RPG Thread XIX is getting a rhythm game spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy gets annoying quick.
tumblr_mj28szb8t01qcvlv6o1_500.gif

Teddy is the kind of guy that would be into Sailor Moon.

And I mean IN TO.

Disgusting.
Hey! Don't judge!

I just randomly remembered the Sailor Moon RPG for Super Famicom. There was this one area where if you didn't grind/distribute EXP properly, the game got REALLY hard because the enemies were hard but didn't give that much EXP.

Also I knew nothing about Sailor Moon when I played that game. My only experience is with the hilarious live action series.

That pretty much sums up my Magic Knight Rayearth experience, played the Saturn game, never seen the anime.

Hopefully I can finish off Valkyria Chronicles 2 by the end of the month. Just have the November and December missions left. Need to switch back to my :3ds: backlog. I never did finish off Kingdom Hearts 3D.

(I have Nier up on my shelf as well. It's been there for...6+ months now?)

So what tiers is everyone going for on that one? I'm not too hot on how they're set up, and as a result, I seriously don't know how much money I want to throw at it.

Totally want to see them reach those Alexander O. Smith and Sakimoto-related stretch goals, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what tiers is everyone going for on that one? I'm not too hot on how they're set up, and as a result, I seriously don't know how much money I want to throw at it.

Totally want to see them reach those Alexander O. Smith and Sakimoto-related stretch goals, though.
If they reach the Sakimoto stretch goal, I'll do the 50 dollar tier so I can get the OST.
Yea, I don't really like how they setup the tiers either. Only $80 and $110 gets one of the Kickstarter characters? Only the $250 tier gets a small-scale figure? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you're sure you want the OST though, I'd just jump in at the $50. You can always cancel before the kickstarter ends if it doesn't meet the goal, but putting in the money now will boost the total, which could get more people who are on the fence to do the same, so it does hit that stretch goal.

It's taking off slower than I expected though, so I'm skeptical at this point.

And for the record, I went in at the $165 level. The lowest I'd go was the $80 mark for the OST and artbook. Going up meant a lot of physical items, like the guide and t-shirt,

Yea, I don't really like how they setup the tiers either. Only $80 and $110 gets one of the Kickstarter characters? Only the $250 tier gets a small-scale figure? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you're sure you want the OST though, I'd just jump in at the $50. You can always cancel before the kickstarter ends if it doesn't meet the goal, but putting in the money now will boost the total, which could get more people who are on the fence to do the same, so it does hit that stretch goal.

It's taking off slower than I expected though, so I'm skeptical at this point.

And for the record, I went in at the $165 level. The lowest I'd go was the $80 mark for the OST and artbook. Going up meant a lot of physical items, like the guide and t-shirt,
*nods* Right now, I'm just going to wait and see how it goes, and hope they add more tiers.

None of the tiers really call out to,hopefully they add some and add consoles versions as a stretch goal.

Totally missed that. If the art direction ends up heading the right way, I might be in trouble.
They have physical add-ons now, so it'd be cheaper.

The kickstarter is raising some small red flags in my mind, and it's the first time I'm a little worried. It feels like a) they've got no experience with a project of this caliber and size, and b) they did the kickstarter way too early, with no actual concept. Their tiers and now add-ons are a mess.

More red flags (via metaly's Twitter):

https://twitter.com/yasumimatsuno/status/423976181386338305
https://twitter.com/yasumimatsuno/status/423976276714459136
Really not sure if I want to back this now.

ETA: The first tweet's not showing up here for me for some reason, but this is what it says: "Just in case anyone's confused, my involvement with #UnsungStory is limited to the original game proposal, world design, and story."

He did also say that depending on how successful the kickstarter is, his involvement will increase or whatever.
Yeah, but "more involvement" could mean anything. It seems most people (including me) were expecting him to direct this game as well as world-build it.

