Romance Of The Three Kingdoms VIII (PS2) $12.00

This is my date/time of order directly from their "confirmation" email:

Order Date: 1-23-2004 at 4:42:11 PM [EST]

I'm glad you're still going to get the free shipping because you still have 3 games being shipped. The thing that gets me is that KOTOR was updated as being sold out on Saturday but yet they let RotTK8 sit as in-stock throughout the whole weekend at a "too good to be true" price all the while harping on the buy 3 get free shipping on their homepage. I personally think it was a bait and switch where people ordered Romance & 2 other items they may not really have wanted but "what the heck" because of the Romance price and free shipping. Next thing you know, you don't get the Romance and are stuck paying for shipping on the other two.

Keep us updated on the status of your other orders. Thanks!

And it's still listed as #1 on the Current and All-Time Bestsellers List.
Nice wayto fudge the numbers; I guess that doesn't count cancelled orders.
My order was placed at 23:24 01/23.
If I had ordered 3 items and got free shipping, and they accepted the order, then cancelled one item and charged me for shipping, I would cancel the whole order, tell them to forget it.

[quote name='btantra']To check whether or not your order is cancelled for sure, login to your account on DVDEmpire and check order status.[/quote]

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, or just for general information.

I did check my account. After the first email, the order looked normal, showing in stock. A short time later, it showed special order, but still not cancelled. Then, after the second email, it was cancelled. So even if it still showed your order after you got the first email, check again.

Mine was cancelled too. But it is ok. I only ordered that title. I would bet if you ordered other items to get to the 3 items limit you could call and get them to still give you free shipping. Or you could cancel your order.

Take Care,
Matthew

my order just shipped, and even though the total was less than $60 (after RotTK VIII was removed), they still counted the $5 off $60 coupon on the order. hopefully it'll stay that way on my credit card!

DVDempire is Totally $uck they never honor the Mistake!!!

My Order is Cancel too :(

Also, Buyer Beware: Maximo: Army of Zins (PS2) MRSP $39.99 but they have it for $49.99

:)

I also jumped on this very early on and my order was cancelled. I'm not all that broken up about it, but this will still be the first and last time I will be doing business with them.

Yeah, mine just got cancelled too, and I was among the first to order as well. The cancellation was accompanied with this e-mail:

The following email is in regards to Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII on
order #******

CD,

Dear DVD Empire Video Games Customer,

You have recently placed an order for Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII,
which was a title that we had placed on sale, at a discounted price, to
sell through excess stock. All orders placed for in-stock product will
ship. However, we are expecting no additional stock at this time and
therefore, we have no choice but to cancel all un-filled orders.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Thank you for your continued patronage.

Video Game Manager
DVD Empire

They placed it on sale to sell through excess stock, but even the very first people on here who took advantage of the deal got their orders cancelled, so exactly WHAT kind of excess stock did they have, 3 of 'em?

Me = NOT a happy camper ](*,)

add me to the list of canceled people.

Unlike a lot of people were probably just trying to get in on this deal because it was cheap, I actually wanted the game to play and even started reading the original historical book that inspired it.

No way I can afford this game at $50, so it's either wait for a price drop or forget about it :whistle2:(

Of course, with my luck, I'll probably end up finding the latest edition of the game for cheap,AKA nine, before I find this version of the game on sale;-)

guessssss who has this game back in stock ? Thats right. Good ol DVD Empire. Oh and guess what else. Its 49.99. Wow thats a surprise. I wonder what they did with all the CC numbers they collected last time. Deletyed them ? nahhhhhh...

I called them to see if they would honor their sale and they said no because Koei discontinued it and thats why they cancelled before and now they claim that koei has rereleased it. I can confirm that koei discontinued it cause several local sotres verified that. If someone can verify that they have rereleased it I might let them off the hook otherwise. Why I otta.

ROTK8 is $30 new and $25 used at Gamestop/EB. I'd suggest taking that route because from personal experience this game (blue disc) was a bitch to get working on several different ps2 machines.

bread's done
Back