $43)
Collectors edition of MST3k Vol XVI with tom servo figurine $37 (OOP at most retailers)
Home Movies complete series deluxe edition for $43 (lowest price on amazon was $56)

[quote name='Mako1215']Got damn it. Wish I had bought the one with the non signed photo now. fuck me.[/QUOTE]

So people who got the signed photo still pay the old $40 price? Aw man... I wish they extended it to signed copies too.

Oh well, it'll be a cool collectable to have.

[quote name='Vinny']So people who got the signed photo still pay the old $40 price? Aw man... I wish they extended it to signed copies too.

Oh well, it'll be a cool collectable to have.[/QUOTE]

I have the signed litho and got the price adjustment.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I have the signed litho and got the price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jedifrog21']Same for me[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the email but my price is now adjusted to $30. Sweet!!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I have the signed litho and got the price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, even though I paid w/ paypal & they took the money right away I have to wait until it releases to get the $10 back, lame.

bread's done
Back