SAACHU ANDO DESUTOROI!! Anime & Manga Thread Lives Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jaykrue']Which U of i? Urban Champaign? & what year(s) were you there?[/quote]

Not U of I. I put a major University in Illinois. I didn't want to put too much info out there on myself. I will just say the school I am talking about is known for its school of business. U of I was an option for me, but it was too far downstate (Champaign). I am a HUM fan though! I didn't like the other 'campus' for UofI.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']My question for slowdive21 is why were you lifetime banned from Funcoland? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I was kinda curious about that too.

I've been more curious though about your username GuilewasNK.

[quote name='slowdive21']Not U of I. I put a major University in Illinois. I didn't want to put too much info out there on myself. I will just say the school I am talking about is known for its school of business. U of I was an option for me, but it was too far downstate (Champaign). I am a HUM fan though! I didn't like the other 'campus' for UofI.[/quote]

Er, yeah, I meant Urbana-Champaign. That's where I started my real estate business. I still have the condo I started w/ down there. Good money. Hmmm, school of business, eh? If it's the top one, I think I know where you went but I won't post it in respect to your privacy. I'm not too familiar w/ HUM. Is that some local band there? These guys? Anyway, my friend started a hip hop dance group that eventually went international. It's called Dance 2XS.

EDIT: Callin' dibs on new anime thread... unless we're not goin' by that 500 post rule anymore.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']My question for slowdive21 is why were you lifetime banned from Funcoland? [/quote]

Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday...I was trying to buy a memory card for my brand new Playstation game system. I was convinced to buy a New 3rd party memory card that had just been released by a store employee because it had a larger storage capacity than the 15 block SONY card. He told me come back tomorrow, because he had to enter it into the system as it was new and that he would sell it to me for $10 - (because they over ordered them at his store).

I came back the next day and said to the (different) guy at the counter. "Hello, I believe there is a memory card on hold for me under the counter". The guy said "Yeah, I'm not going to sell it to you for That price!" I said "Why not? I made the trip back out here because I was told I could buy it today for $10" and he replied "I'm not going to sell it to you." I said "That's alright, my friend works at another funcoland (which was true), and I'm sure when I tell him about this experience he will adjust the price and have a talk with corporate about this store."

I walked out of the store and was halfway down the street when I heard the "BING" tone of the Funcoland door. He then proceeded to yell obscenities (probably from watching too much non pokemon anime) and continued to yell "What Funcoland?!" "What funcoland does he work at?!" I turned around and gave him the international symbol of I don't know by shrugging my shoulders and turning the palms of my hands up in the air. He then took a Polaroid of me and said "You're banned! You're banned from all Funcolands!"

The next day my friend from the other funcoland showed me a fax he received with my picture on it.

Dragon Ball Z is much better in comic form... the drawn out fights are what kill it.

Kirin is definitely right, most of the anime we got prior to DBZ and Pokemon was mediocre.

But come on, I watched the first NieA DVD and it's kind of fun.

Slowdive, that is hilarious.

To Everyone : What are some good Anime and Manga to start?

I have watched Naruto and Death Note, both i really enjoyed, and thinking about starting Bleach.

Any other recommendations?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']To Everyone : What are some good Anime and Manga to start?

I have watched Naruto and Death Note, both i really enjoyed, and thinking about starting Bleach.

Any other recommendations?[/quote]

Depends. What are you into?

- overpowered fighting
- magical girls
- giant robots
- moody emo protagonists who took a page out of Cloud from FF7's playbook
- supernatural horror
- existential treatise on humanity
- samurai
- pseudo-nazi-looking soldiers
- vampires
- werewolves
- harems

etc.

PS: Everyone please move to the new anime thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175522

[quote name='StarKnightX']I was kinda curious about that too.

I've been more curious though about your username GuilewasNK.[/quote]

I started using the name Guile*NK* when I was in a Quake III clan on Dreamcast. The clan was *NK* which stood for nefarious killers. After we all drifted apart and the clan dissolved, I decided to keep using Guile for everything. Since the clan was dead I switched to GuilewasNK because I was in NK. The main reason I did that is so old clan mates would recognize me if they ever saw me online.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I started using the name Guile*NK* when I was in a Quake III clan on Dreamcast. The clan was *NK* which stood for nefarious killers. After we all drifted apart and the clan dissolved, I decided to keep using Guile for everything. Since the clan was dead I switched to GuilewasNK because I was in NK. The main reason I did that is so old clan mates would recognize me if they ever saw me online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Whenever I saw one of your posts , I would read your username and think it was some kind of obscure street fighter referance or something.

Edit: Quake 3 on Dreamcast. I still have that , was never very good at quake multiplayer , always preferred UT.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Thanks for clearing that up for me. Whenever I saw one of your posts , I would read your username and think it was some kind of obscure street fighter referance or something.[/quote]

Yeah, a lot of people see sNK and think that.

I think I am going to watch some o ex-Driver tonight. I've the DVDs for a long time but never cracked them open. I've been playing so much Project Gotham Racing 4 lately that I want to see them now.

[quote name='slowdive21']Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday...I was trying to buy a memory card for my brand new Playstation game system. I was convinced to buy a New 3rd party memory card that had just been released by a store employee because it had a larger storage capacity than the 15 block SONY card. He told me come back tomorrow, because he had to enter it into the system as it was new and that he would sell it to me for $10 - (because they over ordered them at his store).

I came back the next day and said to the (different) guy at the counter. "Hello, I believe there is a memory card on hold for me under the counter". The guy said "Yeah, I'm not going to sell it to you for That price!" I said "Why not? I made the trip back out here because I was told I could buy it today for $10" and he replied "I'm not going to sell it to you." I said "That's alright, my friend works at another funcoland (which was true), and I'm sure when I tell him about this experience he will adjust the price and have a talk with corporate about this store."

I walked out of the store and was halfway down the street when I heard the "BING" tone of the Funcoland door. He then proceeded to yell obscenities (probably from watching too much non pokemon anime) and continued to yell "What Funcoland?!" "What funcoland does he work at?!" I turned around and gave him the international symbol of I don't know by shrugging my shoulders and turning the palms of my hands up in the air. He then took a Polaroid of me and said "You're banned! You're banned from all Funcolands!"

The next day my friend from the other funcoland showed me a fax he received with my picture on it.[/QUOTE]

Was it legit, as in did you try to go into another Funcoland and buy something to see if you really were banned? And if so, did you ever try to clear your name? And I'm assuming that the ban was lifted once Funcoland ceased to be, but just to be curious, are you banned from all GameStops too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back