Ryan Dunn of Jackass dead in car crash

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, watching the "Rocket Test" clip on their website is creepy as shit now...

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53692/Real-Life-Mario-Kart-Rocket-Test/[/QUOTE]

The first episode was still free to download on PSN as of last night. I never watched Jackass so I only knew him from this and the only reasons I watched it were:

1. It was free (I don't have pay tv and my 7.5 year old PC can't handle Play On streaming very well now.)

2 and most important. Jessica Chobot.

[quote name='DestroVega']That's way too harsh in my opinion. But I think losing your license for two years with a pass to only drive to and from work (which happens now a lot anyway) would be a solid deterrent.[/QUOTE]

it needs to be or else people will continue to do it. we had a story locally here a few months back of a guy who was drunk and ran over a chick the fucker not only had been busted for dui twice before but was also driving without a liscense and had just recently been released from jail for the last dui. if they had taken is his car from him maybe that chick would still be alive and with her kids.

it kills me how lenient the law can be towards some crimes and then with others its the crazy revolving door bullshit.

[quote name='lokizz']it needs to be or else people will continue to do it. we had a story locally here a few months back of a guy who was drunk and ran over a chick the fucker not only had been busted for dui twice before but was also driving without a liscense and had just recently been released from jail for the last dui. if they had taken is his car from him maybe that chick would still be alive and with her kids.

it kills me how lenient the law can be towards some crimes and then with others its the crazy revolving door bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree, if people want a change, the way to do it is to make it a very serious thing to do legally.

edit - DestroVega's comment below - I agree that would happen alot, but if the laws were alot more "throw the book at them" for drunk driving, at least they would have to sit for quite a while insead of a month or two and then do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']it needs to be or else people will continue to do it. we had a story locally here a few months back of a guy who was drunk and ran over a chick the fucker not only had been busted for dui twice before but was also driving without a liscense and had just recently been released from jail for the last dui. if they had taken is his car from him maybe that chick would still be alive and with her kids.

it kills me how lenient the law can be towards some crimes and then with others its the crazy revolving door bullshit.[/QUOTE]

those same guys who drive without a license would just drive their girlfriend's car if they got their car taken away. Those kind of people are just those kind of people.

[quote name='DestroVega']those same guys who drive without a license would just drive their girlfriend's car if they got their car taken away. Those kind of people are just those kind of people.[/QUOTE]

then you pass a law that states if you knowingly allow someone with a suspended/ revoked license to drive your car you lose said car permanently and face a year or more in jail. knowing that law exists would you loan your car to someone like that ?

It's only dangerous to the people who violate the law. It's pretty easy to not break the law. Why take it easy on them?

oh come on, have some sympathy. a lot of good people make the mistake of driving drunk, i'm sure we all know a friend who has.

doesn't justify it, but it's still a very human thing someone can relate to. ok well, 110 mph and drunk on the highway probably means you're just a douche.

Say that after you've lost someone from your life to it. You won't feel that way anymore.

I was almost hit head on by a drunk driver driving the wrong way on a four lane highway. I was lucky. I found out the next day someone behind me wasn't as lucky. I don't drink and drive and I don't let my friends either.

[quote name='Ziv']Say that after you've lost someone from your life to it. You won't feel that way anymore.

I was almost hit head on by a drunk driver driving the wrong way on a four lane highway. I was lucky. I found out the next day someone behind me wasn't as lucky. I don't drink and drive and I don't let my friends either.[/QUOTE]

damn straight man when it comes to drink dirving there should be zero tolerance. im willing to go so far as to say for your first offense you get a fine and lose your car. to me thats enough to scare someone straight but it blows my mind how many people keep doing it without remorse.

but when it come to repeat offenders fuck em you can only get lucky so many time driving drunk before you end up killing someone. theyre more worried about passing laws against toys in happy meals in some places then drinking and driving.

I too have lost a couple of close friends to drunk driving which is why it is such a sore subject for me. I am glad that there has tuned into a pretty intellectual discussion on drunk driving instead of people just ripping Dunn a new one.

On the new episode of G4's Feedback podcast there's still a Proving Ground ad but it has Dunn edited out except for a shot from the back.

[quote name='diddy310']On the new episode of G4's Feedback podcast there's still a Proving Ground ad but it has Dunn edited out except for a shot from the back.[/QUOTE]

guess the show goes on over at g4. what is that show anyway like a jackass lite?

