Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it arrived today it probably went out for delivery unless the lady really intercepted it. Also i think shes going to say to me I sent it out but forgot to get tracking number...

Last edited by a moderator:
No still waiting on her to send me message saying she shipped it off...

Last edited by a moderator:
well my tracking says arrival at unit still so im keeping fingers crossed i can intercept the package will find out tomorrow morning at 8am.

[quote name='gauu']well my tracking says arrival at unit still so im keeping fingers crossed i can intercept the package will find out tomorrow morning at 8am.[/quote]

I think You will have to wait at least 2 more days..USPS is closed today for holiday..unless you use UPS or FedEx those are working today

[quote name='Canquain']Well now that i got Scammed out of my nintendo Wii what can i do now?[/quote]

Take copies of the pms or emails you exchanged to the post office you mailed it from and ask them for help. Using the USPS to scam someone is a BIG crime and they take it seriously. Mail Fraud is BIg fines and Years in jail. Also make sure you tell the guy what your going to do as that may get him moving.

I only almost got scammed once and when i told him i filed a complaint he paid right away claiming he lsot my address.

good luck.

From what I've read here it sounds like a scam. Just to echo it further for any new traders signing in and reading. Do not use Western Union. I only accept PayPal, as their return policies are very very good, and that way you can view verified feedbacks, and addresses, etc. Its just a very nice process if going through PayPal. I've only ever been scammed once and not got the money back through them, and it was on a $11 or $12 purchase on eBay. Didn't put a whole lot of effort into getting it back, as I didn't really have the time for that little of a purchase. To be honest, if you're scamming for $10, you really need to get your head a check. You're committing a severe felony for $10, not that great of a plan.

Hope this works out in the best of ways. www.usps.com should have an online form to complain on as well. I would also notify the local Post Office as well as trying to call his/her local authorities with their address. As mail fraud is a serious crime. Good luck.

Earning a convicted felonly on CAG would be an example to curb future scammers. If this happens, a permanent sticky confirming a conviction would deter many from trying to rip off honest hard working CAG's.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Earning a convicted felonly on CAG would be an example to curb future scammers. If this happens, a permanent sticky confirming a conviction would deter many from trying to rip off honest hard working CAG's.[/quote]
Or pictures of the scammer after they got a Cag beatdown. I am sure pics of a scammer all bloody with broken bones getting hit with a tire iron and baseball bat would help as well!

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Earning a convicted felonly on CAG would be an example to curb future scammers. If this happens, a permanent sticky confirming a conviction would deter many from trying to rip off honest hard working CAG's.[/QUOTE]

What good would that really do? They could just stop using that account and create a new one.

Even if you mark their IP, they could ask their ISP to give them a new IP.

[quote name='rmb']Or pictures of the scammer after they got a Cag beatdown. I am sure pics of a scammer all bloody with broken bones getting hit with a tire iron and baseball bat would help as well![/QUOTE]

...What the fuck is wrong with you?

[quote name='5of9']Take copies of the pms or emails you exchanged to the post office you mailed it from and ask them for help. Using the USPS to scam someone is a BIG crime and they take it seriously. Mail Fraud is BIg fines and Years in jail. Also make sure you tell the guy what your going to do as that may get him moving.

I only almost got scammed once and when i told him i filed a complaint he paid right away claiming he lsot my address.

good luck.[/quote]
Anything under $250 is a misdemeanor. Unless the price of the sale is above that price, felony charges cannot be filed. The worse you can do to a person is get them a slap on the wrist and a very small court fine.

I worked in lost prevention for many years, USPS is not going to do anything. They do not get involved in he said she said battles.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']...What the fuck is wrong with you?[/quote]
What is wrong with you? Do you really think I am serious? LMAO!
It would deter scamming though!

[quote name='Pookymeister']It's fine to receive money via Western Union. You walk into any place that gives out Western Union money, like a Supermarket, with your transaction number. You walk out with cash. Pretty Simple. That's why scammers want to be paid with it.[/quote]

Not true...Western Union can be OK, however, it is easily forged. you may get something in the mail that you think is from Western Union but it could be a fake. As with a personal check, verify funds (cashing it) prior to sending anything in return.

i know this isnt the place or time for me to be happy but THANK YOU ALL. thats to kintanos especially and all the others who warned me ahead of time about herbs. i was able to get my ps2 bundle intercepted this morning. its being sent back to ny from springfield ohio. all i gotta say is i hope bad karma hurts you herbs.
ed

yah im super super stoked cause 30$ loss is much better then 225$. might be only 15$ if my post office's postmaster waves the return shipping fees from ohio since it was a scam and all.
ed

well this isnt luck bro its cause my post office is nice. technically i was supposed to send the package priority or parcel. i sent it media mail though. hence the reason it took a week to get there. so since i sent it media i got really lucky and they were able to intercept it.

dont give up bro. just follow what everyone has told you. document everything. things will work out and we can hopefully get this bitch.

