Sale: (Closed)

Hello, am interested in the following, but have some questions:

Audio CDs
$15 Gensou Suikoden: Tierkreis Special Drama CD (Sealed) -Pic -Pic

Video DVDs
$15 Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival Slash - Absolute Guilty Gear Chronicle -Pic
$15 Wild ARMs - History Disc -Pic

Artbooks
$15 Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Data Archives -Pic -Pic -Pic -Pic
$15 Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - World Report -Pic -Pic -Pic -Pic
$8 Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 盤上 no Geass Gekijou - The Complete Guide -Pic -Pic -Pic

First, do the Gundam 00 books cover through the second series? If not, I'm not interested. Second, would it be possible to get an estimate of how much this would cost, shipped?

Hi Rasen,

[quote name='Rasen']First, do the Gundam 00 books cover through the second series? If not, I'm not interested. ?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I don't know very much about the Gundam anime (despite all the Gundam-related things I'm selling) so I can't confirm whether it does or does not. However, I can read a little bit of Japanese so if you can give me a "Dummy's Guide to Gundam", I may be able to answer your question.

For now, here are the ISBN numbers for the two books, in case you are able to do your own research:

ISBN 978-4-04-854182-4 (MSG 00: World Report)
ISBN 978-4-06-379385-7 (MSG 00: Data Archives)

Second, would it be possible to get an estimate of how much this would cost, shipped?

For the 3 discs and 1 book, and excluding the 2 Gundam books, the shipping price so far is $15. For everything, including the 2 Gundam books, it will be a bit more (to be confirmed).

Please note also that the two Gundam books are relatively heavier than the other items, so will be contributing to most of the shipping price.

[quote name='layzee']Hi Rasen,
Unfortunately, I don't know very much about the Gundam anime (despite all the Gundam-related things I'm selling) so I can't confirm whether it does or does not. However, I can read a little bit of Japanese so if you can give me a "Dummy's Guide to Gundam", I may be able to answer your question.
[/QUOTE]

Well, a quick way to tell would be that the first season of Gundam 00 has these gundams:
GN-001 Gundam Exia
GN-002 Gundam Dynames
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios
GN-004 Gundam Nadleeh
GN-005 Gundam Virtue

And the second season of Gundam 00 has these gundams:
GN-006 Cherudim Gundam
GN-007 Arios Gundam
GN-008 Seravee Gundam
GN-009 Seraphim Gundam
GN-0000 00 Gundam

There's also a 2-year time gap between the series, but only a few characters age noticeably.

[quote name='Rasen']Well, a quick way to tell would be that the first season of Gundam 00 has these gundams:
GN-001 Gundam Exia
GN-002 Gundam Dynames
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios
GN-004 Gundam Nadleeh
GN-005 Gundam Virtue

And the second season of Gundam 00 has these gundams:
GN-006 Cherudim Gundam
GN-007 Arios Gundam
GN-008 Seravee Gundam
GN-009 Seraphim Gundam
GN-0000 00 Gundam

There's also a 2-year time gap between the series, but only a few characters age noticeably.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the two books and can reasonably conclude that the "Data Archives" book covers both series. It has artwork for all the Gundam mechs listed above. It also has the words "First Season" and "Second Season" in plain English as well as an episode listing for both.

The "World Report" book however does not have any artwork for the latter half of the Gundams and does not seem to make a mention of season 2.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='layzee']I just checked the two books and can reasonably conclude that the "Data Archives" book covers both series. It has artwork for all the Gundam mechs listed above. It also has the words "First Season" and "Second Season" in plain English as well as an episode listing for both.

The "World Report" book however does not have any artwork for the latter half of the Gundams and does not seem to make a mention of season 2.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

It does indeed. In that case, how much would shipping be with the Data Archives?

[quote name='Rasen']It does indeed. In that case, how much would shipping be with the Data Archives?[/QUOTE]

Since my scales only go up to 500 grams, I'll need to check with the post office so check this thread in a day or three. I predict the total shipping for everything to be about $30-$40, maybe a bit more.

[quote name='glemtvapen']Lots of cool stuff you have here. :)[/QUOTE]

Cool bump you have there. :)

While I'm at it, random attempt at translation of the Japanese text in your signature: "Yossha¹! , I can fly nya²!"

¹ e.g. Yay!, Hurray!, Yippee! etc...
² e.g. "nya" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes. The character is dressed in a cat costume and "nya" sounds like "now".

In regards to your mysterious case, I made a valiant search effort since the mystery was killing me and I wasn't completely successful. If it's an ultimate hits game then the extra slots aren't for promo items because none of the ultimate hits (During and before 2007) were released with pre-order or promotional stuff. The overall goal was cheap production and cheap cost, not extra crap Squeenix would have to make.

Anyways, if this was late 2007 then the only options for the UMD slot is Itadaki Street or Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. They were both released at the same time so it's impossible for me to make a decision but I would probably go with Itadaki Street simply because Valkyrie Profile is a Tri-Ace game. But that's a big maybe.

The three slots on the back are (From what I can see.) larger than the slot next to the UMD case. Have you tried GBA games in the larger slots on the back? If so that makes sense because there have been only three GBA ultimate hits games released. The Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. If those fit then it's a perfect solution.

The slot next to the UMD eludes me. Can a DS cartridge fit into it? If so, which one? Also, I can't find a Nintendo DS ultimate hits release that happened in 2007 or before so I guess that's not possible? Is there a Squeenix-themed PSP pro duo memory stick out there? Does a Squeenix-branded PSP battery squeeze inside? Maybe it is for a zippo lighter (Though I doubt this because, in order for it to slide into the outer cardboard box, the items can't bulge out very far.) I did my best for you sir/madam and I wish you luck in deducing the rest. :D

[quote name='ArQuesta']In regards to your mysterious case, I made a valiant search effort since the mystery was killing me and I wasn't completely successful.[/QUOTE]

It certainly seems like you have done some painstaking research, sir.