[quote name='lokizz']then you pass a law that states if you knowingly allow someone with a suspended/ revoked license to drive your car you lose said car permanently and face a year or more in jail. knowing that law exists would you loan your car to someone like that ?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes people just take cars man, this just isn't possible.

[quote name='lokizz']guess the show goes on over at g4. what is that show anyway like a jackass lite?[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's who that dumb arse was... also that show was garbage (it is G4 afterall...) Chobot was the only reason originally...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oh, that's who that dumb arse was... also that show was garbage (it is G4 afterall...) Chobot was the only reason originally...[/QUOTE]

truth be told alot of g4s shows were only worth watching for the chicks. i miss diane mizota...........

[quote name='manthepost']I read an article earlier that said 2 of the jackass crew prdicted ryan dunn would die in a car crash[/QUOTE]

Bam says it on one of the movie commentaries.

[quote name='lokizz']then you pass a law that states if you knowingly allow someone with a suspended/ revoked license to drive your car you lose said car permanently and face a year or more in jail. knowing that law exists would you loan your car to someone like that ?[/QUOTE]

You're not "taking people's cars away". This isn't high school. And proving someone "knowingly" allowed someone to take their car would be impossible. If you want stiffer punishment, the only answer is longer jail sentences. As DestroVega mentioned, taking their license away won't do anything, taking cars away won't do anything. People who want to break the law will break the law.

The only other possible solution would be not allowing people who have gotten DUI's to buy alcohol at all (in the same way that felons aren't allowed to own guns). But this would be terribly difficult to enforce. You'd have to put some kind of mark on their license, and bartenders/cashiers would have to card everyone. And of course that doesn't prevent friends buying it for them. As I said, people will find a way.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You're not "taking people's cars away". This isn't high school. And proving someone "knowingly" allowed someone to take their car would be impossible. If you want stiffer punishment, the only answer is longer jail sentences. As DestroVega mentioned, taking their license away won't do anything, taking cars away won't do anything. People who want to break the law will break the law.

The only other possible solution would be not allowing people who have gotten DUI's to buy alcohol at all (in the same way that felons aren't allowed to own guns). But this would be terribly difficult to enforce. You'd have to put some kind of mark on their license, and bartenders/cashiers would have to card everyone. And of course that doesn't prevent friends buying it for them. As I said, people will find a way.[/QUOTE]

what good would longer sentences do to repeat offenders. and you can prove someone knowingly gave their car to them and if they lie and say they didnt then they get charged with theft. long story short if the law was as i stated i guarantee duis would go down.

Exhibit A

Bam%20Margera-TYG-002381.jpg

I mean, come on, nothing screams piece of shit like a neckerchief.

[quote name='Halo05']Exhibit A

Bam%20Margera-TYG-002381.jpg

I mean, come on, nothing screams piece of shit like a neckerchief.[/QUOTE]

the way he treats people on his show its a wonder he even has friends. also i dont get why his dad lets him hit him like that if i was his dad id have killed him already. best part of that last jackass movie was him being in that snake pit he damn near cried over it lol.

[quote name='lokizz']the way he treats people on his show its a wonder he even has friends. also i dont get why his dad lets him hit him like that if i was his dad id have killed him already. [/QUOTE]

because he supports his family, he even bought the house they live in.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not if you don't abuse it, it doesn't. I'm not defending people's right to get blackout drunk. But there's no reason having a couple beers after a long day of work should ever hurt anybody. Drinking responsibly is no different than being a responsible parent. Some people just can't handle it.[/QUOTE]

It impairs your judgement after 1-3 drinks. And many people only drink more because of those first few drinks.

[quote name='Ziv']It's only dangerous to the people who violate the law. It's pretty easy to not break the law. Why take it easy on them?[/QUOTE]

Do you also subscribe to the idea that if you deny a search, you must be guilty, because the innocent have nothing to hide?

I mean, really, to say that drunk driving is dangerous and illegal so we must give offenders twenty seven years in jail to deter them is absolutely ridiculous and a very, very dangerous mindset.

[quote name='J7.']It impairs your judgement after 1-3 drinks. And many people only drink more because of those first few drinks.[/QUOTE]

So be a grown ass adult and know your limitations. If you can't "help yourself" from being an alcoholic, then stay away from it. Personally, I can have three beers with my dinner at a nice restaurant and not be a fucking retard. 1-3 beers DOES NOT render you incapable of understanding your actions. You might be able to convince yourself that certain things are "ok", but that's just your general douchebag mentality making those decisions...not the alcohol.

bread's done
Back