Rogue Galaxy confimred for US release with improvements

I played this game hardcore last night, I got about 10 hours gameplay now. I am LOVING this game!! Damn it's so good. Everything about it is so damn sweet. I don't want this game to end. My characters are level 30.

The Prison was annoying at first, but if you do Simon's missle AP attack it is a breeze. I have been leveling up my weapons hardcore, but reading the older posts make my current weapon feel kind of "small". I don't even mind the random battles in this game, I think that's the first rpg I can say that for.

I have a question about weapon combining. Should I be combining my weapons into the Desert Seeker? I have a Full Breaker with 118 power (seems kind of low, I combined several weapons and now I have this one currently) and a crapload of attributes (the ones you get at end of battle). I combined it with the Desert Seeker and attack was considerable lower (low 80s). Is it worth it to combine them? My gun is a Radical Frost "X" with power 137 and at least 30 of each attribute.

This game is highly addictive. A question about boss fights though. The first boss fight in the game you get hunter points for. How come for the other boss fights you don't (I'm in Chapter 5, just finished Factory level). Is it only for sidequest boss fights or something?

Also I am a little bit confused about the Insectoid part of the game. Any tips as to catching etc?

i started playing this week and ran into the same problem as you did with the damn desert seeker...it downgraded, but i combined it with another weapon (i think a level 16 weapon or 17) and it upgraded to a 177 atk power weapon...which was simply so much better than what i was using.

for the Desert Seeker combin it with a lvl 11 weapon to get Desert Seeker 2, then combin Desert Seeker 2 with a lvl 18 weapon to get Desert Seeker 3. Then Desert Seeker 3 with a lvl 26 weapon to get Earthshaker.

For the Frog Log, I've combined at least ten main weapons with Jaster (as an example), but in the F.L/ it keeps saying I only created one. I want to eventually get the 100 count with MIO but what am I doing wrong? Do only his suggestions count or something?

[quote name='Blackout542']For the Frog Log, I've combined at least ten main weapons with Jaster (as an example), but in the F.L/ it keeps saying I only created one. I want to eventually get the 100 count with MIO but what am I doing wrong? Do only his suggestions count or something?[/QUOTE]
You need to make sure he analyzes the weapons prior to combining and then do the suggested combinations to fill the log. He should refer to it as a masterpiece if the combination is in the Log, otherwise he'll just say 'voila'.

Did anyone else find the Gladius towers LONG as hell?

Is there any significance when Froggie saying in Analyzing "this suckers pretty strong, can't think of anything to combine it with, bla bla bla?"

Just beat the game at 79:15 after the ending save. Didn't really have trouble with any of the boss fights, they were pretty easy. Probably going to go back and get the last Seventh Star Sword I missed, take a stab at Ghost ship, and play Insectron.

For the ghost ship, how many hours of continuous play are we talking to finish it up?

Loved the game, one of my favorites on the PS2.

[quote name='Blackout542']Just beat the game at 79:15 after the ending save. Didn't really have trouble with any of the boss fights, they were pretty easy. Probably going to go back and get the last Seventh Star Sword I missed, take a stab at Ghost ship, and play Insectron.

For the ghost ship, how many hours of continuous play are we talking to finish it up?

Loved the game, one of my favorites on the PS2.[/QUOTE]

First run though the Ghost ship will take a couple of hours. The second run (which I haven't done) is a very different thing (I think it is 100 levels of randomly generated fun).

I think I'm pretty much done with RG. I didn't quite get the revelation flow finished and I didn't do the Ghost Ship Extreme, but I finished everything else. Without an achievement as an incentive, I just can't see going back to it again. MS really hit on something with those (I started playing RG before I had my 360 and finished afterwards).

[quote name='io']First run though the Ghost ship will take a couple of hours. The second run (which I haven't done) is a very different thing (I think it is 100 levels of randomly generated fun).

I think I'm pretty much done with RG. I didn't quite get the revelation flow finished and I didn't do the Ghost Ship Extreme, but I finished everything else. Without an achievement as an incentive, I just can't see going back to it again. MS really hit on something with those (I started playing RG before I had my 360 and finished afterwards).[/quote]

Yeah I hear you on the R.F. I have no desire to hunt down every single item I'm missing (for the most part they are all complete, minus one or two,except Jupis and Deego). It just is a lot of time and I really just don't feel like going into it.

I was raising Insectrons and stuff and that is also time consuming...I probably won't finish it, seeing as how I already did a lot of stuff in the game, got my money's worth, and have a couple more (5-6) more RPGs to beat before I can finally move on to PS3.

And about the ending...
Does it mean a sequal? And why didn't they include the little cat dude, or actually have a SCENE for Rosa coming out of enslavement...that would have made sense considering that was one of Jaster's goals/dreams.

[quote name='Blackout542']
And about the ending...
Does it mean a sequal? And why didn't they include the little cat dude, or actually have a SCENE for Rosa coming out of enslavement...that would have made sense considering that was one of Jaster's goals/dreams.
[/quote]You'll have to remind me exactly how it concluded.

The last event was the decision to go back and get Kisala, right?

[quote name='botticus']You'll have to remind me exactly how it concluded.

The last event was the decision to go back and get Kisala, right?
[/quote]

Yeah, Jaster, Dorengoa, and Zengram decided they had one final mission, or treasure, or battle, I forgot the exact words. kisasla became queen of Eden.

That's what I thought. I suppose it's open for a sequel, but not enough loose ends to really make one necessary. I certainly wouldn't object if they did. I only put in about 40 hours or so, but loved it.

bread's done
Back