ETA: More tweets, which have been translated over at NeoGAF. This isn't a true "Matsuno game", at least not right now, according to Matsuno - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97391432&postcount=644 and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97393286&postcount=645

Seems like a lot of people are pulling out of the Kickstarter now based on Matsuno not being the director. :/ I'll stay in for now, but since I'm really primarily interested in playing it on Vita I might back out if it's looking like it won't hit the $1.8MM.

aww yeay~!! went to the street pass gathering and got this:

45f24a20809811e3863312af00698892_7.jpg

Bravely Default!!

isnt the max passes u can get 20?

well I got 22!!

that's JEKKISTYLE!!!!

anyways now I can finally play this game!!!

after I take this well deserved nap lol.

aww yeay~!! went to the street pass gathering and got this:

45f24a20809811e3863312af00698892_7.jpg

Bravely Default!!

isnt the max passes u can get 20?

well I got 22!!

that's JEKKISTYLE!!!!

anyways now I can finally play this game!!!

after I take this well deserved nap lol.
Nope the max villagers are 999, but the max you are allowed to transfer from demo to retail version is 20 villagers.

I'll admit I glitched to get 20 villagers.  Got one pass in the plaza saying the most recent game someone had played was Bravely Default Demo, but no pass for the actual demo.

Really really enjoyed it though.  Especially once I realized BP status didn't carry over between fights, hit Y to auto-repeat the previous round/battle's commands, and that hitting right on the dpad twice in battles super speeds things.  Set encounter rate to +100 and while watching a movie just wiggled the circle pad a bunch.  Quickly maxed out the jobs so I could experiment with them haha.

Seems like a lot of people are pulling out of the Kickstarter now based on Matsuno not being the director. :/ I'll stay in for now, but since I'm really primarily interested in playing it on Vita I might back out if it's looking like it won't hit the $1.8MM.
Pretty much the same for me. Only really interested in playing it if it comes out on the Vita, but I'll stay in for now though it doesn't look like it'll be hitting the 1.8 goal.

Pretty much the same for me. Only really interested in playing it if it comes out on the Vita, but I'll stay in for now though it doesn't look like it'll be hitting the 1.8 goal.
I'm staying in for now too, but I will probably pull-out, depending on what they say in Tuesday's update. So far, they haven't been able to answer most of the questions directed at them, and I've been reading all the comments on their Kickstarter page, up til today.

And right now, one stats page shows that they have a 2% chance of even getting funded, much less stretch goals..

One stats page is showing they have a 2% chance of even getting funded because one stats page is absolute fucking garbage at predicting end results. Complete failure after raising 60% of the money with 25 days to go requires an absolute implosion of the "BTW guys half the proceeds goes to building a thirty-foot golden statue of Strom Thurmond shitting on a crucifix" variety.

One stats page is showing they have a 2% chance of even getting funded because one stats page is absolute fucking garbage at predicting end results. Complete failure after raising 60% of the money with 25 days to go requires an absolute implosion of the "BTW guys half the proceeds goes to building a thirty-foot golden statue of Strom Thurmond shitting on a crucifix" variety.
a) Their predictions are about 2/3 accurate, b) yesterday, they had under $1000 added all day, c) They hit like $330,000 on their first day, and have since lost all momentum. Final week usually doesn't performs as well as the first week (the only two weeks that really matter).

Oh, no! A high-profile Kickstarter raises fuck-all money between day 1 and day 30!

"2% chance" based purely on statistical analysis is horseshit, plain and simple. Horrible decision making/PR can certainly kill them, but no model can really account for that.

Either way, I'm glad that Matsuno is being up front about all this now, as opposed to remaining quiet on these issues until after the Kickstarter's end.

Oh, no! A high-profile Kickstarter raises fuck-all money between day 1 and day 30!

"2% chance" based purely on statistical analysis is horseshit, plain and simple. Horrible decision making/PR can certainly kill them, but no model can really account for that.
Obviously, it's not guaranteed. I never said it was. But it really isn't on track to hit a single stretch goal at this point, meaning 2 out of the 3 well-known people tied to FFT won't be onboard. And like I said, Tuesday will probably be the deciding point, because they're releasing a big update.

Enjoying the Bravely Default demo. Since I only been playing at home for a few days, I need more people to help fix up the town. This will probably be the only 3DS game that I pay full price on. Hell, I might just pre-order the CE. 

Still working on DQ7...

Gonna get Gabo!

And I'm 9 hours in... and this is the 3DS version, which doesn't have the 3-hour long puzzlefest in the beginning.

This game is looooong

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back