[quote name='ArQuesta']If it's an ultimate hits game then the extra slots aren't for promo items because none of the ultimate hits (During and before 2007) were released with pre-order or promotional stuff. The overall goal was cheap production and cheap cost, not extra crap Squeenix would have to make.

Anyways, if this was late 2007 then the only options for the UMD slot is Itadaki Street or Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. They were both released at the same time so it's impossible for me to make a decision but I would probably go with Itadaki Street simply because Valkyrie Profile is a Tri-Ace game. But that's a big maybe.[/QUOTE]

Correction: At most 2007. In other words, any PSP game released up to and before late 2007 is a possible candidate for association with this case. I've personally owned this case since 2007, as for how old this case actually is, I have no idea.

[quote name='ArQuesta']The three slots on the back are (From what I can see.) larger than the slot next to the UMD case. Have you tried GBA games in the larger slots on the back? If so that makes sense because there have been only three GBA ultimate hits games released. The Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. If those fit then it's a perfect solution.

The slot next to the UMD eludes me. Can a DS cartridge fit into it? If so, which one? Also, I can't find a Nintendo DS ultimate hits release that happened in 2007 or before so I guess that's not possible? Is there a Squeenix-themed PSP pro duo memory stick out there? Does a Squeenix-branded PSP battery squeeze inside? Maybe it is for a zippo lighter (Though I doubt this because, in order for it to slide into the outer cardboard box, the items can't bulge out very far.) I did my best for you sir/madam and I wish you luck in deducing the rest. :D[/QUOTE]

Actually there are four slots. They are the exact same rectangle size, it's just the angle I took the photo that make it look a bit different. Also, the dimensions of the 4 holes are approximately 35mm x 45mm x 5mm (5mm deep).

To summarise, I have tried the following items in an attempt to find the perfect fit:

Nintendo DS Cartridges: Too small.
Nintendo GBA Cartridges: Not the right shape (not rectangle enough).
Bandai WonderSwan Cartridges: A strange choice since it's a dead non-supported console but not impossible since Square Enix supported at one time, and almost a good fit, given that the shape of the WonderSwan game cartridges are more rectangular than the GBAs. Just slightly too big though.
Sony PSP Memory Stick Cases: None of mine is a good fit, the possibility is still open for this one. I am thinking some sort of custom designed memory stick cases.
Sony PSP Batteries: Too big and too bulky.
Zippo Lighters: Also a good possibility, but the holes are not deep enough to allow fitment of the lighters.

[quote name='ArQuesta']I did my best for you sir/madam and I wish you luck in deducing the rest. :D[/QUOTE]

Your efforts are appreciated sir. So far you are the only other person on the Internet besides me who has been putting in an above average effort in trying to solve the mystery of the Square Enix case. Hopefully, one day, I can crack this open, once and for all.

Having said that, I do have a hunch. Somehow, I get the feeling that Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core has something to do with this Square Enix case. On what grounds do I make such a statement? I don't know, like I said, it's just a hunch. Which leads me to the Final Fantasy: Advent Children-related Zippo Lighter, an official Square Enix merchandise. But as noted above, it seems to be too big.

At this point in time however, I am inclined to go with one of the two following options, unless new information surfaces: 1) Custom-designed memory stick cases by Square Enix or 2) I've been had all along. The holes hold nothing. They may have been intended to hold something at one point, but whatever they were intended to hold were not produced, so the holes are just holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rasen']It does indeed. In that case, how much would shipping be with the Data Archives?

[quote name='layzee']Since my scales only go up to 500 grams, I'll need to check with the post office so check this thread in a day or three. I predict the total shipping for everything to be about $30-$40, maybe a bit more.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I have just confirmed shipping costs for all the items you are interested in and it is $36 (all packed safely in a box).

Give me a PM if you want it.

Cheers.

[quote name='layzee'](3) To identify exactly what this is and the exact thing that it is intended to hold (Square Enix related).[/QUOTE]

ArQuesta already done a great job trying to guess what the Ultimate Hits box was supposed to be for. I know it won't help much, but there is a website for the Square Enix Ultimate Hits @ http://www.square-enix.co.jp/uh/ So you can see what games were in the Ultimate Hits series by the time that item was released @ http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アルティメットヒッツ

I also tried checking Yahoo! Auctions of Japan and I haven't seen this item for sale with a description. :whistle2:#

And I own Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Limited Edition. While it is not the Ultimate Hits version, the bonus items included that first came to my mind when I saw that picture was it would probably fit the Kubrick figurines because I know that they have released Cloud, Sephiroth, and Sora amongst others. It is probably farfetched, but it's an idea.

[quote name='enigmaopoeia']I haven't seen this item for sale with a description. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

That's what makes it difficult trying to solve the mystery, I don't have a search term to use. The information might be out there, I just need to Google using the right words. Thanks for the post anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
any PS3 games and can u get anything jp and free bump for great list

[quote name='starmask2k3']any PS3 games and can u get anything jp and free bump for great list[/QUOTE]

I don't have any PS3 games for sale at the moment and I don't have the ability to get "anything JP" so the only stuff I have for sale is what's on the first post.

Thanks for the great bump anyway.

Bumpdate.

For future reference, a bumpdate is a portmanteau of the words "bump" and "update", and indicates that the main post(s) have been updated significantly. A regular bump means there has been little or no changes since the previous bump.

bread's done
Back