[quote name='h2dk']Not true...Western Union can be OK, however, it is easily forged. you may get something in the mail that you think is from Western Union but it could be a fake. As with a personal check, verify funds (cashing it) prior to sending anything in return.[/quote]

Obviously you wouldn't send until you had cash in your hands. If you walk into a Western Union office with a forgery - i highly doubt you will walk out with cash.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Obviously you wouldn't send until you had cash in your hands. If you walk into a Western Union office with a forgery - i highly doubt you will walk out with cash.[/quote]

well it doesn't really matter if you have the cash or not. What really matters is who you are dealing with.. I send money first but I still didn't get what I want

[quote name='skylinersx']well it doesn't really matter if you have the cash or not. What really matters is who you are dealing with.. I send money first but I still didn't get what I want[/quote]

Sending money first is an entirely different animal. I am just referring to Western Union and receiving money first before shipping out an item and how there shouldn't be issues with that. I'd actually prefer it over paypal for larger sales since it can't be reversed months later.

[quote name='Canquain']She Just Sent em a message saying she sent it out today concealed cash/[/QUOTE]

That's just... not a good idea to send $400 in cash. Because then if you don't receive it, she could just say you're lying or that it was lost in the mail. And at the way things have been going, I don't think I'd consider giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck man, I hope this works out.

[quote name='Canquain']She didn't give me a tracking number either i told her money order.[/quote]

You know he/she probley claimed they would send you cash so they could make up yet another excuse like it was lost in the mail. Someone stole it ect ect. When in fact they didn't send it to start with. I hope you get your wii or the money. I knew herbs was trouble when I first saw his threads.

You have my sympathies Canquain. I would love to start trading here but I'm still apprehensive. As a new trader I know I would have to send first so I'm paranoid about who I would send to.

Best of luck in actually getting that money... Herbs still hasn't said anything to me since she received the games I shipped her =/
At least, this gives me some hope that things might turn out right for someone, regardless of however minute a chance it may be.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']You have my sympathies Canquain. I would love to start trading here but I'm still apprehensive. As a new trader I know I would have to send first so I'm paranoid about who I would send to.[/quote]

You wont have any trouble. Just start off tradeing with high feedback CAGs only.

I don't know why everyone is so paranoid about trading... as long as you aren't selling systems to someone with a 7 feedback for SEVERAL hundred dollars, I don't see much of a risk. Trade with higher rated members, stick with trading one game for one game. Understand that there is a risk, think about it before you agree to a trade, and you should have no issues trading whatsoever.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I have a sneaking suspicion that this "$400 concealed cash" thing will end badly.[/quote]

If you are suspicious as I would be .......

If four $100 bills show up, use latex gloves and then get a counterfeit ink pen. (Wal Mart sells them cheap) I would film if possible opening the package. You don't want your fingerprints on fake bills if you have to turn it over to the authorities.

Maybe even better would be to take the package to your local police station and open it in front of an officer and explain you think you might have received something suspicious in reference to a scam. (Use your best judgement) Print off all correspondence.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']You have my sympathies Canquain. I would love to start trading here but I'm still apprehensive. As a new trader I know I would have to send first so I'm paranoid about who I would send to.[/quote]

I started trading here after joining in 2005 a month ago. I have 11 completed transactions under my belt with three more in progress. All have gone smoothely. Understand there is a risk but take a small risk not a big one.

Trade a game for a game and always use delivery confirmation. Keep PM's until the deal is complete and make sure you ask about the condition of the game.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']I started trading here after joining in 2005 a month ago. I have 11 completed transactions under my belt with three more in progress. All have gone smoothely. Understand there is a risk but take a small risk not a big one.

Trade a game for a game and always use delivery confirmation. Keep PM's until the deal is complete and make sure you ask about the condition of the game.[/quote]

thats the best advice anyone could give or just use signature confirmation same thing as dc but someone has to sign for it and they wont leave the package outside if nobody is home. id say too if you buy something from someone use postal money orders since i believe you need to cash them at the post office with an id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back